Dead By Developers

I have been playing this game since 2016, free with PSN, yes im a dirty console player. But my issue with this game is how the devs literally do the opposite of what we ask of them then get mad when the player count drops. The SBMM is broken like my heart from my last relationship and they aint doing what they need to do to fix this game before something like VHS or Propnight takes over. If anybody on the team sees this message. Please ban me from the forums to prove my point. Learn to take criticms and actually try to work with us to save this game called Dead By Devs... Thanks

Comments

  • There's so much to unpackage from this post, to be honest, I don't think I could do justice to try and explain all my points, all I'm gonna say is that Bubba isn't op, this game will be fine when other games come out, and buff bubba.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    And if you don’t get banned?

    It will be extremely awkward for him when he continues posting.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    And if you don’t get banned?

    If not then I will just continue to exist as one of MANY ppl who will voice their opinions to no avail

  • You think VHS and Propnight are going to overthrow Dbd? Both of those games are ok but your high if you think either of those games will take over.

  • @ThanosPAWG said:

    You think VHS and Propnight are going to overthrow Dbd? Both of those games are ok but your high if you think either of those games will take over.

    They ARE fun, but will they grow big enough to attract fun licenses themselves?

    This is one of DBDs strongest selling points, which makes it even more frustrating that they are so sluggish in their patching and hot fixing patterns.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778235#Comment_2778235

    They ARE fun, but will they grow big enough to attract fun licenses themselves?

    This is one of DBDs strongest selling points, which makes it even more frustrating that they are so sluggish in their patching and hot fixing patterns.

    Yeah, until you get burnt by trying them out :)

  • I love Pinhead and Pyramid Head, they are both pretty cool, and Demo-dog is probably my most played killer now, he is just so much fun to play. So sad that new players can't acquire him anymore.

    Freddy and Myers are the only chapters that I am missing, and I am reluctant to buy them, because they are both apparently a bit too busted right now.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778293#Comment_2778293

    I love Pinhead and Pyramid Head, they are both pretty cool, and Demo-dog is probably my most played killer now, he is just so much fun to play. So sad that new players can't acquire him anymore.

    Freddy and Myers are the only chapters that I am missing, and I am reluctant to buy them, because they are both apparently a bit too busted right now.

    And all of the above are outstanding killers once you climb few steps up.

    Then the BS starts, dh ds boil over coh, you wonder the f of the game u bought. And stop playing it.

  • Please ban me from the forums to prove my point

    i guess your point couldn’t be proven right :(

  • They won't ban you because they always do the opposite of what you ask of them.

  • I think people miss the point when it comes to other games. They don’t need to overthrow DBD, they just need to siphon players. Our playerbase is already bleeding and if you think Elden Ring, or even smaller releases like VHS aren’t going to speed that process up, I’ve got a bridge to sell ya.

  • Console DbD went out June or July 2017.

  • No offense but VHS and Propnight are years away from DBD. If they survive the release

  • @El_Gingero said:

    I think people miss the point when it comes to other games. They don’t need to overthrow DBD, they just need to siphon players. Our playerbase is already bleeding and if you think Elden Ring, or even smaller releases like VHS aren’t going to speed that process up, I’ve got a bridge to sell ya.

    I actually feel you will be eating those words once you realize neither of those games will do anything.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778406#Comment_2778406

    I actually feel you will be eating those words once you realize neither of those games will do anything.

    VHS, maybe not.

    Elden Ring though? Yeah, it will hurt.

    Three large content creators (Otz, Tru3 and Scott iirc) have all said they're gonna be playing it extensively.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778864#Comment_2778864

    VHS, maybe not.

    Elden Ring though? Yeah, it will hurt.

    Three large content creators (Otz, Tru3 and Scott iirc) have all said they're gonna be playing it extensively.

    Actually that is an interesting point. Three extremely prominent content creators moving to it simultaneously might have an impact. I have never really seen that before in other games where people constantly claim x game will kill y game.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778864#Comment_2778864

    VHS, maybe not.

    Elden Ring though? Yeah, it will hurt.

    Three large content creators (Otz, Tru3 and Scott iirc) have all said they're gonna be playing it extensively.

    Dunno about Tru3 but the other 2 were basically starting as Dark souls youtubers so its nice to see its coming back. And Elden ring map looks very massive so I am hoping for lot of content for many months

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778866#Comment_2778866

    Dunno about Tru3 but the other 2 were basically starting as Dark souls youtubers so its nice to see its coming back. And Elden ring map looks very massive so I am hoping for lot of content for many months

    Tru3 was a fighting games guy iirc he played For Honor a lot.

  • Where have you seen the devs be mad about player count dropping?

    Seems mostly to be players that call doom and gloom everytime the playerbase drops even the slightest amount.

  • Wait this game was on ps4 since 2016? And on ps plus during the same year?

  • @Shaped said:

    Wait this game was on ps4 since 2016? And on ps plus during the same year?

    No. Console DbD launched June 2017.

  • I thought so. I dunno why op said he got it in 2016 on psn.

  • The SBMM is broken like… your… heart?…from your last relationship?

    9EC2EDAE-F894-4557-B958-690CCB08867C.gif


  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778994#Comment_2778994

    I thought so. I dunno why op said he got it in 2016 on psn.

    They're the only console player with Legacy cosmetics.

  • @Sasorii19 said:

    I have been playing this game since 2016, free with PSN, yes im a dirty console player. But my issue with this game is how the devs literally do the opposite of what we ask of them then get mad when the player count drops. The SBMM is broken like my heart from my last relationship and these mfs aint doing what they need to do to fix this game before something like VHS or Propnight takes over. If anybody on the team sees this message. Please ban me from the forums to prove my point. Learn to take criticms and actually try to work with us to save this game called Dead By Devs... Thanks

    • PS. Nerf Leatherface nibba OP lol

    Yeah propnight isn't gonna take over anything. It's a silly party game (yes DBD is too, but propnight is fun for a couple hours then nothing)

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778406#Comment_2778406

    I actually feel you will be eating those words once you realize neither of those games will do anything.

    Well you’re living in fantasy land then mate. You honestly think gamers don’t play on video games?

    Elden Ring is going to huge. People have work, school, responsibilities etc and not everyone can split their time between multiple games. Plenty of people will leave so they actually have the time to invest in a game like Elden Ring.

    Its not about “overthrowing” DBD. Its not even about leaving forever. It’s about the reality that people hop from game to game all the time, DBD is bleeding by the thousands, and as that continues, some pretty big titles are coming out.

  • @Sasorii19 said:

    I have been playing this game since 2016, free with PSN, yes im a dirty console player. But my issue with this game is how the devs literally do the opposite of what we ask of them then get mad when the player count drops. The SBMM is broken like my heart from my last relationship and these mfs aint doing what they need to do to fix this game before something like VHS or Propnight takes over. If anybody on the team sees this message. Please ban me from the forums to prove my point. Learn to take criticms and actually try to work with us to save this game called Dead By Devs... Thanks

    • PS. Nerf Leatherface nibba OP lol

    This is legit the funniest thing i read especially the broken heart analogy made me chuckle upvote lol

  • I know its the popular thing to hate on devs but i genuinely think they are in a stage of absolute apathy. They have Patrick basically taunting players and having the devs downplay the grind and deny any ideas to fix it, insist on forcing a sbmm down out throats even though everyone hates it and the general lack of care to the game with things like pinhead crashing the game and the whole shards issue. They don't seem to care as long as they get more sales. Its awful because dbd has the potential to be a fantastic game with more care.

  • @Cryptikk said:

    I know its the popular thing to hate on devs but i genuinely think they are in a stage of absolute apathy. They have Patrick basically taunting players and having the devs downplay the grind and deny any ideas to fix it, insist on forcing a sbmm down out throats even though everyone hates it and the general lack of care to the game with things like pinhead crashing the game and the whole shards issue. They don't seem to care as long as they get more sales. Its awful because dbd has the potential to be a fantastic game with more care.

    The funniest (and meanwhile the saddest too) thing about the current state of BHVR is that one recent occurrence we are not even allowed to talk about here.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2779919#Comment_2779919

    The funniest (and meanwhile the saddest too) thing about the current state of BHVR is that one recent occurrence we are not even allowed to talk about here.

    oh the dowsey thing?

  • Bait. You only want to get someone locked up :<

  • No, it was a legit question, I'd be the one in trouble for bringing it up, and I doubt someone saying yes or no would be enough for them to be punished.

  • I miss Horvath and MClean 😥

  • Believe it or not, this game is alive.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778235#Comment_2778235

    They ARE fun, but will they grow big enough to attract fun licenses themselves?

    This is one of DBDs strongest selling points, which makes it even more frustrating that they are so sluggish in their patching and hot fixing patterns.

    Well of course, some people will find it fun, some won't, it's just the fact that most of the playerbase from dbd... well, enjoy dbd

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778243#Comment_2778243

    Well of course, some people will find it fun, some won't, it's just the fact that most of the playerbase from dbd... well, enjoy dbd

    Faxxxxs!

  • I liked the part where he said hes been playing the game free on PSN since 2016. When the console release of DbD only came out in 2017

    Kinda sus

  • @Smuk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778305#Comment_2778305

    And all of the above are outstanding killers once you climb few steps up.

    Then the BS starts, dh ds boil over coh, you wonder the f of the game u bought. And stop playing it.

    why do people still complain about ds?? and boil over isn't even good. dead hard and coh could use some rebalancing tho

  • @Lawlichan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778356#Comment_2778356

    why do people still complain about ds?? and boil over isn't even good. dead hard and coh could use some rebalancing tho

    DS can be a problem in mid-late game.

    Boil over with size of wiggle and running to top floors is a just a call to slug

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778235#Comment_2778235

    They ARE fun, but will they grow big enough to attract fun licenses themselves?

    This is one of DBDs strongest selling points, which makes it even more frustrating that they are so sluggish in their patching and hot fixing patterns.

    Exactly, without licenses neither propnight or vhs is going to do anything to dbd. I'm all for seeing these games do better and attract more players but unless a miracle happens or a perfect opportunity arises there is a very slim chance either of those games will get something that can make them serious competition for dbd.