clarify us ingame reporting system - bhvr

So one of the options is to report a cheater. Stated in description.

now that apperantly doesnt work. So you could at least add to a midchapter, to comment those few buttons on UI, so I dont have to watch nor use dummy buttons.


and then you want us to fill a form with a video proof of a cheater.

Video can be very subjective. example:

1 survivor alive. Killer closes hatch, survivor escaped without proccing No way out. He escaped, but does not have a key.

So ? Are you just going to ban him without further investigation, as apperantly log files are useless otherwise why add video as evidence.

Or will it unjustifiable ban, since I would not be suprised if there is a bugged case, where no way out does not trigger

Tagged: BHVRMod

Comments

  • The buttons are not "dummy buttons" first of all, they flag the match so that we can see it really took place.

    The video evidence for hacking/cheating is definitely required, and we do not ban unless there is very clear evidence of the cheat.


    (edit to add: could also have found a key in a chest on the map, this will not show in the end screen).

  • @Mandy said:

    The buttons are not "dummy buttons" first of all, they flag the match so that we can see it really took place.

    The video evidence for hacking/cheating is definitely required, and we do not ban unless there is very clear evidence of the cheat.

    (edit to add: could also have found a key in a chest on the map, this will not show in the end screen).

    I have used this example. As it have happened to me.

    The person did not have a key, and it was running toward exit gates. Close to the exit gates, I was eager to see what or how did he escape, but then the other survivor who ttv has left the spectating.

    Video evidence is less valuable then active logs.

  • @Smuk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767932#Comment_2767932

    I have used this example. As it have happened to me.

    The person did not have a key, and it was running toward exit gates. Close to the exit gates, I was eager to see what or how did he escape, but then the other survivor who ttv has left the spectating.

    Video evidence is less valuable then active logs.

    Ahh, that happened to me as well.

  • @Mandy said:

    The buttons are not "dummy buttons" first of all, they flag the match so that we can see it really took place.

    The video evidence for hacking/cheating is definitely required, and we do not ban unless there is very clear evidence of the cheat.

    (edit to add: could also have found a key in a chest on the map, this will not show in the end screen).

    wasn't there a dude that streamed himself openly and obviously hacking for years

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767932#Comment_2767932

    wasn't there a dude that streamed himself openly and obviously hacking for years

    Reminds me of that hacker in R6 who got invited to pro league

  • BHVR can clarify all they want but until they get a reporting system that doesn't belong in the 90s, let alone 2022, it's not going to matter.

    I've used the report system once. It takes so long and you have to do so much to report someone that I could play one (maybe even two or three matches if it's a genrush game) that I don't even bother to do it anymore. I'm not going to waste my precious free time swatting some cheatbot that is going to pop up again five minutes after they finally get banned because it costs dollars to buy another cheat account.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    BHVR can clarify all they want but until they get a reporting system that doesn't belong in the 90s, let alone 2022, it's not going to matter.

    I've used the report system once. It takes so long and you have to do so much to report someone that I could play one (maybe even two or three matches if it's a genrush game) that I don't even bother to do it anymore. I'm not going to waste my precious free time swatting some cheatbot that is going to pop up again five minutes after they finally get banned because it costs dollars to buy another cheat account.

    I’ve seen the form. I am honestly not suprised that I had a match against iri 1 cheater - big beamer, flying and spamming infinity screams

  • yeah I don't know how they think a reporting system that requires video evidence and manual review for every single ban would ever be sufficient for a game with more than 100 people playing it consistently

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767932#Comment_2767932

    wasn't there a dude that streamed himself openly and obviously hacking for years

    The Russian dude that popped up on Otz's stream a bit back? AFAIK he's still around.

  • That form provides them the information needed to issue a developer ban.

  • @gilgamer said:

    yeah I don't know how they think a reporting system that requires video evidence and manual review for every single ban would ever be sufficient for a game with more than 100 people playing it consistently

    Unfortunately, in the last Q&A, they basically confirmed that they will never, ever change this, because they gave a flat no for a match replay system.

    If the game won't record that data, then they're going to continue asking the players to do it for them.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2768136#Comment_2768136

    Unfortunately, in the last Q&A, they basically confirmed that they will never, ever change this, because they gave a flat no for a match replay system.

    If the game won't record that data, then they're going to continue asking the players to do it for them.

    It's honestly a little pathetic like I get not having a replay system for someone to just go and grab the data of since with how many matches happen in this game that'd be a lot of data to hold onto but they should still be detecting the movements and actions of the players in each match.

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2768144#Comment_2768144

    It's honestly a little pathetic like I get not having a replay system for someone to just go and grab the data of since with how many matches happen in this game that'd be a lot of data to hold onto but they should still be detecting the movements and actions of the players in each match.

    It's absolutely pathetic. This game is almost 6 years old, has hundreds of thousands of active players, and the in-game report function does nothing unless you're reporting a chat offense. It's not even clear that it does nothing, so most players don't understand that they need to be taking supplemental actions and using third-party software in order to report cheaters and hostage-takers.

    That is a huge issue and BHVR has repeatedly demonstrated a lack of interest in fixing it.

    You would think they could at least see pure data things like "huh, this guy got hooked 136 times that match, that's not right" or "this survivor moved 60 meters in 2 seconds while in the dying state" or "this survivor escaped the match while 5 generators were left" or "all four survivors died 7 seconds into the match" or "this killer's power was not the one that killer is supposed to have."

  • @Mandy said:

    The buttons are not "dummy buttons" first of all, they flag the match so that we can see it really took place.

    The video evidence for hacking/cheating is definitely required, and we do not ban unless there is very clear evidence of the cheat.

    (edit to add: could also have found a key in a chest on the map, this will not show in the end screen).

    So unless you have some form of recording software, the report buttons are just dummy buttons? Is that right?

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2768168#Comment_2768168

    It's absolutely pathetic. This game is almost 6 years old, has hundreds of thousands of active players, and the in-game report function does nothing unless you're reporting a chat offense. It's not even clear that it does nothing, so most players don't understand that they need to be taking supplemental actions and using third-party software in order to report cheaters and hostage-takers.

    That is a huge issue and BHVR has repeatedly demonstrated a lack of interest in fixing it.

    You would think they could at least see pure data things like "huh, this guy got hooked 136 times that match, that's not right" or "this survivor moved 60 meters in 2 seconds while in the dying state" or "this survivor escaped the match while 5 generators were left" or "all four survivors died 7 seconds into the match" or "this killer's power was not the one that killer is supposed to have."

    Honestly, it's probably not a lack of interest and more a lack of competency. Either in management or staff or both, I don't know but something isn't working at bhvr that's for sure.

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2768173#Comment_2768173

    Honestly, it's probably not a lack of interest and more a lack of competency. Either in management or staff or both, I don't know but something isn't working at bhvr that's for sure.

    My assumption is that the amount of resources (staff, code, bandwidth) it would take to fix the issues with the report system are, corporately speaking, better put towards things that will earn revenue and draw in new players.

    It's the same reason a game health chapter is never happening. It's just not high enough on the priority list.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2768187#Comment_2768187

    My assumption is that the amount of resources (staff, code, bandwidth) it would take to fix the issues with the report system are, corporately speaking, better put towards things that will earn revenue and draw in new players.

    It's the same reason a game health chapter is never happening. It's just not high enough on the priority list.

    What do you mean? I thought they could do it all at the same time and don't need a game health chapter, while their game has more bugs than a landfill and hackers that bend their game over and do the dirty on the daily.

  • @Mandy said:

    The buttons are not "dummy buttons" first of all, they flag the match so that we can see it really took place.

    The video evidence for hacking/cheating is definitely required, and we do not ban unless there is very clear evidence of the cheat.

    (edit to add: could also have found a key in a chest on the map, this will not show in the end screen).

    With the stance you confirmed recently on endgame 'smack talk' being an essential part of online gaming and not bannable, some of the reporting guidelines likely do need to be updated.

  • @Mandy said:

    The buttons are not "dummy buttons" first of all, they flag the match so that we can see it really took place.

    The video evidence for hacking/cheating is definitely required, and we do not ban unless there is very clear evidence of the cheat.

    (edit to add: could also have found a key in a chest on the map, this will not show in the end screen).

    You understand it's an absurd burden to expect everyone to record every game in order to have something done about the folks that ruin their games, yes?

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767932#Comment_2767932

    You understand it's an absurd burden to expect everyone to record every game in order to have something done about the folks that ruin their games, yes?

    not sure if I'd use the same wording, but yes I do appreciate how much effort there is that has to be put into reporting and how recording is not that easy for everyone.

  • @Mandy said:

    The buttons are not "dummy buttons" first of all, they flag the match so that we can see it really took place.

    The video evidence for hacking/cheating is definitely required, and we do not ban unless there is very clear evidence of the cheat.

    (edit to add: could also have found a key in a chest on the map, this will not show in the end screen).

    What about insults, for example, in another language? In this case, does it make sense to use only the reporting system? Or the situation is like cheaters, that is, you also need to provide a video with a chat?

  • @Taingaran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767932#Comment_2767932

    What about insults, for example, in another language? In this case, does it make sense to use only the reporting system? Or the situation is like cheaters, that is, you also need to provide a video with a chat?

    For offenses like verbal abuse you are only required to report in game, the ticket is not mandatory, but helpful, regardless of the language used.

    This and more is explained in this post: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

  • @Rizzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2768408#Comment_2768408

    For offenses like verbal abuse you are only required to report in game, the ticket is not mandatory, but helpful, regardless of the language used.

    This and more is explained in this post: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

    What exactly constitutes an 'insult' though?

    Toxic Mandy.JPG

    Does it have to rise to the level of hatespeech?

    'Cuss word cuss word babykiller ez noob l2p' strikes me as very insulting, but is not bannable.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2768417#Comment_2768417

    What exactly constitutes an 'insult' though?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/W864D48HXDES/toxic-mandy-jpg.jpg

    Does it have to rise to the level of hatespeech?

    'Cuss word cuss word babykiller ez noob l2p' strikes me as very insulting, but is not bannable.

    It depends on the gravity of the insult, of course.

    Saying "babykiller" to someone is not a huge insult and in any case it's the Support team that takes action if needed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2768047#Comment_2768047

    What's even worse is that they replaced the submit a ticket button with a chatbot thing. It's easier to use, i think, but i've tried it and on two separate occasions on two different it fails at the last step of reporting cheating, when you put your email in, after you type everything in a upload your gameplay. Super disappointing and exhausting. There's no excuse for it, BHVR just barely care about the issue.

    You can still make a ticket if you have the link, bypassing the chatbot: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

    I found the link through Google, "dbd support ticket". As this ticket form still exists and can be found through Google I think it's still okay to make tickets through this instead of the chatbot.

  • Yeah, it's basically impossible to report people if you are on Console (which is probably the majority of the playerbase) and the whole reporting process is...clunky, to say the least.

  • @Mandy said:

    The buttons are not "dummy buttons" first of all, they flag the match so that we can see it really took place.

    The video evidence for hacking/cheating is definitely required, and we do not ban unless there is very clear evidence of the cheat.

    (edit to add: could also have found a key in a chest on the map, this will not show in the end screen).

    so…the buttons ARE in fact dummy buttons? If they weren’t dummy buttons they’d be looked at however you’re saying we need to include video evidence which atm especially on console is impossible. Sooooo?

  • @Rizzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2768423#Comment_2768423

    It depends on the gravity of the insult, of course.

    Saying "babykiller" to someone is not a huge insult and in any case it's the Support team that takes action if needed.

    Moving a little further, let's say we have a player that plays ~40 matches of DBD a week, and while they're careful to never cross the line into hate speech or death threats, they give the "ggez, lmao, trash, play civ because ur [BAD WORD] at this game, imagine being this bad, my dog plays better than u" shtick in every one of those matches and spend three minutes needling every single player who's unwise enough to respond to them - "i know u tried real hard sweetie but maybe u should try farmville instead", "bet u were the kid nobody wanted to play with at school because ur [BAD WORD]", "go [BAD WORD] yourself and cry urself to sleep", "nobody likes u for a reason", "lmao drink some copium". Most of their chat logs end with "EZ" spammed 20+ times.

    And yeah, I'm assuming that all of these lines, individually, DBD is okay with. I've never been given any indication otherwise.

    But is this something that should be looked at, moderated, and/or chat-banned in an ideal DBD-world, or is that still an acceptable part of the online gaming experience because they never cross the line even though they behave badly in every circumstance possible? Is there a point where you'd exceed the tolerance given for smack talk, or is DBD's stance that they just do not care what players do or say as long as they're not "bad enough?"

    Because from where I'm standing, it doesn't even look like there's a point to reporting most of the nasty people I encounter. Some people are awful to everyone, they take pride in being awful to everyone (I've seen some interesting profiles), but they still fall in that "casual trash talk" zone and I get the impression that any reports I make are just considered clutter.

  • The system is better than what it was. I used it today, and although I used my phone to put in the report (and reported it on the result screen) it was fairly straight forward! The worst bit is just typing in the infinite number of digits for my ID code😁. But it really is alright.

    Anyway, for fun, here's the snapshot from the match I reported. It was near enough Chinese New Year, I guess, for fireworks..

    48f35d47-4138-4433-ab89-ca763c08801d.png


  • It does nothing. Look at my post history, I have been reporting an afk freddy DAILY for nearly a year ( I get put against him once a day atleast ) and has never missed a day, so hes never been banned

    @gammatsunami said:

    I get time to play 2 games before work. Almost every single day for weeks now a user who is a afk Freddy has been afk farming.

    Literally weeks now and I report him everytime. I get they get lots of reports but how does dozens of reports not flag a user I imagine many others are doing it to him also. So it might be in the hundreds.

    Would it be better if I put his name here for mods or something?


    there it is, I still get put against him daily, and I report him everytime.

    I dont believe them when they say they do, either that or theyre ok with afk bots who spam m1 for iri, bps

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2768305#Comment_2768305

    not sure if I'd use the same wording, but yes I do appreciate how much effort there is that has to be put into reporting and how recording is not that easy for everyone.

    Wait a minute, help me understand something here please;

    Our dear Switch cousins had their ability to record matches turned off some months ago. How on earth are they to report properly and fully a hacker/cheater with any hope of it succeeding?