REMOVE CLEANSE TOTEM CHALLENGES, THEY RUIN OTHER'S FUN
Yeah, they really do.
Is not the first time, this happen to me every day and it is freaking annoying because there are people doing that kind of quests and I'm like 5minutes searching for totems and when I find out every single totem is destroyed.
This is sooo annoying because I remember when I matched with a team where 3 guys had ''circle of healing'' and one guy had that cleanse 20 totems quest and ruined all fun, everyone was injured, we couldn't heal because the killer was main Onii, my team was mad and flamed that guy (including me, yes I'm honest).
So this kind of quest SHOULD BE REMOVED FOREVER. It is not fair that I have to match with the guy with ''Cleanse 20 totems'' Quest. How am I supposed to know that someone have that quest? You guys are making others waste their time finding totems when u have that kind of person on ur team
I read that some guy posted this 11 months ago. And he was right. Those quests ruin others' fun. Nowadays many people use the ''Boom: Circle of healing'' perk. And in those situations, u are basically ruining others fun making this game so frustrating because of those quests' fault.
THE QUESTION HERE IS. DO WE REALLY NEED THAT CHALLENGE? I MEAN. I'M TALKING ABOUT THE CHALLENGE/QUEST NOT ABOUT THE CLEANSE MECHANIC/ACTION. lol
PD: ik my English is bad, no need to tell. thanks.
Comments
When I play survivor I cleans every totem I see with or without a chalange so should I be removed for ruining your fun
I cleanse totems all the time to avoid NOED not because of the challenge.
Why were you all staying injured instead of healing eachother? That seems like you were throwing the game because you were upset about not being able to use your boon.
Cleanse totems are only useful when you have inner healing and the killer has hex perks. Your passive aggressive comment makes no sense here
Healing each other works when u are playing against a bad killer, we tried to heal each other on that match but It was a main onii with instakill perk, it was almost impossible.
I agree that the cleanse quest is boring and annoying buuuuuut..
You cleanse totems to use Inner Strength and counter A Nurse's Calling.
I cleanse totems to see if the killer has Hex: Pentimento.
We are not the same.
How do totems counter nurses?
Also cleaning of totems is taken into account in the emblems.
"Inner Strength" heals you in a locker after cleansing a totem and doesn't proc "A Nurses Calling" to reveal aura.
@JoeyDonuts is correct. You heal instantly when the perk triggers, so a killer with Nurse's only had a split-second to see your aura.
I WILL REPEAT THIS. I'M NOT SAYING THEY SHOULD REMOVE THAT ACTION. I'M JUST SAYING THAT CHALLENGE MUST BE REMOVED FOREVER BECAUSE IT'S BORING AND SOMETIMES IT RUINS OTHERS FUN BY OBLIGATING THEM TO CLEANSE ALL TOTEMS EVEN WHEN 3 GUYS ON UR TEAM HAVE BOOM TOTEMS
Another solution for this problem is to add more totems spawn locations or whatever. In the future this will be even worse bc I'm pretty sure there will be more survivors with totem perks.
I pair up Inner Healing with Small Game so yeah, I generally cleanse all the totems I find to avoid the surprise NOED at the end.
Cleansing all totems also doesn't stop anyone from healing each other, and quite honestly, there are way worse challenges such as escape through the hatch, or complete 3-4 gens in the same match. The totem one is probably the least annoying of them all. You can also take medikits to heal up.
It wasn't the guy's fault, but the entire team preferred to rely on a perk instead of remembering about basic game mechanics. Next time find a teammate, and heal each other.
THE QUESTION HERE IS. DO WE REALLY NEED THAT CHALLENGE? I MEAN. I'M TALKING ABOUT THE CHALLENGE/QUEST NOT ABOUT THE CLEANSE MECHANIC/ACTION.
No the challenge should stay it's easy to do and, everyone is doing totems so NOed doesn't come in to play.
I run Inner Strength so I'm against the boon totem players🙂
🤨Unless I'm playing as Mikaela that's the only time I run the boon.
Normal challenge. I would even say relaxing. Much better than unhooking a player who previously unhooked you.
Sometimes your perks don't get use. Sad fact of the game. You're not going to use that CoH either if the killer is Plague, or a facecamping Bubba, or a tombstone Myers.
Boons are a new aspect of the game, but there's still old reasons to cleanse dull totems - Plaything, NOED, Clairvoyance, Inner Strength, Thrill of the Hunt. Your boons don't trump what everyone else is doing.
It's a good challenge that any Survivor of any skill level can complete. The tomes need a mix of those kind of challenges to keep new players from losing hope on completing one and keep them invested.
Yeah, but you will never end up cleansing all totems on a match, or yes?
And what about those situations when you unlock chests and all you get is flashligs or tooboxes but no med kits (It happens sometimes, not every time but it does)
Oh cool, u are so unique, nice one mate. But I already mentioned that in case u didn't read. And just in case boy, I'm talking about THE CHALLENGE NOT ABOUT THE ACTION. ''we are not the same'' 🤡
I do cleanse all. If I don't get them all, some random in the team will find the remaining 1-2 and do it themselves. I don't mean to sound rude and against Boon totems, but very often those players will bless multiple in a row for points, and waste a lot of time. I've seen teammates die on hook because I was in a chase, and someone decided to Boon instead of getting a save.
Plus, yeah, sometimes you don't get to use all perks in a match. I run power struggle + flip flop, but I cannot expect my team not to throw pallets so when I go down I can potentially make use of the combination.
It isn't ideal to have a wasted perk, but on the other end, healing can be done in so many ways. CoH isn't the only solution.
Also, you get items in the bloodweb?
Cleansing is always useful cause you never know if the killer has noed and it's an easy counter to that strong perk
So...should I complain when I run UB and I don't get slugged that match?
Sometimes you run a perk that doesn't get used at all - that happens with me and Deliverance all the time, that's the risk you take when you use perks that have conditions to them, unlike perks such as Sprint Burst for example.
Challenges are there to be completed for players to maybe play a bit differently than they normally would and go out of their way to do other things...and I know I've been happy on many occasions after taking a hit when all the generators are done and get out of that match injured only to see the killer had NOED but someone had cleansed all the totems.
Oh, neat, you mean the post where you admitted to bullying someone because they did an in-game action that kept you from using one of four perks?
The one where you admitted that you and your TWO FRIENDS couldn't win so you took it out on someone else rather than moving on to the next match?
You mean the post where you literally contradict yourself by saying that there's "no reason to cleanse if you aren't using this perk because I say so"?
The one that I ignored because it offered nothing valuable for discussion?
You're right, were not the same, kiddo! What do y'know! Way to out yourself as someone who looks for trouble, though, weirdo.
or just change the challenge to also include Blessing as an option as well, now everyone wins!
Which is why I use Bloodhound. Just the other night I grabbed someone out of a locker because Bloodhound went straight to it, I have to wonder if they were trying Inner Strength or just hiding. 😉
I always go with Iron Maiden for my locker punishment perk. Works so well with Doc.
Man I want to love Iron Maiden 🤘🎸 but it’s so hard to capitalize on it.
The biggest benefit I see, especially with doc, is that survivors fear being exposed so much that after the first time they avoid lockers, keeping them vulnerable to madness
You can also use basic sense and cleanse 1 or 2 totems and remember where rest of them are incase of NOED.
Or I can do every one I see so it's gone cause maybe I am dead when it comes to noed or I'm forced out plus it gives points so why the f not
You can easily get 2000-4000 points per chase unless you are immersed gen repair survivor so points doesn't matter
OH yeah I'm not that good at vieng chased I'm better at not getting chased in the first place
Whatever counter works for you, use it. If taking the totems out as you go works better, do it, Don't let us here (by definition the saltiest of saltines, and yes I include myself with that) change what works for you
Thank you very much my friend nice to see some people don't act like they bought the game for me :*