already over this bp event

1.5x bp and everyone loses their mind and decides to go all out and play as sweaty and unfun as they physically ######### can on both sides. im so tired would it kill you to not end the game in five minutes and let people collect more than 3k points on either side

Comments

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2753169#Comment_2753169

    Hello fellow Nemmy player. 😀 I play mostly two killers: Nemesis and Blight. I'm a simple person and I use the same build on everyone: Beast of Prey, Distressing, BBQ, and Lightborn. Well, except right now for this Blood Rush, where I had to replace Beast of Prey with Starstruck because no, no, I'm not going to be denied my hooks. (I know my build is dumb. I play to screw around more than anything. For the longest time I played almost exclusively Tier 1 Myers. No add-ons; I just enjoyed being spooky.) What about you, what's your build?

    My PyramidHead has 79 4th Year Anniversary cakes on him. My Ghost Face has 150 3rd Year Anniversary cakes on him. I use Anniversary cakes to get characters to P3, but once I hit P3 I stop using the cakes. They become [completely worthless] collector's items decorating my inventory, which I'm cool with because they're pretty.

    I'm not good with PyramidHead, either. He feels too clunky for me. Nemesis's tentacle is the only ranged attack that feels good to me on controller/console.

    Dang you're all in on the bloodpoint gains! I'm surprised you actually use those two perks being beast of prey and distressing. At least lightborn prevents "bullying". Care to explain why you chose those over others?

    Myself I typically change my build around alot I haven't found that sweet spot with him like I have clown for example. But right now Ive been using bbq, plaything, monitor, infectious. But I may tweak otz "lore accurate build" and run with lethal pursuer, enduring, forced penance, and bbq....rip fire up it was the weakest perk in the build plus BP gains be important to me. I just think the lore accurate build stuff is a very cool idea.

    I wish I saved some third anniversary cakes but I used them all because I was like mhmm blood points.

  • @xxshyguyxx said:

    Gotta run Franklin's, and starstruck, and mad grit, and corrupt to actually play the game as killer. Otherwise you get bullied, ganged up on, and clicked at all game. It's pretty gross. So fun.... let's be swarmed all match instead of feared. Yeah Dwight pop that gen in my face Then DH safely to that pallet for a free 30 second loop where you turn and click each time you hop a window or pallet. So cool bro. So original.

    Oh and please.... all 4 ride the end game timer down as much as possible safely against the exit and spam flashlights and teabag me until I have to individually hit each of you out to make the game end.

    franklin's, starstruck, and mad grit are hardly necessities for me; i don't have an issue with the clicky clicky flashlight saves or bodyblocking (but this may be indicative of the fact i main pyramid head and nothing else), but it's mostly trials ending at record speeds that i hate. it's a bloodpoint event and while i dont want people to farm i also dont want them suddenly bringing everything at their disposal to sweat as hard as possible, and when its clear a player is outmatched (usually notice this as new killers vs not new survivors but it works the other way round) i know that i (and my swf when we play) will just... stop gens for a bit to give the killer points in sacrifice + chaser + brutality and then we'll try and end the round. none of us care about escaping, and i dont expect everyone (or anyone else) to do it, but also it wouldnt kill people to not speedrun things asap

  • I've been farming as killer half the time for event, equipped bbq, distressing, thrill of the hunt and the bloodlust bp one (forgot name), then I turn off crossplay and tell the survivors in lobby I'm farming. only once in the entire time i've played (devotion 8) did somebody give me a hard time for wanting to farm, so that's good.

  • i mean thats what usually happens anyway, seeing try hards from both sides is what usually happens at least on my servers.

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2753622#Comment_2753622

    Dang you're all in on the bloodpoint gains! I'm surprised you actually use those two perks being beast of prey and distressing. At least lightborn prevents "bullying". Care to explain why you chose those over others?

    Myself I typically change my build around alot I haven't found that sweet spot with him like I have clown for example. But right now Ive been using bbq, plaything, monitor, infectious. But I may tweak otz "lore accurate build" and run with lethal pursuer, enduring, forced penance, and bbq....rip fire up it was the weakest perk in the build plus BP gains be important to me. I just think the lore accurate build stuff is a very cool idea.

    Beast of Prey, Distressing, and BBQ are all about the Bloodpoints. I may have fun trying out other perks, like Scourge hooks and Deadlock, but I always end up back at my regular build. Before dedicated servers went live, I used Whispers instead of Lightborn. Whispers is such a good perk, but I haven't been able to reliably counter flashlights on dedicated servers so I keep Lightborn on at all times, now, to keep the number of matches that become slug-fests to a minimum.

    Plaything and Infectious are good. One thing I enjoyed about Pinhead was trying out Plaything on him and survivors would be totally blind to me walking up behind them. Free grabs!

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2753650#Comment_2753650

    Beast of Prey, Distressing, and BBQ are all about the Bloodpoints. I may have fun trying out other perks, like Scourge hooks and Deadlock, but I always end up back at my regular build. Before dedicated servers went live, I used Whispers instead of Lightborn. Whispers is such a good perk, but I haven't been able to reliably counter flashlights on dedicated servers so I keep Lightborn on at all times, now, to keep the number of matches that become slug-fests to a minimum.

    Plaything and Infectious are good. One thing I enjoyed about Pinhead was trying out Plaything on him and survivors would be totally blind to me walking up behind them. Free grabs!

    Hell I may try out your build. Yeah those BP perks kinda suck NGL but the thing is, even if you have bad games you get decent BP which is great!

    Hey can I make a suggestion? Maybe for nemesis you will want to swap distressing because whenever I play him I almost never not max out deviousness. Brutality is something I usually don't have maxed out till the end on good games...but sadly no BP perk for that category.

    Edit: I know forced penance procs give you 300bp in deviousness if it's something you'd like. Honestly now that Ive sat on it for a bit, thrill of the hunt may work better than beast of prey for your build now considering it would help slow down boons blessing and it would make them waste their time doing nothing to cleanse it. Yeah you don't get the full 50% all match but it's food for thought! Lemme know whatcha think

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2751355#Comment_2751355

    when i say that ive faced more spirits and alch ring/crow all with ruin/dying/tink today than i have within the past 3 months i wouldnt even be exaggerating

    neither would i be with the amount of prove thyselves

    it's so ######### bad

    i really cant be asked to play

    i appreciate the sentiment but they better fix the grind in other ways because this is really not it.

    that or have the community grow up for once but thatll never happen

    At least Prove Thyself is logical, 2x BP while cooperative healing and doing gens. Means you can do less gens and less heals and instead be in chase longer.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2751357#Comment_2751357

    At least Prove Thyself is logical, 2x BP while cooperative healing and doing gens. Means you can do less gens and less heals and instead be in chase longer.

    yeah it is, but still frustrating. especially when they combo with built to last + toolboxes, it just makes me wanna stop playing

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2753726#Comment_2753726

    Hell I may try out your build. Yeah those BP perks kinda suck NGL but the thing is, even if you have bad games you get decent BP which is great!

    Hey can I make a suggestion? Maybe for nemesis you will want to swap distressing because whenever I play him I almost never not max out deviousness. Brutality is something I usually don't have maxed out till the end on good games...but sadly no BP perk for that category.

    Edit: I know forced penance procs give you 300bp in deviousness if it's something you'd like. Honestly now that Ive sat on it for a bit, thrill of the hunt may work better than beast of prey for your build now considering it would help slow down boons blessing and it would make them waste their time doing nothing to cleanse it. Yeah you don't get the full 50% all match but it's food for thought! Lemme know whatcha think

    Yeah, that's why I like the BP perks: even bad games generate decent BP. Distressing is unnecessary as hell when I have a good game, but it cushions the blow of a really bad one where the only tentacle hits I get are on zombies. I actually replaced Distressing with Beast of Prey at the moment because I'm having good games so far today.

    Yeah, I've made the suggestion before that Brutality needs a BP perk. I almost never max it out.

    I didn't know that about Forced Penance. That's interesting.


    On the thread topic of stupid matches during this event, I just had one with an AFKer, and I tried to go easy on the survivors but then one of them disconnected when they got immediately downed off the hook by a zombie (not my fault! I wasn't nearby). So, then I had to kill one of the two remaining or be stuck waiting for them to do five gens, which, no thanks. Damnation, survivors, please don't disconnect. I go through all that trouble to not tunnel, not to be so aggressive that they're afraid to unhook, and they can't pay attention to how easy I'm going on them in a 3v1. Just now I had a survivor disconnect because they jumped into a locker in front of me and I pulled them out. It actually cancelled the match for it. Don't run into the basement and jump into a locker in front of the killer first thing in a match! Who does that?!


    Edit: I used to run TotH, before I unlocked BoP, but I found that survivors would always find the hex early into the match and I'd either have to camp the hex (bad) or they'd cleanse it and I'd get no value from it (also bad). If I'm screwing around and doing long chases, then BoP gives me some amusing moments of confused survivors not knowing how to deal with a killer with no red stain.

  • No, Spirit is my darling love so I support her.

  • Truthfully tho this community goes out of their way to make every event as miserable as possible. I still remember all the events through the years. Killers or survivors would go absolutely out of their way to deny something if possible to deny. I don't remember BP events being this bad tho it's like everyone practicing for an upcoming tourney I'm unaware of lol

    Ignore me I'm kinda venting. Just want some BP to p3 my killers...I almost have them all p3 only like 7 to go..

    @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2753888#Comment_2753888

    Yeah, that's why I like the BP perks: even bad games generate decent BP. Distressing is unnecessary as hell when I have a good game, but it cushions the blow of a really bad one where the only tentacle hits I get are on zombies. I actually replaced Distressing with Beast of Prey at the moment because I'm having good games so far today.

    Yeah, I've made the suggestion before that Brutality needs a BP perk. I almost never max it out.

    I didn't know that about Forced Penance. That's interesting.

    On the thread topic of stupid matches during this event, I just had one with an AFKer, and I tried to go easy on the survivors but then one of them disconnected when they got immediately downed off the hook by a zombie (not my fault! I wasn't nearby). So, then I had to kill one of the two remaining or be stuck waiting for them to do five gens, which, no thanks. Damnation, survivors, please don't disconnect. I go through all that trouble to not tunnel, not to be so aggressive that they're afraid to unhook, and they can't pay attention to how easy I'm going on them in a 3v1. Just now I had a survivor disconnect because they jumped into a locker in front of me and I pulled them out. It actually cancelled the match for it. Don't run into the basement and jump into a locker in front of the killer first thing in a match! Who does that?!

    Edit: I used to run TotH, before I unlocked BoP, but I found that survivors would always find the hex early into the match and I'd either have to camp the hex (bad) or they'd cleanse it and I'd get no value from it (also bad). If I'm screwing around and doing long chases, then BoP gives me some amusing moments of confused survivors not knowing how to deal with a killer with no red stain.

    Exactly people seem to not get that when they poop on those perks. Like don't get me wrong they aren't good perks, they will do nothing for you on good games, but they're assuming you're always gonna have fantastic matches. Ohhh so if I'm understanding correctly during the event you are running bbq, BoP, starstruck, and lightborn....but if it was a normal day it'd probably switch out the starstruck with distressing?

    I'd so be for it. There's so many killers that are a struggle to max out brutality like bubba or Billy. Idk why something like sloppy butcher doesn't have brutality BP as an extra effect or say monsterous shrine or iron grasp have a bonus of sacrificing bps.

    Yeah maybe try it out sometime! Swap out distressing for distressing, you may get some good use out of it, aside from being a decent perk if they start body blocking u like crazy then it'll be absolute stonks for deviousness and make it harder for them to recover so quickly and hook bomb you!

    You make a good point about thrill, sometimes they can cleanse it early as heck and deny you those extra bps, you also make a good point about beast of prey...it's literally never seen in matches ever so it can really throw someone off lol

  • Hell's bells, why must everyone be a pain? Twice I've had matches where I signaled for a survivor to save someone off the hook (with 3+ left in the trial) and they let the person die. One of them went into a locker and got birds. They'll shine their flashlight at me while I hook the person but can't be bothered to make the save when I walk to the other side of the map. I had another match where someone killed themselves instantly before they could get saved. Why is not killing so damn difficult??

    I'm kind of surprised I'm seeing no BP offerings. Not even personal ones like Escape Cakes.


    @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    Truthfully tho this community goes out of their way to make every event as miserable as possible. I still remember all the events through the years. Killers or survivors would go absolutely out of their way to deny something if possible to deny. I don't remember BP events being this bad tho it's like everyone practicing for an upcoming tourney I'm unaware of lol

    Ignore me I'm kinda venting. Just want some BP to p3 my killers...I almost have them all p3 only like 7 to go..

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754115#Comment_2754115

    Exactly people seem to not get that when they poop on those perks. Like don't get me wrong they aren't good perks, they will do nothing for you on good games, but they're assuming you're always gonna have fantastic matches. Ohhh so if I'm understanding correctly during the event you are running bbq, BoP, starstruck, and lightborn....but if it was a normal day it'd probably switch out the starstruck with distressing?

    I'd so be for it. There's so many killers that are a struggle to max out brutality like bubba or Billy. Idk why something like sloppy butcher doesn't have brutality BP as an extra effect or say monsterous shrine or iron grasp have a bonus of sacrificing bps.

    Yeah maybe try it out sometime! Swap out distressing for distressing, you may get some good use out of it, aside from being a decent perk if they start body blocking u like crazy then it'll be absolute stonks for deviousness and make it harder for them to recover so quickly and hook bomb you!

    You make a good point about thrill, sometimes they can cleanse it early as heck and deny you those extra bps, you also make a good point about beast of prey...it's literally never seen in matches ever so it can really throw someone off lol

    The matchmaking in this game is too up and down for me to ever assume I'll have nothing but good matches. Besides that, sometimes I'll have a match where I just get a lot of framedrops or lag, and that cripples Nemesis's tentacle.

    Yeah, during the event right now I'm running BBQ, BoP, Lightborn, and Starstruck. Yesterday I got so many hook breakers that Starstruck was a necessity. I didn't see any today, strangely, though Starstruck still came in handy for some time-saving insta-downs. Yesterday was "no, no, don't hook anyone!" day and today is "let my teammates die!" day. I may have to try out Forced Penance again after the event is over. Hopefully once the Blood Rush ends survivors will return to a better balance of altruism and selfishness, rather than the absolute extremes I'm seeing right now.

    You'd think Monstrous Shrine would give a huge bump in every BP category given how useless it is. It's unfortunate that Iron Grasp dropped from 60% to 12% increased wiggle time without getting a little bonus like say BP. No one could ever say perk design makes sense in DbD. I'm curious why Brutality and Sacrifice don't have BP perks when the Hunter category has two.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    Hell's bells, why must everyone be a pain? Twice I've had matches where I signaled for a survivor to save someone off the hook (with 3+ left in the trial) and they let the person die. One of them went into a locker and got birds. They'll shine their flashlight at me while I hook the person but can't be bothered to make the save when I walk to the other side of the map. I had another match where someone killed themselves instantly before they could get saved. Why is not killing so damn difficult??

    I'm kind of surprised I'm seeing no BP offerings. Not even personal ones like Escape Cakes.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754228#Comment_2754228

    The matchmaking in this game is too up and down for me to ever assume I'll have nothing but good matches. Besides that, sometimes I'll have a match where I just get a lot of framedrops or lag, and that cripples Nemesis's tentacle.

    Yeah, during the event right now I'm running BBQ, BoP, Lightborn, and Starstruck. Yesterday I got so many hook breakers that Starstruck was a necessity. I didn't see any today, strangely, though Starstruck still came in handy for some time-saving insta-downs. Yesterday was "no, no, don't hook anyone!" day and today is "let my teammates die!" day. I may have to try out Forced Penance again after the event is over. Hopefully once the Blood Rush ends survivors will return to a better balance of altruism and selfishness, rather than the absolute extremes I'm seeing right now.

    You'd think Monstrous Shrine would give a huge bump in every BP category given how useless it is. It's unfortunate that Iron Grasp dropped from 60% to 12% increased wiggle time without getting a little bonus like say BP. No one could ever say perk design makes sense in DbD. I'm curious why Brutality and Sacrifice don't have BP perks when the Hunter category has two.

    Ohhh you must be on last gen if you're experiencing frame drops, I don't know how u do it I wouldn't play Nemmy at all if I was still on last gen truth be told. I mostly use his tentacle only do you do the same or are the frames too darn bad to do that?

    100% agreed and honestly I think the hunter should just have 1 being 100% rather than needing two 50%'s.

  • What is it that survivors do during these events that make it so killers can't earn BP? I remember when moris used to work after one hook and nothing brought more of those into the game than a bloodhunt. I've also been getting facecamped and tunneled more than usual in this event, but at least my other teammates are sometimes getting easy wins when the killer does that. Is it the "gen rush" where survivors play the game and aren't nice to their opponents?

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754284#Comment_2754284

    Ohhh you must be on last gen if you're experiencing frame drops, I don't know how u do it I wouldn't play Nemmy at all if I was still on last gen truth be told. I mostly use his tentacle only do you do the same or are the frames too darn bad to do that?

    100% agreed and honestly I think the hunter should just have 1 being 100% rather than needing two 50%'s.

    PS4. I got an external SSD, so it's usually pretty okay. Not amazing, the framerate is crap even at DbD's best, but the SSD made it playable after the Resident Evil chapter tanked it.

    I go back and forth between using his tentacle and punching. I probably mostly use it at pallets (low MMR is good, the majority of survivors I get don't know how to play pallets against Nemesis). I noticed in matches today that the faster gens went, the more I used his fist over his tentacle, whereas chill matches were tentacle-heavy.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    What is it that survivors do during these events that make it so killers can't earn BP? I remember when moris used to work after one hook and nothing brought more of those into the game than a bloodhunt. I've also been getting facecamped and tunneled more than usual in this event, but at least my other teammates are sometimes getting easy wins when the killer does that. Is it the "gen rush" where survivors play the game and aren't nice to their opponents?

    Yeah it's bringing stacked toolboxes w/ prove thyself and finishing all gens and the gate within 5 minutes.

    Just like with being facecamped, it's not at all fun and happening far more often rn.

1 2 3 ›