Can't play survivor.
The disconnects are ruining this game. 3/5 games i tried to play yesterday were ruined by someone disconnecting and thus losing me mmr and giving me worse team mates the next round (because escaping means skill right?)
Today, 2/2 games someone rage quit because they didn't get instantly saved or they got found first. It isn't fair to the remaining survivors and the trash mmr system punishes us for the rage quit. This game seriously needs the tutorial bots to replace quitters, at least they will do generators.
Comments
Sounds like you are new. Welcome to DBD. Anger and frustration is what this game is about.
Not new, but i have never had people dc this often. Especially for no reason like being face camped by a bubba in the basement.
Some people accept their lost and go next. For survivor having a low mmr is kinda fun because you dont always face the same 3 killer so you have more diversity.
I mean I hate disconnects too but do you really blame them when getting face camped by a bubba? Disconnecting because you were the first one down is pathetic however
I agree with this. I hate when teammate DC early and we all not only lose the game but also MMR
And if you play solo, you want to keep your MMR unironically as high as you can.
DC should lock MMR of all survivors in place and act as the match never happened, no matter the outcome.
Nah, people disconnect for the most ridiculous reasons. Not just because they get camped.
Right now we have a disconnect penalty. Imagine how bad it would be if they turned it off. Every match would contain someone disconnecting.
That’s true when the game had the infinite loading screens, they turned of the penalty and so many people dced which made the game unplayable because either the game wouldn’t load or the match would be ruined. This was when boon totems came out if my memory is correct. It’s just In that scenario with bubba I can understand the disconnect.
If you get camped by bubba, the best you can do for your team is to stay alive as long as possible. Give your teammates a chance to complete the gens and escape.
Getting only 1 kill (or maybe 2) will wear down on the killers morale. But disconnecting gives him more chances to catch someone else for a 4k. Which would give this killer a reason to continue playing like this.
While I do agree with you, I doubt 1k would bring down a bubbas morale lmao. I remember 2 camping bubba matches specifically where I had to leave a Kate behind (that hurt me) because she was being facecamped at 3 gens. We could tell because she had kindred. Thank god because we would have been screws without it since it was solo que. Me and 2 other randoms made it out and the bubba finished with 7k points. The worst game was a camping bubba with noed and blood warden. That was an awful experience. Bubbas play styles aren’t going away. They use it because they think it’s the only way to play, they had a rough couple of games and want to take it out on their new opponents or and this one is the worst, they do it for salt
Try playing killer. I've been doing that lately. I've had too many campers lately so I decided to try and switch more often so I could actually get to play a full match lol
This sounds like a solo queue problem. Get some friends, and this problem goes away. There are all sorts of Discords that recruit and encourage group play.
Unfortunately things have been made so survivor sided with COH in particular, that killers are resorting to playing in ever more unfun and toxic ways to compensate. So ironically giving survivors easier games has actually made the game less fun as killers have adjusted to compensate.
While I still avoid tunnelling off hook or camping if I can avoid it, I now will do so should I need to as the game has forced me into this play style more than I ever wanted to.
I am still a survivor main primarily but I am also finding my matches are often a lot less fun than they were, as I see a lot more killers playing really scummy.
Getting constantly only 1k with little bloodpoints gets boring fast.
When camping as bubba is as enjoyable as being camped by one, the number of bubbas will drop.
Yeah I've been noticing an increase in DCs recently too, across both sides. The penalty is clearly not working well enough as a deterrent anymore.
Wtaf is happening I've agreed with you multiple times 🧍
And I, as a killer that categorically avoids camping,tunneling and also killing survivor, find it funny how only one side is still being branded negatively for anything unfun.
Survivor can play to their utmost efficiency, making the game stressful, unrewarding and unfun for the killer and it's called normal gameplay. Meanwhile killer adapt to the utmost efficient strategy making it unfun for survivors and it gets branded toxic and scummy at every opportunity and in any form.
I have been getting so many rage quits at first down that I started feeling bad for the remaining survivors. Me, feel bad for a survivor? Like, dang, son. That is how you know things are getting wild.
Welcome to dead by daylight
more seriously… they announce these changes in the latest patch note.
don’t worry …. No … worry about it coz it’s dbd
Yeah.. i meant to say unlike not like.
Im a "killer main" but i am sick of it and just want to play only survivor for a bit.
I think a large part of why people dc so readily these days is people are so tired of seeing the same ######### day in and day out. 2021 was in my opinion one of dbds most boring years to date, for me at least. No killers that released held any sort of interest from me, no perks seemed all that interesting, QoL changes were meh for me, balance changes were mostly things that made my experience less enjoyable. I really have very little positive things to say about anything bhvr did in 2021 and I'm sure the pandemic played a role in this I get that but it doesn't change how I feel about it. Before you ask me "if you don't like it why play it?" I don't, haven't in almost 3 months.
Contrary to popular belief i do play both sides. the problem is i get/got depip squads more than the average person so the real game balance is shoved in my face more often making me bitter and cynical when people bring up nerfing killers or defending op perks or maps. The dev's snail pace update schedule and general disconnect with how their game works doesn't help either.
Medkits were already bordering the realm of op and then they go and add COH?
Nerfing low tier killers and addons without an explanation other than they are noob stompers
etc etc etc blah blah..
I kill myself always if i have a good chase just to see no one is doing a gen i,m out solo Q is trash the most survs just wants unhooks
They game is not ruined by disconnecting. When someone DCs, they have a reason for this, it means the game has already been ruined at that moment. People DC BECAUSE the game is ruined, not the other way around. Disconnects are merely symptoms of a ruined game.
So being downed first = game ruined for you. Are you aware of what this game is and how it works?