Losing Leatherfaces masks suck but as a horror fan we got something great IMO

Pinhead's voice lines are back and there are more of them.


The best part They're being done by Doug Bradley. Pinhead himself.


Yes losing the masks still sucks but this is something I really never expected

Comments

  • Maybe they are even planning something as a ‚replacement‘ for the masks but can’t announce anything just now…? They were in contact with the license holder as they were not able to remove the masks without their approval.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303729/losing-leatherfaces-masks-suck-but-as-a-horror-fan-we-got-something-better-imo

    I don't agree "we got something better", as a fan of TCM as well (Leatherface)... this is not better.

    I'm glad you like Pinhead's voice lines, there's more to it than that. This problem that complicates the fanbase, why would you say it's better, I can understand that you like Hellraiser more than Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

    It's not better, it would have been better if both licenses were not affected in any way. Each fanbase deserves everything from their chapter, removing something is never good and making a comparison like this is stupid imo.

    you're right maybe I shouldn't have used the words better. I'm a fan of TCM too. I don't like that we're losing the Leatherface masks either. Like I said it still sucks. Voicing my opinion on the whole mask situation won't change anything so I'm trying to find the silver lining in a cloud I think is stupid.

  • @Mooks said:

    Maybe they are even planning something as a ‚replacement‘ for the masks but can’t announce anything just now…? They were in contact with the license holder as they were not able to remove the masks without their approval.

    honestly wishful thinking but who knows, it could be

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303729/losing-leatherfaces-masks-suck-but-as-a-horror-fan-we-got-something-better-imo

    I don't agree "we got something better", as a fan of TCM as well (Leatherface)... this is not better.

    I'm glad you like Pinhead's voice lines, there's more to it than that. This problem that complicates the fanbase, why would you say it's better, I can understand that you like Hellraiser more than Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

    It's not better, it would have been better if both licenses were not affected in any way. Each fanbase deserves everything from their chapter, removing something is never good and making a comparison like this is stupid imo.

    You and me both fellow TCM fan. I was always hoping for more survivor masks myself. I'm sad to see them go since it was an awesome reference to the movies, but I understand why.

  • Yeah I'm pretty thrilled about the voice lines. I might play my Pinhead more due to it.

  • @Mooks said:

    Maybe they are even planning something as a ‚replacement‘ for the masks but can’t announce anything just now…? They were in contact with the license holder as they were not able to remove the masks without their approval.

    I had hoped maybe they would start working on at least one free mask to give ppl who had leather face as a kind of replacement but I think maybe that’s hoping too much really.

  • @Ryan489x said:

    Pinhead's voice lines are back and there are more of them.

    The best part They're being done by Doug Bradley. Pinhead himself.

    Yes losing the masks still sucks but this is something I really never expected

    Stoked to be getting his voice lines. It adds a lot of flavor to his kit.

  • @Mooks said:

    Maybe they are even planning something as a ‚replacement‘ for the masks but can’t announce anything just now…? They were in contact with the license holder as they were not able to remove the masks without their approval.

    rainbow mask

  • @Ryan489x said:

    Pinhead's voice lines are back and there are more of them.

    The best part They're being done by Doug Bradley. Pinhead himself.

    Yes losing the masks still sucks but this is something I really never expected

    Yeah the voices are cool but people really need to push back against dumb decisions. I love the Texas Chainsaw License and removing content is horrible to me and won't stop until they are returned.

  • I would not compare those things or consider this a trade.

    I dislike losing the masks as I enjoyed the idea that Bubba makes masks out of the survivors and I think he should get a new mask as compensation: One (or two depending on numbers) that contains pieces of every survivor as a reward for killing each one with a mori once.

    I however also am greatly pleased that those voicelines are back and that it was Doug Bradley himself. This is a huge thing and I am hyped af to play as Pinhead as soon as this PTB goes to the live server. Good job from the devs here!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303729/losing-leatherfaces-masks-suck-but-as-a-horror-fan-we-got-something-better-imo

    I don't agree "we got something better", as a fan of TCM as well (Leatherface)... this is not better.

    I'm glad you like Pinhead's voice lines, there's more to it than that. This problem that complicates the fanbase, why would you say it's better, I can understand that you like Hellraiser more than Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

    It's not better, it would have been better if both licenses were not affected in any way. Each fanbase deserves everything from their chapter, removing something is never good and making a comparison like this is stupid imo.

    Indeed. Give the Pinhead lines to Leatherface and then MAYBE we could talk.

  • They've done a great job with getting the voice lines. Credit to you Behaviour.

  • As much as I strongly disagree with the masks (and anything else) being removed, admittedly I rarely used them. I nearly always equip his prestige.

    Regards to Pinhead's voice: big Hellraiser fan here but found the whole meme highly cringeworthy.

  • Glad the masks were removed AND as a TCM fan.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303729/losing-leatherfaces-masks-suck-but-as-a-horror-fan-we-got-something-great-imo

    Yeah the voices are cool but people really need to push back against dumb decisions. I love the Texas Chainsaw License and removing content is horrible to me and won't stop until they are returned.

    Oh I agree. removing the masks is stupid since it's the players causing the problems not the cosmetics. Like I said before arguing that point isn't going to get us anywhere. and I was looking for a silver lining in a cloud of stupid.

  • For every dream that's broken, another one comes true.

    *rides away with Private Malone*

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303729/losing-leatherfaces-masks-suck-but-as-a-horror-fan-we-got-something-better-imo

    I don't agree "we got something better", as a fan of TCM as well (Leatherface)... this is not better.

    I'm glad you like Pinhead's voice lines, there's more to it than that. This problem that complicates the fanbase, why would you say it's better, I can understand that you like Hellraiser more than Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

    It's not better, it would have been better if both licenses were not affected in any way. Each fanbase deserves everything from their chapter, removing something is never good and making a comparison like this is stupid imo.

    Leatherface still has cosmetics and a couple of reskinned faces that were free going away isn't hurting the fanbase

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2736390#Comment_2736390

    Leatherface still has cosmetics and a couple of reskinned faces that were free going away isn't hurting the fanbase

    So instead of earning stuff we should just buy stuff instead?

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737739#Comment_2737739

    So instead of earning stuff we should just buy stuff instead?

    Not saying that, but no other killer has earnable stuff so it isn't much different. Everyone understands losing the masks was sad, but if a group of people are gonna use it in an awful way, may as well remove it so it can't possibly be used in that way.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2736390#Comment_2736390

    Leatherface still has cosmetics and a couple of reskinned faces that were free going away isn't hurting the fanbase

    "a couple"

    Four, to be exact. Leatherface has seven masks right now, including his prestige (but not including his default). He's about to lose four masks, leaving him with three non-default heads: his prestige and two female masks with hair and makeup. That sucks in terms of choices.

    So, we're losing over half of his non-default mask choices with nothing new to replace them.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737739#Comment_2737739

    "a couple"

    Four, to be exact. Leatherface has seven masks right now, including his prestige (but not including his default). He's about to lose four masks, leaving him with three non-default heads: his prestige and two female masks with hair and makeup. That sucks in terms of choices.

    and some killer's like freddy have no cosmetics besides prestige, or michael that only has a different body and some different weapons.

    We get it is sad but atleast we get something back, they could've just removed it and given nothing back since you earn them for free after all.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737744#Comment_2737744

    Not saying that, but no other killer has earnable stuff so it isn't much different. Everyone understands losing the masks was sad, but if a group of people are gonna use it in an awful way, may as well remove it so it can't possibly be used in that way.

    Except it's going to change nothing at all they'll just change their usernames, spout more in egc, and still be that way no matter what happens also the compensation for it is a joke as well since those shards will reward you with nothing to replace this.

    But hey I guess shelling out more money for a paid game is justified.

    And also while I guess it's OK that we got voice lines for pinhead again (even though idc) , does it really matter cause like most killers (especially licensed killers )nowadays his base kit sucks.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737749#Comment_2737749

    and some killer's like freddy have no cosmetics besides prestige, or michael that only has a different body and some different weapons.

    We get it is sad but atleast we get something back, they could've just removed it and given nothing back since you earn them for free after all.

    We get shards, which can't be used to buy anything for Leatherface.

    And other killers having worse options doesn't make it better. That means other characters in the game are worse off and need more love.

    Leatherface had the unique feature of unlockable cosmetics. It's something we should've seen more of. Instead, now no one in the game has unlockable cosmetics like that. That sucks, an entire feature gone.

    It's not "sad," it's a bad way of handling this. Taking away in-game content without replacing it with new content is bad. It was also bad to lose Hawkins Lab without getting a new map.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737748#Comment_2737748

    Except it's going to change nothing at all they'll just change their usernames, spout more in egc, and still be that way no matter what happens also the compensation for it is a joke as well since those shards will reward you with nothing to replace this.

    But hey I guess shelling out more money for a paid game is justified.

    And also while I guess it's OK that we got voice lines for pinhead again (even though idc) , does it really matter cause like most killers (especially licensed killers )nowadays his base kit sucks.

    His base kit most definitely doesn't suck, I've been maining pinhead since his release and I've written a large guide and have seen other guides like Pixel Bush use the same info, he just takes more skill and effort than other killers, something that the forums hates.

    So what if they change their usernames and spout more in EG? They have 1 less tool to use for their hate, it is a positive while ######### change. If you can't grasp that then you can just keep shouting into the void because you can't wear a reskin color.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737759#Comment_2737759

    His base kit most definitely doesn't suck, I've been maining pinhead since his release and I've written a large guide and have seen other guides like Pixel Bush use the same info, he just takes more skill and effort than other killers, something that the forums hates.

    So what if they change their usernames and spout more in EG? They have 1 less tool to use for their hate, it is a positive while ######### change. If you can't grasp that then you can just keep shouting into the void because you can't wear a reskin color.

    Guess someone used the mask on you then. First off, I don't know 100% for pinhead cause he's the only dlc I do not have and with the way the game is now I can't justify buying any more since most dlc now is not worth the prices.

    Secondly, and this I need to make sure you understand I don't even have the masks so I don't care but spouting delusional nonsense about this being some sort of positive act might as well been a slap in the face cause here's a question for you "how many people even knew this was a thing?" And instead of fixing the report system, going after people and banning them for EGC and actually implementing a system to curve this kind of behavior, they decided hey this one thing that most people probably never knew about yeah let's have that be the first step.

    It's not that I am against the idea but it's damn near pointless since it will change nothing at all.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737768#Comment_2737768

    Guess someone used the mask on you then. First off, I don't know 100% for pinhead cause he's the only dlc I do not have and with the way the game is now I can't justify buying any more since most dlc now is not worth the prices.

    Secondly, and this I need to make sure you understand I don't even have the masks so I don't care but spouting delusional nonsense about this being some sort of positive act might as well been a slap in the face cause here's a question for you "how many people even knew this was a thing?" And instead of fixing the report system, going after people and banning them for EGC and actually implementing a system to curve this kind of behavior, they decided hey this one thing that most people probably never knew about yeah let's have that be the first step.

    It's not that I am against the idea but it's damn near pointless since it will change nothing at all.

    Yeah I've never heard of or seen issues with the leather face masks. and yeah it is a blanket solution. I don't have the masks anyway but I know a slash and burn solution when I see one. Again arguing about it isn't going to change anything. and it wasn't the goal of the topic. It's the classic instead of punishing the few they punish everyone. it happens all the time and it's sad.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737768#Comment_2737768

    Guess someone used the mask on you then. First off, I don't know 100% for pinhead cause he's the only dlc I do not have and with the way the game is now I can't justify buying any more since most dlc now is not worth the prices.

    Secondly, and this I need to make sure you understand I don't even have the masks so I don't care but spouting delusional nonsense about this being some sort of positive act might as well been a slap in the face cause here's a question for you "how many people even knew this was a thing?" And instead of fixing the report system, going after people and banning them for EGC and actually implementing a system to curve this kind of behavior, they decided hey this one thing that most people probably never knew about yeah let's have that be the first step.

    It's not that I am against the idea but it's damn near pointless since it will change nothing at all.

    Except for the fact they have banned people for it, and it was big enough of a deal where there were gaming news articles about it, and loads of forum posts about it a while back. If it is just gonna be a problem, then remove it, simple solution.

    If you didn't have them, don't spread hate on it when it literally doesn't affect you lmao and if you don't own or have ever played pinhead, why did you say his basekit was awful lmfaoo this forum never fails to be hilarious

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737753#Comment_2737753

    We get shards, which can't be used to buy anything for Leatherface.

    And other killers having worse options doesn't make it better. That means other characters in the game are worse off and need more love.

    Leatherface had the unique feature of unlockable cosmetics. It's something we should've seen more of. Instead, now no one in the game has unlockable cosmetics like that. That sucks, an entire feature gone.

    It's not "sad," it's a bad way of handling this. Taking away in-game content without replacing it with new content is bad. It was also bad to lose Hawkins Lab without getting a new map.

    It always astounds me when content hungry playerbases endorse the outright removal of content, utterly baffling.

  • @Ryan489x said:

    Pinhead's voice lines are back and there are more of them.

    The best part They're being done by Doug Bradley. Pinhead himself.

    Yes losing the masks still sucks but this is something I really never expected

    I agree. Catastrophe averted.. imo.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737781#Comment_2737781

    Except for the fact they have banned people for it, and it was big enough of a deal where there were gaming news articles about it, and loads of forum posts about it a while back. If it is just gonna be a problem, then remove it, simple solution.

    If you didn't have them, don't spread hate on it when it literally doesn't affect you lmao and if you don't own or have ever played pinhead, why did you say his basekit was awful lmfaoo this forum never fails to be hilarious

    Cause much like every other dlc they all get nerfed and to be honest between the few matches I had and seeing gameplay that's why I said the base kit sucks especially since it looked like many other killers now slow with no real map pressure unlessed backed up by perks along with the fact while BHVR trie to lie about giving things time before nerfing them they certainly didn't for the past two killers.

    Also for the mask you do know that we also had it for lightborne as well right? And if it was such a big deal why didn't it continue to get coverage much like how hacking , ddosing and such along with the way people are in chat now?

    And if it's a problem that needs to be removed why is a single mask being outed for being racism yet other thing such as flashlight spamming that can ######### up people's health not being addressed.

    I know that the removal is a step in the right direction but much like anything else BHVR has done recently its just band-aid fixes with no real impact to anything.

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737781#Comment_2737781

    Yeah I've never heard of or seen issues with the leather face masks. and yeah it is a blanket solution. I don't have the masks anyway but I know a slash and burn solution when I see one. Again arguing about it isn't going to change anything. and it wasn't the goal of the topic. It's the classic instead of punishing the few they punish everyone. it happens all the time and it's sad.

    To me it's more the every is screwed because of a few people but in this case it's more "let's fix this by going after a small thing instead of the larger thing" and tbh the compensation of shards is a joke why give people something that basically a "here you go buy something for someone else " since leatherface has no cosmetics that benefit from this due to be licensed.

    Guess I'll just either have to buy a different characters cosmetic which right now most suck or try my luck on the shrine box to see if the week is good or not.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2737744#Comment_2737744

    Not saying that, but no other killer has earnable stuff so it isn't much different. Everyone understands losing the masks was sad, but if a group of people are gonna use it in an awful way, may as well remove it so it can't possibly be used in that way.

    People use knives to kill people, should we take them away? People use cars to hurt people, should we take them away? No. The people who do stupid things with them get removed from society.

    Except in this game i guess