My Top 4 signs that I am facing a "Baby" Killer.

Of course these could be also down to different factors these are just my top 4 determining factors

  1. Finding a gen bein worked on and kicking it before trying to get a hit on survivors. (unless POP I guess)
  2. They Double back way to much
  3. They fall for a window fake
  4. They don't try to get hits that are almost guaranteed


I think if we notice the killer is sorta new or having a hard time not to make there time more miserable.

Of course its not ur job to make it more fun for the other side.

Comments

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Of course these could be also down to different factors these are just my top 3 determining factors

    1. Finding a gen bein worked on and kicking it before trying to get a hit on survivors. (unless POP I guess)
    2. They Double back way to much
    3. They fall for a window fake
    4. They don't try to get hits that are almost guaranteed

    I think if we notice the killer is sorta new or having a hard time not to make there time more miserable.

    Of course its not ur job to make it more fun for the other side.

    Eh.

    1. Yes, it's a very difficult priority to learn. The tutorial makes it seems essential.
    2. I find myself doing this sometimes. Gotta go Crazy Ivan to catch people.
    3. To be fair, even very experienced players fall for this sometimes.
    4. Yeah.

    I'd also add

    • Misses a lot of attacks.
    • Overcommits to unwinnable chases.
    • Camps (it sounds weird, but it's such an obviously effective tactic, and new players might not know that it goes counter to the etiquette of the game).
    • Gets 360'd a lot.
    • Always vaults or breaks the pallet.
    • Spends a lot of time waiting for 1 gen to regress.
  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302539/my-top-4-signs-that-i-am-facing-a-baby-killer

    Eh.

    1. Yes, it's a very difficult priority to learn. The tutorial makes it seems essential.
    2. I find myself doing this sometimes. Gotta go Crazy Ivan to catch people.
    3. To be fair, even very experienced players fall for this sometimes.
    4. Yeah.

    I'd also add

    • Misses a lot of attacks.
    • Overcommits to unwinnable chases.
    • Camps (it sounds weird, but it's such an obviously effective tactic, and new players might not know that it goes counter to the etiquette of the game).
    • Gets 360'd a lot.
    • Always vaults or breaks the pallet.
    • Spends a lot of time waiting for 1 gen to regress.

    "camping" gens usually doesn't pay off like some "baby" killers think

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302539/my-top-4-signs-that-i-am-facing-a-baby-killer

    Eh.

    1. Yes, it's a very difficult priority to learn. The tutorial makes it seems essential.
    2. I find myself doing this sometimes. Gotta go Crazy Ivan to catch people.
    3. To be fair, even very experienced players fall for this sometimes.
    4. Yeah.

    I'd also add

    • Misses a lot of attacks.
    • Overcommits to unwinnable chases.
    • Camps (it sounds weird, but it's such an obviously effective tactic, and new players might not know that it goes counter to the etiquette of the game).
    • Gets 360'd a lot.
    • Always vaults or breaks the pallet.
    • Spends a lot of time waiting for 1 gen to regress.

    "The etiquette of the game" is like the softest euphemism for the Survivor Rulebook for Killers I've heard yet.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723996#Comment_2723996

    "The etiquette of the game" is like the softest euphemism for the Survivor Rulebook for Killers I've heard yet.

    The ettiquet of the game also consists of the Killer's Rulebook for Survivors, both of which together also known as "having empathy".

    (this came off as more hostile than I meant it to ๐Ÿƒ)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2724036#Comment_2724036

    The ettiquet of the game also consists of the Killer's Rulebook for Survivors, both of which together also known as "having empathy".

    (this came off as more hostile than I meant it to ๐Ÿƒ)

    I'm just tryna win :(

  • This content has been removed.
  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Of course these could be also down to different factors these are just my top 3 determining factors

    1. Finding a gen bein worked on and kicking it before trying to get a hit on survivors. (unless POP I guess)
    2. They Double back way to much
    3. They fall for a window fake
    4. They don't try to get hits that are almost guaranteed

    I think if we notice the killer is sorta new or having a hard time not to make there time more miserable.

    Of course its not ur job to make it more fun for the other side.

    I definitely rate the window fakes on determining if the killer is new or doesn't have that much experience. Good killers almost never fall for it.

  • @KingSlay3R2928 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723996#Comment_2723996

    What etiquette? There's no right or wrong way to play as a killer. You sound exactly someone I played against less than a week ago who whined about etiquette when I tunneled one or two of the survivors.

    There is no rules on how a killer should play, survivors can't make up their own rules for how a killer should play.

    There are no rules, but etiquette is just something large groups of others expect other people to follow as a silent social contract, and your experience shows such people do exist in the game. Survivors are the majority of the playerbase and a very very sizable amount of them think tunneling or camping is evil. Some even have thousands of twitch viewers to pass this off on, who in turn regurgitate until you are "expected" to play by the rule book they made up. Which is an issue this game has had since pretty much launch.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2724061#Comment_2724061

    There are no rules, but etiquette is just something large groups of others expect other people to follow as a silent social contract, and your experience shows such people do exist in the game. Survivors are the majority of the playerbase and a very very sizable amount of them think tunneling or camping is evil. Some even have thousands of twitch viewers to pass this off on, who in turn regurgitate until you are "expected" to play by the rule book they made up. Which is an issue this game has had since pretty much launch.

    "Which is an issue this game has had since pretty much launch."

    Oh you mean when the game was small and just starting out so a lot of players would face each other over and over again, so collectively agreed to play in a way they'd all enjoy because the size of the community was so small that to antagonise one meant all of their friends (ie half the playerbase) would also be out to get you? This went for both sides at the time, too.

  • This content has been removed.
  • No, it doesn't. I'll ask you nicely to point to where I said it does- I even highlighted the bit I was specifically responding to which was just inaccurate.

  • Frosty eyes are the only metric I need

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Frosty eyes are the only metric I need

    Me playing default Nurse with her Halloween head to trick the survivors into vastly underestimating me

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2724086#Comment_2724086

    Me playing default Nurse with her Halloween head to trick the survivors into vastly underestimating me

    Me cleansing all 5 totems in anticipation but realising all my teammates are already slugged

  • Baby killers always tend to wear base game default outfits.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Of course these could be also down to different factors these are just my top 3 determining factors

    1. Finding a gen bein worked on and kicking it before trying to get a hit on survivors. (unless POP I guess)
    2. They Double back way to much
    3. They fall for a window fake
    4. They don't try to get hits that are almost guaranteed

    I think if we notice the killer is sorta new or having a hard time not to make there time more miserable.

    Of course its not ur job to make it more fun for the other side.

    2-3 hooks before egc = noed killer 100% of times

  • For me?


    1.) Whiffing. Not even getting spun or getting ambitious at a window, just whiffing M1s that are right out in the open.

    2.) Running things badly - not making any attempt to mindgame, not breaking god pallets, stopping to break useless pallets.

    3.) Overcommitting.

    4.) Frosty eyes.


    All of these set my "do bones" sense to tingling.

  • @Sepex said:

    Baby killers always tend to wear base game default outfits.

    I do cause I don't want to spend money or shards on whatever

    But then again i don't cause I do have other cosmetics on characters that i do play

  • @Sepex said:

    Baby killers always tend to wear base game default outfits.

    They are either baby killers or people that would just like to play the game instead of a overpriced Barbie simulator

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302539/my-top-4-signs-that-i-am-facing-a-baby-killer

    Eh.

    1. Yes, it's a very difficult priority to learn. The tutorial makes it seems essential.
    2. I find myself doing this sometimes. Gotta go Crazy Ivan to catch people.
    3. To be fair, even very experienced players fall for this sometimes.
    4. Yeah.

    I'd also add

    • Misses a lot of attacks.
    • Overcommits to unwinnable chases.
    • Camps (it sounds weird, but it's such an obviously effective tactic, and new players might not know that it goes counter to the etiquette of the game).
    • Gets 360'd a lot.
    • Always vaults or breaks the pallet.
    • Spends a lot of time waiting for 1 gen to regress.

    Another problem with the tutorial, it has survivors unhook and then heal under the hook. That's the dumbest thing ever, I always check.

  • @Sepex said:

    Baby killers always tend to wear base game default outfits.

    I've got almost 400 hours, and I still prefer them a lot of the time.

    • Cosmetics often increase my visibility (Hag in particular).
    • Many of them are just...ugly.
    • People tend to underestimate me initially, whereas if I play something fancy they sweat from word one.
  • I am not a baby and I love double backing. I am just testing you to see if you are the baby, yeah... let's go with that.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I am not a baby and I love double backing. I am just testing you to see if you are the baby, yeah... let's go with that.

    No double backing is a good thing, I'm talking like an excessive amount

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723996#Comment_2723996

    Another problem with the tutorial, it has survivors unhook and then heal under the hook. That's the dumbest thing ever, I always check.

    Huh, this is what most people do. Heal under hook.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302539/my-top-4-signs-that-i-am-facing-a-baby-killer

    Eh.

    1. Yes, it's a very difficult priority to learn. The tutorial makes it seems essential.
    2. I find myself doing this sometimes. Gotta go Crazy Ivan to catch people.
    3. To be fair, even very experienced players fall for this sometimes.
    4. Yeah.

    I'd also add

    • Misses a lot of attacks.
    • Overcommits to unwinnable chases.
    • Camps (it sounds weird, but it's such an obviously effective tactic, and new players might not know that it goes counter to the etiquette of the game).
    • Gets 360'd a lot.
    • Always vaults or breaks the pallet.
    • Spends a lot of time waiting for 1 gen to regress.

    There was a baby Hag chasing me through Haddonfield House of Pain.

  • @Sepex said:

    Baby killers always tend to wear base game default outfits.

    That's quite a dumb thing to say tbh. Some people just don't buy cosmetics/ prestige their killers

  • @notlonely said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2724209#Comment_2724209

    That's quite a dumb thing to say tbh. Some people just don't buy cosmetics/ prestige their killers

    Exactly. I don't buy cosmetics for my Killers because I can't see them in game, even if some of them really appeals me.

  • @notlonely said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2724209#Comment_2724209

    That's quite a dumb thing to say tbh. Some people just don't buy cosmetics/ prestige their killers

    i think its more true for "baby" survivors then killers.

  • Respects the same pallet multiple times in a row

    First chase goes for 3 gens

    Facecamps first survivor

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302539/my-top-4-signs-that-i-am-facing-a-baby-killer

    Eh.

    1. Yes, it's a very difficult priority to learn. The tutorial makes it seems essential.
    2. I find myself doing this sometimes. Gotta go Crazy Ivan to catch people.
    3. To be fair, even very experienced players fall for this sometimes.
    4. Yeah.

    I'd also add

    • Misses a lot of attacks.
    • Overcommits to unwinnable chases.
    • Camps (it sounds weird, but it's such an obviously effective tactic, and new players might not know that it goes counter to the etiquette of the game).
    • Gets 360'd a lot.
    • Always vaults or breaks the pallet.
    • Spends a lot of time waiting for 1 gen to regress.

    My favorite version of 2 is doing the tbag moonwalk at short loops as ghostface. Where you use the tbag to show your redstain looking one way to the survivor, and then flip 180 degrees and moon walk into them while crouching for the hit. From the survivor perspective it looks like you are having a michael jackson themed seizure.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723996#Comment_2723996

    My favorite version of 2 is doing the tbag moonwalk at short loops as ghostface. Where you use the tbag to show your redstain looking one way to the survivor, and then flip 180 degrees and moon walk into them while crouching for the hit. From the survivor perspective it looks like you are having a michael jackson themed seizure.

    Gonna have to try this

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2724036#Comment_2724036

    The ettiquet of the game also consists of the Killer's Rulebook for Survivors, both of which together also known as "having empathy".

    (this came off as more hostile than I meant it to ๐Ÿƒ)

    As a Killer, I don't have a rulebook. I just have one loosely scotch taped note on the wall that says "Don't be a dick, please."

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302539/my-top-4-signs-that-i-am-facing-a-baby-killer

    Eh.

    1. Yes, it's a very difficult priority to learn. The tutorial makes it seems essential.
    2. I find myself doing this sometimes. Gotta go Crazy Ivan to catch people.
    3. To be fair, even very experienced players fall for this sometimes.
    4. Yeah.

    I'd also add

    • Misses a lot of attacks.
    • Overcommits to unwinnable chases.
    • Camps (it sounds weird, but it's such an obviously effective tactic, and new players might not know that it goes counter to the etiquette of the game).
    • Gets 360'd a lot.
    • Always vaults or breaks the pallet.
    • Spends a lot of time waiting for 1 gen to regress.

    Im not a baby killer but I do tend to overcommit a chase especially if they were being toxic. I dont care I will find a way to down them lol

  • @shinobu149 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723996#Comment_2723996

    Im not a baby killer but I do tend to overcommit a chase especially if they were being toxic. I dont care I will find a way to down them lol

    Oh I totally agree ,some games I just need a survivor dead even if I'm nailing my own foot Inti the ground

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302539/my-top-4-signs-that-i-am-facing-a-baby-killer

    Eh.

    1. Yes, it's a very difficult priority to learn. The tutorial makes it seems essential.
    2. I find myself doing this sometimes. Gotta go Crazy Ivan to catch people.
    3. To be fair, even very experienced players fall for this sometimes.
    4. Yeah.

    I'd also add

    • Misses a lot of attacks.
    • Overcommits to unwinnable chases.
    • Camps (it sounds weird, but it's such an obviously effective tactic, and new players might not know that it goes counter to the etiquette of the game).
    • Gets 360'd a lot.
    • Always vaults or breaks the pallet.
    • Spends a lot of time waiting for 1 gen to regress.

    I'm going to also amend the bottom one a little and say they guard a bad gen for too long.

    I.e Trying to protect the Dead Dawg Saloon gen, even though most players just let it go.


  • @KingSlay3R2928 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723996#Comment_2723996

    What etiquette? There's no right or wrong way to play as a killer. You sound exactly someone I played against less than a week ago who whined about etiquette when I tunneled one or two of the survivors.

    There is no rules on how a killer should play, survivors can't make up their own rules for how a killer should play.

    You missed the point where etiquette was for everyone- not just one side- and based on empathy.

    Every human (except for those with a brain damage that disables the ability to feel empathy) would be able to tell the behaviours that count as not acting on etiquette. This fact make it a unviseral thing instead of subjective made up kind of thing.