Dead Hard is totally fine and doesn't need to be reviewed

As you can see from the video below, footages are only from one survivor. ONE SURVIVOR. It was enough to question me why I do still play this game...

Dear BHVR, do you know what is to face 4 survivors all of them with DH nowadays?

Honestly, I would trade any killer perk to get rid of Dead Hard. You can take away too Corrupt, Pop, Ruin, Noed, anything.

Am I being too dramatic? I don't know, I'm just tired of facing this perk every single match.

https://youtu.be/2V9tscCEMqA

PS: I know people are gonna argument about my ping, I do play with less than 30 ms latency, the survivor had +68 ms

Comments

  • The part where DH has moved from predictive to reactive was a massive buff even without the fact it's now accidentally eating powers. Iframes and distance turn out to be a super strong combo.

  • This isn’t about whether DH is the “best” exhaustion perk or not anymore. It’s about it not being fun to go against. It never was.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    The part where DH has moved from predictive to reactive was a massive buff even without the fact it's now accidentally eating powers. Iframes and distance turn out to be a super strong combo.

    The worst is that I not only missed a hit, but I missed my power too, so I had to wait 15 seconds to try to use it again (and having the luck that the survivor does not have Iron Will).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    So you're complaining about the perk when 2/3 times in that video, if you would've just waited to swing, it wouldn't have been a problem? Neat!

    And how do you asecure the survivor won't wait my swing????

  • @agonizing said:

    This isn’t about whether DH is the “best” exhaustion perk or not anymore. It’s about it not being fun to go against. It never was.

    I'm not advocating anything about DH but "not being fun to go against" always seems like the biggest cop out of an excuse and I hate when its used to justify nerfs/changes. Where is the line then? X killer is not fun to go against. Ruin is not fun to go against. Slugging is not fun to go against. Camping/tunneling is not fun to go against. Being hooked is not fun to go against. Dying is not fun to go against.

    Not everything in an asymmetric game needs to be fun for both sides. I dont think its possible either.

    I dont love the new changes to DH either but at the end of the day they can only use it once per chase, like every other exhaustion perk. At least this one gives them the least amount of distance from it. The only thing it really punishes is trapper.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710944#Comment_2710944

    I'm not advocating anything about DH but "not being fun to go against" always seems like the biggest cop out of an excuse and I hate when its used to justify nerfs/changes. Where is the line then? X killer is not fun to go against. Ruin is not fun to go against. Slugging is not fun to go against. Camping/tunneling is not fun to go against. Being hooked is not fun to go against. Dying is not fun to go against.

    Not everything in an asymmetric game needs to be fun for both sides. I dont think its possible either.

    I dont love the new changes to DH either but at the end of the day they can only use it once per chase, like every other exhaustion perk. At least this one gives them the least amount of distance from it. The only thing it really punishes is trapper.

    It can give way more distance because of its ability to reach loops, though.

    And even more distance from Killers trying to bait it out and not swinging even when they could (often leading into reaching a pallet etc. when they have to swing eventually).

    And it manages to get people distance even if they don't have DH from trying to bait DH because so many people do. Like BT and DS, it manages to have an effect even if it's not in the game.

  • dead hard is fine, solo q exists still.

  • I really do think giving it "hit validation" (when said validation doesn't even work well) was a very bad idea. This perk is a problem, it was already the best perk in the game (before CoH) and is now overpowered beyond belief, also there is a hack out there that does DH for you just before you are about to be hit, thus making it impossible for the killer to hit you until you are exhausted.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710951#Comment_2710951

    It can give way more distance because of its ability to reach loops, though.

    And even more distance from Killers trying to bait it out and not swinging even when they could (often leading into reaching a pallet etc. when they have to swing eventually).

    And it manages to get people distance even if they don't have DH from trying to bait DH because so many people do. Like BT and DS, it manages to have an effect even if it's not in the game.

    I've had to recondition myself since the change. Baiting doesnt really work anymore so its more a case of swing and get it out of the way imho...

    As for distance, a well timed SB is WAY more punishing than a well timed DH. DH always seems worse because its in your face.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710944#Comment_2710944

    I'm not advocating anything about DH but "not being fun to go against" always seems like the biggest cop out of an excuse and I hate when its used to justify nerfs/changes. Where is the line then? X killer is not fun to go against. Ruin is not fun to go against. Slugging is not fun to go against. Camping/tunneling is not fun to go against. Being hooked is not fun to go against. Dying is not fun to go against.

    Not everything in an asymmetric game needs to be fun for both sides. I dont think its possible either.

    I dont love the new changes to DH either but at the end of the day they can only use it once per chase, like every other exhaustion perk. At least this one gives them the least amount of distance from it. The only thing it really punishes is trapper.

    In DBD history, It’s usually a general consensus that determines the nerfs. i.e. Old Ruin, Old Sef-Care, Old Spirit, Old Nurse, etc. With people who play killer more often, DH is very frustrating to go against.


    Also it punishes any killer with animation slow down, hurts Nurse the most if you’ve ever played her.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710965#Comment_2710965

    I've had to recondition myself since the change. Baiting doesnt really work anymore so its more a case of swing and get it out of the way imho...

    As for distance, a well timed SB is WAY more punishing than a well timed DH. DH always seems worse because its in your face.

    A well-timed SB still requires more planning, is more likely to fail, and has some counterplay from various killers.

    DH being usable in reaction to when you would get hit makes it more overall useful and powerful, on top of powers with extra CD's and miss penalties.

  • @agonizing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710951#Comment_2710951

    In DBD history, It’s usually a general consensus that determines the nerfs. i.e. Old Ruin, Old Sef-Care, Old Spirit, Old Nurse, etc. With people who play killer more often, DH is very frustrating to go against.

    Also it punishes any killer with animation slow down, hurts Nurse the most if you’ve ever played her.

    Oh I get the frustration. The fact it happens in your face is the part I think makes it feel worse.

    Ruin was changed because it punished new players and was ignored by older ones. It took me a while to come around but I think its better now. At least its more interactive (I still hate hexes as they are too RNG for my liking to put it into my full rotation).

    I cant see how they can tweak DH without changing it completely though... As for now I would rather face 4 DH than 4 SB/HO though.

  • Why deal with Dead Hard when you can VPN from Brazil and kick it to the curb!

    https://imgur.com/a/im3w8Lp


    Seriously though, why is there no option for matchmaking ping limit? I always get the Brazilian Freddies, meanwhile I'm chillin' in eastern U.S.. It sucks.

  • Dead Hard is NOT fine

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    So you're complaining about the perk when 2/3 times in that video, if you would've just waited to swing, it wouldn't have been a problem? Neat!

    This, it's insane the OP keeps trying the same thing especially when they know the the bill has Dead Hard.

    Pro tip, flick your mouse up when baiting it out. 9/10 players will panic and think you're about to swing and use it early. It's the same trick as looking down or using Trapper's setting animation to bait out flashlight saves / fake pallet breaks.

  • DH is so scuffed at high MMR it's not even funny.

    You wait it out he still reaches the pallet because dead hard for distance. You hit him early he still reaches the pallet because dead hard validation doesn't matter if he has the reaction of a turtle. What the ######### are you even supposed to do in those situation?


    @ClarityOfWill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710946#Comment_2710946

    This, it's insane the OP keeps trying the same thing especially when they know the the bill has Dead Hard.

    Pro tip, flick your mouse up when baiting it out. 9/10 players will panic and think you're about to swing and use it early. It's the same trick as looking down or using Trapper's setting animation to bait out flashlight saves / fake pallet breaks.

    By the way I've been using that and it doesn't work. Most survivors doesn't react to head movement in chases. It's an unreliable 'tech'. Even as a Survivor which I play a lot more these days, I never seen a killer do that. Which somebody are probably doing but I never noticed mid chase lmao.

  • 2 out of those hits would have been yours if you were just a bit patient and understood your surroundings so that you’d know there was nothing they could dash towards.

    I have come to the conclusion that the problem with DH is how many people just don’t even try to bait it out or out position the survivor.

  • @ClarityOfWill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710946#Comment_2710946

    This, it's insane the OP keeps trying the same thing especially when they know the the bill has Dead Hard.

    Pro tip, flick your mouse up when baiting it out. 9/10 players will panic and think you're about to swing and use it early. It's the same trick as looking down or using Trapper's setting animation to bait out flashlight saves / fake pallet breaks.

    Lol.

    The survivor doesn't even need to see the killer to react to the swing. He can HEAR the swing and then DH. It's consistently a hit dodged.

  • @hiken said:

    dead hard is fine, solo q exists still.

    As long as it keeps eating killer powers (which it was never supposed to do), it is not fine. DH validation caused a huge bug that inadvertently serves as an additional and unnecessary buff to the perk overall.

  • @psionic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711038#Comment_2711038

    Lol.

    The survivor doesn't even need to see the killer to react to the swing. He can HEAR the swing and then DH. It's consistently a hit dodged.

    lmao.

    Most survivors do not react to the sound, they're reacting to the animation and even good ones can have a dead hard baited out. No one is saying the perk isn't strong, but the moment a spirit comes out of phase they're probably swinging. All you had to do was literally wait or bait out the dead hard in the first two cases and it was job done. There are multiple ways you can try to force it early, one of which is looking up.

  • @Myla said:

    DH is so scuffed at high MMR it's not even funny.

    You wait it out he still reaches the pallet because dead hard for distance. You hit him early he still reaches the pallet because dead hard validation doesn't matter if he has the reaction of a turtle. What the ######### are you even supposed to do in those situation?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711038#Comment_2711038

    By the way I've been using that and it doesn't work. Most survivors doesn't react to head movement in chases. It's an unreliable 'tech'. Even as a Survivor which I play a lot more these days, I never seen a killer do that. Which somebody are probably doing but I never noticed mid chase lmao.

    It's not meant to be a reliable tech, but I wouldn't have suggested it if it didn't work at all. It's a method you use to find out what kind of survivor you're dealing with, same as using wraith's cloaking, billy's chainsaw animation or Trapper's setting at a pallet to identify how they play.

  • Your video proves that you can very well play around dead hard lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711051#Comment_2711051

    Hug them. If they're still able to react DH a non-lunge they deserve it at that point.

    E: You know, there's a question I've never thought about right there. What's the frame data on a standard, non-lunge M1? Just how reactable is it?

    Non-instant at pointblank, given the autodeadhard scripts, I guess?

  • @ClarityOfWill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711045#Comment_2711045

    It's not meant to be a reliable tech, but I wouldn't have suggested it if it didn't work at all. It's a method you use to find out what kind of survivor you're dealing with, same as using wraith's cloaking, billy's chainsaw animation or Trapper's setting at a pallet to identify how they play.

    I mean you said 9/10 players will panic. Then you changed your stance to saying it's not meant to be a reliable tech?

    Bruh The numbers mason what do they mean

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710950#Comment_2710950

    Who cares if they're not near a pallet? Wait longer.

    DH for distance is obnoxious but there's only 1 example of that here. The others were misplays on your part, especially the 2nd when you knew for a fact he had DH.

    Even if you wait the Dh, you can't really do much if they're using it in a loop with a pallet or using it towards a window, that's still time lost ina chase

    Now spread it to 4 survivors abusing the Dh and you'll have a fun time.

    ...I Sure Have a Fun Time Playing Against Dh just bout Every damn Match..
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    So you're complaining about the perk when 2/3 times in that video, if you would've just waited to swing, it wouldn't have been a problem? Neat!

    If you would do bones, nobody would even know what noed is.

    If you wouldnt be determined stroboscope, lightborn would still be a meme even tho it is.

    Also lets discuss how broken no way out and blood warden is. Becouse now you have to ne 7 instead 6 mins in match

  • @psionic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711038#Comment_2711038

    Lol.

    The survivor doesn't even need to see the killer to react to the swing. He can HEAR the swing and then DH. It's consistently a hit dodged.

    Thats totally wrong. By the time you hear the swing, DH wont make it in time anymore due to its animation delay and the audio delay.

  • I can agree that its uncool and probably unfair, if a perk doesn't work like it should due to latency issues. But the way hit validation was added to DH created a bucked full of other mechanical unfair situations, that aren't resolved.

    Ok, I hit a survivor, when I shouldn't and the hit is rolled back, I can accept that. But I, am still locked in the blade wiping animation, giving the survivor all the time in the world to get away, with nothing to show for it on my side.

    We have l seen teleporting survivors after being hit or downed, so why can't they allow the server to force the killer out of the blade wiping animation when the damage was rolled back? This would still give the killer a minor disadvantage, but curb down the frustration level by a lot!

    Same goes for some powers, like Nemesis tentacle strike where survivor hits get prioritized before pallet hits, and where the survivor being hit gets rolled back, yet the pallet stays intact, leaving the killer with nothing to show for. THIS is just as mechanical punishing and busted and frustrating as using a perk that didn't work x-number of times due to latency issues. This stuff is tricky, but it somehow needs to be dealt with, otherwise you are just changing one set of unfair conditions for another one, and in a charged up environment like dbd this will lead to discontent and grief.

  • @psionic said:

    As you can see from the video below, footages are only from one survivor. ONE SURVIVOR. It was enough to question me why I do still play this game...

    Dear BHVR, do you know what is to face 4 survivors all of them with DH nowadays?

    Honestly, I would trade any killer perk to get rid of Dead Hard. You can take away too Corrupt, Pop, Ruin, Noed, anything.

    Am I being too dramatic? I don't know, I'm just tired of facing this perk every single match.

    https://youtu.be/2V9tscCEMqA

    PS: I know people are gonna argument about my ping, I do play with less than 30 ms latency, the survivor had +68 ms

    stop swinging immediately after every phase walk. there. problem solved.

  • @psionic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710946#Comment_2710946

    And how do you asecure the survivor won't wait my swing????

    if you are literally humping their backs, it'd be pretty hard to react to the swing. do that.

  • @emetSdidnothingwrong said:

    I really do think giving it "hit validation" (when said validation doesn't even work well) was a very bad idea. This perk is a problem, it was already the best perk in the game (before CoH) and is now overpowered beyond belief, also there is a hack out there that does DH for you just before you are about to be hit, thus making it impossible for the killer to hit you until you are exhausted.

    kek how is hit validation a bad idea? havent you ever been exhausted on the ground? using DH and perfectly timing it only for it to slap you in the face was aggravating back then.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    I can agree that its uncool and probably unfair, if a perk doesn't work like it should due to latency issues. But the way hit validation was added to DH created a bucked full of other mechanical unfair situations, that aren't resolved.

    Ok, I hit a survivor, when I shouldn't and the hit is rolled back, I can accept that. But I, am still locked in the blade wiping animation, giving the survivor all the time in the world to get away, with nothing to show for it on my side.

    We have l seen teleporting survivors after being hit or downed, so why can't they allow the server to force the killer out of the blade wiping animation when the damage was rolled back? This would still give the killer a minor disadvantage, but curb down the frustration level by a lot!

    Same goes for some powers, like Nemesis tentacle strike where survivor hits get prioritized before pallet hits, and where the survivor being hit gets rolled back, yet the pallet stays intact, leaving the killer with nothing to show for. THIS is just as mechanical punishing and busted and frustrating as using a perk that didn't work x-number of times due to latency issues. This stuff is tricky, but it somehow needs to be dealt with, otherwise you are just changing one set of unfair conditions for another one, and in a charged up environment like dbd this will lead to discontent and grief.

    No, you don't get the blade wiping animation. You get the missed attack animation which is a lot faster than that. Stop spreading these false claims. I get it maybe in the moment you'd think that, but try it out in a custom game with a buddy. I guarantee that you do not get that hit animation.

    About the nemesis pallet thing, yeah I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

  • Well, good that you tried that out in a couple custom games, fam. I 95% main killer and have been 100% confused by a legit hit with wiping animation, blood, screams and all, and then couldnt find the survivor anywhere on the floor ... because they DH away and now are half the map away.

    I appreciate your different experiences from your custom game with a buddy, but just maaaybe work a little bit on your tone. I am not trying to eat your soul, I am trying to have a civil conversation about a game that I hold dear and would love to do my part to improve it.

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711091#Comment_2711091

    I mean you said 9/10 players will panic. Then you changed your stance to saying it's not meant to be a reliable tech?

    Bruh The numbers mason what do they mean

    To be fair I shouldn't have put a number to it, but the point still stands. It's not reliable, but I've found more often than not people react to it and dead hard. Against patient players you just have to wait it out. If they get to a pallet then that's smart play on their end.

  • Dh is not unfair. This game is unplayable without ds and dh because of too many tunnelers.

  • @Sakurra said:

    Dh is not unfair. This game is unplayable without ds and dh because of too many tunnelers.

    How does Dead Hard stop tunneling?

  • Can you post the next 5 seconds of that clip? You probably downed him in those 5 seconds, you don't need powers to down a survivor after dead hard, they are just out of lunge reach as there is close to no punishment for missed m1's. On top of that you can just wait 1 second longer before attacking. And let's be honest, you're probably used to cheap latency hits through pallets which worked for multiple years

  • @agonizing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710951#Comment_2710951

    In DBD history, It’s usually a general consensus that determines the nerfs. i.e. Old Ruin, Old Sef-Care, Old Spirit, Old Nurse, etc. With people who play killer more often, DH is very frustrating to go against.

    Also it punishes any killer with animation slow down, hurts Nurse the most if you’ve ever played her.

    It's exactly because of nurse that DH cannot be nerfed. A match without DH is 4k easy for any decent nurse.

  • Ask the one who said dh stop tunneling and read my comment carefully.

  • @tesla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710971#Comment_2710971

    It's exactly because of nurse that DH cannot be nerfed. A match without DH is 4k easy for any decent nurse.

    The rest of the game can't be held hostage to one Killer they can't work out what to do with.

  • DH is fine. No nerfs are needed. Just because you don't like seeing it every game doesn't mean it needs a nerf, lol. I don't like seeing gen perks every game as survivor, but I have to deal with it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711475#Comment_2711475

    I never said DH for distance isn't annoying, which is what you're describing. I said that 2/3 examples of DH in the video aren't valid reasons to complain about the perk.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711494#Comment_2711494

    what are you on about

    Giving you valid reasons, why your boys shouldnt be so lusting for those perk nerfs

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710969#Comment_2710969

    kek how is hit validation a bad idea? havent you ever been exhausted on the ground? using DH and perfectly timing it only for it to slap you in the face was aggravating back then.

    Their hit validation does not work well enough to add it to things like that, I'm not saying it can't be done, plenty of games have done it, I am saying the hit validation in this game is poorly implemented and unfair to the killer side. I'm not talking about the visual feedback, you are assuming it was implemented in a fair and working manor, if that were the case I would agree that it is fine, BHVR doesn't implement well thought out and functioning things like that they always mess it up.