Worst gen regresing perk for Killers?

Oppression.

I think even Overcharge is bit better since you can keep using it without cooldowns.

Comments

  • A lot of perks in this game could be useful if they didn't have dumb cooldowns or token systems.

  • Oppression, surge/jolt, and over charge should get changes to be a lot better. Top 3 worst imo

  • It’s either overcharge or oppression.

  • Either Overcharge or Surge/Jolt.

  • That moment when Unnerving Presence is so bad y'all completely forget about it. It isn't technically regression, but Dying Light is also worse.

    That said, I'm pretty sure Oppression is better than Overcharge. The bad part about Overcharge is that after the first surprise hard skill check, good Survivors won't get slowed down anymore. A difficult skill check as a surprise though? Good luck hitting that. Also the whole kicking unattended gens from range is actually really nice. Oppression does need a smaller cool down though.

  • Pure regressing perks then probably overcharge. It doesn't even stop gen tapping midchase ffs.

    Gen slowdown perks in general then it's a tossup between dying light or unnerving presence. Both these perks help the survivors more then they help you.

  • Oppression is better used as a detection perk then regression, and it's pretty much all I ever used it for. Any regression was just a nice cake topper. Also made snowballing victories faster.

  • Oppression is decent. I personally think it's better than DL, UP, and JOLT. DL help survivors more if if it is helping you the game is over already. UP is a joke it actually helps hit great skill checks. Jolt's 8% is laughable. Even if you down them it has to be a basic atk, not be on CD, AND be in range of a gen with charges....Sorry that's #########.

    Oppression has tracking, has the ability to regress 3 gens at once resulting in who knows how much regression if you are applying pressure to the team.

  • Overcharge. A meagre benefit for going out of your way to kick a generator, which is not something you want to be doing without a perk to make it worthwhile, which Overcharge does not. Maybe if you pair it with another on-kick perk like Pop or Oppression, but at that point, you're two perks in for regression and there are way better combos to use.

  • Ruin. that's gone in under 30s these days.

  • @jesterkind said:

    Overcharge. A meagre benefit for going out of your way to kick a generator, which is not something you want to be doing without a perk to make it worthwhile, which Overcharge does not. Maybe if you pair it with another on-kick perk like Pop or Oppression, but at that point, you're two perks in for regression and there are way better combos to use.

    I've run a setup with Overcharge, Oppression, Eruption, and Brutal Strength before. It actually worked pretty well. Kick everything.

  • I'm pretty sure Overcharge basically gives the survivors free great skill checks if they can hit em, I see its use against noobs though.

    Dying Light I guess is alright on Plague or maybe Legion but there's just so many other better slowdown perks to run.

  • @tenoresax said:

    I'm pretty sure Overcharge basically gives the survivors free great skill checks if they can hit em, I see its use against noobs though.

    Dying Light I guess is alright on Plague or maybe Legion but there's just so many other better slowdown perks to run.

    You're thinking of Unnerving Presence. Makes skill checks more common and shrinks the success zones but doesn't shrink the Great Zone. Overcharge triggers a single skill check after a kick identical to the one DS does that doesn't have a Great Zone.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697231#Comment_2697231

    You're thinking of Unnerving Presence. Makes skill checks more common and shrinks the success zones but doesn't shrink the Great Zone. Overcharge triggers a single skill check after a kick identical to the one DS does that doesn't have a Great Zone.

    Nah I wasn't thinking of Unnerving, but I was under the impression that Overcharge skillchecks counted as greats, guess not then.

  • @tenoresax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2697242#Comment_2697242

    Nah I wasn't thinking of Unnerving, but I was under the impression that Overcharge skillchecks counted as greats, guess not then.

    Ah, I see.

    Yeah, Overcharge Skill Checks can't be "great" skill checks. Same with Oppresion skill checks actually. I just thought you were talking about Unnerving because that perk actually does give more skill checks that can be greats.

  • Overcharge, since they killed its synergy with huntress lullaby good survivors barely feel it.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Oppression.

    I think even Overcharge is bit better since you can keep using it without cooldowns.

    Jolt.

  • @jesterkind said:

    Overcharge. A meagre benefit for going out of your way to kick a generator, which is not something you want to be doing without a perk to make it worthwhile, which Overcharge does not. Maybe if you pair it with another on-kick perk like Pop or Oppression, but at that point, you're two perks in for regression and there are way better combos to use.

    You should always kick a gen regardless if you're using gen regression perks or not. It only takes a second and sometimes the survivors don't come back to it for a while.

  • Overcharge and Huntress Lullaby

  • Eruption. The biggest disappointment.

  • Eruption or huntress's lullaby. Lullaby payoff isn't worth the set up. Pretty much the same for eruption. The set up required to get any sort of real value is not worth.

    Oppression could probably use a shorter cooldown. But mix it in with overcharge, unnerving, and Distressing on doc and watch them cry at 5 gens all game lol

  • Jolt is probably the worse gen regression perk of all, unless you are in The Game the perk wont affect more than 1 or 2 gens (and if it affects more you have a very strong 3 gen and you already have half the match won anyway) plus it doesnt synergize very well with PGTW or Ruin.

    Overcharge is more of a detection perk and Oppression while having a massive CD the effect is quite decent.