This is why killer sucks and I dont really play it anymore...

20211207_115746.jpg

I understand we must cater to survivors in every way possible nowadays but when are you gonna rebalance the meta or just disable some of this rubbish. Its honestly so boring to verse meta after meta after meta. No one even runs actual builds they just run perks that are all single handedly strong.

Theres me running a random build with 1 meta perk versing 14/16 meta perks. I wouldn't mind if one person ran them but god does everyone have to use the same perk every damn game.

4DH, 2DS+ and then a mixture of unbreakable and BTs....

Comments

  • BBQ AND Corrupt?

    PLUS

    ToTH and Distressing?

    How could you get more meta? You obviously need a sweat team.

  • Distressing makes chases harder FYI

  • @Pulsar said:

    BBQ AND Corrupt?

    PLUS

    ToTH and Distressing?

    How could you get more meta? You obviously need a sweat team.

    I know right, that random perk wheel blessed me today lol

  • @ColonGlock said:

    Distressing makes chases harder FYI

    Random perk wheel, I have 5 years experience btw. But I'm wraith so distressing didnt do anything, the point is all I see is meta, on every survivor...

  • Why not use meta?

    I get slugged everytime when there is one more survivor left.

    Facecamp occurs in 75% of the matches.

    What do you expect people to use?

  • Why would they run the other 90% of useless survivor perks instead?

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682830#Comment_2682830

    Random perk wheel, I have 5 years experience btw. But I'm wraith so distressing didnt do anything, the point is all I see is meta, on every survivor...

    True. However if you know you face good survivors (Meta or no Meta) consistently running a randomizer then complaining about your results seems backwards to me. I use the killer randomizer often but I know I play good survivors mostly so I build that character for success (if I can). Killers already have spawns, maps, etc issues to worry about no reason to add to it by handicapping yourself.

    I play a game with Wraith last night as well. I ran Purple SD with green uncloaking speed and added Fire up to the mix. My other 3 perks were BBQ, Surge, Sloppy and 4k with 4 gens remaining. Then played Artist and got Haddonfield and it killed my momentum.

  • @KajdanKi said:

    Why not use meta?

    I get slugged everytime when there is one more survivor left.

    Facecamp occurs in 75% of the matches.

    What do you expect people to use?

    There are many good perks that arent meta, all meta is nowadays is second chance perks stacked.

    @Fantasy said:

    Why would they run the other 90% of useless survivor perks instead?

    Not true, far more good perks than 5 for survivor. It's why I said the devs should rebalance it. Its boring AF.

  • You want to tell me that you are mad because:


    • Borrowed Time - are you a tunneler?
    • Decisive Strike - useless perk but ppl use it because tunnelers
    • Dead Hard - rly? you cant make them use it and then down them?


    So looks like you are tunneling ppl hard man

  • @KajdanKi said:

    You want to tell me that you are mad because:

    • Borrowed Time - are you a tunneler?
    • Decisive Strike - useless perk but ppl use it because tunnelers
    • Dead Hard - rly? you cant make them use it and then down them?

    So looks like you are tunneling ppl hard man

    Borrowed time saves the person that is being unhooked and also saves the person that unhooks, because of body blocking. Together with DS and unbreakable and deadhard its the biggest BS ever as you can't slug them, can't down them and if you do then you can't hook them either.

  • @KajdanKi said:

    You want to tell me that you are mad because:

    • Borrowed Time - are you a tunneler?
    • Decisive Strike - useless perk but ppl use it because tunnelers
    • Dead Hard - rly? you cant make them use it and then down them?

    So looks like you are tunneling ppl hard man

    Bruh.

  • You was meant to say "survivor mains be like" haha.

    Nah so many people dont even consider how else they can use perks, they take it at face value but lower level I suppose

  • dont tunnel and dont slug and you don't see 3/5 of those circled perks


    next

  • @KajdanKi said:

    You want to tell me that you are mad because:

    • Borrowed Time - are you a tunneler?
    • Decisive Strike - useless perk but ppl use it because tunnelers
    • Dead Hard - rly? you cant make them use it and then down them?

    So looks like you are tunneling ppl hard man

    Satire?

  • @remoirel said:

    dont tunnel and dont slug and you don't see 3/5 of those circled perks

    next

    "Don't try to win and you won't see any of those perks."

    How about a Survivor version?

    Don't do gens and don't loop and you won't see Ruin, Bamboozle, NOED, PGTW or Deadlock :)

  • I mean what do you want them to run autodidact?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I mean what do you want them to run autodidact?

    Nah, pebble wars

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682888#Comment_2682888

    "Don't try to win and you won't see any of those perks."

    How about a Survivor version?

    Don't do gens and don't loop and you won't see Ruin, Bamboozle, NOED, PGTW or Deadlock :)

    argument doesn't work when you can win without tunneling or slugging anyone but not doing gens doesn't progress the game. Interesting take though!

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I mean what do you want them to run autodidact?

    I mean, autodidact is fun...

  • Seeing nothing but the meta is something you should expect at this point, but I understand where you are coming from.

  • @KajdanKi said:

    You want to tell me that you are mad because:

    • Borrowed Time - are you a tunneler?
    • Decisive Strike - useless perk but ppl use it because tunnelers
    • Dead Hard - rly? you cant make them use it and then down them?

    So looks like you are tunneling ppl hard man

    You can still be stabbed by DS without tunneling, happens alot during the endgame

    Borrowed Time is usually used to take hits not prevent tunneling

    Dead Hard is used for distance


    This has to be satire

  • Who exactly is preventing you from running the meta?

    What exactly does entitle you to decide what other players should run for your own amusement?

  • @remoirel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682892#Comment_2682892

    argument doesn't work when you can win without tunneling or slugging anyone but not doing gens doesn't progress the game. Interesting take though!

    Sure, you could win without slugging or tunneling, that relies on Survivors being significantly worse than you though.

    You could also win without looping if the Killer was bad enough.

  • I wish pebble was just based on cool-down instead of TR. I would use it all the time.

  • @KajdanKi said:

    Why not use meta?

    I get slugged everytime when there is one more survivor left.

    Facecamp occurs in 75% of the matches.

    What do you expect people to use?

    • Unbreakable - Killers want to be able to slug you without you being able to counter it.
    • Borrowed Time - Killers want to facecamp you without being able to counter it.
    • Decisive Strike - Killers want to tunnel you without you being able to counter it.

    I wish Killers realized that survivors aren't using a meta perks because they want to, they are using meta-perks to counter uncounterable tactics killers use. You literally can't do anything about slugging unless you bring a perk. You can't do anything about face-camping without a perk. You can't do anything about tunneling without a perk.

    Survivors are using these perks because they have to. Otherwise they'll be sitting on a hook looking at Leatherface revving his chainsaw.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682836#Comment_2682836

    • Unbreakable - Killers want to be able to slug you without you being able to counter it.
    • Borrowed Time - Killers want to facecamp you without being able to counter it.
    • Decisive Strike - Killers want to tunnel you without you being able to counter it.

    I wish Killers realized that survivors aren't using a meta perks because they want to, they are using meta-perks to counter uncounterable tactics killers use. You literally can't do anything about slugging unless you bring a perk. You can't do anything about face-camping without a perk. You can't do anything about tunneling without a perk.

    Survivors are using these perks because they have to. Otherwise they'll be sitting on a hook looking at Leatherface revving his chainsaw.

    Borrowed Time doesn't counter facecamping lol.

    It just makes sure every unhook is safe. That's it.

  • Yeah it’s one of my favourite perks. But using it every game gets annoying especially when rng isn’t on your side

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682836#Comment_2682836

    • Unbreakable - Killers want to be able to slug you without you being able to counter it.
    • Borrowed Time - Killers want to facecamp you without being able to counter it.
    • Decisive Strike - Killers want to tunnel you without you being able to counter it.

    I wish Killers realized that survivors aren't using a meta perks because they want to, they are using meta-perks to counter uncounterable tactics killers use. You literally can't do anything about slugging unless you bring a perk. You can't do anything about face-camping without a perk. You can't do anything about tunneling without a perk.

    Survivors are using these perks because they have to. Otherwise they'll be sitting on a hook looking at Leatherface revving his chainsaw.

    DS was not an anti-tunnel perk from the start, though. It only got changed in 2019.

    Wouldn't that imply that tunneling was an unbeatable strategy from 2016 to early 2019?

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682937#Comment_2682937

    DS was not an anti-tunnel perk from the start, though. It only got changed in 2019.

    Wouldn't that imply that tunneling was an unbeatable strategy from 2016 to early 2019?

    It was always an anti-tunnel perk. It just did more than prevent tunneling. Also, you are talking about a time where maps were much larger, there were infinites, etc, etc. It was practically a different game.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682836#Comment_2682836

    • Unbreakable - Killers want to be able to slug you without you being able to counter it.
    • Borrowed Time - Killers want to facecamp you without being able to counter it.
    • Decisive Strike - Killers want to tunnel you without you being able to counter it.

    I wish Killers realized that survivors aren't using a meta perks because they want to, they are using meta-perks to counter uncounterable tactics killers use. You literally can't do anything about slugging unless you bring a perk. You can't do anything about face-camping without a perk. You can't do anything about tunneling without a perk.

    Survivors are using these perks because they have to. Otherwise they'll be sitting on a hook looking at Leatherface revving his chainsaw.

    Killers resort to those tactics because of survivors

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682836#Comment_2682836

    • Unbreakable - Killers want to be able to slug you without you being able to counter it.
    • Borrowed Time - Killers want to facecamp you without being able to counter it.
    • Decisive Strike - Killers want to tunnel you without you being able to counter it.

    I wish Killers realized that survivors aren't using a meta perks because they want to, they are using meta-perks to counter uncounterable tactics killers use. You literally can't do anything about slugging unless you bring a perk. You can't do anything about face-camping without a perk. You can't do anything about tunneling without a perk.

    Survivors are using these perks because they have to. Otherwise they'll be sitting on a hook looking at Leatherface revving his chainsaw.

    There are 4 survivors, that counters slugging just in itself.

  • I mean they do... if you go for chases against good survivors you lose. Even if they're bad at looping you can still struggle if you play nice

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682962#Comment_2682962

    I mean they do... if you go for chases against good survivors you lose. Even if they're bad at looping you can still struggle if you play nice

    I disagree with the "because of Survivors."

    It's the whole which came first debate, Survivors running meta or Killers.

  • @Johann84 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682937#Comment_2682937

    Killers resort to those tactics because of survivors

    Survivors resort to [Insert generic complained about strategy/perk choice] because of killers. Sounds like everyone is massively petty and desperate for a W in this game.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682937#Comment_2682937

    Borrowed Time doesn't counter facecamping lol.

    It just makes sure every unhook is safe. That's it.

    The problem isn't that BT exist. BT exist because killers gravitate toward the hook instead of chasing another survivor. If you aren't at the hook, you would never even notice BT. And let's be truthful know BT doesn't guarantee a safe hook, if a killer just follows until BT fades, what happens?

    BT and DS (post-nerf) are 2 perks that exist solely to make sure 1st hook isn't end of game for that player. The fact that 2 perks are required to do this is a testament to some of the core issues with DBD. But fixing this would require a total rework the hook mechanic.

    But there's a reason why the screenshot doesn't include the end result of the match. My guess is that most of the survivors still died.

  • @DeliciousFood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682960#Comment_2682960

    Survivors resort to [Insert generic complained about strategy/perk choice] because of killers. Sounds like everyone is massively petty and desperate for a W in this game.

    So, if Killers never face-camped/tunneled off hook, would you ever see Decisive Strike played? No you wouldn't.

    Those 3 perks are used because they are pretty much the only counter to slugging, face-camping and tunneling off hook.

    So yes, Survivors resort to DS, BT and UB because of Killer tactics.

    The only substance to your argument is an ad hominem attack.

  • @Ebonbane2000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682942#Comment_2682942

    The problem isn't that BT exist. BT exist because killers gravitate toward the hook instead of chasing another survivor. If you aren't at the hook, you would never even notice BT. And let's be truthful know BT doesn't guarantee a safe hook, if a killer just follows until BT fades, what happens?

    BT and DS (post-nerf) are 2 perks that exist solely to make sure 1st hook isn't end of game for that player. The fact that 2 perks are required to do this is a testament to some of the core issues with DBD. But fixing this would require a total rework the hook mechanic.

    But there's a reason why the screenshot doesn't include the end result of the match. My guess is that most of the survivors still died.

    Of course I'll return to hook if I see them going for it. Who wouldn't lmao

    My issue with BT comes when Survivors body-block when they have it. I also don't like the design of the perk, I think it promotes bad plays and rewards people for it.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682975#Comment_2682975

    So, if Killers never face-camped/tunneled off hook, would you ever see Decisive Strike played? No you wouldn't.

    Those 3 perks are used because they are pretty much the only counter to slugging, face-camping and tunneling off hook.

    So yes, Survivors resort to DS, BT and UB because of Killer tactics.

    The only substance to your argument is an ad hominem attack.

    What are you talking about? That's exactly what I said. Survivors resorting to tactics because of the behaviour of killers, and vice versa, there is no origin point here. I don't understand what your issue is.

    Ad Hominem? Who exactly am I targeting? I'm calling people who play DBD in a general sense petty and desperate for a W, which would include me in it. It's not an Ad Hominem, it's a gross generality born of an observation from all the excessive sweat coming from so many people just on this forum. In no way do I target the poster beyond just re-iterating their low-effort reply with my own. Way to use a cool buzzword though.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2682913#Comment_2682913

    Yeah it’s one of my favourite perks. But using it every game gets annoying especially when rng isn’t on your side

    that's true. no denying that prayers to rngesus are required to a degree.

  • I'd rather all of those than 2 or more CoH.

    That's just busted.

  • I'm a high mmr survivor, I'm seeing corrupt, pop, ruin undying, tinkerer, noed etc.. all the time these days

    so yeah if I wanna run my DH and CoH then I will.

    it's meta vs meta atm.

    Yes there are four survivors and if they're a swf running all that isn't necessary but if it's all solos then yeah it's understandable

  • Just seeing that abomination makes me want to uninstall. Such sweat.