I saved up 650k bp and 16.5k Iri shards
Just, in advance before logging on.
In case I've lost progress.
Just, in advance before logging on.
In case I've lost progress.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Why are you announcing this here?
why do you fear you could lose progress?
Do yourself a favor and don't log in. You stand to lose way more than your current BP and shards if the glitch hits you and they end up doing their previous methods of fixing it.
😩 another glitch affecting many accounts??
Many people across platforms are getting hit with save game errors as of the past half hour. I got whacked with it and now I'm on tenterhooks for the future of my account. Can't log in anymore, it just tells me my data is corrupted.
So yeah. If you haven't logged in? I wouldn't risk it. Historically this glitch has been catastrophic.
There's an error causing people to lose progress and preventing them from logging in. BHVR is notorious for refusing to restore lost progress and items. At most they give you a handful of blood points.
cool.
thanks for the heads up.
I started signing in, it said restart, and I did.
it just finished restarting, but it didn't finish signing in.
I'll be O.K, right?
What has happened in the past?
Yeah I logged in after dinner got initialization error but i closed it and it let me play a game. Afterwards i had 0 bp. I had 855k set aside for artist so as someone said DONT LOG ON.
O.K, it failed to sign in for me.
it got to the load screen, but it gave me the prompt to restart instead of letting me play.
I'll be fine, right?
Nnnno? It's still broken because whatever's causing this glitch is still active. I don't know why you walked into this knowing that there was an account-eating error on the line. Knowing how much stuff was on your account won't help you - people in the past have provided proof of owning certain items or cosmetics and they still couldn't get BHVR to restore them.
Well looks like i’m not playing tonight.
people are getting different error messages, one of which is this:
I just got logged on but I still have all my bp and such.
I didn't know until booting up the game, it showed me that report, and I came here.
Amateurs. I saved up 2 million blood points.
Get on my level
Don't log in until further notice.
Not sure if this was better or worse but my error was different.
to specify, when I said "I'll be fine, right?" I meant, "I won't lose my progress based on how far I got accidentally, right?".
Total account wipe, all characters reset, and they credit you with an amount of bloodpoints equal to your total earnings throughout the game (so tens or hundreds of millions... but with all the obnoxious time it takes to spend them.) Your cell purchases and DLCs are fine, but things you earned from events - items, charms, cosmetics - are gone. People lost even legacy outfits from this. Presumably your archives are all cleared too.
I'm praying that's not what happens this time, or I'll probably ragequit the game right here and now.
Doesn't it cap at 1 million?
Amateurs?
i saved up over 8 million BP!
(on Switch, via codes etc, maybe I should log in and take a screenshot now? 🙃)
Everything looks fine so far.
sorry that's the one you got.
I think I dodged a bullet. I only got a bug that prevented me from signing in.
I can't tell you. I don't know what's going to happen. All I know is that if you ran into the error message, you're at risk, and in the past, BHVR has handled this error horribly and we're all at risk of having our accounts nuked.
Oh no I just checked the forums when loading into a match, I was wondering why I got 6 initialization errors while trying to get online.
well, [bad word].
This has happened before? I am scared to open the game right now.
Yikes
Not again
oh, it wasn't me, i nicked it from twitter.
i'm doing the semi-smart thing and staying very far away
Guys, it looks like it's working fine now. Although I understand the fear of logging on.
Apparently it has. There were multiple other bugs and glitches though, most recently a rank reset for multiple accounts on the wrong date etc.
usually it’s not as severe as this one now I guess
yeah.
I'm going to not play for tonight.
I don't feel like risking all those shards and bp I was saving for The Artist.
It does but with bloodpoints codes and rank reset giving bloodpoints you can go past the cap. I have done it many times
in retrospect, the rank thing was practically foreshadowing.
Oh wow, I had no idea. (Still new)
8 million??
I need to step up my game
Oh dang, I was gonna log in and play a few games tonight but not anymore.
I remember the last time this happened and people had their progress wiped, which was brutal and unfair. Hope it doesn't happen again.
BHVR is really doing its best to damage its reputation and reliability as a company lately.
Well, I may never be able to actually use them, if Switch Crossplay won’t come…
Well, I have some good news - spoke to a twitch community that seems to have only lost bloodpoints or nothing at all, and have been able to get back in since. I was able to log back in finally and my account seems exactly where I left off - same number of bloodpoints and shards, same status of rift challenges that I completed today.
Not sure I want to push things and keep playing tonight, but that's a huge weight off my shoulders. Here's hoping this is the same for everyone else here who's been affected by this.
that's really a weight off my shoulders. honestly, thanks for keeping me in the loop.
still not playing today until there's an official statement or something, though.
I’m still not gonna play tonight.
No problem. Sorry for all the doomsaying, but I've seen all the Twitter horror stories...
And I think that's a good idea. They'll likely make an official statement about this soon; that's a safe all-clear to use.
People could not get their cosmetic, shard, cell and bp back
Welp, I can log back in and didn't lose anything.
Guess I can't criticize them too hard for this one yet.
so, it's safe then?
Unfortunately i was hit with this as i was about to get into a match as billy
Seems it for me, but I couldn't speak for anyone else.
I personally still have all 1 mil BP, all iri shards, and (from what I can tell) all the cosmetics and characters I had yesterday.
Though I'm not that motivated to play tonight anymore either way.
---
Edit:
"The outage is now resolved! We encourage players to restart the game to improve their experience.
Welcome back everyone!"
Well there you go.
Problem resolved.