Blight is so boring to go against.

Scratch that, PC blights are boring to go against. I’ve just been getting sweaty pc blights with their DPI cranked up, escaped a couple, lost a couple, he’s still boring to go against in the end. Idk why BHVR can’t just adjust his power to not be affected by DPI or to just adjust it to the maximum range console players can curve with it.

Comments

  • DPI flicks are gone, I don't even know why people still complain about those. If controller players can't do the things the PC Blight can (pretty sure they can though, even if it's harder), then BHVR should adjust it for them.

  • @Labrac said:

    DPI flicks are gone, I don't even know why people still complain about those. If controller players can't do the things the PC Blight can (pretty sure they can though, even if it's harder), then BHVR should adjust it for them.

    It’s not gone. I play blight on pc as well and adjusting your DPI affects just the curve alone. Add one of the turn add ons or both and it’s crazy how they can get curves that realistically shouldn’t happen.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656461#Comment_2656461

    It’s not gone. I play blight on pc as well and adjusting your DPI affects just the curve alone. Add one of the turn add ons or both and it’s crazy how they can get curves that realistically shouldn’t happen.

    Higher DPI just lets you get the same flicks without having to move your mouse through half of your desk, the flick itself is the same in both low and high DPI.

    The fact you think the turning rate addons are good shows you don't really know anything about Blight.

  • Know what is more boring to go against? Boons and typical meta trash, those are a super boring snoozefest.

  • @Labrac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656472#Comment_2656472

    Higher DPI just lets you get the same flicks without having to move your mouse through half of your desk, the flick itself is the same in both low and high DPI.

    The fact you think the turning rate addons are good shows you don't really know anything about Blight.

    I’m starting to think you didn’t even read what I said. First off point out where I said “turning rate addons are good.” Second off, DPI does affect the flicks and curves. I play blight on pc and have adjusted my mouse dpi to curve around corners. Having it cranked up let’s you do some dumb things.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    Scratch that, PC blights are boring to go against. I’ve just been getting sweaty pc blights with their DPI cranked up, escaped a couple, lost a couple, he’s still boring to go against in the end. Idk why BHVR can’t just adjust his power to not be affected by DPI or to just adjust it to the maximum range console players can curve with it.

    Higher dpi does not mean more than 180°, even controller can do hug techs and the up down flick, controller can do the same but people instead of practicing they just complain.

    @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656461#Comment_2656461

    It’s not gone. I play blight on pc as well and adjusting your DPI affects just the curve alone. Add one of the turn add ons or both and it’s crazy how they can get curves that realistically shouldn’t happen.

    But this comment made me realize you do not know anything about blight if you think turn rate addons are good.

  • Should be killswitched until his exploits are fixed

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656481#Comment_2656481

    I’m starting to think you didn’t even read what I said. First off point out where I said “turning rate addons are good.” Second off, DPI does affect the flicks and curves. I play blight on pc and have adjusted my mouse dpi to curve around corners. Having it cranked up let’s you do some dumb things.

    "Add one of the turn add ons or both and it’s crazy how they can get curves that realistically shouldn’t happen." Your own words. Turning rate addons don't affect flicks.

    Again, since that update that removed J flicks a high DPI only affects the amount of distance you have to move your mouse to get a flick. The curves you can get are the SAME.

  • Boring isn't the word I'd use tbh

    Frustrating is more accurate - There's a lot of times where there's a fun back and forth between survivor and killer which is what makes him fun to go against

    But facing blight after blight with the same build, the same addons that make his power even stronger than it is already + some of the frankly silly things people can do with blight by using exploits (not typical 'flicks', I'm talking the ppl who use external programs). It just gets frustrating and, to a degree, stale.


    I think my main complain with him boils down to the fact that with certain addons he moves too fast to react to and if he hits you, he has his power immediately afterward meaning you barely have any room to you know, play the game.

  • It's frustrating to get your ass kicked.

    And, Blight mains, with the right perks, can be oppressive.

    Just lose a bit and your mmr will drop,

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Boring isn't the word I'd use tbh

    Frustrating is more accurate - There's a lot of times where there's a fun back and forth between survivor and killer which is what makes him fun to go against

    But facing blight after blight with the same build, the same addons that make his power even stronger than it is already + some of the frankly silly things people can do with blight by using exploits (not typical 'flicks', I'm talking the ppl who use external programs). It just gets frustrating and, to a degree, stale.

    I think my main complain with him boils down to the fact that with certain addons he moves too fast to react to and if he hits you, he has his power immediately afterward meaning you barely have any room to you know, play the game.

    The thing is blight player using the same addon and perk is not the issue because survivor do the same.

    The external program are the issue i dont play blight very much but i played against him a lot what are the external program help him with?

  • @lovemeplz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656520#Comment_2656520

    The thing is blight player using the same addon and perk is not the issue because survivor do the same.

    The external program are the issue i dont play blight very much but i played against him a lot what are the external program help him with?

    Nah what i mean is that playing vs a normal blight isn't so bad

    It's just that most blight players use a few select addons that really make playing against him either frustrating or just straight up impossible depending on a few things.

    The external program thing is a thing a small section of blight players are doing and it's essentially cheating but they try to go "but it's a tech..." when it's not such a thing

  • https://youtu.be/xSLlZh9yelk


    i litetally cant. First it was spirit and ds. Now its blight? Whats next? Trapper?

  • Where is this mythical land of only blights nurses and spirits, I want to live in that place because at least those killers have more counterplay and engagement than T3 nemesis.

  • A killer that can go from a point of the map to another in less than 10 seconds. What could go wrong right? 🌝... Yes , I'm a biased Blight hater

  • @BadLooperQ said:

    A killer that can go from a point of the map to another in less than 10 seconds. What could go wrong right? 🌝... Yes , I'm a biased Blight hater

    The name checks out.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656481#Comment_2656481

    I’m starting to think you didn’t even read what I said. First off point out where I said “turning rate addons are good.” Second off, DPI does affect the flicks and curves. I play blight on pc and have adjusted my mouse dpi to curve around corners. Having it cranked up let’s you do some dumb things.

    false, cranking your DPI only makes it easier to do what is normally possible. Timing is more important than raw speed. Turn as much as you can, swing, then turn as much as you can again. Higher DPI makes it so you can do this without even realizing you're doling this.

  • So enlighten me with your knowledge oh great player....

  • He's one of the funnest killers to go against. You just have to dead angle him like you do Oni. There are places where he physically can't get you unless he makes a crazy risky read, so take advantage of that.

  • Base Blight is stronger than Base Billy was pre-nerf.

    A Blight using his strongest addons is stronger than a Billy (pre-nerf) using his strongest addons.

    Similar skill ceiling.

    The devs nerf Billy, and then create a killer stronger than he ever was. If that doesn't tell you anything about the DBD balance team, I don't know what will.

    I don't think Base Blight needs a nerf, but his three strongest addons need to be looked at (2 Red addons and purple ring).

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296235/blight-is-so-boring-to-go-against

    Higher dpi does not mean more than 180°, even controller can do hug techs and the up down flick, controller can do the same but people instead of practicing they just complain.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656472#Comment_2656472

    But this comment made me realize you do not know anything about blight if you think turn rate addons are good.

    What is this so called up down flick? I've never heard of it even though I've probably watched every blight guide out there

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656610#Comment_2656610

    I mean, this is literally the argument we've had about swf on comms, which is even more of an external advantage than increasing dpi.

    Nothing has been done about them, and I doubt it will for some time.

    But anyhow, both mouse and controller can max 180° turn. Does this mean Mouse on insane DPI can't do some ######### turns that ######### you over more than a console does (the shorter bumps that a console player would find difficult)? no, it does not.

    But does it make it either uncounterable or OP, no.

    Any footage of the 180 controller flick? Never heard of them without external program

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    Scratch that, PC blights are boring to go against. I’ve just been getting sweaty pc blights with their DPI cranked up, escaped a couple, lost a couple, he’s still boring to go against in the end. Idk why BHVR can’t just adjust his power to not be affected by DPI or to just adjust it to the maximum range console players can curve with it.

    Would changing those things make him less boring, or are you really here crying for blight nerfs because he spanked you one too many times?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @Shenlong1904

    I have a feeling we're gonna get nothing but crickets here.

    As expected

  • I got much better vs blight just by playing him a lot lately. Maybe you should play him a bit too if you struggle

  • Mmm, I wonder why people feel the need to play a strong killer at high mmr? surely the same op meta with coh has nothing to do with it

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    Where is this mythical land of only blights nurses and spirits, I want to live in that place because at least those killers have more counterplay and engagement than T3 nemesis.

    nemmy has such a boring ######### power to go against. You just basically hold w till you get hit 3 times or run the loop till you get "outplayed" by the noodle.


    Meanwhile slinger gets gutted lmao.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657031#Comment_2657031

    I'll try and find some now.

    https://youtu.be/4uTFtAWjyWk

    There you go, after literally 1 minute of searching.

    He turns 180 after the first hit, on controller.

    Fax

    Edit: I hope this is satire please be bait please be bait please be bait

  • Could you give us a list of killers that are not boring to go against? So killers can entertain you better?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657140#Comment_2657140

    That is the most pathetic example I have ever seen in my life. Now show me an example of a proper 180 around a corner. Or hell, show me a proper instant 90+ shoulder flick at the angle Lilith Omen does at 46-49 seconds in this video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhaBFiXDQfg

    Because if you pause it frame by frame the motion is literally within single digit frames, which is extremely important against people with optimal movement. If you pause the clip that you showed frame by frame, the motion is completely different. In fact, even calling it a 90 degree angle is super generous, as you can see the little bit of pre-turning necessary to hit that hit.

    Blight on controller and Blight on MnK are completely different in their maximum capabilities. I have no doubt that there are good Blight mains on controller, but I'm betting they rely more on pure bump logic & map pressure tactics than actual mechanics.

    E: She's completely out of his FoV (with Shadowborn, mind) when he instantly snaps to her position. #########'s crazy. Controller cannot do that.

    Bro thats ######### wild.

  • Honestly. Blight is only boring because EVERY Blight player uses the same build, Ruin+Undying+Tinkerer and usually BBQ. I mean sure, it's a really good build for Blight and it's fairly easy to get rid of Ruin and Undying on some maps. But it's still really boring to face because not only are they using the same perks, they also play the exact same way.

  • I've read a couple of the comments.... and yeah you don't know much about blight as you think you do. The only influence dpi has on flicks now is that how fast you 90 flick. I've cranked my dpi up to 16k and I can't even get a true 180, it's more like a 100 + the extra bit of rush turning at the end. Like DPI influenced flicks got hard patched out along with heli blight.

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    Honestly. Blight is only boring because EVERY Blight player uses the same build, Ruin+Undying+Tinkerer and usually BBQ. I mean sure, it's a really good build for Blight and it's fairly easy to get rid of Ruin and Undying on some maps. But it's still really boring to face because not only are they using the same perks, they also play the exact same way.

    Nah, whenever killers actually follow survivors advise like "just apply pressure", then shortly after threads like this pop up.

    EQPVmn9UUAEUazi.jpg


  • @landromat said:

    Should be killswitched until his exploits are fixed

    Exploits?

    I don’t really mind going against blight personally. He isn’t the most fun, but I don’t find him boring either.

  • @Labrac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656472#Comment_2656472

    Higher DPI just lets you get the same flicks without having to move your mouse through half of your desk, the flick itself is the same in both low and high DPI.

    The fact you think the turning rate addons are good shows you don't really know anything about Blight.

    Hey the turn rate add ons are actually pretty good for playing controller blight

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I made a thing in paint. Drawing simple curved lines with a track pad isn't fun.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0CTBE0M2AMDR/blight-diff.png

    Absolute facts my man. If im playing controller blight and the survivors realise, they just start using them corners like crazy and i then need to change my bump logic and use some hug tech where a pc player could have just flicked slightly better and hit them

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    Honestly. Blight is only boring because EVERY Blight player uses the same build, Ruin+Undying+Tinkerer and usually BBQ. I mean sure, it's a really good build for Blight and it's fairly easy to get rid of Ruin and Undying on some maps. But it's still really boring to face because not only are they using the same perks, they also play the exact same way.

    The thing is its the exact same way for survivors the same meta builds and the same optimal game play so the killers do the same. This of course goes both ways its kind of like the chicken or the egg. The thing is when you play killer its just that the same perks and same tactics just different skins at least as a survivor the killers have some kind of difference between them.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657214#Comment_2657214

    The thing is its the exact same way for survivors the same meta builds and the same optimal game play so the killers do the same. This of course goes both ways its kind of like the chicken or the egg. The thing is when you play killer its just that the same perks and same tactics just different skins at least as a survivor the killers have some kind of difference between them.

    I 100% agree

  • Finally, a new killer ready to be gutted.

  • I would like to see more skill based stuff on survivor holding 1 button to do everything gets kind of boring. When I first started playing survivor skill checks were exciting and I think survivor game play needs some more stuff like that so its not completely dependent on the killer to entertain the survivor.

  • Just give up on hook like i do. Considering the big add on pass last patch buffed his add ons and didn't nerf any of the stupid ones, they clearly think hes fine, so just move on to the next match

  • No. All pro blights that I faced they were on console.

  • Every killer y'all can't bully is BORING

  • I dont like playing against him either, but i don't think he needs any buffs.

  • DPI doesn’t even have anything to do with blight anymore, all you need to do against him is to be less predictable (and you look like the type of person to just hold W against him, which doesn’t do anything

  • @Omans said:

    Base Blight is stronger than Base Billy was pre-nerf.

    A Blight using his strongest addons is stronger than a Billy (pre-nerf) using his strongest addons.

    Similar skill ceiling.

    The devs nerf Billy, and then create a killer stronger than he ever was. If that doesn't tell you anything about the DBD balance team, I don't know what will.

    I don't think Base Blight needs a nerf, but his three strongest addons need to be looked at (2 Red addons and purple ring).

    Iri tag doesn’t need to be changed. It’s a high risk high reward addon, if you miss your 5th rush you have to start the chase all over the beginning

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657031#Comment_2657031

    I'll try and find some now.

    https://youtu.be/4uTFtAWjyWk

    There you go, after literally 1 minute of searching.

    He turns 180 after the first hit, on controller.

    It’s not really a 180 flick. It’s actually a last frame flick. Basically you wait until the end of a rush and lunge, it’s limited on console due to the way sensitivity works, but on pc you can hit 360s with it, and it’s been here since the beginning. But tbh you have to get lucky with the timing and I have never seen anyone use that tech efficiently, and I’m in a discord with pretty much the best blight mains

  • Blight is too easy for how effective he is with the killer meta. When 9 out 10 matches is against Blight, it means there's a huge problem. He's too strong against most teams and it makes it very boring to play an unwinnable match.

  • @Omans said:

    Base Blight is stronger than Base Billy was pre-nerf.

    A Blight using his strongest addons is stronger than a Billy (pre-nerf) using his strongest addons.

    Similar skill ceiling.

    The devs nerf Billy, and then create a killer stronger than he ever was. If that doesn't tell you anything about the DBD balance team, I don't know what will.

    I don't think Base Blight needs a nerf, but his three strongest addons need to be looked at (2 Red addons and purple ring).

    blight is dlc

    new boons also dlc

‹ 1 2