Why are people saying that The Artist is too strong?

I haven't played the PTB but from what I've seen from various streamers, she does not seem close in strength to Blight or Nurse. Are they really complaining about how strong she is or is it just how fun she is to go against?

Side note: Why do I see posts about buffing Overcome and nerfing Hex: Pentimento, am I missing something?

Comments

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2637669#Comment_2637669

    Blight gets more nerf demands than virtually anyone else these days.

    I think we all knew he would be gone after next after Spirit got nerfed :')

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    Because new killer, they don't know how to counter her properly

    That is all

    Like the old Freddy ptb ? Nah dude ….

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2637173#Comment_2637173

    We know this isn't true. We have Nurse, Huntress, Blight, Oni, etc... They are strong and don't receive a lot of hate.

    lol bro, nurse is busted

  • @GannTM said:

    Any killer that can do something viable is OP.

    So I guess huntress, blight, Hag, demo, Twins, Wraith, Doctor, spirit and billy are all in need of nerfs?

  • Because survivors will never be happy...

    Oh, the killer can injure you from across the map, that's nuts!

    But at the same time they'll completely forget that she has to aim and hit you, which is exceptionally difficult, particularly at longer distances.

    Now juxtapose that with one survivor carrying in a boon totem... now all survivors can not only heal themselves, but at a stupidly fast rate. And it's up to the killer to not only chase survivors, damage gens, but find this boon totem too.

    Survivor's who don't play killer refuse to see the killer POV, and will cry about anything/everything they can.

  • Because she's new so some people are in the mindset that new = OP and good

  • @RenRen said:

    I haven't played the PTB but from what I've seen from various streamers, she does not seem close in strength to Blight or Nurse. Are they really complaining about how strong she is or is it just how fun she is to go against?

    Side note: Why do I see posts about buffing Overcome and nerfing Hex: Pentimento, am I missing something?

    Thing is, there were plenty of people claiming Blight didnt have S-tier potential, the counter argument was that people didnt have time to learn the killer properly enough to show why he DOES have S-tier potential.


    This killer is a killer like Blight and Nurse, where they are as powerful as their users are skillful and any ability or addon that doesnt require skill is instantly too powerful(take recharge addons for Nurse, or alchemist ring for Blight, neither take skill to use, both make the killer infinitely easier to play for people who are already skilled at them, which is why those addons have issues).

    In the case of Carmina, it is the crow disintegration timer being reset upon placing another crow which is a bit too powerful. Giving her effectively 30 seconds to place 3 crows before they disintegrate. If that was limited to 10 seconds(aka, you had 10 seconds to place down crows, then you'd be forced to recharge), she'd be fine.

    Now she is effectively a combination of strengths shared by Hag, Twins, Pyramid Head, Doctor while having a Huntress level range.

    Limiting the time she can use her power is gonna be the best way to "nerf" her while still keeping her S-tier.

  • Survivors are not people

  • I don’t really feel like she is. She is fun to face in my opinion.

  • Well, I certainly hope people aren't saying she's OP for her ranged ability, but I agree with passive crows doing damage being too much.

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636413#Comment_2636413

    I don't see how this makes her super strong though. She literally looks like a Pyramid Head that has worse chase but better 1v4. Also her power isn't super spammable so you can't just keep firing crows.

    Same with every new killer people play against them on ptb and say oh she is overpowered nerf her. That's fine but then again if they are gonna be viable then leave them alone then the devs nerf them to crap they become unplayable or only useful against inexperienced or newbie survivors. But then when killer players get a hand on playing the new killers and are doing well with them the survivors moan and devs nerf them even more.

    It's sad really.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Can you beat her? Absolutely.

    But you can't loop her. Like, at all. Ever. So you just have to hold W.

    And i'm not sure if that's something you really want to be encouraging.

    Ok... But with that argument you have to nerf nurse too... She can literally blink on top of ppl. At least artist still has to go around objects and pallets and catch up to you. Again... Nurse just blinks on you. It is beyond me how someone has not brought this comparison to the argument yet.

  • on mobile if a teammate dc's they are replaced by a bot which is different from pc where all your teammates are bots by default- Otzdarva

  • @xili84 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2637180#Comment_2637180

    Ok... But with that argument you have to nerf nurse too... She can literally blink on top of ppl. At least artist still has to go around objects and pallets and catch up to you. Again... Nurse just blinks on you. It is beyond me how someone has not brought this comparison to the argument yet.

    I wasn't arguing for any nerfs. You can beat the Artist, I said as much.

    The method to beat her is boring and lame for literally everyone and that's probably where the complaints are coming from.

    And at least the nurse has to actually aim the blink at you. You literally just walk and place birds and that's it with Artist.

  • @RenRen said:

    I haven't played the PTB but from what I've seen from various streamers, she does not seem close in strength to Blight or Nurse. Are they really complaining about how strong she is or is it just how fun she is to go against?

    Side note: Why do I see posts about buffing Overcome and nerfing Hex: Pentimento, am I missing something?

    She's new. That's the reason. The next killer will have people screaming for nerfs and so on.

  • @ukenicky said:

    Reasons to be worried about her:

    She can potentially injure survivors from anywhere on the map, through walls and obstacles if they are swarmed and get hit by a dire crow. That is nutty

    She can pretty freely scout and harass survivors off of gens or even her hex totem(s) by firing off dire crows towards them. Huge information and set up for injuring survivors who get swarmed with crows

    Using her power correctly in loops creates a situation where survivors either stay in the loop and almost certainly take damage from dire crows OR hold W and leave the loop where she will likely catch up to them and M1 because she is 115% despite her anti loop and ranged attack potential

    She's very strong but we're not allowed to talk about it because killer mains think she will be gutted before hitting live. Regardless, I'm going to acknowledge her potential and discuss it because I'm hype to play as her and she already seems better than most of the cast.

    I'm a killer main and I approve this message.

  • I do too. It's good that there's something out there to discourage the constant running in circles and jumping through windows. Especially, around the shack area.

  • Mainly because she's too strong in the 1v1 and denies any looping at all. She's another trickster where he's so good at what he does in the 1v1 he got nerfed and I expect her to get a nice nerf as well.

  • @RenRen said:

    I haven't played the PTB but from what I've seen from various streamers, she does not seem close in strength to Blight or Nurse. Are they really complaining about how strong she is or is it just how fun she is to go against?

    Side note: Why do I see posts about buffing Overcome and nerfing Hex: Pentimento, am I missing something?

    She is a very strong killer, I'd argue that her potential exceeds Blight.


    She can hit through walls, with unlimited range, and very minimal set-up time, and 3x. That's like pyramid head's power put on steroids. Her base kit also has detection properties.


    I think that whilst it's really easy to make claims now, I think many people are still learning her and not playing optimally enough to dismiss her as not strong.

  • u can say what you want but i say shes too strong because the very strong anti-loop, the cooldown of the crows shot and no loosing speed while doing all the specials.. if 1 Gen left, she just need to shot all 3 gens to locate you!! thats a "LITTLE" bit too strong dont you think so?

1 2 ›