Bhvr is pushing killers to camp and tunnel

It seems like every patch lately they are coming out with something to shut down killer strategies. Killers try to snowball nope CoH will take that, ok well we will slug then yeah we're releasing a anti slug boon. So now the only strategies a killer has is camp and tunnel for pressure or end up with 4 hooks and a 4 man out. I don't understand what they are thinking severely wearing killer strategies but not giving us anything to make up for it. I don't like camping or tunneling but it seem like lately its the only consistent strategy to apply pressure.

Comments

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/294299/bhvr-is-pushing-killers-to-camp-and-tunnel

    my advice is to not focus on a 4k, but instead just having fun. try a meme build without cheap tactics; if you win, that's awesome, if not, you were running a meme build.

    I mean if you actively have to create scenarios that are fun enough for you to enjoy the game. Then either the game has ######### up or you need to move on to something else.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635103#Comment_2635103

    Don't forget. Survivors love to say that chases are the most fun part of the game and then get upset when they only get chased.

    I sincerely believe that a large part of the people that only play survivor whine all the time about anything they dislike. I also feel like these people are more interested in new cosmetics and DbD fashion than having a balanced game.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635073#Comment_2635073

    Why does the killer have to go easy they want to have fun to and that normally doesn't mean a 4 minute game and 2 hooks?

    nshouldn't, sorry, major typo.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635103#Comment_2635103

    Don't forget. Survivors love to say that chases are the most fun part of the game and then get upset when they only get chased.

    That is actually what tunneling is as in chasing one person and having tunnel vision only for them. Its been used for so much else that looking at a survivor will get you accused of tunneling

  • Ok I was like I'm all for having fun but it goes both ways. Survivors are always telling the killer they want to have fun but then never make sure the killer is having fun to

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635121#Comment_2635121

    Ok I was like I'm all for having fun but it goes both ways. Survivors are always telling the killer they want to have fun but then never make sure the killer is having fun to

    yeah, no, that was a big typo on my part.

    I believe people should play in a way that's fun for them, so long as it doesn't compromise the fun of others.

  • @Wraff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2633053#Comment_2633053

    I mean if you actively have to create scenarios that are fun enough for you to enjoy the game. Then either the game has ######### up or you need to move on to something else.

    that's not really what I meant, it's just a suggestion for people who are getting stressed.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/294299/bhvr-is-pushing-killers-to-camp-and-tunnel

    my advice is to not focus on a 4k, but instead just having fun. try a meme build without cheap tactics; if you win, that's awesome, if not, you were running a meme build.

    So youre basically saying that every killer should lose on purpose. Isnt that kinda banable or something? Seems like the Devs want to ban every killer lmao xD


    just joking, couldnt resist for that comment :D

  • @Lordofweed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2633053#Comment_2633053

    So youre basically saying that every killer should lose on purpose. Isnt that kinda banable or something? Seems like the Devs want to ban every killer lmao xD

    just joking, couldnt resist for that comment :D

    I respect the snark.

    I'm glad you get what I really mean, though.

  • As long as the devs force me to play vs coordinated SWF's, I will tunnel and camp every single game.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    It seems like every patch lately they are coming out with something to shut down killer strategies. Killers try to snowball nope CoH will take that, ok well we will slug then yeah we're releasing a anti slug boon. So now the only strategies a killer has is camp and tunnel for pressure or end up with 4 hooks and a 4 man out. I don't understand what they are thinking severely wearing killer strategies but not giving us anything to make up for it. I don't like camping or tunneling but it seem like lately its the only consistent strategy to apply pressure.

    Slugging always has and always will be a high risk high reward strategy. Exponential really doesn't change that at all. If you hear a Boon buzzing maybe don't leave survivors slugged in that area and even then, Unbreakable still exists and people will continue to run that because it is guaranteed without needing to be in range of a Boon.

    Also I like that we are completely ignoring the addition of Grim Embrace, a really solid perk that incentivize Killers leave the hook and try to hook everyone once and spread the pressure for a powerful effect.

    But I get it, we would rather ignore perks that reward stuff like that. Seriously, I wish more people would use Devour Hope or Make Your Choice and hopefully the new Grim Embrace because when you get value off of these it feels so rewarding and satisfying

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/294299/bhvr-is-pushing-killers-to-camp-and-tunnel

    Slugging always has and always will be a high risk high reward strategy. Exponential really doesn't change that at all. If you hear a Boon buzzing maybe don't leave survivors slugged in that area and even then, Unbreakable still exists and people will continue to run that because it is guaranteed without needing to be in range of a Boon.

    Also I like that we are completely ignoring the addition of Grim Embrace, a really solid perk that incentivize Killers leave the hook and try to hook everyone once and spread the pressure for a powerful effect.

    But I get it, we would rather ignore perks that reward stuff like that. Seriously, I wish more people would use Devour Hope or Make Your Choice and hopefully the new Grim Embrace because when you get value off of these it feels so rewarding and satisfying

    Its not just don't slug near a boon if your going to slug most likely because you've seen someone else and are going to pressure them and if you stop and snuff the boon you have to give up the pressure you were going to get to make sure the can't unbreakable so its either give up on a chase and pressure to snuff a boon and make sure the down guy can't get up or leave it and risk them picking them self up is a lose lose for the killer. I don't think is going to be a huge problem though.

    Grim Embrace has to much set up to be reliable. What if there's just that one survivor you can never find there always missing before you get there and playing super stealthy. There is also the chance that by the time you've hook all 4 that there's only 1-2 gens left and will get minimal value at best

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    As long as the devs force me to play vs coordinated SWF's, I will tunnel and camp every single game.

    Swf are my problem with the new boon because it buff ls them because they are the ones who will get the best use from it

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2633427#Comment_2633427

    and the game should have room for that too, but shouldn't a win be rewarding and fun because gameplay is?

    The gameplay gets old when you never win, aka getting rewarded for your game knowledge and skill. If we didn't have such a significant attachment to DBD's gameplay style, ambience, and characters, we would have all left a long time ago, because this is realistically an unpolished trash heap of a game (considering its popularity and crossovers).

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2633430#Comment_2633430

    The gameplay gets old when you never win, aka getting rewarded for your game knowledge and skill. If we didn't have such a significant attachment to DBD's gameplay style, ambience, and characters, we would have all left a long time ago, because this is realistically an unpolished trash heap of a game (considering its popularity and crossovers).

    and that's why we love it! :P

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634684#Comment_2634684

    sorry, I was being incredulous rather than being accurate. I meant more "how can anyone enjoy facecamping? seriously?" sorry for the confusion.

    I can't passively, because I get bored. But I will 100% spite camp if the Survivor used Dead Hard, a flashlight, or teabagged.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634690#Comment_2634690

    I can't passively, because I get bored. But I will 100% spite camp if the Survivor used Dead Hard, a flashlight, or teabagged.

    right, but, facecamp until they're dead? that's my point.

    I get that some people get tilted, and I'll understand that, but I don't understand why anyone would facecamp for no reason.

    I do think patrolling is fine, my issues are with facecamping and BMing, since it's boring.


    like, the last time I hardcore camped was in the ptb because I wanted to see the mori, but I was against a hardcore swf. (I only had one mori and I was pretty desperate to see the mori in person) I had someone slugged and the game was over, so I was waiting for people to leave. I apologized in the end. The people I slugged got out anyways, but one player realized what I was trying to do and helped.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    You're pushing yourself to camp and tunnel nobody else is forcing you to do it.

    Play for fun and stop looking at it like it's your job.

    If you like and feel good getting stomped 8 out of 10 games, fine for you.

    But I enjoy the Game hunting survivors, not Looking them tbagging me at the Gates after play a pallet breaking simulator for the last 5-8 minutes ;)

    If I want to play with wood, I Apply for a job on Ikea, not play a Game.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2633071#Comment_2633071

    I wasn't accusing, and tunneling and camping are legit strategies, but, I think it's best to focus on just having fun.

    (honestly, my main issue with facecamping is that it's boring)

    people have a lot more fun when they feel like they've won once in awhile

  • @Thrax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2633078#Comment_2633078

    people have a lot more fun when they feel like they've won once in awhile

    right.

    I don't have a problem with either as long as everyone's having fun.

  • There is a new generation of players comming to dbd and with that they want to change the game the way its beeing played. The problem atm is that alot of OG players that have thousands of hours into the game can'ty just give up dbd and find a new game.


    Most of us have put alot of hours into this just to see it beeing thrown away.


    I always said it, dbd has a golden goose and could do so much more and have 5 times more players playing this game, but fail to listin to the community

  • the game its in the worst state ever been for sure.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2633065#Comment_2633065

    When someone teabags or flicky macros me, yeah - I take a certain amount of schadenfreude-tastic pleasure in camping them out. Mess with the Bubba, you get the saw.

    The problem with the 'shared storytelling' approach is that it requires both sides to be on the same wavelength. It's pointless to tell killers to relax and have fun when you are facing squad after squad that does nothing but try to get 5gens done as fast as possible while giving the killer minimal chases/hooks and then teabagging you from the exit gates. This seems to be the absolute goal of almost everyone I play against.

    Nobody thanks you for going easy from the start. If anything, you're more likely to be mocked.

    Right now my policy is - go in hard, mess them up early, get ahead and then you can go easy and meme around. This is probably the one and only situation where survivors will be even slightly grateful.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2633066#Comment_2633066

    Job? No.

    It's a competitive multiplayer game.

    The purpose is to win.

    I'm rather tired of being told 'well, the killer should just relax'. It's as unfun to have a seemingly unstoppable 4-out as it is to be camped.

    i agree and yeah "fun", "unfun" and other hoaxes are poor excuses. it's a compititive game which has competitive mechanics like mmr. competitive games are made for competitions and for winning your games, not for fun.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634690#Comment_2634690

    I can't passively, because I get bored. But I will 100% spite camp if the Survivor used Dead Hard, a flashlight, or teabagged.

    If your going out of your way to clicky me and tbag I might tunnel you out I mean they clearly want me to chase them I just do it when I have the advantage. The funny part is like 50% of the time they kill themselves on first hook because they went down.

  • @hiken said:

    the game its in the worst state ever been for sure.

    Yup, prior to MMR, losing as a survivor was okay, there was less tunnel/camp, you could get your 20/25k even when you died, game was fun, every survivors had a chase, some gens and some saves...

    Now trials are way too short, nothing is happening... definitely not the same game as before.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2633053#Comment_2633053

    I don't camp or tunnel so I do eat alot of 4 man outs but its not just about me its the killer side is just losing any press makimg ability. I also want to point out that camping and tunneling aren't cheap tactics they are only seen that way because that is how the community has labeled them. They are legit in game strategies at the killers disposal they just aren't fun but then again neither are the tactics of survivor with gen "rushing" and holding w

    Here's another anti killer change on the way: they're doing something to punish face camping even further. ######### this game

1 2 3 ›