Please REmake Freddy

Please remake Freddy. The old one was way more accurate and unique. Bring something similar to that back.

And bring back the old Quentin face. I feel he looked a bit more like the actor than he does now.

Give Freddy his stretchy arms as an ability.

Comments

  • And bring back the old Quentin face. I feel he looked a bit more like the actor than he does now.

    i don’t think the actor would be happy to hear that. He actually stated on Twitter he is happy that old Quentin got reworked.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    Please remake Freddy. The old one was way more accurate and unique. Bring something similar to that back.

    And bring back the old Quentin face. I feel he looked a bit more like the actor than he does now.

    Give Freddy his stretchy arms as an ability.

    The old Quentin face made him look like a homeless meth addict. I understand Quentin was addicted to Ritalin/Adderall in the movie but his original face made him look 65.

  • Freddy is long overdue for changes. It is about time his rework get reverted and his on-release version makes its grand comeback!

    And I say the same for Quentin!

    @Mooks said:

    And bring back the old Quentin face. I feel he looked a bit more like the actor than he does now.

    i don’t think the actor would be happy to hear that. He actually stated on Twitter he is happy that old Quentin got reworked.

    DBD doesn't have the license for his likeness, does it?

  • I have no issues with current Freddy personally.

  • I have it on good authority Freddy promises not to misuse his testicles if they are returned to him.

  • They probably will never do that sadly

  • old quentin wasn't even shaped like human

  • @GeneralV said:

    Freddy is long overdue for changes. It is about time his rework get reverted and his on-release version makes its grand comeback!

    And I say the same for Quentin!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2626061#Comment_2626061

    DBD doesn't have the license for his likeness, does it?

    No they don’t have it. Doesn’t speak for either version though, since both are very different from the actor. (It’s still a little insulting to say the goblin thing we had looked more like the actor imo..)

  • @ZephanUnbound said:

    I have no issues with current Freddy personally.

    I have an issue: That Dream Pallets are not funny enough. They should be a baseline ability and not add-on dependent.


    Now overall I think that Freddy is good from a balance and tier list standpoint. He has map presence and anti-looping. However he is a boring as hell to play and the only good moments happen in my opinion when I use Dream Pallets and know that a survivor is going down when they think it is safe.

    This should not be the case. A Killer should be fun to play and not depend on map RNG that spawns "good" pallet spawns.


    I would like to see a mixture between the old Freddy and the "new" Freddy which makes him powerful in his own world but weak in the dream world. My main problem is that this should be Freddys identiy: You have no problem while you are awake, he is just a tale to scare children. However once you are asleep you are locked in with that monster who has total control over the realm.

  • He just needs better addons really. Aside from Paintbrush and cooldown reduction everything else ranges from garbage to situational at best. At least give him some more things he can do in the dream world like dream chests or dream totems or something that can affect everyone in the dreamworld in a meaningful way because the only reason why the dreamworld even exists right now is so they can run over your snares.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Freddy is long overdue for changes. It is about time his rework get reverted and his on-release version makes its grand comeback!

    And I say the same for Quentin!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2626061#Comment_2626061

    DBD doesn't have the license for his likeness, does it?

    I doubt they will really just simply revert it but I do hope that same system comes back with some buffs of course. Being the exact same as his old self I don't think will be 100% a good choice. Even though I would prefer that over this current borefest for me.


    I don't think they have the likeness for Quentin but they definitely could. I mean the actor seems open to it. He even said change the face so he probably would. It's up to BHVR to make the move and contact him which I doubt they'll spend their precious time on or something idk.

  • @Thrax said:

    I have it on good authority Freddy promises not to misuse his testicles if they are returned to him.

    Legendary

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I agree.

    But not with quentin. Old quentin just looked very bad. This one looks better. However he is still very unfaithful to the source material. But even then he wasn't much of a developed character. So it doesn't really matter.

    Yeah I'm not saying old Quentin looks good, I'm just saying he looks more like Quentin than current Quentin I think.

  • @Massquwatt said:

    He just needs better addons really. Aside from Paintbrush and cooldown reduction everything else ranges from garbage to situational at best. At least give him some more things he can do in the dream world like dream chests or dream totems or something that can affect everyone in the dreamworld in a meaningful way because the only reason why the dreamworld even exists right now is so they can run over your snares.

    I mean it won't change how inaccurate he is and how boring he is. Obviously it's subjective on what is fun but a lot of people out there do find him extremely boring going against and playing as him.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2626246#Comment_2626246

    No they don’t have it. Doesn’t speak for either version though, since both are very different from the actor. (It’s still a little insulting to say the goblin thing we had looked more like the actor imo..)

    The face shape I think looked more like him while the new one makes him look younger which makes the new one look more like him in that area. It's like you have to mash them together and then change the face shape to look even more like him.

  • I feel like old Quentin returning would disrespect the actor's wishes as well as the actor himself.

    Other than that, I agree. Also give him an add-on that increases his lunge for each survivor in the dream world once he gets his old power back.

  • @glitchboi said:

    I feel like old Quentin returning would disrespect the actor's wishes as well as the actor himself.

    Other than that, I agree. Also give him an add-on that increases his lunge for each survivor in the dream world once he gets his old power back.

    I would just make it so his arm extends more instead of a longer lunge. Like the hitbox gets longer as a cool little reference to the first film.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2628308#Comment_2628308

    I disagree. I think he looked so bad that he wasn't defined to the point where he looked like many things. Goblin. Sleep deprived... drugged. Old man. Now he looks like a 17 year old. He could look more sleep deprived but i imagine that's kind of hard to do. Like i said i really don't think his source material is really much of a developed character anyways so i can't fault behaviour for being unfaithful where's not much to go off of.

    How is there not much to go off of? I mean his entire face is literally on the screen. To me it doesn't matter if he isn't as big of a character. All licenses should be treated well.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2628358#Comment_2628358

    Yeah but i think there's more to it when implementing a character. He probably has less than an hour of screen time in that film. His lobby animations are kind of generic because what else should it be. When re-creating a character i believe some artists take inspiration from many pieces of source material.

    I mean he still has better animations so how than every RE character.

  • I concur with others above: bring back OG Freddy (plus or minus a few tweeks maybe), but not Quentin.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2628358#Comment_2628358

    Yeah but i think there's more to it when implementing a character. He probably has less than an hour of screen time in that film. His lobby animations are kind of generic because what else should it be. When re-creating a character i believe some artists take inspiration from many pieces of source material.

    But he has one of the best ‚sittin at the campfire‘ animation of all the survs.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2628331#Comment_2628331

    I would just make it so his arm extends more instead of a longer lunge. Like the hitbox gets longer as a cool little reference to the first film.

    That would be cool too.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2626246#Comment_2626246

    I doubt they will really just simply revert it but I do hope that same system comes back with some buffs of course. Being the exact same as his old self I don't think will be 100% a good choice. Even though I would prefer that over this current borefest for me.

    I don't think they have the likeness for Quentin but they definitely could. I mean the actor seems open to it. He even said change the face so he probably would. It's up to BHVR to make the move and contact him which I doubt they'll spend their precious time on or something idk.

    "I doubt they will really just simply revert it but I do hope that same system comes back with some buffs of course. Being the exact same as his old self I don't think will be 100% a good choice. Even though I would prefer that over this current borefest for me."

    We share the same line of thought.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2628375#Comment_2628375

    But he has one of the best ‚sittin at the campfire‘ animation of all the survs.

    Agreed. I love how he almost falls asleep.

  • Y'know, I remember someone suggesting the perk Pharmacy should be change to whenever you open chests, every item you get will just be med-kits.

  • @GillyBeannn said:

    Y'know, I remember someone suggesting the perk Pharmacy should be change to whenever you open chests, every item you get will just be med-kits.

    Ehhh. I don't know. I mean it could work. I would make it more in your control. Like you actually choose if it's a medkit and and the first one is always green and then after always brown or a random other item but make the chance for higher rarity items slightly higher to even make that worth it.