How long are we going to have to wait for Boon nerfs ?

Boon totems are making killer games absolutely miserable when they’re abused. Circle of healing is absolutely broken, the fact that I can hit someone while carrying a survivor and they be healed up ready to unhook said survivor in a instant. I really hope they go down the road of making boons a limited use like Hex’s, having 3-4 survivors be able to activate a boon totem each and having to snuff out 4 of them wastes so much time and they can just bless it again when they please.

Comments

  • @yougotexposed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634430#Comment_2634430

    and… killers got stronger since 2017??? So your issue was never because boons were actually “op”. It’s cause it annoys you that survivors which you deem OP get a perk that aids them?

    That’s not how balance works.. again.

    Its not that I deem... it's factual that survivors are overpowered. There has been one good thing since comp dbd was a thing and that's proving how busted survivors are even with limiters to what they can run. And sure killers got stronger but its more bandaid fixes than actual buffs.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634434#Comment_2634434

    Yes but how many times will you be able to have a slug and hook on survivors that constantly spread out? Almost never

    If that seems impossible for you then that explains your point of view

    Regardless of how possible you find it to accomplish pushing them off. The survivors time is only valuable if they are on gens.

    If no survivors are on gens then you can do whatever you want as killer. You will never lose. So you can't say that at that point their time is 4x as valluable. Can you?

    The less survivors on gens the less valuable their time becomes as gens are their only escape route. It's not rocket science.

  • One suggestion would be to increase the duration of blessing boons and having it affected by Thana. Or maybe have a limit of 2 boon perks standing at the same time and not more than that. The healing speed and shadow step abilities are perfectly balanced.

  • @landromat said:

    Inb4 boons are fine comment

    YoU jUsT nEeD tO aDaPt

    do bones

  • @Artick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623850#Comment_2623850

    Ironically, yes. It is past time killer mains actually adapted to something instead of screaming until they get it their way.

    You mean like survivor mains were screaming about old undying

  • Are they nerfed yet?

  • When the bones get permanently destroyed by the killer stomping them, then this will be a valid argument

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634572#Comment_2634572

    When the bones get permanently destroyed by the killer stomping them, then this will be a valid argument

    Excellent username btw

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2627755#Comment_2627755

    The problem is that you assume you should be able to pull out a win regardless of circumstances. I will repeat what every killer doesn't seem to understand. You can't win the all. Sometimes you lose. Accept that it's not because of a single perk, but because of an entire game that got you into this situation. NOED gets killers undeserved kills all the time. Deal with it.

    I don't expect to win every game, but it's annoying to lose against survivors who gets carried by perks and items...

    There is something survivors don't seems to understand. Killers want to have fun too, you are not playing against AI. They use most broken ######### and then are suprised when killer starts to tunnel.

    Sorry, you argument doesn't change in any way that CoH is broken.

    "Oh no, you should just get used to losing."

    Nope

    "regardless of circumstances"

    The #########, you think that one perk should be enough to justify killer losing? How does that makes sense, it's supposed to be contest of skill, not contest who brings better perks.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634435#Comment_2634435

    Or... Ignore the perk entirely unless you come across it, and focus on downing the person you're chasing. There is no compulsion demanding you drop everything to make sure survivors can't heal in half the time. BTW, the time it took to cast the boon and to heal... Is how long it takes to self care, basically. It's really not worth running aside from the novelty of it.

    Well, you are just wrong here.

    You completely ignore the fact that you also gives that effect to every other survivor. CoH is basically two perks, so whenever boon is active, survivors have 23 perks total...

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2624077#Comment_2624077

    You mean like survivor mains were screaming about old undying

    Both sides are screaming and both sides are always blaming the other side. It just changes based on current updates.

    Then you have NOED criers, those never stop.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634403#Comment_2634403

    Every. Single. Time. It takes barely any time to snuff out. For the most part, they aren't worth running. You waste more time trying to keep one up on a totem than you would just using self care.

    So why are they meta? I see two survivors at least with them every game. They are OP and need to go.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634436#Comment_2634436

    If that seems impossible for you then that explains your point of view

    Regardless of how possible you find it to accomplish pushing them off. The survivors time is only valuable if they are on gens.

    If no survivors are on gens then you can do whatever you want as killer. You will never lose. So you can't say that at that point their time is 4x as valluable. Can you?

    The less survivors on gens the less valuable their time becomes as gens are their only escape route. It's not rocket science.

    1x survivors is on hook, 1x is going for unhook, 2x are on gens.

    Killer is searching for boon totem, then you have 0 killers chasing and protecting gens.

    You see how it matters? Killer can't do both. Whenever he decided to deal with boon, he lost chase, or he is leaving gens. Survivors should always have 1 on gen, if they don't, they ######### up.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634398#Comment_2634398

    I don't expect to win every game, but it's annoying to lose against survivors who gets carried by perks and items...

    There is something survivors don't seems to understand. Killers want to have fun too, you are not playing against AI. They use most broken ######### and then are suprised when killer starts to tunnel.

    Sorry, you argument doesn't change in any way that CoH is broken.

    "Oh no, you should just get used to losing."

    Nope

    "regardless of circumstances"

    The #########, you think that one perk should be enough to justify killer losing? How does that makes sense, it's supposed to be contest of skill, not contest who brings better perks.

    DS is used because most killers tunnel. BT gets used because most killers camp. DH gets used because it's the only exhaustion perks you can control. Please list any other "broken" survivor perks so I can tell you what killers do to make them get run. It's your behavior that made the meta.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634468#Comment_2634468

    1x survivors is on hook, 1x is going for unhook, 2x are on gens.

    Killer is searching for boon totem, then you have 0 killers chasing and protecting gens.

    You see how it matters? Killer can't do both. Whenever he decided to deal with boon, he lost chase, or he is leaving gens. Survivors should always have 1 on gen, if they don't, they ######### up.

    Yes and in that moment the killers time is twice as valuable as survivors. Not a constant 4 times as people here so often say.

    Also I don't go looking for boons. I deal with them if i hear them. At the very worst i might go to a totem spot i know if i notice survivors scratchmarks dissapearing but that's about it. But most of the time i don't go out of my way to find them.

    I especially wouldn't go looking for boons with only a single survivor on hook and 2-3 potential survivors on gens. When a survivor is on hook is the prime time to pressure. Then you don't go totem hunting.

    Aimlessly wandering looking for boons with how much of a time pressure killers have does seem like a good way to lose.

  • All you have to do as a Survivor is bless 1 totem when you spawn in then touch gen for diversion tactic. Now run to the other map do gen and if it goes out you light up one on the side you are on. With COH&SS you avoid the BBQ if he downs a teammate. Then run back and re-light. The killer role doesn't stand much of a chance. I've pulled it off one too many times to know it works.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634637#Comment_2634637

    DS is used because most killers tunnel. BT gets used because most killers camp. DH gets used because it's the only exhaustion perks you can control. Please list any other "broken" survivor perks so I can tell you what killers do to make them get run. It's your behavior that made the meta.

    Unbreakable (with DS of course), CoH, toolboxes, med-kits is good start...

    It's not true that DH is only exhaustion perk you can control, I like Lithe with WoO... You just want it, because it's easy.

    I can say it's your behavior that made killers to tunnel and camp...

    Fact is that you use second chance perks with an excuse that you need (because of killer of course)


    I don't care about BT, unless you try to annoy me with it, then I will wait for you... you had option to leave.

    I don't care about DS after nerfs, because it's hard to abuse.

    DH is annoying when I get validated, because I have under 30 ms, so I just don't feel it's deserved...


    CoH and 4x medkits is just pain and main reason why I stopped playing killers that much, it negates hit&run and 3-gen tactic and I just don't want to tunnel each game, it's boring.

    Another reasons are just SBMM, Boon mechanic and some undeserved killer nerfs...

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634649#Comment_2634649

    Yes and in that moment the killers time is twice as valuable as survivors. Not a constant 4 times as people here so often say.

    Also I don't go looking for boons. I deal with them if i hear them. At the very worst i might go to a totem spot i know if i notice survivors scratchmarks dissapearing but that's about it. But most of the time i don't go out of my way to find them.

    I especially wouldn't go looking for boons with only a single survivor on hook and 2-3 potential survivors on gens. When a survivor is on hook is the prime time to pressure. Then you don't go totem hunting.

    Aimlessly wandering looking for boons with how much of a time pressure killers have does seem like a good way to lose.

    I usually don't have time to snuff them ever, unless those survivors put them next to gen, or I hooked survivors next to it.

    My main issue with boons is that there is little reason for a killer to snuff them, it's just not worth it to lose chase or leave gens for it.

    And it's not like those effects are small, CoH is broken imo and there is just no way to get rid of it unless you tunnel that player.


    We usually use 2 players with CoH, so there is always at least 1 active and it's just OP when everyone can heal alone.

  • Have to be honest, i have yet to see a game with survivors, that actually use them properly.

  • But.. but.. do bones..

    /S

  • They just need to make snuffing a boon out break the totem, then they'll be fine since they will be strong but on a limited resource.

  • Not happening, they will nerfed killers and killer perks to the ground, lmao

  • The wait times to even get into a game are getting slower & slower for survivors. Why do you think that is? This game favors survivors more than killers now, but without killers, this game isn't playable.

    There was a time I complained my ass off about OP killers, but definitely haven't in a while. Especially not now. That boone totem has changed the game. Killers can't keep the pressure anymore. I've seen people place multiple Boones in a game. Hell I've even seen 2-3 players placing Boones at the same time. I can't tell you how many 4k surviving wins I've been in lately. It shouldn't be this easy. Where's the challenge?

    I've been trying killer just to see how strong it is & it's very strong. Little to know scratch marks, people off the hook being healed within 20 seconds, people healing mid chase, all while some commit hard to gens. You can go waste your time snuffing all the totems placed, but why would you want to while gens are popping left & right. They'll just place another right after you snuff it out.

    The gen rush mixed with the constant healing is insane. It's actually too easy to survive now. Unless you go against noob survivors or people with no communication, you don't stand a chance. Anybody saying otherwise just loves it being easy.

  • I don't agree with all the woe is me, a tortured killer main type juice most drink on here...


    But I would like to see see those bones go crunch under the Killer's foot and be demolished. Let the Boons be strong effects, but let the Killers actually destroy the totem. And I mean this would also be a nice punch to the face of NOED, and I don't think anyone would mind that as well.

  • BoOn ToTeMs ArE A GoOd ThInG FoR KiLlErS It MeAnS ThEyRE NoT On A GeN

  • @naughtylittlekiller said:

    The wait times to even get into a game are getting slower & slower for survivors. Why do you think that is? This game favors survivors more than killers now, but without killers, this game isn't playable.

    There was a time I complained my ass off about OP killers, but definitely haven't in a while. Especially not now. That boone totem has changed the game. Killers can't keep the pressure anymore. I've seen people place multiple Boones in a game. Hell I've even seen 2-3 players placing Boones at the same time. I can't tell you how many 4k surviving wins I've been in lately. It shouldn't be this easy. Where's the challenge?

    I've been trying killer just to see how strong it is & it's very strong. Little to know scratch marks, people off the hook being healed within 20 seconds, people healing mid chase, all while some commit hard to gens. You can go waste your time snuffing all the totems placed, but why would you want to while gens are popping left & right. They'll just place another right after you snuff it out.

    The gen rush mixed with the constant healing is insane. It's actually too easy to survive now. Unless you go against noob survivors or people with no communication, you don't stand a chance. Anybody saying otherwise just loves it being easy.

    Queue times are every day longer when i play survivor. It's incredible, there are a few killers left and soon there will be none.

    I should check in my old comments but i have predicted that DbD would be pretty much dead by the end of the year in its current state.

    Queue times are so long & killer gameplay is so impossible that i will soon stop to play completely.

  • @Feyd said:

    On killer side, i couldn't care less about circle of healing. Shadow step is the good one. Either way, Evey cast is 16 seconds they aren't on a gen.

    16 seconds is nothing compared to having to break chase to snuff a boon.

  • @SomberNokk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2623859#Comment_2623859

    16 seconds is nothing compared to having to break chase to snuff a boon.

    Have you considered... Not breaking the chase? Do you think the totem gives them super powers and the ability to walk through walls? Make a note of it and snuff it next time you're passing by. It just let's people heal a little faster. It's not a big deal.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2637453#Comment_2637453

    Have you considered... Not breaking the chase? Do you think the totem gives them super powers and the ability to walk through walls? Make a note of it and snuff it next time you're passing by. It just let's people heal a little faster. It's not a big deal.

    "cuts healing times in half"

    "a little faster"


    The survivor boon downplay is real.

  • No, just ######### Black list damn discord for this game. Its a third party program that gives an unfair advantage to the people tha dont use it, and the devs stated a lot of times that the game is not balanced around people with voice chat.

  • @DatFastBoi said:

    Do bones

    this will make sense when the totem breaks after the killer snuffs it.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2638592#Comment_2638592

    this will make sense when the totem breaks after the killer snuffs it.

    wish they would fr

  • @Toastyy said:

    Boon totems are making killer games absolutely miserable when they’re abused. Circle of healing is absolutely broken, the fact that I can hit someone while carrying a survivor and they be healed up ready to unhook said survivor in a instant. I really hope they go down the road of making boons a limited use like Hex’s, having 3-4 survivors be able to activate a boon totem each and having to snuff out 4 of them wastes so much time and they can just bless it again when they please.

    The totems aren't that good. It takes 3 team heals and 5 self heals before they become time efficient. When they came out, I only saw them played 1 out of every 2 matches. Now I'm seeing them played about 1 out of every 3 to 4 matches. There's no need to nerf perks that survivors don't really care about anyway.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/293340/how-long-are-we-going-to-have-to-wait-for-boon-nerfs

    The totems aren't that good. It takes 3 team heals and 5 self heals before they become time efficient. When they came out, I only saw them played 1 out of every 2 matches. Now I'm seeing them played about 1 out of every 3 to 4 matches. There's no need to nerf perks that survivors don't really care about anyway.

    CoH is op my man, stop with this "Boons not op, take time to place" agenda and accept that these perks are busted. It's a free heal for the whole team that wiped, and yes wiped, a whole playstyle. Not op, pls no nerf

  • @Toastyy said:

    Boon totems are making killer games absolutely miserable when they’re abused. Circle of healing is absolutely broken, the fact that I can hit someone while carrying a survivor and they be healed up ready to unhook said survivor in a instant. I really hope they go down the road of making boons a limited use like Hex’s, having 3-4 survivors be able to activate a boon totem each and having to snuff out 4 of them wastes so much time and they can just bless it again when they please.

    Think they need to address this soon,it is the biggest single bone of contention with killers and even some survivors.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2624113#Comment_2624113

    At least powerful enough that survivors will lose if they dont work together. People have this opinion that if the killer downs you, he's op. He's not. If you lead him on a good chase that your team did gens you came out on top. But people only see from their perspective. They see they got caught and claim "killer op, not fun, plz nerf"

    Considering you cant get people to value their lives enough to do Pinheads box, asking people to work together is simply asking too much.

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2624116#Comment_2624116

    Considering you cant get people to value their lives enough to do Pinheads box, asking people to work together is simply asking too much.

    Then if the devs balance the game so 1 survivor can beat the killer then the game will actually break.

  • They should do nothing until they have adressed hackers/ddos/doxxing problems. I have not played this game for a few days now and I'm not sure when or if I will continue. Nerf this or buff that don't feel important right now.

1 2 3 ›