Okay, AFK players are an actual problem right now.

Everyday I'm getting a lot of killers and survivors just AFK. The frequency is no joke too I have never seen the game get this much AFK players throughout the years.

And these guys aren't getting punished for it. It's not fun for the unfortunate people in the match and they have their time wasted. I don't know if In game reporting does anything since I'm pretty sure it's just a blanket to comfort people and use it to vent.

No leniency. Suspend them for a whole day and escalate from there.

Comments

  • I couldn't blame them. Higher MMR is basically just the antithesis of fun.

    That being said, I've encountered approximately 0 AFK players since the Anniversary Event.

  • Everyday I just get people that DC. Makes playing the game so much fun, said no one.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I couldn't blame them. Higher MMR is basically just the antithesis of fun.

    That being said, I've encountered approximately 0 AFK players since the Anniversary Event.

    Please avoid using high MMR when none knows his exact MMR. Based on forum topics almost everyone thinks he is godlike player.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606281#Comment_2606281

    Please avoid using high MMR when none knows his exact MMR. Based on forum topics almost everyone thinks he is godlike player.

    It is acceptable to use it in this context because high-skill DBD is universally understood to be very unfun and boring, ergo, it makes sense to avoid it at all costs

  • @Myla said:

    Everyday I'm getting a lot of killers and survivors just AFK. The frequency is no joke too I have never seen the game get this much AFK players throughout the years.

    And these guys aren't getting punished for it. It's not fun for the unfortunate people in the match and they have their time wasted. I don't know if In game reporting does anything since I'm pretty sure it's just a blanket to comfort people and use it to vent.

    No leniency. Suspend them for a whole day and escalate from there.

    Personally i wouldn't say the afk people are the problem, the real problem is the dumb sbmm which they should've never put in this game.

    You had afk persons with the old matchmaking but that was indeed less than you have now.

    Unfortunately bhvr rarely listen to the community and just do whatever they want, even if it means destroying the game.

    If they had said we will test sbmm for a few months and will see if it works or not, and actually listen to what the people say during that time.

    If it doesn't work or the majority of the people think it should not be in this game, than they should remove it.

    But unfortunately they said the implemented sbmm and that it is gonna stay 🤦🏻‍♂️

  • Last time I reported a cheater with every evidence they wanted attached they didn't reply until it was two weeks later asking for more details and I couldn't care at that point, I don't have the autobiography of every cheater I found in a folder somewhere would be doable if they replied the next day but two weeks? Ya no. I'm not gonna do the same thing for every AFK players I come across. They might as well start paying me for doing their job for their worthless report system in post game interface.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/291703/okay-afk-players-are-an-actual-problem-right-now

    Personally i wouldn't say the afk people are the problem, the real problem is the dumb sbmm which they should've never put in this game.

    You had afk persons with the old matchmaking but that was indeed less than you have now.

    Unfortunately bhvr rarely listen to the community and just do whatever they want, even if it means destroying the game.

    If they had said we will test sbmm for a few months and will see if it works or not, and actually listen to what the people say during that time.

    If it doesn't work or the majority of the people think it should not be in this game, than they should remove it.

    But unfortunately they said the implemented sbmm and that it is gonna stay 🤦🏻‍♂️

    Ah yes. Justifying people for wasting everyone's time in the match because SBMM. SBMM is not the problem. This is the only the game I have come across that protects people who ruins game for other people Jesus Christ.

  • Lot of afk players, killers and survivors... Which are actually bots farming shards.

    Selling account economy.

  • bots farm shards and sell account for a price cheaper than the survivor/killer expansion pack :/

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606281#Comment_2606281

    Please avoid using high MMR when none knows his exact MMR. Based on forum topics almost everyone thinks he is godlike player.

    I certainly agree that the forums seem to be filled with a large percentage of the highest MMR players.

    Even Otz doesn't compete at the level some on here claim to be.

    Imagine the ego it takes to self apply a high ranking to an invisible number.

  • I wish the bots from the tutorials could be swapped in when someone DC's or is AFK. I often get important phone calls or unannounced visitors and have to go AFK for a few minutes.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606290#Comment_2606290

    It is acceptable to use it in this context because high-skill DBD is universally understood to be very unfun and boring, ergo, it makes sense to avoid it at all costs

    It can be unfun and boring at any level. A single mistake is more than enough to win/ruin game and make it boring.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606423#Comment_2606423

    But some of us our highly skilled and max MMR ? And have very fair opinions...? It's not hard to know if you're max MMR or not. You'll get hackers daily that hold you hostage. Especially if you stream

    Certainly is fair and true. And I respect many opinions of those on the forums. Especially those I have seen for 2 years as a member and 3 years as a reader.

    But, I just struggle believing everyone on here is Otz or Cope.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606444#Comment_2606444

    Of course not. But it's hard to be. Otz has like 9000 hours. Where some here might be 2000. That's more then double the experience in game.

    It doesn't mean that they can't see the imbalances in maps, gen speeds, ans pallets though.

    No, I don't mean they can't. I just believe many also fail to acknowledge their own misplays and like to blame it on MMR. And I always ask, do you win more than you lose as killer? Only 2 people have ever answered.

    I saw a post where a person said they had 200 hours as killer and they were "high MMR". Sorry, but I can't help but be skeptical.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606472#Comment_2606472

    Im coming up on 2k hours. But some of my killers are max MMR. As mentioned..I get hackers who never lose almost daily. 3 times yesterday alone. I still don't pretend to be Otz. But it's more then enough experience to have opinions and know what set ups are bullshit that frequently spawn.

    Anyways. To answer your question. It's a mix grab bag of what happens really. On how my games go. It's hard to answer because there's a lot of variables. But to give a concrete answer of sorts. No I certainly don't win as much as before. And certainly can't play as fair now adays.

    That's fair, and yours is an opinion I respect. I agree that if you want to maintain that high MMR you have to be more ruthless. I personally don't care anymore.

    Idk what my MMR would be. I know I played for 4 years and watch more streams than anyone I know. It's on at work lurking, then on when home on my big screen, just as I do my daily life. So I see and hear a lot.

    I think the game is pretty well balanced currently. Bad RNG happens to both sides and certainly can swing the odds.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606281#Comment_2606281

    Please avoid using high MMR when none knows his exact MMR. Based on forum topics almost everyone thinks he is godlike player.

    Low MMR player dont AFK cause they can have fun

    High MMR player does it way more often because the gameplay there aint fun at all

  • @ObscurityDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606290#Comment_2606290

    Low MMR player dont AFK cause they can have fun

    High MMR player does it way more often because the gameplay there aint fun at all

    My experience disagrees with u. I saw AFK, ragequit and all other stuff even with players less than 40h. Tilt has nothing to do with skill.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606504#Comment_2606504

    I personally don't even feel gen speeds are too bad by themselves. I feel it's the maps/number of pallets that are a problem. Most maps are pretty broken. If survivors know how to run them. I'll run through a few quick

    Badhams - I feel they're pretty imbalanced. Especially when the right windows are open. Where do you chase ? The killer shack you can see through ? The house of pain ? The 2 story with windows open ? The school with god pallets upstairs and downstairs ? On top of sheer size.

    Coldwinds - hard to see auras/through the corn, etc etc. To be fair. I think they would be somewhat balanced (outside fractured and some other set ups) if they reduced the mass lot of space and made them smaller. But I had one the other day that spawned a jungle gym to cow tree, to LT, to hay loop, to killer shack, to jungle gym. What do you do with that setup unless you're nurse, spirit, Huntress maybe. It was absolutely disgusting

    Hadonhell

    Rpd 

    That's 12 maps just making a short list that are issues. Autohaven and macmillans have the most balanced maps. But that's iffy too. Since you have things like groaning Storehouse.

    I certainly agree, that given equal skill, maps and rng are often the deciding factor in who wins.

    Honestly, I'd play Auto Wreckers and Macmillans on loop all day either role. My two favorite maps.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606523#Comment_2606523

    Yeap same. Even some of the more balanced maps can spawn disgusting set ups (see coal tower) But I'd take playing on it 50 times a day over anything else.

    In fact. There's a video on YT floating around of me titled something like "streamer gets ran for 5 gens" because he had good set ups and predictions and I committed because I had already lost(on coal tower). And I'm still just not a good billy at some tiles. Despite being able to curve quite well

    I just found it humorous because they thought putting strimmir in the title would make their video better. It's like bruh..No one knows who I am. I just started and average maybe 8 people. It's not like you ran otz for 5 gens. Nor ran me for 5 gens with a killer I'm good at 🤣

    Yeah, people like to hate on streamers for some reason. I will have to check you out. I prefer small communities. Like I said, I tend to lurk a lot and watch from a distance.

    Same name?

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606348#Comment_2606348

    Ah yes. Justifying people for wasting everyone's time in the match because SBMM. SBMM is not the problem. This is the only the game I have come across that protects people who ruins game for other people Jesus Christ.

    I see where you get the idea that i justify the afk persons, i clearly missed to place the word "real" in the first sentence.

    The afk people are not the real problem is what it should've been, my mistake for doing 2 things at the same time and not reading before posting.

    But yeah i don't justify it at all, my point is that more people are doing it because of the sbmm.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606568#Comment_2606568

    Na. Sadly it was taken. I use my name. So it's Coty_Baker/ttv

    Same. I enjoy smaller streamers who can interact with their community. Like I like Otz. But he can't do that. So I like watching others who can answer questions if I have any. Maybe about certain killers, etc

    Exactly, I hate getting lost in chat. Plus they don't need my support. I will swing by!

  • First DC penalty needs to be 30 minutes like SMITE is/was.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606590#Comment_2606590

    See you there at some point ! The folks who watch me so far are very lovely. So it's a good community I'm proud of having

    Awesome!!! I love to hear it!! I enjoy positive supportive communities!!

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606387#Comment_2606387

    I see where you get the idea that i justify the afk persons, i clearly missed to place the word "real" in the first sentence.

    The afk people are not the real problem is what it should've been, my mistake for doing 2 things at the same time and not reading before posting.

    But yeah i don't justify it at all, my point is that more people are doing it because of the sbmm.

    I mean it's pretty obviously people are doing it for sbmm. Regardless there should be no leniency for this type of behavior there is almost no excuse for this unlike DCs.

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606570#Comment_2606570

    I mean it's pretty obviously people are doing it for sbmm. Regardless there should be no leniency for this type of behavior there is almost no excuse for this unlike DCs.

    Yeah i know and i agree, there should be a harsh punishment for these things.

    I too hate it when it happens, so i just go and rush through the gens and get out asap and in to the next.

    But a punishment for being afk should definitely happen.

  • Killers don't get punished for afk because it's what most survivors want. Only a few report because it's the perfect game. Do gens, shift w, vault repeatedly, click your flashlight at the killer, taint slide for the full egc.

    Why would they ever report what is essentially a dream match?

  • Don't blame players for following the incentive, blame MMR for creating the incentive.

  • AFK players? Really? Thats what this is about? I've experienced none of that but lots of cheating/hackers.

  • @Myla said:

    Everyday I'm getting a lot of killers and survivors just AFK. The frequency is no joke too I have never seen the game get this much AFK players throughout the years.

    And these guys aren't getting punished for it. It's not fun for the unfortunate people in the match and they have their time wasted. I don't know if In game reporting does anything since I'm pretty sure it's just a blanket to comfort people and use it to vent.

    No leniency. Suspend them for a whole day and escalate from there.

    High mmr is hell for killer true you have no way to know when you have an high mmr but in my experience the 2 or 3 map offering survivor bring in a row is a good example of high mmr

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606281#Comment_2606281

    Please avoid using high MMR when none knows his exact MMR. Based on forum topics almost everyone thinks he is godlike player.

    Any level of MMR is potentially too high for someone. In this context, anyone AFKing is likely trying to lower their own score in order to get to easier levels.

    Unfortunately for them, the old rank system had safeguards against deliberate de-ranking. Even with how bare-bones EBMM is, I'd be surprised if there's not something similar soft-locking MMR drops.

  • Issue I've seen, from playing both roles, survivors just give up the moment the killer gains any momentum.

    Two survivor games yesterday my teammates ran to the killer after being unhooked. DC on first down (with 1 gen left btw), and killed themselves on hook.

    My first Huntress game, after two hatchet hits the entire team but one Bill start jumping in and out of lockers. Killed the 3 and let the Bill get hatch. Bill was the only one trying to play.

    Yes, I've also had a couple killers DC when the game wasn't going their way. I find those amusing and other survivors are also laughing in chat. When a teammate quits/DCs the game doesn't end. In my view, three survivors just got the shaft because one couldn't take it.

    If you're not capable of toughing out hard matches them don't play.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606468#Comment_2606468

    No, I don't mean they can't. I just believe many also fail to acknowledge their own misplays and like to blame it on MMR. And I always ask, do you win more than you lose as killer? Only 2 people have ever answered.

    I saw a post where a person said they had 200 hours as killer and they were "high MMR". Sorry, but I can't help but be skeptical.

    I've seen several small-time streamers (not anyone from here or any names I'll mention) who claim to be high or max MMR and then watched their stream to see if that's something that can be observed. It generally seems to be extremely average gameplay bolstered with extremely strong perks/addons and a zero-fun-allowed playstyle. But the chases on either side in terms of how quickly they can end them/make them last is really nothing special.

    But then the people they're up against do seem tough to beat, and their queues seem longer than the norm so maybe they are up there. In which case determination to win probably plays as much if not more of a role than "skill".