Dead Hard, Buff or Not?

Well, either Dead Hard is getting a big time buff (to how it was before Dedicated Servers) or it's not getting changed at all.

From the Bugfix Patch Notes:

Dead Hard.PNG Dead Hard 2.PNG

This means Dead Hard will either be stronger than before or nothing will change. What's your bet?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • Finaly at least it will work more often, it was broken completely

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592045#Comment_2592045

    Its already been added for pallet interactions, vaults and many special attack hits for months now. Today its gonna be on Dead Hard as well

    Afaik vaults and special attacks are still killer-client?

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592097#Comment_2592097

    You can tell yourself night is day, but that still doesn't change anything. DH was always intended to be server-sided; they announced that before servers even went live. They have always indicated many interactions, including pallets, grabs, stuns, and others were designed with The Killer being the authority would eventually see changes based on servers. For too long, Survivors have endured everything being killer-sided. That was never fair and provided a tremendous advantage to The Killer.

    And yet, Survivors seem to be doing just fine, don't they?

    This was an objective buff that Survivors didn't really need. There was already heated debate over Dead Hard and it's power level compared to other Exhaustion perks.

    Unless this is a precursor to a nerf, it didn't need to haopen.

    Also, if you live in a place without a server and BHVR shifts everything to be server-sided, you're screwed.

  • It's a bug fix. Hopefully, now they can accurately determine if it's overperforming or not.

  • Lmao not calling it a buff is being disingenuous as #########, the same people that didn't call a buff the hit validation on pallets. Let's make the best exhaustion perk even better, what could go wrong. I'm already hesitating to hit survivors that deadhard, hear the sound of the hit and have to eat the animation when the survivor is on the other side of the map.

    They said they were going to fix that btw, i guess they are not in a hurry.

  • @H1GHLVND3R said:

    Finaly at least it will work more often, it was broken completely

    It worked 98% of the time for me.

  • @Trwth said:

    It's a bug fix. Hopefully, now they can accurately determine if it's overperforming or not.

    I doubt they'll do anything, but I'd like to be wrong.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592143#Comment_2592143

    I doubt they'll do anything, but I'd like to be wrong.

    Same. That's just my theory as to why it remained unchanged after all this time.

  • @vacaman said:

    Lmao not calling it a buff is being disingenuous as #########, the same people that didn't call a buff the hit validation on pallets. Let's make the best exhaustion perk even better, what could go wrong. I'm already hesitating to hit survivors that deadhard, hear the sound of the hit and have to eat the animation when the survivor is on the other side of the map.

    They said they were going to fix that btw, i guess they are not in a hurry.

    But it's not a buff. It'll make the perk work more consistently, but the fact that it didn't do that before was a problem, not a balancing decision.

    After this, maybe it'll be the case that Dead Hard is way too strong and will need a nerf- but how could they possibly know that if they're trying to balance a perk with a glaring inconsistency error?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592118#Comment_2592118

    And yet, Survivors seem to be doing just fine, don't they?

    This was an objective buff that Survivors didn't really need. There was already heated debate over Dead Hard and it's power level compared to other Exhaustion perks.

    Unless this is a precursor to a nerf, it didn't need to haopen.

    Also, if you live in a place without a server and BHVR shifts everything to be server-sided, you're screwed.

    Survivor players are tolerant and resilient, for years they have endured EVERYTHING being managed exclusively and authoritatively on the killer client. However, does that mean we never needed servers? Does everything still have to be managed on the killer-side in this game? If you live in a place without a server, you have an incredible advantage as is. Your hits will almost always prevail, even at 500 ming. This is a massive and powerful advantage killer players have over survivors. So yes I do think they need to bring more server-sided authority to the game, even though some people live in Timbuktu.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592148#Comment_2592148

    But it's not a buff. It'll make the perk work more consistently, but the fact that it didn't do that before was a problem, not a balancing decision.

    After this, maybe it'll be the case that Dead Hard is way too strong and will need a nerf- but how could they possibly know that if they're trying to balance a perk with a glaring inconsistency error?

    I think the reason they won't is because they probably see 60% of DH users go straight into a wall and die immediately and 30% get another 15 seconds and 10% get 25+ more seconds

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592064#Comment_2592064

    I'd disagree, a buff would be making a change to the perk, this is making the perk work as intended.

    Can you make the animation of getting hit validated server side too so we don't have to eat it when the server denies our hit?

  • Yep can't wait to get the hit and have the cooldown only to have the survivor run away like nothing happened. Gonna be the same bullshit as with the pallets.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592138#Comment_2592138

    Survivor players are tolerant and resilient, for years they have endured EVERYTHING being managed exclusively and authoritatively on the killer client. However, does that mean we never needed servers? Does everything still have to be managed on the killer-side in this game? If you live in a place without a server, you have an incredible advantage as is. Your hits will almost always prevail, even at 500 ming. This is a massive and powerful advantage killer players have over survivors. So yes I do think they need to bring more server-sided authority to the game, even though some people live in Timbuktu.

    Yeah, that's some bias you've got there.

    Also, try not to disparage people for where they live.

  • @vacaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592076#Comment_2592076

    Can you make the animation of getting hit validated server side too so we don't have to eat it when the server denies our hit?

    Best we can do is not fix grabs.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592173#Comment_2592173

    I think the reason they won't is because they probably see 60% of DH users go straight into a wall and die immediately and 30% get another 15 seconds and 10% get 25+ more seconds

    I'm sorry, I don't see what you're saying here- "they won't"... what?

    Probably me not getting it, I'm a little loopy from being unwell lol

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592181#Comment_2592181

    I'm sorry, I don't see what you're saying here- "they won't"... what?

    Probably me not getting it, I'm a little loopy from being unwell lol

    Why they won't nerf Dead Hard despite it clearly being too good at higher levels of play, my apologies.

  • I never get the hate on dead hard, every exhaust perks have their bad and goods about them, dead hard is like a mind game, critical thinking perk that can make or break someone. On bad killers its busted, on good killers its like a 50 50 or just very bad. Compared to other exhaust perks I tried, DH is by far the best for me base on how I use it, mind you dead hard has something that no other exhaust perk can do, its a trappers worst nightmare good for basement saves or hook save, example I pull someone off while hurt on a hook with bt and they are running away and killer if not close enough about to swing on me but i dead hard saving myself + unhook person.

    I hate sprint burst because like urban you have some overally scared survivors in random queues who will creep to you or someone else on hook because they do not wanna use their sprint burst, some killers who has dash speed abilities like blight can still counter sprint burst, balance landing is so situational because 95% of the time I do not even try fallen off high buildings because killers has no recovery when they fall off buildings which can clock you in mid fall, litch(am bad with windows) smash hit(oh we know pallets never work 100% of the time similar to dead hard at times). On PS4 it was a nightmare to use DH but now on PS5 with its way super fast speed as good as any pc, dead hard rocks. Finally unlike the other exhaust perks I can decide when to use my dead hard, now if I could use my sprint burst whenever I can oh god ofc that be my new fav perk

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592181#Comment_2592181

    I'm sorry, I don't see what you're saying here- "they won't"... what?

    Probably me not getting it, I'm a little loopy from being unwell lol

    Simple: He is convinced that the devs hate killers and secretly want survivors to win 100% of the time.

  • @Gladonos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592197#Comment_2592197

    Simple: He is convinced that the devs hate killers and secretly want survivors to win 100% of the time.

    Not really no.

    I just call it like it is. It's an objective buff for a perk that was already either too strong or in a good spot.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592197#Comment_2592197

    Why they won't nerf Dead Hard despite it clearly being too good at higher levels of play, my apologies.

    Ah, gotcha, thanks for the answer.

  • @LeonxJiwoon said:

    I never get the hate on dead hard, every exhaust perks have their bad and goods about them, dead hard is like a mind game, critical thinking perk that can make or break someone. On bad killers its busted, on good killers its like a 50 50 or just very bad. Compared to other exhaust perks I tried, DH is by far the best for me base on how I use it, mind you dead hard has something that no other exhaust perk can do, its a trappers worst nightmare good for basement saves or hook save, example I pull someone off while hurt on a hook with bt and they are running away and killer if not close enough about to swing on me but i dead hard saving myself + unhook person.

    I hate sprint burst because like urban you have some overally scared survivors in random queues who will creep to you or someone else on hook because they do not wanna use their sprint burst, some killers who has dash speed abilities like blight can still counter sprint burst, balance landing is so situational because 95% of the time I do not even try fallen off high buildings because killers has no recovery when they fall off buildings which can clock you in mid fall, litch(am bad with windows) smash hit(oh we know pallets never work 100% of the time similar to dead hard at times). On PS4 it was a nightmare to use DH but now on PS5 with its way super fast speed as good as any pc, dead hard rocks. Finally unlike the other exhaust perks I can decide when to use my dead hard, now if I could use my sprint burst whenever I can oh god ofc that be my new fav perk

    The better a Survivor you become, the more you learn to appreciate Dead Hard.

    I know I did.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592020#Comment_2592020

    There is more skill involved in timing it correctly and not messing yourself up by dodging a hit but hitting a wall, compared to pressing E to get to a pallet.

    Is it much? No, but it's something, and it's something a smart Killer can bait out too.

    There's certain situations where that "Baiting out" tactic just isn't possible and there's not much counterplay for the killer, that's the big power DH holds that needs changing.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592223#Comment_2592223

    Not really no.

    I just call it like it is. It's an objective buff for a perk that was already either too strong or in a good spot.

    If you want it nerfed it needs to be fixed first.

  • I'd accept that if I thought a nerf was likely in the next 6 months.

  • @LeonxJiwoon said:

    I never get the hate on dead hard, every exhaust perks have their bad and goods about them, dead hard is like a mind game, critical thinking perk that can make or break someone. On bad killers its busted, on good killers its like a 50 50 or just very bad. Compared to other exhaust perks I tried, DH is by far the best for me base on how I use it, mind you dead hard has something that no other exhaust perk can do, its a trappers worst nightmare good for basement saves or hook save, example I pull someone off while hurt on a hook with bt and they are running away and killer if not close enough about to swing on me but i dead hard saving myself + unhook person.

    I hate sprint burst because like urban you have some overally scared survivors in random queues who will creep to you or someone else on hook because they do not wanna use their sprint burst, some killers who has dash speed abilities like blight can still counter sprint burst, balance landing is so situational because 95% of the time I do not even try fallen off high buildings because killers has no recovery when they fall off buildings which can clock you in mid fall, litch(am bad with windows) smash hit(oh we know pallets never work 100% of the time similar to dead hard at times). On PS4 it was a nightmare to use DH but now on PS5 with its way super fast speed as good as any pc, dead hard rocks. Finally unlike the other exhaust perks I can decide when to use my dead hard, now if I could use my sprint burst whenever I can oh god ofc that be my new fav perk

    Being able to make distance to reach another loop is a bad perk against good killers? I actually don't know what you mean, when I learned to loop as survivor i didn't look back and allways picked up deadhard, it just extends your chases for a quite a bit of time and in the worst of cases you are in a dead zone and maybe gain some extra seconds because you make him miss 1 hit. Now with deadhard and the new Windows of Oportunity i feel so safe against m1 killers.

  • Never worked for me, always recieved a hit after use. I just stopped using it cuz its bugged and doesnt work properly

  • @WARW0LF said:

    fix =/= buff

    Did it get stronger or weaker because of this change?

  • How it changed:

    Survivor goes down

    Survivor pops back up

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592250#Comment_2592250

    I'd accept that if I thought a nerf was likely in the next 6 months.

    Why wouldn't a nerf be likely...?

  • @H1GHLVND3R said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592149#Comment_2592149

    Never worked for me, always recieved a hit after use. I just stopped using it cuz its bugged and doesnt work properly

    How odd.

    I've had maybe 5 times where it didn't work in the last few months.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592175#Comment_2592175

    Yeah, that's some bias you've got there.

    Also, try not to disparage people for where they live.

    Yes, my bias is towards fairness and balance. I don't need nor desire a killer client advantage to play. It's telling you can't even address the merits but instead take a cheap shot regarding bias and location, which is never on display. My reference to Timbuktu is commonplace when referring to a "far-off place."

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592253#Comment_2592253

    Did it get stronger or weaker because of this change?

    neither it was fixed, it's functionality and values are the same, fixing something is not a buff, a buff or nerf is changing values or changing functionality, neither of those happened here

  • @vacaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592208#Comment_2592208

    Being able to make distance to reach another loop is a bad perk against good killers? I actually don't know what you mean, when I learned to loop as survivor i didn't look back and allways picked up deadhard, it just extends your chases for a quite a bit of time and in the worst of cases you are in a dead zone and maybe gain some extra seconds because you make him miss 1 hit. Now with deadhard and the new Windows of Oportunity i feel so safe against m1 killers.

    Sorry if you misunderstand me, I love dead hard and have 0 issue with the perk compared to the other exhaustion perks ^.^, its my favorite perk since the day I began playing this game.

  • Well the game is balanced 99% survivor and 1% killer.

  • Ahh okay that is what you mean. Sorry. I still say however that it needs to be fixed so that we can get real valid information on it to know what exactly it looks like in a real functional environment. Having it favor the killer just makes it an impossible to fix buggy mess. It will never ever be nerfed so long as it favors the killer.

  • @WARW0LF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592265#Comment_2592265

    neither it was fixed, it's functionality and values are the same, fixing something is not a buff, a buff or nerf is changing values or changing functionality, neither of those happened here

    Oh, so it wouldn't affect the strength of the perk if this change were reverted?

  • As long as the stun animation that you suffer from the invalidated hit due to dead hard equals the same that you would have suffered from a missed swing, it's not a buff or nerf.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592197#Comment_2592197

    Why they won't nerf Dead Hard despite it clearly being too good at higher levels of play, my apologies.

    It's simple to keep it good at higher levels without enabling the situations where it adds 30+ seconds to a chase because you pressed a button:

    • Only works when Healthy or
    • The dodge is in-place but works when Injured or Healthy

    I think these suggested would raise the skill ceiling for Dead Hard.

  • @Jarol said:

    Well the game is balanced 99% survivor and 1% killer.

    That isn't true at all.

    This is just a change to an already strong perk.

  • @WARW0LF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592265#Comment_2592265

    neither it was fixed, it's functionality and values are the same, fixing something is not a buff, a buff or nerf is changing values or changing functionality, neither of those happened here

    No one cares about the terminology used. What people care about is that it was made stronger by this change / fix. The easiest way to convey this is to say that it was buffed.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592279#Comment_2592279

    Oh, so it wouldn't affect the strength of the perk if this change were reverted?

    no it wouldn't, it would work some of the time and some of the time it wouldn't work, as intended, having more consistency doesn't mean it's stronger, it would be more correct to say it has been made more fair rather than stronger

  • @Gladonos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592278#Comment_2592278

    Ahh okay that is what you mean. Sorry. I still say however that it needs to be fixed so that we can get real valid information on it to know what exactly it looks like in a real functional environment. Having it favor the killer just makes it an impossible to fix buggy mess. It will never ever be nerfed so long as it favors the killer.

    The issue is that everyone already knows the perk is broken in higher MMR. The Devs aren't stupid, they obviously know that.

    I just don't know how changing this will help them decide that it is either fine or not fine.

    Also, moving to server-sided stuff screws over people who aren't near servers.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592205#Comment_2592205

    It's simple to keep it good at higher levels without enabling the situations where it adds 30+ seconds to a chase because you pressed a button:

    • Only works when Healthy or
    • The dodge is in-place but works when Injured or Healthy

    I think these suggested would raise the skill ceiling for Dead Hard.

    I just think they need to remove the distance from it.

    Predict when the Killer will swing and you get to keep going, but you can't use it ######### with Trapper or for distance anymore.

  • Not a buff. It was finally fixed.

    Killers were gifted a lot of wins for a very long time from the survivor being downed because dead hard didn't work as it was expected to. (ie. On the floor exhausted).

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Not a buff. It was finally fixed.

    Killers were gifted a lot of wins for a very long time from the survivor being downed because dead hard didn't work as it was expected to. (ie. On the floor exhausted).

    Oh, hey sluzzy

  • @Jarol said:

    Well the game is balanced 99% survivor and 1% killer.

    Calm down, Jarol. No need to exaggerate. The game is closer to 98% survivor favored and 2% killer.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Well, either Dead Hard is getting a big time buff (to how it was before Dedicated Servers) or it's not getting changed at all.

    From the Bugfix Patch Notes:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/N9886VU1W93J/dead-hard-png.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GVW6AULMTQLX/dead-hard-2-png.png

    This means Dead Hard will either be stronger than before or nothing will change. What's your bet?

    YOU GOTTA BE ######### KIDDING ME! What next Is Circle of healing gonna be 40 meters? DS will last until an action is done? Head on will have a 6 second stun?

1 2 3 4 5