Spirit Problems

Overall I think Spirit changes have balanced her out but their is still some problems. Iron will completely destroys Spirit so they either have to revert the iron will stridor interaction or make iron will useless while spirit is phasing. Since Spirits addon got change she only has two phasing speed addons which is made more important for her to mind game at loops , so I suggest that they increase her base phasing speed. Those were some changes I could think out of the top of my head that needs addressing.

Comments

  • @Dumpstick said:

    Iron Will is the only real "counter" to Spirit. It is fine.

    One perk countering an entire killer power is not fine.

  • With Boon: Shadow Step in the game now, Iron Will is busted.

  • @Dumpstick said:

    Iron Will is the only real "counter" to Spirit. It is fine.

    But it makes her power useless. if the survivors don't run certain loops and areas Spirit has no way of tracking the survivor not to mention shadow step might make it even harder.

  • @Dumpstick said:

    Iron Will is the only real "counter" to Spirit. It is fine.

    Stop. Now that you can know exactly where she is, there's no more excuses. You are the problem. Hard-countering a killer's power should not be a thing.

  • @Dumpstick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574126#Comment_2574126

    It's not a hard counter. Spirit can still kill you even if you have Iron Will.

    Trapper can still kill you with small game. Counters dont mean its irrelevant.

  • @Dumpstick said:

    Iron Will is the only real "counter" to Spirit. It is fine.

    I mean iron will counters most killers....Needs to be nerfed.

  • Spirit no longer conceals much information from you. Stop pretending it's unfair because you aren't capable of dealing with her. Even other people that hate Spirit have shown you can pinpoint where she is exactly. Her power is basically "blind yourself to move not even twice as fast as a survivor."

    12:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjGr7DB3y8U

  • I think the big thing is that Iron Will needs changes. It's to A: work as intended (only mask injured breathing and not a myriad other sounds) and B: have a counter.

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574122#Comment_2574122

    One perk countering an entire killer power is not fine.

    It doesn't, if you use her power for short bursts it really doesn't do as much as you think it does.

  • nah the devs and the community wont be happy until all killers are gutted and replaced by AI

    big picture man

  • @Dumpstick said:

    Iron Will is the only real "counter" to Spirit. It is fine.

    It absolutely is not, and if you think so.. you need to work on your looping and mind games.

  • to be fair, Iron Will has been bugged for years. Grunts of pain is one thing, but it's not supposed to stop them from breathing.

  • All Iron will needs is to allow breathing while injured. Then it won't be a problem.

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574122#Comment_2574122

    I mean iron will counters most killers....Needs to be nerfed.

    I'm pretty sure crouching counters most killers, if you can stealth a stealth killer by simply crouching; that says something. Speaking from experience? I've done that several times before.


    What's my point? My point is to leave it alone. Chances are is that Iron Will WONT be changed, it's not like having Iron will have changed anything with spirit players; they still get their 4-3K's and we've all seen it multiple, MULTIPLE times. What's the point in complaining about a perk that killers have grown so used to, it's as simple as breathing. No pun intended.

  • @skylerbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574122#Comment_2574122

    It absolutely is not, and if you think so.. you need to work on your looping and mind games.

    This. This right here.

  • @WhoisJoe said:

    Overall I think Spirit changes have balanced her out but their is still some problems. Iron will completely destroys Spirit so they either have to revert the iron will stridor interaction or make iron will useless while spirit is phasing. Since Spirits addon got change she only has two phasing speed addons which is made more important for her to mind game at loops , so I suggest that they increase her base phasing speed. Those were some changes I could think out of the top of my head that needs addressing.

    I rather she have been given an add-on similar to Freddy's, which allows her to hear footsteps 50% louder while phasing.

  • @Dumpstick said:

    Iron Will is the only real "counter" to Spirit. It is fine.

    did i not just see you on another thread saying it should be reverted?

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574170#Comment_2574170

    Trapper can still kill you with small game. Counters dont mean its irrelevant.

    Small Game was changed months ago to not alert for traps. Specifically because it completely countered Trapper's power.

    Whether you agree with the change or not, it's a terrible example to bring up as an argument in this case.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574176#Comment_2574176

    Small Game was changed months ago to not alert for traps. Specifically because it completely countered Trapper's power.

    Whether you agree with the change or not, it's a terrible example to bring up as an argument in this case.

    Oh so you mean they changed a perk that nullified a killers power? You mean like Iron Will does? Its actually an even better example to bring up as an argument in this case then.

  • @SaltyNooty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574180#Comment_2574180

    I'm pretty sure crouching counters most killers, if you can stealth a stealth killer by simply crouching; that says something. Speaking from experience? I've done that several times before.

    What's my point? My point is to leave it alone. Chances are is that Iron Will WONT be changed, it's not like having Iron will have changed anything with spirit players; they still get their 4-3K's and we've all seen it multiple, MULTIPLE times. What's the point in complaining about a perk that killers have grown so used to, it's as simple as breathing. No pun intended.

    My problem with Iron will is that its a perk from a different time of DbD where everything was over the top and very unbalanced.

    The biggest thing killers have in this game is sounds and Iron Will completely negates that with no effort. That is not okay.

    This perk is wayyyyy to strong for the value it gives and how easy it is to get said value out of . Just because its been meta since day 1 and killers have ways to work around it doesn't mean its a balanced perk. Look at Dead Hard that perks been around for quite a long time now, killers have ways to work around it but that perk is one of if not the most broken perk in DbD.

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574457#Comment_2574457

    Oh so you mean they changed a perk that nullified a killers power? You mean like Iron Will does? Its actually an even better example to bring up as an argument in this case then.

    Maybe I misunderstood your argument? I thought you were in favor of perks completely countering a killer's power.

    I want iron will changed to either have some counter (like Stridor pre-nerf) or to have its own effect nerfed in some way.

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574122#Comment_2574122

    One perk countering an entire killer power is not fine.

    It isn't, exactly. It's not right. Because EVERY SINGLE killer should have a reliable of countering him/her WITHOUT a single perk equipped.

  • @Damarus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574126#Comment_2574126

    It isn't, exactly. It's not right. Because EVERY SINGLE killer should have a reliable of countering him/her WITHOUT a single perk equipped.

    they do. its called holding W

    and no. they shouldn't. one survivor in a 1v4 should literally never be able to "counter" a killer. Every single killer in the game has counterplay. You may not like it. But they all do.

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2575321#Comment_2575321

    they do. its called holding W

    and no. they shouldn't. one survivor in a 1v4 should literally never be able to "counter" a killer. Every single killer in the game has counterplay. You may not like it. But they all do.

    Guesswork is not a counter. Hoping you made the right call, out of sheer luck, is not counterplay.

    Holding W, right. Because survivors, who already cannot outrun normal killers, will be able to outrun killers that vanish AND increase their movespeed just with the power, and even more with add-ons. Please, jokes are over.

  • Stop, you're annoying and everyone knows you're stupid as hell by saying that.

  • I think current yellow, brown speed addons should get equal number of (old) green and yellow addons' number.

    Most new addons are either very weak or nonsense and most of all, worse than original ones.

  • @Sabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574457#Comment_2574457

    But hardly anyone ever used it because how often did you get the trapper? Now they buffed the perk to literally be able to find any totems for newer players, people with sight issues, people who don't commit the locations to memorym it is immense. It removes the need for a map and or a map with detective's hunch combo. Freeing up a item slot.

    Didn't it always do that for totems? I thought the main thing they changed was the added totem counter.

    I actually do find all the easy totem countering perks to be a bit much. But then again, they start to look better after the 10th game in a row of Ruin+Undying...

  • @Sabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577257#Comment_2577257

    I think so but no one ever bothered with it until the change and I don't entirely recall why? I think it was a 30 second cooldown and it wasn't good?

    I considered it a good perk, but I kind of like the challenge of finding totems without perks/items. The cooldown was 10 seconds at tier 3 prior to the change.

    Also, every time I run it I seem to get multiple floor maps where the alert goes off and I can't figure out which floor the totem is on....

  • Both Iron Will and Dead Hard need to be hard nerfed. It's incredible how many survivors these two perks hard carry. They'll never be changed though. BHVR loves their survivor players too much for that.