Do you personally expect Slinger to be played after the nerfs?

I'm not expecting to see him much anymore, personally. I feel they've tampered with his appeal too much without giving him enough elsewhere to compensate.

NOTE: I am NOT just asking about viability/his strength. The discussion is welcome, but I'm specifically asking about how much you think Slinger is going to be played after his nerfs.

Comments

  • I tried him on the PTB and the liftup and putdown animations are just too long. I'd be fine if it were one or the other, but with both, it's just a PITA. He's slow and clunky, IMO. He was my main but I'll probably switch to plague... that's even when I play killer. Since SBMM, I've played less and less killer.

  • No. Played 3 matches of him and it's the same as it was on the PTB. Slinger is dead, could just have deleted the killer and refunded the shards/BP invested on him and it would be a more honorable end.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I feel survivors dont think that far ahead. They want a killer to get nerfed for "reasons" so they whine to bhvr. They cave in and nerf said killer. Survivors think those killer mains will then use a killer thats more "fun"(for survivors) and the game will improve. What actually happens is 1 of 2 things.

    1: that killer whose main got nerfed then jumps to the next meta killer. Survivors complain about the new killer being seen every match and they whine to bhvr. Seeing a pattern here?

    2: that killer is fed up with having all the bp and time invested wasted. They play something else. Survivors whine to bhvr their que times are too long. Bhvr gets a licensed killer to attract fresh meat. The circle of life :p

    Yeah, very well said. Something that BHVR doesn't like is when a killer becomes popular and starts to noob stomp survivors.

    Survivors whined about Billy, what happened? He gets nerfed, Bubba gets buffed and Blight comes out. People stop playing him and switch to those two instead; now they're the ones survivors are definitely gonna complain next to get nerfed.

    Survivors whined about Freddy, what happened? He gets nerfed, Wraith gets buffed. People stop playing him and switch to Wraith; survivors start to complain about Wraith until he got nerfed this patch.

    Survivors are always gonna complain about whatever killer is popular at the moment, it's a never ending cycle.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    did the PTB changes go through?

    if so, then no.

    those changes managed to locate and remove everything fun about him.

    honestly if i, as a Deathslinger main, was tasked with making him really unfun to play as, i wouldnt have been able to do a better job.

    You wanna know the best part? It got worse than PTB :D

    • Add-on - Wanted Poster: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 2.5% (was 10%)
    • Add-on - Jaw Smasher: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 1% (was 5%)

    Oh my, dead killer with useless add-ons, perfect combo.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2571744#Comment_2571744

    He was A tier at least before. Now that he can walk faster when aiming he can zone really well, and good killers will adjust to the quick scope change. I think this is a buff to really good deathslingers. It added like 0.1 second to how long you need to aim, that's nothing.

    He will still be really strong, you just need to actually be good at aiming now instead of just waiting for a vault and quickscoping

    Again, he wasnโ€™t able to win against good teams previously. He will now join billy in the graveyard of irrelevant killers.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2572321#Comment_2572321

    You wanna know the best part? It got worse than PTB :D

    • Add-on - Wanted Poster: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 2.5% (was 10%)
    • Add-on - Jaw Smasher: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 1% (was 5%)

    Oh my, dead killer with useless add-ons, perfect combo.

    yeah i was fully expecting that one to be a thing ever since i saw the "Deathslinger actually got buffed!" threat a while ago showcasing those (i'm pretty sure i even called it), so luckily i never got my hopes up in the first place.


    best part is, i highly doubt this will be the end of it.

    The Devs balancing goal seems to be a "fun, balanced and interactive" 1v1 scenario for both sides to participate in - too bad this isnt a 1v1 game, so any such balance goal is guaranteed to make the life of the supposed "power role" (that has to go up against 4 people at the same time) miserable.

    there are so many killer mechanics that, while technically necessary for a 1v4 game, are going to fall victim to this philosophy, because of the "lack of counterplay from the survivor side".

    (e.g. Nurse, Myers 99%ing his Tier 3 / GF 99%ing the mark on someone, Beartraps, ...)


    im at a point where i honestly think the Devs just straight up dont want the Killer to ever have the upper hand, because that would be "unfun" for the Survivors - hence all the nerfs on killers with strong chase abilities that allowed them to be the leading role of a chase except for the Survivor.

    that balance goal might work in mid to low ranks where Survivors make a lot of mistakes for the Killer to punish, but high rank is, thanks to this, incredibly miserable for Killers. ESPECIALLY with all those "fun close call evading disaster" perks such as Dead Hard that essentially just entirely negate one of the very few mistakes those Survivors will do.


    but enough ranting.

    i quit this game months ago and this update will certainly not be bringing me back.

    and if they keep trying to balance this asymetrical 1v4 game around 1v1 interactions, i dont see me comming back any time soon either.

  • Maybe people who weren't used to playing with him before.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    He can still shoot in less than a second so the changes don't do anything. It might actually be a buff, let's wait and see.

    Really good death slingers will still dominate.

    lol

  • Absolutely, if you played him before, why would you stop now? He always sucked...

  • I thought at least you can use speed add-ons and walk at same speed while aiming. They got nerfed from 10% to 2.5% and from 5% to 1%

    Dead killer

  • Used to main him, maybe i'll play him again...in 3-4 months

  • I expect him to still be played.

  • I wrote a few comments on the matter as now former Deathslinger main. I said he did need some changes, but these were just overkill.

    I'm now trying to find another Killer I actually enjoy playing is... considering it took me months to get the hang of Deathslinger, I am in no rush to find a new one since BHVR seems to be hellbent in making me a Survivor main.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Absolutely, if you played him before, why would you stop now? He always sucked...

    That's easy, I don't care about how good he is.

    He was always worse Huntress, but after those nerfs, he is way worse Huntress that even feels bad to play as.

    Because of longer ADS, I get same feeling as Huntress with Wind-up time addons. Problem is that unlike Huntress, Deathslinger has several limitations. He gets more punished for single miss, he can't down over pallet / far window, he has limited range, he has super tiny hitbox that is easy to dodge and his ADS sensitivity + POV just sucks, so he can't even flick.

    ADS sensitivity + POV were always bad, but noone did it, because of quick-scope, so it wasn't an issue before.

    Deathslinger was played by FPS players a lot, because they could use skills they already had, but that's not a thing anymore after quick-scope nerf.

    Quick-scope was only thing he was better at than Trickster / Huntress, so right now, there is just no reason to play him, unless you enjoy looking at old guy with ######### up leg, but no kink shaming.

    Zoning is same as Huntress, you just hold your power, but I don't know about you, it's way easier with Huntress, because of that POV that Deathslinger gets.

  • People overreact and he's gonna be fine. I'm sure the terror radius nerf will do more than anything else and they're now missing shots so they focus on that and complain he's weak now. He got a SLIGHT delay to when he can shoot and its hardly even a delay you just can't shoot before a survivor can see you aim like before. He can still do all the other stuff he's good at and known for. With a normal terror radius

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    People overreact and he's gonna be fine. I'm sure the terror radius nerf will do more than anything else and they're now missing shots so they focus on that and complain he's weak now. He got a SLIGHT delay to when he can shoot and its hardly even a delay you just can't shoot before a survivor can see you aim like before. He can still do all the other stuff he's good at and known for. With a normal terror radius

    I found the person who literally has never played Deathslinger before. Shame they're posting nonsense in multiple threads.

  • I mean it will be like Pyramid Head. You'll see them rarely but that's about it.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574501#Comment_2574501

    I found the person who literally has never played Deathslinger before. Shame they're posting nonsense in multiple threads.

    That is where you're wrong. He's not my main but when I get tired of playing huntress I play him or I play blight ๐Ÿ˜„

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574510#Comment_2574510

    That is where you're wrong. He's not my main but when I get tired of playing huntress I play him or I play blight ๐Ÿ˜„

    Yeah. No you don't. I just read your other comments, you don't even understand how to counterplay Deathslinger, let alone play him.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574519#Comment_2574519

    Yeah. No you don't. I just read your other comments, you don't even understand how to counterplay Deathslinger, let alone play him.

    Maybe you're right maybe you're not, I don't die to him often so i'm pretty sure I have a good sense of countering him but either way he's nerfed and judging by how you and the others whining about are reacting I won't have to see him much anyway. Enjoy your day/night ๐Ÿ˜„

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574524#Comment_2574524

    Maybe you're right maybe you're not, I don't die to him often so i'm pretty sure I have a good sense of countering him but either way he's nerfed and judging by how you and the others whining about are reacting I won't have to see him much anyway. Enjoy your day/night ๐Ÿ˜„

    Woosh is the sound the point makes as it goes over your head. But it was never really about being right for you, you're just desperate to get under peoples skin.

  • Absolutely No.


    BHVR never listen to us.

    So I'm doing a little research on Twitter.



    https://twitter.com/dabuace/status/1450508296968753157?s=20


    I asked the same question to Japanese players.

    More than 80% said No.


    BHVR never listen to killer players.

    OK, then.


    I will show them the numbers they can never deny.

    The data has power.


    https://twitter.com/dabuace/status/1450517097998524417?s=20


    BHVR MUST FACE THIS.

    YOU ARE DOING THE WRONG THINGS.

  • I expect Survivors will see more in the next week or 2 while people see just how bad it is... then he'll basically drop out of the game.

    The one small potential I can see is Whispers + M&A + Whiskey + Badge = 12m terror radius while using ADS with old wanted poster along for the ride because of the base kit change. However... I never liked Killers who were only usable when running Purples.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    People overreact and he's gonna be fine. I'm sure the terror radius nerf will do more than anything else and they're now missing shots so they focus on that and complain he's weak now. He got a SLIGHT delay to when he can shoot and its hardly even a delay you just can't shoot before a survivor can see you aim like before. He can still do all the other stuff he's good at and known for. With a normal terror radius

    Tell me you're not a Slinger player / main, Without Telling me You're a Slinger player / main,

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2574501#Comment_2574501

    Tell me you're not a Slinger player / main, Without Telling me You're a Slinger player / main,

    Sorry man, beat you to it.

  • Chu might've beat me, But as a Ex-slinger main... We have to say it,

  • I hope I won't see him as much

  • @Haddix said:

    I'm not expecting to see him much anymore, personally. I feel they've tampered with his appeal too much without giving him enough elsewhere to compensate.

    NOTE: I am NOT just asking about viability/his strength. The discussion is welcome, but I'm specifically asking about how much you think Slinger is going to be played after his nerfs.

    I think we will see him still. His power can be quit good and his combination with Starstruck just became stronger with his bigger terror radius. Down one survivor, reload, pick up and hook. Now you can hunt whoever was inside your radius for ~30 seconds with an insta down. The bigger radius makes it much easier to apply starstruck to a survivor.

    Also Deathslinger got some buffs to his add-ons and many player will try them. If you already own Deathslinger you will not dump him just because those things where changed.

    However I think that he will be a rarer sight just because the tag reads "nerf".

  • @Gwinty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287936/do-you-personally-expect-slinger-to-be-played-after-the-nerfs

    I think we will see him still. His power can be quit good and his combination with Starstruck just became stronger with his bigger terror radius. Down one survivor, reload, pick up and hook. Now you can hunt whoever was inside your radius for ~30 seconds with an insta down. The bigger radius makes it much easier to apply starstruck to a survivor.

    Also Deathslinger got some buffs to his add-ons and many player will try them. If you already own Deathslinger you will not dump him just because those things where changed.

    However I think that he will be a rarer sight just because the tag reads "nerf".

    You know whats a good counter to the nerf tag? An actual spark of inventive design. If the devs want to pivot deathslinger to a differemt playstyle then i ll hear em out.

    But if the deal is slinger loses his small tr and quickscoping (the two biggest selling points of his character) you better have more then some small qol stun reductions and half assesd addon changes. Everyone knows slinger needed help.

    How long do you think slinger players will have to wait to get there rework. Even then will the first impressions of this pivot not create a long term stigma that will permenently erode the slingers quality. Look at the trickster he now has his own niche as a viable if suboptimum ranged killer.

    But the deresion of his release has irrepably damaged killer players reputation of him creating a reluctance to invest time in him. Once the stink of this pathetic nerf sets in the slinger fans will likely have moved on. Seems like a waste if a good killer concept I guess.

  • @Gwinty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287936/do-you-personally-expect-slinger-to-be-played-after-the-nerfs

    I think we will see him still. His power can be quit good and his combination with Starstruck just became stronger with his bigger terror radius. Down one survivor, reload, pick up and hook. Now you can hunt whoever was inside your radius for ~30 seconds with an insta down. The bigger radius makes it much easier to apply starstruck to a survivor.

    Also Deathslinger got some buffs to his add-ons and many player will try them. If you already own Deathslinger you will not dump him just because those things where changed.

    However I think that he will be a rarer sight just because the tag reads "nerf".

    The bigger TR isn't going to help Starstruck builds. While yes he'll have a larger range to expose survivors, he also has a harder time catching up to them since he's 110 and has a larger warning. It's the same issue Doctor has with Starstruck. A big TR means nothing if you can't actually reach the survivor in time.

1 2 โ€บ