If you don't play by the rules, you're out

hi,

That would be a clear message to all the cheaters or ?

I read a very interesting article from another developer team of another game and I noticed something that is missing here in DBD. "We take it very seriously that everyone who starts our game can expect a fair game. In short, we don't tolerate cheaters and deploy teams to stop, identify and punish them, it says. As an anti-cheat tool, Easy-Anti-Cheat is used in our game. We have already had good experience with this in other games."

Now the exciting part: "Another change in our game is that cheaters will be immediately disconnected from the game and banned on all platforms if they are punished, because of the cross-play functionality. As before, we can continue to use IP and hardware locks if needed." Means: creating new accounts is no longer possible in case of a hardware lock. If it were about cheats, we don't want to make exceptions - neither would there be warnings nor temporary exclusions. "If you don't follow the rules, you're out."

I would like to see something like that.

At least a little more openness from the DBD devs regarding "the fight against cheaters". How do you see it ? would you also find a little more communication with us would be good?

regards

Comments

  • There is no fight against cheaters at BHVR. They view them as legitimate customers. Best thing we can do is support other games when they come out and hope for competition.

  • I surely hope they start taking the cheater problem more serious in this game. It's time to do so.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There is no fight against cheaters at BHVR. They view them as legitimate customers. Best thing we can do is support other games when they come out and hope for competition.

    Yeah I doubt they view them as legitamte customers, I just think they don't really have the tools or the competence at the moment to deal with them appropriately.

  • From what I've seen in the Forums, there seems to be an increase in the number of cheaters recently. That is quite unexpected.

    I think I've only encountered cheaters twice.

  • It's an overt lie that devs or community managers can do much about cheating at this juncture. The best we get is little cover stories from people like Mandy - lip-service about the dumbest hacks getting caught while the game is basically overrun.

    The thing is, EAC isn't up to snuff, and largely incompatible with the dev team's vision for the game. It really hasn't been since the day it was created - it's based on the idea that mass reports are what matter, and given how the DBD team treats reports it's nearly impossible for EAC to do its job even if it were a competent system. Very few anticheat programs that don't include matchlogs and keylogs do much of anything, and DBD isn't going to see a significant improvement without one of those.

  • @GeneralV said:

    From what I've seen in the Forums, there seems to be an increase in the number of cheaters recently. That is quite unexpected.

    I think I've only encountered cheaters twice.

    They are going stealthy..

    Also I made a post about that and it almost got nobody attention

    @Mercês said:

    The increasing use of subtle hacking soon will get everybody attention with many streamers speaking about it. We're now dealing not only with clear speed hacking or machine guns, that are easy to report, but instead with aura reading hacks, that show totems', killer's, hatch and allies' location, with auto skill check and many other things.

    We need to know what's is being done about subtle hacking

    1. When can we expect a patch to resolve this massive problem?
    2. Will the anti-cheat be as agressive (but efficient) as Valorant's VANGUARD when detecting hacking? What can we expect?
    3. Are you aware that hackers are able to change other users in-game UI thus making reporting impossible? (1:08 of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVoS-oUHRn0&ab_channel=Choy)
    4. Are you aware that it's impossible to know that a random survivor ally is using an aura reading hack?
    5. Are you aware that it's impossible to know if a random survivor is using subtle speed hacks for totem cleansing or great skill checks?
    6. Do you understand that both of hacks described on questions 4 and 5 can't be reported because people can't detect them?
    7. Do you know that the number of annualy banned accounts in some games can be 20x bigger than the diary playerbase of DbD, meaning that a very big number of people consider hacking? (source: 800.000 banned accounts on Warzone: https://charlieintel.com/how-many-players-have-been-banned-from-warzone/90341/)

    We need more transparency.

    Please, comment with other questions so BHVR can address them in the next development manifesto. (Also comment to keep this post on top the some until some BHVR acknowledgment.)


  • @ad19970 said:

    I surely hope they start taking the cheater problem more serious in this game. It's time to do so.

    The thing is they are doing it, but hella wrong. I know a player who got perm banned 2 weeks after the devs stated that using mods are officially bannable. He didnt used any mods the moment when they mentioned that and played completly without, but still he got banned 2 weeks later for "using mods".

    There are more sad storys where ppl are getting banned without reasons simply because the devs are unable to monitor games properly or dont want to, or just dont care at all.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556780#Comment_2556780

    The thing is they are doing it, but hella wrong. I know a player who got perm banned 2 weeks after the devs stated that using mods are officially bannable. He didnt used any mods the moment when they mentioned that and played completly without, but still he got banned 2 weeks later for "using mods".

    There are more sad storys where ppl are getting banned without reasons simply because the devs are unable to monitor games properly or dont want to, or just dont care at all.

    They definitely seem to be struggling with this. Though I doubt they don't care, cheaters in your game is not something you like to see as a dev.

    But as far as I know, they also need to work on a better Anti Cheating System.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There is no fight against cheaters at BHVR. They view them as legitimate customers. Best thing we can do is support other games when they come out and hope for competition.

    I've know that people who hack auric cells are actually banned with an impressive high priority lol

  • @psionic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556768#Comment_2556768

    I've know that people who hack auric cells are actually banned with an impressive high priority lol

    what do you expect ?, hacking aura cells is a really stupid idea

  • @PNgamer said:

    hi,

    That would be a clear message to all the cheaters or ?

    I read a very interesting article from another developer team of another game and I noticed something that is missing here in DBD. "We take it very seriously that everyone who starts our game can expect a fair game. In short, we don't tolerate cheaters and deploy teams to stop, identify and punish them, it says. As an anti-cheat tool, Easy-Anti-Cheat is used in our game. We have already had good experience with this in other games."

    Now the exciting part: "Another change in our game is that cheaters will be immediately disconnected from the game and banned on all platforms if they are punished, because of the cross-play functionality. As before, we can continue to use IP and hardware locks if needed." Means: creating new accounts is no longer possible in case of a hardware lock. If it were about cheats, we don't want to make exceptions - neither would there be warnings nor temporary exclusions. "If you don't follow the rules, you're out."

    I would like to see something like that.

    At least a little more openness from the DBD devs regarding "the fight against cheaters". How do you see it ? would you also find a little more communication with us would be good?

    regards

    IP and HWID spoofers would like to have a word with you

  • Can we extend this to anyone who teabags at the exit gate?


    Joke 😄

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2559989#Comment_2559989

    what do you expect ?, hacking aura cells is a really stupid idea

    I'd expect the same treatment for any type of hacking

  • In all honesty, cheaters and hackers aren't all too common unless you sit and play the game all day--every day. Though there's only 5 people per game, cheaters/hackers just aren't as big of a problem in DBD as some other games may be. I don't think there should be no action just cause a game isn't chalk-full of hackers, but I'd understand why it isn't a top priority to BHVR. Though, like any company in charge of anything, they want their money. So, that explains the top priority action of people cheating out Auric Cells. Just the way the world is with that one. Sad to see, but I'm just glad DBD isn't a hacker hangout for many.

  • @Quentiplex said:

    In all honesty, cheaters and hackers aren't all too common unless you sit and play the game all day--every day. Though there's only 5 people per game, cheaters/hackers just aren't as big of a problem in DBD as some other games may be. I don't think there should be no action just cause a game isn't chalk-full of hackers, but I'd understand why it isn't a top priority to BHVR. Though, like any company in charge of anything, they want their money. So, that explains the top priority action of people cheating out Auric Cells. Just the way the world is with that one. Sad to see, but I'm just glad DBD isn't a hacker hangout for many.

    what ?? It doesn't matter how often cheaters are there or not. Cheaters are cheaters and have no place in DBD or other games. Furthermore, cheaters are ALWAYS a problem in a game and it should ALWAYS be the highest priority to fight such. BHVR is a company and I don't think they want to mess that up.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556814#Comment_2556814

    They definitely seem to be struggling with this. Though I doubt they don't care, cheaters in your game is not something you like to see as a dev.

    But as far as I know, they also need to work on a better Anti Cheating System.

    I agree with that but this doesnt justify ban on ppl that havent done somthing and paid alot of money in that game.

  • BHVR when somebody accuses someone of hacking:

    download (16).jpg


  • An IP and/or hardwear blocker is the exact thing they'd need for this game! If they develop something like that it will make the cheater experience far less.

    Not sure how long these things take to impliment, but if BHVR want better results then this is the way to go, rather than just cancelling an account.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    An IP and/or hardwear blocker is the exact thing they'd need for this game! If they develop something like that it will make the cheater experience far less.

    Not sure how long these things take to impliment, but if BHVR want better results then this is the way to go, rather than just cancelling an account.

    I think that this is a very complex thing and how long something like this takes to implement I don't know. But of course it would bring something. It may also be that BHVR is therefore somewhat restrained with revelations regarding anti-cheat because, especially for cheat developers would provide incentives to develop cheats that circumvent certain barriers.

  • @Quentiplex said:

    In all honesty, cheaters and hackers aren't all too common unless you sit and play the game all day--every day. Though there's only 5 people per game, cheaters/hackers just aren't as big of a problem in DBD as some other games may be. I don't think there should be no action just cause a game isn't chalk-full of hackers, but I'd understand why it isn't a top priority to BHVR. Though, like any company in charge of anything, they want their money. So, that explains the top priority action of people cheating out Auric Cells. Just the way the world is with that one. Sad to see, but I'm just glad DBD isn't a hacker hangout for many.

    I've literally seen PC Hackers get into Console-only lobbies.

    It's an issue. I've had 10 hackers in the last two weeks and I play with crossplay OFF

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2560325#Comment_2560325

    I've literally seen PC Hackers get into Console-only lobbies.

    It's an issue. I've had 10 hackers in the last two weeks and I play with crossplay OFF

    As a PC player who has seen a total of 2 hackers in all of my playtime, that is so bizarre. And very concerning.

    Weren’t you also the person whose router got fried or something?

    I’m honestly surprised you still play.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2560325#Comment_2560325

    I've literally seen PC Hackers get into Console-only lobbies.

    It's an issue. I've had 10 hackers in the last two weeks and I play with crossplay OFF

    Man, I play all the time and never encounter hackers or cheaters. Either you're exaggerating to get your point across, or you assume hacks when there really is none. I just don't know how 10 is even possible in a two week span. Like the Demo guy said above me, I haven't even seen close to ten in my hundreds of hours of playing.

    If I give the benefit from the doubt on that 10, I see noone complaining about it at that number truthfully either.

    I don't know man, maybe you're just very lucky after all.

  • @PNgamer said:

    hi,

    That would be a clear message to all the cheaters or ?

    I read a very interesting article from another developer team of another game and I noticed something that is missing here in DBD. "We take it very seriously that everyone who starts our game can expect a fair game. In short, we don't tolerate cheaters and deploy teams to stop, identify and punish them, it says. As an anti-cheat tool, Easy-Anti-Cheat is used in our game. We have already had good experience with this in other games."

    Now the exciting part: "Another change in our game is that cheaters will be immediately disconnected from the game and banned on all platforms if they are punished, because of the cross-play functionality. As before, we can continue to use IP and hardware locks if needed." Means: creating new accounts is no longer possible in case of a hardware lock. If it were about cheats, we don't want to make exceptions - neither would there be warnings nor temporary exclusions. "If you don't follow the rules, you're out."

    I would like to see something like that.

    At least a little more openness from the DBD devs regarding "the fight against cheaters". How do you see it ? would you also find a little more communication with us would be good?

    regards

    Thing is... non dedicated cheaters would be banned permanently not the dedicated ones since things such as Hardware id spoofers and vpns exist

  • @psionic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556768#Comment_2556768

    I've know that people who hack auric cells are actually banned with an impressive high priority lol

    Yeah because apparently to bhvr, losing money is more important than losing players

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566516#Comment_2566516

    As a PC player who has seen a total of 2 hackers in all of my playtime, that is so bizarre. And very concerning.

    Weren’t you also the person whose router got fried or something?

    I’m honestly surprised you still play.

    Yeah I've lost two routers to the same group.

    Funnily enough, they tried to DDoS another guy but he was on a military base and they are now facing criminal charges because unlike me, the military IS angry enough to go after you for it

  • @Quentiplex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566516#Comment_2566516

    Man, I play all the time and never encounter hackers or cheaters. Either you're exaggerating to get your point across, or you assume hacks when there really is none. I just don't know how 10 is even possible in a two week span. Like the Demo guy said above me, I haven't even seen close to ten in my hundreds of hours of playing.

    If I give the benefit from the doubt on that 10, I see noone complaining about it at that number truthfully either.

    I don't know man, maybe you're just very lucky after all.

    I'd show you a clip but I can't as it's against Forum rules.

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2560325#Comment_2560325

    what ?? It doesn't matter how often cheaters are there or not. Cheaters are cheaters and have no place in DBD or other games. Furthermore, cheaters are ALWAYS a problem in a game and it should ALWAYS be the highest priority to fight such. BHVR is a company and I don't think they want to mess that up.

    I agree with cheaters not being welcome, I do. What I'm saying though, is that it makes sense why they aren't the highest priority to deal with. With that said, a fix, a better anti-cheat, or whatever would be welcomed completely, though expected to not be at the top of the to-do list for BHVR. Obviously, there's other things with higher priority that BHVR values for being a company that owns a video game. I do think they should put the hacker-cheater problem higher than it seems on their priorities, though.


    I'm not trying to enable hacking as a-okay, no, but just looking at it through the eyes of a company.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There is no fight against cheaters at BHVR. They view them as legitimate customers. Best thing we can do is support other games when they come out and hope for competition.

    Would it not be better for BHVR, from a financial perspective, to ban the hackers though? They would keep the revenue the had spent on the game. And if they need another account to hack with, or play normally, they've already doubled their profits! If the continue to ban these hackers as new hacks are discovered they have a fairly large and regular flow of money.

    The only thing really stopping them is either laziness or apathy...

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566708#Comment_2566708

    I'd show you a clip but I can't as it's against Forum rules.

    I believe you in at least seeing a hacker. You're good.

  • Even something to stop the blatant hackers would help. . .

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566708#Comment_2566708

    I'd show you a clip but I can't as it's against Forum rules.

    You just need to censor names.

  • What do you think I am, smart?

    I have no idea how to censor names on a video.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2567571#Comment_2567571

    What do you think I am, smart?

    I have no idea how to censor names on a video.

    Well, if you upload it to YouTube, it has a "blur" feature that will blur a specific part of the screen for as long as you want. Since names are always in the same location during the trial, you can use that on the part that shows the name.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2567595#Comment_2567595

    Well, if you upload it to YouTube, it has a "blur" feature that will blur a specific part of the screen for as long as you want. Since names are always in the same location during the trial, you can use that on the part that shows the name.

    Okay! I will try this.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2560325#Comment_2560325

    I've literally seen PC Hackers get into Console-only lobbies.

    It's an issue. I've had 10 hackers in the last two weeks and I play with crossplay OFF

    Turn cross play on, you're making queues unbearable for others by doing this. If pc hackers are a concern but they get into your game anyways, what's the point?

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2566516#Comment_2566516

    Turn cross play on, you're making queues unbearable for others by doing this. If pc hackers are a concern but they get into your game anyways, what's the point?

    No :)