We need to talk about the hackers problem...

Today I encountered my first hacker and he almost ruined my graphics card while teabagging me, he head oned me while not being in a locker, when i downed him he insta healed and other things. Basically they had power over the entire game + he had all the perks at the same time. When I wanted to report him the entire in-game report page was blocked with a wall of "n-words are f-words". I asked him why he does this thing. They replied with: "because devs don't ban hackers", and then he changed my first message with a wall of n-words.

I'm really scared because I did some research and I found a site where you can buy hacks for 20 dollars that have the exact pack that my hacker had. They can basically change every single aspect of the game: can turn your perks off, can get everyone's IP, can froze/brick someone's device with flashlights.

I don't hate devs. I don't know if they want the best out of this community but I spent 2k+ hours in this game and I love it. I don't want my PC bricked by someone that is trolling and doesn't have repercussions...

Comments

  • @Shaped said:

    To be fair some other games have similar problems.

    Gta for example even on consoles people use godmode in almost every lobby. Not a problem for me tho since I am not pvping there.

    The issue with DBD is that though hacks were always just as available as they are now, it was never an issue in until MMR came on. Since MMR, you see hackers every day or every other day.

    The other issue too is not them simply hacking in the game to win, but also holding the game hostage. They force you to dc which increases your dc penalty and they do that intentionally.

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555049#Comment_2555049

    The issue with DBD is that though hacks were always just as available as they are now, it was never an issue in until MMR came on. Since MMR, you see hackers every day or every other day.

    The other issue too is not them simply hacking in the game to win, but also holding the game hostage. They force you to dc which increases your dc penalty and they do that intentionally.

    Yeah there is not much else you can do in dbd beside pvping so hacks can't be tolerated at all.

    At least some of us can disable crossplay even tho pc hackers can get into our lobbies too somehow.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555114#Comment_2555114

    Yeah there is not much else you can do in dbd beside pvping so hacks can't be tolerated at all.

    At least some of us can disable crossplay even tho pc hackers can get into our lobbies too somehow.

    If you play on PC, disabling cross-play is a death sentence.

  • @Vakentin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555132#Comment_2555132

    If you play on PC, disabling cross-play is a death sentence.

    Sorry to hear that.

  • @Vakentin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555132#Comment_2555132

    If you play on PC, disabling cross-play is a death sentence.

    why ? genuine question

  • they're never going to do anything about the hackers, just like call of duty we all just have to live with it. there are so many hackers in dead by day light the anti hackers patch had to be pulled back because so many of them whined they couldnt get in a match...this game is dying you're right, soon the only people playing will be hackers streaming how good they are

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2554618#Comment_2554618

    Are they able to just write anything in that pop up message?

    I've heard/seen hackers able to type in any other player's name in end game chat/use all perks/freeze game/hold game hostage etc but never being able to block someone from reporting.

    Yeah, I had a huge wall of horrible text that it felt like I was reading a Jack the ripper letter.

  • I think it's because the majority of the hackers are PC players

  • I wonder why there hasn´t been an official response to the situation yet; it´s propably the most pressing issue the game has ever faced and yet all they provide is silence. If the trend continues, it definately has the potential to cause massive damage to the game.

  • @Sabraiz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555046#Comment_2555046

    You might be right, I have been doing some reading on both EAC and Game Developer Bans, though neither of them mention anything about family share, So I don't know if they use the game ban api provided by steam to get the steamID of the main account.

    I should probably have done more research but the frustration of sitting in queue for 5 to 10 minutes only to encounter a cheater at least once a day has finally worn down my patience with anything being done. Their complete silence on the topic makes it seem like they don't care, considering the surge of cheaters started happening around the 5.3 PTB it has been going on for quite awhile now.

    totally get you. There is just so much bullshit someone can take. And the current cheater plague is taking everyone to their limits

  • @FengisKawaii said:

    I wonder why there hasn´t been an official response to the situation yet; it´s propably the most pressing issue the game has ever faced and yet all they provide is silence. If the trend continues, it definately has the potential to cause massive damage to the game.

    It's sad because I've always loved dbd (at 2.5k hours, no flex or anything) but it's hard to have faith in BHVR.

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555084#Comment_2555084

    totally get you. There is just so much bullshit someone can take. And the current cheater plague is taking everyone to their limits

    BASED

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2555449#Comment_2555449

    It's sad because I've always loved dbd (at 2.5k hours, no flex or anything) but it's hard to have faith in BHVR.

    same

  • @Pulsar said:

    I've already had two routers fried by people on this game, so, yeah. I'm on board with getting rid of hackers.

    Not sure why anyone wouldn't be.

    Wait, for real? How did that happen?

  • @Vakentin said:

    Today I encountered my first hacker and he almost ruined my graphics card while teabagging me, he head oned me while not being in a locker, when i downed him he insta healed and other things. Basically they had power over the entire game + he had all the perks at the same time. When I wanted to report him the entire in-game report page was blocked with a wall of "n-words are f-words". I asked him why he does this thing. They replied with: "because devs don't ban hackers", and then he changed my first message with a wall of n-words.

    I'm really scared because I did some research and I found a site where you can buy hacks for 20 dollars that have the exact pack that my hacker had. They can basically change every single aspect of the game: can turn your perks off, can get everyone's IP, can froze/brick someone's device with flashlights.

    I don't hate devs. I don't know if they want the best out of this community but I spent 2k+ hours in this game and I love it. I don't want my PC bricked by someone that is trolling and doesn't have repercussions...

    Not even 20 dollars, they can buy scripts for 5 bucks

  • At this rate the penalty should be removed until this is addressed no1 should be hit with a penalty because they don’t want to feed into these hackers/cheaters games. yes people will abuse it but look what’s happening people are abusing cheats and just striaght up ruining the game..

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2554645#Comment_2554645

    Well, they mentioned an auto-ban system a while back...

    another 18 months until MAYBE something

  • @DeadByLegion said:

    Latest video by Coconut. He’s not the only big streamer who has suggested he might step away because of MMR.

    https://youtu.be/LQAzdt1aqGo

    I didn’t realize it, but apparently cheaters are purposely holding streamers hostage for hours. When you’re running into cheaters in 30% of your games, disconnecting each time probably isn’t an option.

    And yet we still have (well known) people on this forum saying the ban system works lol!

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2560384#Comment_2560384

    And yet we still have (well known) people on this forum saying the ban system works lol!

    My buddy posted a video a week or so ago of an obvious cheater, him going through all the steps to report the cheater, and the guy still unbanned 6 months later. It's fake news.

  • I actually can't grade because of the hackers in the game right now.

    Is this really when I should uninstall this game for good? Like BHVR won't even make a statement about it.

  • Devs don't seem to care so there is nothing to say. This should have been fixed days after it started occuring, now we're going on what, months?

  • Just had a match against a hacker with infinite heals, teleportations and speed runs, did report with descriptions but doubtful that will do much. I've encountered lots of hackers this year and not only does it makes the game annoying, the team seemed swf with 2 flashlights since they always know where to go and heal people let alone generators so hacker included swf its bloody hell. I always seem to get hackers whenever I go pig killer

1 2 ›