Wait, wraith and his stats..

So we was teased the stats of kills for killers, wraith had roughly 55% meaning hes very near the constant 2k average....

But he was a little op and got nerfed?

Huh....

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Posting there for context:

    image.png

    I wouldn't jump to conclusions purely based on these stats, they include all players, all ratings and ranks.

    Not every nerf or buff is related to simply the kill rate of a Killer, there's much more involved.

  • It was based of the complaining more than anything. Survivors want to run a killer for 5 gens and make youtube videos of it and the devs seem to agree.

    I just wanted all seeing blood toned down. Touching the basekit was too far and uncalled for.

  • Wraith lowkey was kind of stronger than average. I am not a huge fan of the nerf, at all... But, I mean, it makes more sense than the Deathslinger nerfs. A LOT more sense.

  • @Rizzo said:

    Posting there for context:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/12IFAVR6QH06/image.png

    I wouldn't jump to conclusions purely based on these stats, they include all players, all ratings and ranks.

    Not every nerf or buff is related to simply the kill rate of a Killer, there's much more involved.

    Thankyou for the picture! Much appreciated!

    And sorry but rank means nothing, Escaping doesnt mean skill, sure its be better stats to see but it still doesnt give a great idea due to the way skill is determined means nothing sadly.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550022#Comment_2550022

    Thankyou for the picture! Much appreciated!

    And sorry but rank means nothing, Escaping doesnt mean skill, sure its be better stats to see but it still doesnt give a great idea due to the way skill is determined means nothing sadly.

    If ratings/ranks mean nothing then why even attempt to draw a conclusion from them in your op?

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Wraith lowkey was kind of stronger than average. I am not a huge fan of the nerf, at all... But, I mean, it makes more sense than the Deathslinger nerfs. A LOT more sense.

    Damn deathslinger with 52% even with "no counterplay" lol. I dunno I agree with @Zozzy about changing all seeing but leaving the base. Only time iv seen a wraith do somewhat okay was using all seeing to reduce mindgames through certain tiles and maps

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550022#Comment_2550022

    Thankyou for the picture! Much appreciated!

    And sorry but rank means nothing, Escaping doesnt mean skill, sure its be better stats to see but it still doesnt give a great idea due to the way skill is determined means nothing sadly.

    That's exactly my point, you cannot really determine anything from stats with no context.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550029#Comment_2550029

    Damn deathslinger with 52% even with "no counterplay" lol. I dunno I agree with @Zozzy about changing all seeing but leaving the base. Only time iv seen a wraith do somewhat okay was using all seeing to reduce mindgames through certain tiles and maps

    It is hilarious, I actually thought his lunge nerf was specifically only when using all seeing at first and literally thought to myself, "well, that makes that add on more trouble than it is worth."


    Imagine my horror when I learned they actually just did that to my ugly snarling boi...

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550030#Comment_2550030

    If ratings/ranks mean nothing then why even attempt to draw a conclusion from them in your op?

    It doesnt mean a whole lot, but as I said itd be better. I did also state I'd rather individual hooks than kills as that's much better data.

    Youd see which killers consistently could get more hooks and new hooks other killers that couldn't etc.

    But OP and not hitting even that 60% is a little bad lol

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550022#Comment_2550022

    Thankyou for the picture! Much appreciated!

    And sorry but rank means nothing, Escaping doesnt mean skill, sure its be better stats to see but it still doesnt give a great idea due to the way skill is determined means nothing sadly.

    Yh but should it count skill if the goal is an average 50% kill rate? If im more skilled, but dont use the strongest stuff, i should get a lower mmr and weaker opponents.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550033#Comment_2550033

    It doesnt mean a whole lot, but as I said itd be better. I did also state I'd rather individual hooks than kills as that's much better data.

    Youd see which killers consistently could get more hooks and new hooks other killers that couldn't etc.

    But OP and not hitting even that 60% is a little bad lol

    But you can't come to any of the conclusions that the devs have bevause you have about 3 stats as opposed to all of the ones they use, from match length to how many hatch escapes, to whatever else they use (I don't actually know either).

    Using any of the stats the devs give us for any conclusion other than the fact you can't come to a conclusion is, like... You just can't.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550030#Comment_2550030

    Yh but should it count skill if the goal is an average 50% kill rate? If im more skilled, but dont use the strongest stuff, i should get a lower mmr and weaker opponents.

    Well I think balance around kills is a dreadful idea so I'm not the one to ask. I'm the person that would rather 8 individual hooks and 0 kills over 1-7hooks and say 2kills.

    Hooks to me usually mean more chases, mindgames, outplays, pressure etc. unlike kills which could be a face camp or even everyone leaving at endgame because they want to raise their mmr

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550039#Comment_2550039

    But you can't come to any of the conclusions that the devs have bevause you have about 3 stats as opposed to all of the ones they use, from match length to how many hatch escapes, to whatever else they use (I don't actually know either).

    Using any of the stats the devs give us for any conclusion other than the fact you can't come to a conclusion is, like... You just can't.

    Oh I know, but wraith really wasn't "a little OP" as they said, the basekit change hurts his lunge so he doesnt get hits and falls into the break pallet simulator instead of more gameplay. (I made another post about this a few days ago, cant remember if you comment on it)

    I just wish they would drop this whole kills/escape stuff even with mmr, certainly isnt SKILL BASED match making

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550040#Comment_2550040

    Well I think balance around kills is a dreadful idea so I'm not the one to ask. I'm the person that would rather 8 individual hooks and 0 kills over 1-7hooks and say 2kills.

    Hooks to me usually mean more chases, mindgames, outplays, pressure etc. unlike kills which could be a face camp or even everyone leaving at endgame because they want to raise their mmr

    That would have the same problem like the old system. Its easily possible that all 5 player get a "win". (Pip/MMR increase)

    A survivor wouldnt care about getting hooked twice if he escapes, but the killer has a benefit from it. I go down intentionally to save a teammate on dead hook, if it means my chance for survival increases. I think in a working system one side needs to lose if the other wins. Kills/Escapes is the easiest solution for that, even if i personally think how you die should matter.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550043#Comment_2550043

    Oh I know, but wraith really wasn't "a little OP" as they said, the basekit change hurts his lunge so he doesnt get hits and falls into the break pallet simulator instead of more gameplay. (I made another post about this a few days ago, cant remember if you comment on it)

    I just wish they would drop this whole kills/escape stuff even with mmr, certainly isnt SKILL BASED match making

    I think problem was Wraith had guaranteed hit when he was uncloaking. His speed and lunge was too big. And wallhack wasn't fair to play around. Now u need more skill to get survivor than just hit them any time u want.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550043#Comment_2550043

    Oh I know, but wraith really wasn't "a little OP" as they said, the basekit change hurts his lunge so he doesnt get hits and falls into the break pallet simulator instead of more gameplay. (I made another post about this a few days ago, cant remember if you comment on it)

    I just wish they would drop this whole kills/escape stuff even with mmr, certainly isnt SKILL BASED match making

    I cant play the ptb, but does it really matter? In my experience wraiths lunge was useless in most loops anyway. You will lose more hits and wraiths basekit wasnt strong before the nerf, but are there many tiles, where something changes with the nerf? Wraith was and will be a noob stomper.

    I personally think the nerf was only a placebo, so less people complain.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    So we was teased the stats of kills for killers, wraith had roughly 55% meaning hes very near the constant 2k average....

    But he was a little op and got nerfed?

    Huh....

    Those stats mean fairly little in all honesty. All it really shows is that the ratio of how good a killer is to how easy a killer is to play defines their win rate.

  • @Zozzy said:

    It was based of the complaining more than anything. Survivors want to run a killer for 5 gens and make youtube videos of it and the devs seem to agree.

    I just wanted all seeing blood toned down. Touching the basekit was too far and uncalled for.

    Basically. Look at Deathslinger who is sitting at 52%.

    These were killers who weren't dominating overall and get nerfed because how dare a killer have 1 strong thing going for them.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550028#Comment_2550028

    Basically. Look at Deathslinger who is sitting at 52%.

    These were killers who weren't dominating overall and get nerfed because how dare a killer have 1 strong thing going for them.

    I really don't get why when the devs say "don't use stats to draw any conclusions" you still continue to draw conclusions

  • Bruh Cenobite got highest and he wasn't even given a lunge.

    Bald boy with the pins out here doing the grind with the bargain bin M1 ain't no other killer touchin.

  • @Rizzo said:

    Posting there for context:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/12IFAVR6QH06/image.png

    I wouldn't jump to conclusions purely based on these stats, they include all players, all ratings and ranks.

    Not every nerf or buff is related to simply the kill rate of a Killer, there's much more involved.

    It's funny how Bubba is at the top while Billy is at the bottom, soldifying even more the argument that Bubba has become far easier to play while at the same time more rewarding.

    It's also funny that both Billy and Huntress are free killers, and despite her having a tiny lower stats, she's very popular while pretty much nobody plays Billy.

    It's almost as if his nerf a year ago was a massive failure...

  • @M1MASTER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550022#Comment_2550022

    It's funny how Bubba is at the top while Billy is at the bottom, soldifying even more the argument that Bubba has become far easier to play while at the same time more rewarding.

    It's also funny that both Billy and Huntress are free killers, and despite her having a tiny lower stats, she's very popular while pretty much nobody plays Billy.

    It's almost as if his nerf a year ago was a massive failure...

    I really don't get why the devs say to not draw conclusions from the stats and you continue to draw conclusions from the stats

  • Wraith was good and Killers aren't allowed to be good, it makes the Survivors angy and they want EZ wins so they can trash talk your entire family in the post game chat.

  • Wraith got nerfed?

  • @GeneralV said:

    Wraith got nerfed?

    All Seeing blood has been reduced to 8m from 12m. His post uncloak lunge has been reduced to 1s from 1.25s.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550155#Comment_2550155

    I really don't get why the devs say to not draw conclusions from the stats and you continue to draw conclusions from the stats

    Because they balance around stats? Who cares what they might say.

    There are old clips of the devs around literally saying they wanted to nerf Billy because he was "overperforming".

    The devs don't like when a killer starts to become a popular noob stomper.

  • @M1MASTER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550182#Comment_2550182

    Because they balance around stats? Who cares what they might say.

    There are old clips of the devs around literally saying they wanted to nerf Billy because he was "overperforming".

    The devs don't like when a killer starts to become a popular noob stomper.

    They also use more stats than what we have access to.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550215#Comment_2550215

    All Seeing blood has been reduced to 8m from 12m. His post uncloak lunge has been reduced to 1s from 1.25s.

    Oh...

    It sounds...kinda fair with his base-speed right now, but I don't even know anymore.

    I am out of touch.