So there's no reason to complain about keys anymore right?

Comments

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    right?

    I don't care that much about the key nerf. What I do care about was this "The hatch will no longer spawn when there is more than one survivor in the match."


    THIS was better than ANY key nerf.

  • @MissKitty95 said:

    Oh killers will still complain they complain about everything saw a post about someone moaning about spine chill …

    And likewise, survivors will still cry everytime a killer kills them when using devour/ruin/tinkerer/undying/noed/franklins/BBQ/pop/discordance

  • Well it is the forums so anything could happen 😂😂 honestly my favourite update they've done so far.

    Really want to say a something but I'm going to hold my tongue lol

  • keys now will only give the user the escape so its better at least.

  • Yeah I agree, they should be just fine now.

  • That's what I'm thinking each time I get one in a chest

  • @TAG said:

    Yeah, no. Keys have lost nearly all their worth. But hey, at least I don't gotta feel bad bringint them in anymore.

    I disagree entirely. Now I can actually bring keys. Before I just felt it wasn't really fair. The keys aura reading abilities are great.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524407#Comment_2524407

    I disagree entirely. Now I can actually bring keys. Before I just felt it wasn't really fair. The keys aura reading abilities are great.

    I also plan to being in Keys now, so yay.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524407#Comment_2524407

    I disagree entirely. Now I can actually bring keys. Before I just felt it wasn't really fair. The keys aura reading abilities are great.

    I do hope they buff the charges of keys so the auras are worth using

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524763#Comment_2524763

    I do hope they buff the charges of keys so the auras are worth using

    I hope so too. Especially on the Dull Key.

  • Keys are pointless now. When I'm the last guy alive, I wait by exit gate for the killer to close the hatch anyway.

  • @MissKitty95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524358#Comment_2524358

    In the one out of 20 games they were used… I saw more toolboxes then I have keys and out of my killer games I’ve had 1 game were they used a key to get hatch.. yes so broken

    How do you type this and think it's in any way a logical and valid argument? Let me put it this way, "hackers are perfectly fine, I only see one every 20 - 30 games y'all are just overreacting lmao why are you complaining?"

    Could be used once every 100 matches if it's broken it's broken

  • Killers will always complain a lot. They always did and they always will.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    right?

    I can finally stop itchy trigger finger pulling franklins when I see a key in a match!!!! I'M ELATED!

    NO MORE FRANKLINS JUST BECAUSE YOU SEE A KEY IN A MATCH! THIS IS A GREAT THING!

  • I honestly thought keys were fine. It was mostly a problem of hatch spawning too quickly.

    I doubt it'll be any safer to bring a key to a match though. It kind of kills the incentive to use any key minus green keys for aura reading too, since the progress bar for hatch will likely eat up an entire key.

    Really, the mechanic needs an entire rework. This is a bit more like a bandaid effect that's going to create ripples. However, since it's such a rare thing in most matches, it's something I don't think many people including myself will really take much issue with. Aside from challenges of course.

  • @TAG said:

    Yeah, no. Keys have lost nearly all their worth. But hey, at least I don't gotta feel bad bringint them in anymore.

    Like Mori's have? Only you got another year of use out of yours.

  • Incorrect. There is still a reason to complain about keys, they are now TOO useless.

  • Unless the post was a typo, I think they went WAY too far and it doesn't even make sense. Why do you even need a key if it only spawns once one survivor is left? Doesn't it just open?


    Unless they meant 2 survivors. Even then, yeah, these changes were nice. Kind of feel like all the other killer nerfs weren't worth it, though. I would rather have the busted key and hatch interactions.

  • Don't worry, killers complaining about Dead Hard when they running the strongest builds in the game. aka Ruin, Undying, Corrupt, Pop, Tinkerer every single game.

    Literally training wheels. 0 effort, no skill.

    At least Dead hard requires something. Most DH players are so easy and predictable to counter.

    Like the bamboozle killers who vaulting literally everything, even the Z walls.

  • tbh I could give a ######### if one single survivor gets out with a key. It's the exact scenario BHVR just gave that's frustrating. 1 gen left, 3 survivors left and 1 dead. All 3 remaining survivors ninja out through a hatch.

    For me there's no reason to complain now. Yeah it's a bummer if someone gets out but it's no longer a huge middle finger to all your efforts in game now.

  • I only bitched about keys because the Mori's were nerfed but the survivor's shortcut to victory was not touched. It felt very unfair. Frankly, If they reverted the Mori's in order to keep the keys, I would of been happy with that.

    But this change, if it works as intended, is perfectly fine with me and I can live with it.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Unless the post was a typo, I think they went WAY too far and it doesn't even make sense. Why do you even need a key if it only spawns once one survivor is left? Doesn't it just open?

    Unless they meant 2 survivors. Even then, yeah, these changes were nice. Kind of feel like all the other killer nerfs weren't worth it, though. I would rather have the busted key and hatch interactions.

    You can open hatch after it's closed, but with a progress bar on top of that, I'm sure it will make the keys less attractive for dual aura reading and escaping. I think more than anything they just wanted to try to eliminate some of the sweat, but consequently made keys only useful to most players as a secondary map (which are honestly pretty rare in matches as is).

  • Yes, keys will be no issue whatsoever after this change and just like moris there will be no honest reason to complain about them.

  • Keys are still unfair, because hatch is unfair. Still a free escape, even if they have to take 5 seconds. What's changed?

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524407#Comment_2524407

    Like Mori's have? Only you got another year of use out of yours.

    I'm a killer main, yo. And yes, like Moris. As I mentioned in another thread, I find it strange that devs spent a whole year trying to figure out how to properly nerf Keys, only for them to go "eh, just run them into the ground like we did with Moris" anyways.

1 2 ›