Can we not make a survivor perk blatantly overpowered next update?

Last time we got a sole survivor it was Ash, and for those who weren't around to experience old Mettle of Man it basically gave you a free health state.

On it's own it was already incredibly strong, when all 4 survivors had it however it became one of if not the most broken stacked perk in the games history besides maybe release SB or We'll make it.

(and yes, some people on this forum unironically defended it)

I know from a business standpoint it's the right thing to do, as survivors aren't that much different from each other in a technical sense so the only reason to buy the chapter is for the perks.

Just for the love of god please don't turn the game into a Totem defence game with overpowered boon totems, or turn it into a month (or months depending on how long it takes to get changed) of stomp every killer at high mmr with the new shiny perk, as if killers don't already get stomped.

Thanks.

Comments

  • Pretty sure that's why the PTB exists. If I recall correctly, Ash didn't have a PTB, and therefore the devs didn't receive feedback regarding the first iteration of MoM.

  • There afraid to make perks op for anyside. Meta getting stale. So yeah I kinda wish there was a broken perk.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    There afraid to make perks op for anyside. Meta getting stale. So yeah I kinda wish there was a broken perk.

    Yep last time there was a survivor meta perk was 2 years ago aka mettle of man but it was broken lol

  • @indieeden7 said:

    Pretty sure that's why the PTB exists. If I recall correctly, Ash didn't have a PTB, and therefore the devs didn't receive feedback regarding the first iteration of MoM.

    As if they take feedback from PTB anyway.

    I mean as much as people nag on the devs about balance a perk that gives you a free health state would be on the devs radar for a fat nerf.

    It's obvious that one of the main reasons they made MOM op was because they wanted to sell more.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    Pretty sure that's why the PTB exists. If I recall correctly, Ash didn't have a PTB, and therefore the devs didn't receive feedback regarding the first iteration of MoM.

    Tbf,everyone with at least like 10 hours into the game would have known how dumb amd gamebreaking OG Mettle of Mans design was.

    Not their first time to release a questionable update.

    @ Topic

    Maybe let's wait until tomorrow before we start complaining.We won't know how things will work out before then anyway

  • @indieeden7 said:

    Pretty sure that's why the PTB exists. If I recall correctly, Ash didn't have a PTB, and therefore the devs didn't receive feedback regarding the first iteration of MoM.

    If he didn't have a PTB we had a lot of killer mains saying that will break the game. I remember TydeTyme, Tr3 and I think even Otz saying this is a bad idea.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521323#Comment_2521323

    Yep last time there was a survivor meta perk was 2 years ago aka mettle of man but it was broken lol

    Borrowed Time buff, made it standard in every build. There's literally no counter for it, and no downfall to running it. It guarantees safe unhooks, bp, and emblem points regardless you're own skill, or if you are just farming your team / making unsafe saves.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521328#Comment_2521328

    Borrowed Time buff, made it standard in every build. There's literally no counter for it, and no downfall to running it. It guarantees safe unhooks, bp, and emblem points regardless you're own skill, or if you are just farming your team / making unsafe saves.

    Borrowed Time was already incredibly popular. It was a weird buff because it helped but it was already popular so I bet the usage hardly changed.

    People who loved BT before the buff loved it after. People who weren’t into it before weren’t into it after

  • i really hope there is one, this game has been lacking something so stupid-fun to use for a while. I knew MoM was op but damn was it so fun to abuse.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    Pretty sure that's why the PTB exists. If I recall correctly, Ash didn't have a PTB, and therefore the devs didn't receive feedback regarding the first iteration of MoM.

    We don't have a PTB, we have a hype server.

  • Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that Boon Totems are going to be op

  • @DaWeezerd said:

    Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that Boon Totems are going to be op

    There is literally no information supporting your claim.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    Pretty sure that's why the PTB exists. If I recall correctly, Ash didn't have a PTB, and therefore the devs didn't receive feedback regarding the first iteration of MoM.

    I don't think the devs bother doing ptb's for " paragraphs " unless it's a killer but the devs should've had enough sense to see that MoM was absolutely busted.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521468#Comment_2521468

    There is literally no information supporting your claim.

    if it's being attached to a totem it should be strong since it would follow the formula of totem perks.

  • Damn I must be able to look forward into the future cos circle of healing giving the entire team med kits for free is broke asf especially in matches.

    Welp, looks like I'm a plague main until it gets nerfed.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Last time we got a sole survivor it was Ash, and for those who weren't around to experience old Mettle of Man it basically gave you a free health state.

    On it's own it was already incredibly strong, when all 4 survivors had it however it became one of if not the most broken stacked perk in the games history besides maybe release SB or We'll make it.

    (and yes, some people on this forum unironically defended it)

    I know from a business standpoint it's the right thing to do, as survivors aren't that much different from each other in a technical sense so the only reason to buy the chapter is for the perks.

    Just for the love of god please don't turn the game into a Totem defence game with overpowered boon totems, or turn it into a month (or months depending on how long it takes to get changed) of stomp every killer at high mmr with the new shiny perk, as if killers don't already get stomped.

    Thanks.

    But....then no one would buy the DLC. Behavior needs to line their pockets, bro.

  • And yet the last killer that was even close to overpowered was nerfed within days and is now absolute bottom tier.

    Also OoO gave SWFs free maphacks and took...what? A year? And basically every single killer main with an ounce of influence complaining endlessly about it, banning it from tournaments etc. for it to get a slight nerf. It's still very strong.

    And don't even get me started on DS locker play, the endless spots where survivors could crawl and not be able to get picked up (some still exist!), the office near-infinite on RPD (which will likely never be changed), the flashlight stun fiasco...yeah, the list goes on.

    Writing it all out like this makes me wonder why I even bother.

  • Are all survivor perks supposed to be niche and or not powerful?

    Both sides deserve some strong perks. That being said I'm appalled at the fact that CoH hit live the way it did. The existence of a PTB should have prevented this from happening but uh.. Yeah.

    As a whole though I'm happy with Boon Totems, they're a really cool new mechanic. Same for Scourge Hooks. They're trying to implement new mechanics and keep things fresh which I appreciate although.. I would much rather something be done about face camping, map sizes/broken tile layouts, blatant hackers and cheating and some form of early game stall for all killers.

  • @PapiKingley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521480#Comment_2521480

    if it's being attached to a totem it should be strong since it would follow the formula of totem perks.

    Except boon totems can't be removed permanently.

  • unfortunately no but hey what can you do

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Damn I must be able to look forward into the future cos circle of healing giving the entire team med kits for free is broke asf especially in matches.

    Welp, looks like I'm a plague main until it gets nerfed.

    Not broken lol killers are over reacting you guys have so many broken perks it’s not even funny

  • @coolmacc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593560#Comment_2593560

    Not broken lol killers are over reacting you guys have so many broken perks it’s not even funny

    Broken. Do you see how pitifully easy it is to destroy a Hex Totem? Do you know how insanely strong 100% healing speed and no scratch marks is? If you can't, you are not a Killer player and have never played more than one brown rank game.

  • @coolmacc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593560#Comment_2593560

    Not broken lol killers are over reacting you guys have so many broken perks it’s not even funny

    Broken perks like?

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Damn I must be able to look forward into the future cos circle of healing giving the entire team med kits for free is broke asf especially in matches.

    Welp, looks like I'm a plague main until it gets nerfed.

    Why is killers always calling for the nerf of survivor perks and nobody bats an eye but yet when survivors call for nerfs we get told to get over it and that we need to get good. Take your own advice 🤦 *for the record I play killer more than survivor*

  • Taking bets the next boon perk will grant survivors an extra damage state (like borrowed time) if they take a hit while injured within the boon's radius.

    "Just snuff out the totem" they'll say.

    "It's only if you get hit within the 24m radius" they'll say.

    ---

    No joke though, I'm actually really paranoid that they're going to nerf boons to be single use and then raise the effects to a ridiculous level like this.

    I really am hoping I'm unjustifiably paranoid, but this has been gnawing at the back of my mind for a bit now.