The pig is getting a addon pass!!!

I'm so hyped I love the pig but don't play her much bc she's pretty weak hopefully these are good changes to her

Comments

  • What Pig needs is not addon changes, it's base kit changes IMO. She has some very strong addons, and i hope that if they don't change her base kit at least they leave her strong addons intact.

  • Don't get your hopes up. Past addon passes have basically targeted the most used (effective) addons and nerfed them thinking that will increase use of the other (less effective) addons. I am terrified of what they are going to do to Shape and Ghostface due to how addon dependent they both are.

  • @JayDoesGames said:

    She is? Source?

    Developer update part 1

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SRZMCXMMSGRQ/announcement.png

    We’re back with another Developer Update, a series of posts outlining some of the upcoming changes to Dead by Daylight. You read that title correctly, this is part one; there’s so much to cover this time around that we couldn’t fit it all in one post. (And the writer passed out halfway through typing this.)

    Killer Updates

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/10MY7H7HUVMF/bannertrapper.png

    The Trapper 

    Starting things off with a bang (or rather, a snap), we’ve made a series of small changes to The Trapper. 

    Did you know that the number of bear traps that spawn on the map is random? That’s right, each trial will spawn between 4-6 bear traps at random. Now you can take this interesting little fact and completely forget about it because that’s no longer how it works: now, 6 traps will always spawn (not including the traps you load in carrying). This takes away some of the random element in playing The Trapper and makes each match feel more consistent.

    Having more traps is great and all, but wouldn’t it be nice to carry more than one without add-ons? We sure think so. The Trapper will now be able to carry—and start with—two bear traps by default. This will help you get up and running quicker without relying on add-ons. The Trapper’s bag add-ons have been adjusted or repurposed accordingly. 

    Finally, on the subject of add-ons, we’ve done a pass on some of his least used add-ons and either increased their effects, removed their downsides, or gave them new effects entirely.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/X0ZSX42FN75L/trapperaddons.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/C7DBLEUF4P6F/patchnotesdividersmolwhite.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/N8FDR460T3Q2/bannerspirit.png

    The Spirit 

    The Spirit has been a strong Killer since her release, and with that in mind, we’ve made some changes that aim to increase her skill ceiling whilst also giving Survivors some counterplay. 

    When close to The Spirit’s husk, Survivors will not receive any indication that The Spirit is phase walking. Originally this was intended to be a fun mind game (“Is she using her power, or is she faking it?”), though in practice, it often doesn’t feel that way. This lack of feedback forces you to make a guess and hope it pays off, which can be great when it works out in your favour, but can also feel awful when it doesn’t. 

    To add more skill into The Spirit’s counterplay, we’re making two changes: 

    1. Any Survivor within 24m of The Spirit will now hear a directional phase sound. This lets you know whether or not she is phasing and also gives you a rough idea of which direction she’s coming from. 
    2. The Spirit’s footsteps will now kick up dust while she is phasing. Keen Survivors may be able to pinpoint where she is, but tall grass and other obstacles may make it difficult. 

    These two changes aim to add more skill into playing as and against The Spirit and reduce the reliance on ‘coin flips’ (where you make a guess and hope it pays off). 

    Additionally, we’ve done a pass on some of The Spirit’s add-ons to bring them more in line and make the lesser used add-ons more appealing. Like The Trapper, some of these changes are small tweaks while others are completely new effects.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9S7JHZV184C9/spiritaddons.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8YTMVQWM5ZD8/patchnotesdivider.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/AW12ROXVLTQ8/banneraddons.png

    Killer Add-ons Update 

    What does moderately mean? How much more is tremendously compared to considerably? If you ever found yourself in this situation, you’re not alone. We used descriptive words like these to keep descriptions simple, but they end up causing just as much confusion since it’s not immediately clear how much they’re doing. With that in mind, we have done a pass on all Killer add-ons to list their exact effects. We plan to extend this to the rest of the game—Items, perks, etc.—in the future. 

    On top of that, Killer add-ons that apply a status effect will now have a brief description of what that status effect does. 

    While our designers were going through hundreds of Killer add-ons one by one to update their descriptions, they also noted down a few for changes as well. There’s far too many to list here, but we’ve changed some add-ons for the following Killers: 

    • The Hillbilly 
    • The Nurse 
    • The Shape 
    • The Hag 
    • The Oni 
    • The Blight 
    • The Wraith 
    • The Pig 
    • The Ghost Face 

    These changes focus mostly on unused add-ons, or add-ons that are too weak/powerful.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2EHO2W1OON09/patchnotesdivider.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/JMS35MSSKPNS/bannerperks.png

    Perks Updates 

    Variety is the spice of life, and incidentally, Dead by Daylight matches too. In an ongoing effort to give you more options to choose from, we’re updating a huge list of perks. Without further ado, let’s run through some of them quickly: 

    Vigil 

    Nice and simple: We’re increasing the recovery rate from 10/15/20% to 20/25/30%. Additionally, Vigil will now increase the recovery rate of the Broken, Exposed, and Oblivious status effects as well (where applicable). In short, more situations where it’s useful, and even faster recovery too. 

    Babysitter/Guardian 

    Another small tweak: The rescued Survivor will now receive a speed boost for 4/6/8 seconds in addition to not leaving Scratch Marks or Pools of Blood. The aura reading duration has also been doubled. 

    For the People 

    For the People can create some amazing moments, but the trade-off of being Broken can make it very risky to justify using. We’re decreasing the duration of the Broken status effect from 110/100/90 seconds to 80/70/60 seconds. 

    Hex: Retribution 

    Previously, Hex: Retribution would only make a Survivor Oblivious if they cleansed a dull totem. Now, interacting with any kind of totem will make them Oblivious. Additionally, we’ve increased the aura reading duration once a hex totem is cleansed to 15 seconds. 

    Hex: Blood Favor 

    This perk shipped with very safe conditions so it didn’t get out of control. Upon reflection, we feel comfortable with removing some of these restrictions. Hex: Blood Favor will no longer have a cooldown, and will also activate upon successful Special Attacks as well. 

    Hex: The Third Seal 

    Just like the above, we’ve added Special Attacks to Hex: Third Seal as well. This should make the perk more practical on Killers that focus more on dealing damage with their power. 

    Hex: Thrill of the Hunt 

    With Boon perks making their way to the game (more on this soon!), we decided to give Thrill of the Hunt some love by extending the speed penalty from Cleansing to Blessing as well.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UBSSKAL0J967/patchnotesdivider.png

    Item & Character Kill Switch 

    Last but not least, let’s talk about a game health feature: The Item & Character Kill Switch. With over 50 playable characters and their cosmetics, nearly 200 perks and hundreds more add-ons and offerings in the game, sometimes things do break. Rarely, things will break in a way that makes them exploitable, and that can make the next week or two before a fix really rough. 

    Enter the Kill Switch. (It’s actually a lot nicer than it sounds!) 

    The Kill Switch allows us to disable anything that’s causing an issue without needing an update. When something breaks and becomes exploitable, we switch it off until it is fixed. This is something we’ve been able to do with maps for a while now to great effect. Disabled items & characters will be clearly marked and cannot be selected. 

    What this means to you: When that one thing breaks and people start to abuse it, you won’t have to play against it for a week or two until there’s a fix.

     

    With that, we’ll give you a break from reading for today. But we’re just getting started. There’s a lot more to cover, so come back Monday for part 2. 

    The Dead by Daylight team 


  • Pig's addons are super inconsistent, her best addons are either purple or brown. Ideally they'll make combat straps basekit and do tweak her iridescents to be more impactful.

  • While she does need an addon pass for sure, her base kit has needed huge changes for literally years now. Traps are inconsistent, crouch is garbage, and the ambush dangles on the edge of useless.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514168#Comment_2514168

    Did you see freddys IRI add on pass ? What makes you think they'll make her IRIS good ? 🤣

    They made pinheads iridescents good and he has great Addons. It’s very strange one time we get great addons(Pinhead) but sometimes we get ######### addons(Billy,Nurse)

  • Peanits made an additional comment about the addon changes:

    @Peanits said:

    To set expectations realistically, I just want to note that this is not a full add-on pass. As amazing as it would be to do a pass on so many Killer's add-ons all at once, that would end up being years of work squeezed into a single update.

    More accurately, it's a pass on some of the underpowered, overpowered, or unused add-ons for a bunch of different Killers (rather than a bunch of add-ons for a single Killer like we usually do).


  • "We have given Pig an add-on pass.

    Her Tampered Timer now adds 30 seconds to the survivors timer.

    We feel this is in line with her other add-ons. It is the only change we're making at this time."

    Why do I get the feeling that's what we're going to see?

  • im so excited to see the changes!

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514168#Comment_2514168

    Did you see freddys IRI add on pass ? What makes you think they'll make her IRIS good ? 🤣

    Her iris are already bad enough that nobody uses them, if they make them worse nothing will really change so 🤷‍♂️

  • Guarantee they're changing tampered timer.

  • Still kinda pissed ghostface can move faster while crouching than pig....

  • I'm with the rest of this group

    I'm worried about what the devs are going to give us Pig players

  • @vacaman said:

    What Pig needs is not addon changes, it's base kit changes IMO. She has some very strong addons, and i hope that if they don't change her base kit at least they leave her strong addons intact.

    She absolutely needs add-on changes. More than half her add-ons are garbage.

  • She is not. Thats just a list of killers getting few add ons changes.

    So crate of gears and tempered timer are gonna get rekt, and thats probably about it lmao

    Source:

    Screenshot_20210923-191922.png


  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    I'm so hyped I love the pig but don't play her much bc she's pretty weak hopefully these are good changes to her

    I bet it's only gonna be tampered timer change. So I wouldn't get my hopes up

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    She is not. Thats just a list of killers getting few add ons changes.

    So crate of gears and tempered timer are gonna get rekt, and thats probably about it lmao

    Source:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/29NZLS1ZVCWT/screenshot-20210923-191922.png

    It does say this:

    "These changes focus mostly on unused add-ons, or add-ons that are too weak/powerful."

    So it is not unreasonable to assume that it won't just be "lawl nerf timer and crate gg"

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514388#Comment_2514388

    It does say this:

    "These changes focus mostly on unused add-ons, or add-ons that are too weak/powerful."

    So it is not unreasonable to assume that it won't just be "lawl nerf timer and crate gg"

    She needs a basekit change, doesnt matter what add ons they buff on her. And I think its safe to assume timer and crate is getting nerfed

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514410#Comment_2514410

    She needs a basekit change, doesnt matter what add ons they buff on her. And I think its safe to assume timer and crate is getting nerfed

    I didn't dispute the likelihood that TT + Crate are getting nerfed. I said it is safe to assume that it won't just be that.

  • Only changes to some addons. My guess is just tampered timer nerf maybe crate nerf but I doubt much else aside from that. Amandas letter maybe. I would say they should look at her like hemrage/blindness ones because all of those except the exhaustion is pretty useless but considering how much of them there are across so many killers I severly doubt it. My guess is Crate Timer and Letter.

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    I'm so hyped I love the pig but don't play her much bc she's pretty weak hopefully these are good changes to her

    I think she needs addons buff, BUT, I also think they should adress her power. Her rush attack is pretty weak compared to other killers power. You need to bend down (movement speed reduction) and charge the power. Survivor just hold W and gain distance on her.

    When I play on her "Save the best for last", is very annoying when u are chasing your obssesion and he knows you are on him.

  • So many of her addons need changes. Tampered Timer and Crate of Gears are her only decent addons (besides Ambush addons) because of how her basekit power works, there's not much to do there. I hope they focus on the more weak or useless addons (looking at you, Amanda's Secret).

  • To me that spells out all of her addons though

    Some are needed others not used:

    Tampered Timer- Needed

    Crate of Gears- Needed

    Combat Straps- Needed

    Video Tape- Needed

    Razor Wire- Not used

    Interlocking Razors- Not used

    Utility Blades- Not used

    Rusty Attachments- Not used

  • I wouldn't hold my breath for buffs. She probably gets nerfs, since her kill rate is quite high.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    She is not. Thats just a list of killers getting few add ons changes.

    So crate of gears and tempered timer are gonna get rekt, and thats probably about it lmao

    Source:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/29NZLS1ZVCWT/screenshot-20210923-191922.png

    It would takes years to rebalance add-ons? I can understand it isn't like boom, and done in a week, but years? That seems like a very long time.

  • @Tsulan said:

    I wouldn't hold my breath for buffs. She probably gets nerfs, since her kill rate is quite high.

    Nurse isn't used very often, would you buff her?

    Pig has high kill rates because of an RNG power, its flawed at its core and needs heavy changes if not a full rework.

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514594#Comment_2514594

    Nurse isn't used very often, would you buff her?

    Pig has high kill rates because of an RNG power, its flawed at its core and needs heavy changes if not a full rework.

    I know. But the devs look at the kill rates and buff/nerf accordingly. With the exception of nurse.

  • Pig getting an addon pass is better than her being ignored. But a rework is what she really needs

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514623#Comment_2514623

    I know. But the devs look at the kill rates and buff/nerf accordingly. With the exception of nurse.

    If they make one exception because they know of an underlying condition, they should be able to make a second. As long as the new stronger addons don't increase the lethality of RNG then Pig buffs would be welcomed.

  • Two possible basekit changes I've pondered:

    Make Ruleset Number 2 basekit: Survivors can not see the Jigsaw boxes until their traps activate. I don't know how commonly they get their traps off pre- activation but if it's an issue that should help.

    Fix the odds of a Jigsaw Box freeing the Survivor. First box they try is 25% chance, and becomes 50%/75%/100% from there, with adjustments from box-changing addons. To be honest, I'm not sure if this would make the Pig's RNG issues better or worse but should at least lower times they get traps off the first try.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    Two possible basekit changes I've pondered:

    Make Ruleset Number 2 basekit: Survivors can not see the Jigsaw boxes until their traps activate. I don't know how commonly they get their traps off pre- activation but if it's an issue that should help.

    Fix the odds of a Jigsaw Box freeing the Survivor. First box they try is 25% chance, and becomes 50%/75%/100% from there, with adjustments from box-changing addons. To be honest, I'm not sure if this would make the Pig's RNG issues better or worse but should at least lower times they get traps off the first try.

    The odds of getting a Trap off are 25%/33.33%/50%/100% by default. So you're kinda just making it strictly worse for Pig. :P

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514652#Comment_2514652

    The odds of getting a Trap off are 25%/33.33%/50%/100% by default. So you're kinda just making it strictly worse for Pig. :P

    Really. I was always under the impression that one specific box was the one to get and all others would fail, so life or death would darkens purely on a lucky guess.

    If it's already%-based then nevermind that idea.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514668#Comment_2514668

    Really. I was always under the impression that one specific box was the one to get and all others would fail, so life or death would darkens purely on a lucky guess.

    If it's already%-based then nevermind that idea.

    "I was always under the impression that one specific box was the one to get and all others would fail, so life or death would darkens purely on a lucky guess."

    That is indeed how it works. The percentages I listed are just the natural probabilities of getting the Trap off with each attempt. :P

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514143#Comment_2514143

    She absolutely needs add-on changes. More than half her add-ons are garbage.

    Agreed. Many encourage persuing the trapped surv as they only effect them, imo the incorrect way to play her. Other add-ons actively hurt her performance altogether.

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514633#Comment_2514633

    If they make one exception because they know of an underlying condition, they should be able to make a second. As long as the new stronger addons don't increase the lethality of RNG then Pig buffs would be welcomed.

    I think they make the nurse exception because of her past. Anyway, we´ll probably see details once the PTB goes live.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514676#Comment_2514676

    "I was always under the impression that one specific box was the one to get and all others would fail, so life or death would darkens purely on a lucky guess."

    That is indeed how it works. The percentages I listed are just the natural probabilities of getting the Trap off with each attempt. :P

    In that case the numbers are flexible as my intent was to standardize the percentages/ odds of a box working rather than have it a a natural consequence, similar to how escapes from the Trapper's bear traps were standardized to start low but increase each attempt and having that chance exist regardless of the box used. Do instead of one box as 100% and 3 boxes 0%, all four boxes would have a 1 in 4 chance [or whatever percentage you want to give it].

    I can see how it makes things worse in one aspect, but also might help in others.

  • @Mattie_MayhemOG said:

    Don't get your hopes up. Past addon passes have basically targeted the most used (effective) addons and nerfed them thinking that will increase use of the other (less effective) addons. I am terrified of what they are going to do to Shape and Ghostface due to how addon dependent they both are.

    I'll get so angry if they nerf Ghostface's recovery add-ons without touching his base-kit's recovery time.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514691#Comment_2514691

    In that case the numbers are flexible as my intent was to standardize the percentages/ odds of a box working rather than have it a a natural consequence, similar to how escapes from the Trapper's bear traps were standardized to start low but increase each attempt and having that chance exist regardless of the box used. Do instead of one box as 100% and 3 boxes 0%, all four boxes would have a 1 in 4 chance [or whatever percentage you want to give it].

    I can see how it makes things worse in one aspect, but also might help in others.

    I happen to think the Trapper's traps should function more like Jigsaw Box searches, but that's just me.

    The way I see it, if you want to fudge the numbers, just make the first box auto-fail and leave the rest as-is. I don"t see the necessity of changing the probability of the boxes beyond the first one (as I believe that a first box escape can be super punishing for the Pig).

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2514865#Comment_2514865

    I happen to think the Trapper's traps should function more like Jigsaw Box searches, but that's just me.

    The way I see it, if you want to fudge the numbers, just make the first box auto-fail and leave the rest as-is. I don"t see the necessity of changing the probability of the boxes beyond the first one (as I believe that a first box escape can be super punishing for the Pig).

    True, but at the same time a Survivor having zero chance at getting out of the trap on the first try is also needlessly punishing.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515086#Comment_2515086

    True, but at the same time a Survivor having zero chance at getting out of the trap on the first try is also needlessly punishing.

    May I ask how?

  • Bye bye, Tampered Timer, I won't miss you.

    Hopefully after this, y'all get more than 3 addons that affect crouch/ambush. Because that's what Pig players like more apparently.

  • @KingFrost said:

    "We have given Pig an add-on pass.

    Her Tampered Timer now adds 30 seconds to the survivors timer.

    We feel this is in line with her other add-ons. It is the only change we're making at this time."

    Why do I get the feeling that's what we're going to see?

    You really relize BHVR .lamo

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515086#Comment_2515086

    True, but at the same time a Survivor having zero chance at getting out of the trap on the first try is also needlessly punishing.

    Pig is to dependent on rng lol

  • Pig needs more than addon changes, she also needs changed to her base kit to make it better and reliable.

    But for addons, I hope they buff some of her addons to make them more useful. The only thing I'm worried about is that they might make some unnecessary nerfs to some of them.