How many killer mains have switched to survivor? I haveš
Seriously there is no reason not to play survivor...instant queues and less stress.
Depending on your sbmm, gens can be rushed very quickly and leaves time to go loop the killer. I average almost as much as a sweaty killer 2k matchš¤£š¤£š¤£š¤£
I am going to see if not playing killer at all will lower sbmm (getting stomped isnt doing anything).
How are your experiences converting? āŗ
Comments
The few times i play killer anymore i get some lagswitching loser and the queues are eternal just to get into a game where gens go in 3 minutes or i 4 man slug. So yeah... I mostly play survivor with friends now and play much less than i used to.
It really feels better and when you get bored it is just extra time to play other games. š
Survivor isnāt fun either. Tunneling and camping every match. Every killer.
Unfun playstyles are rewarded.
I never know where people on this forum find all those camping and tunneling killers.
Most of them probably because they don't understand what it means and every killer that kills them is filthy tunneler for them...
and how the hell is it rewarded?
Are people's queue times really permanently fudged? Mine haven't changed. It's still fast survivor matches during the day and fast killer matches in the evening. I was trying to use up the last of Nancy's Sacrificial Cakes last night and it took forever, I spent way more time in the queue than I did in matches. I think watching the campfire was more fun than actually being in a match, though, so whatever.
Once you reach higher sbmm then play another game...the stress gained by this new system isnt worth playing for long amounts of timeš
No, I mean exactly what I said. Killers are pitching tents and tunneling. Nurse on the game map. Got tunneled to death by a Freddy on Hawkins on Zubatlelās stream.
I have always enjoyed survivor more, and I've been taking advantage of the shorter queue times on that side. It's been pretty nice. Stress free games.
Used to play killer and felt like I was performing a public service and facilitating fun for others. It's nice to not have to do that anymore.
Yeah not planning to play killer again for a long while.
Everyone's experience is different, but earlier this year I noticed an increase of killers standing next to hook or proxy camping for very long periods of time (not chasing someone around hook or just checking to make sure no one was hiding nearby, but keeping the area totally secure until 2nd hook or longer) and tunneling (actual tunneling, determined by reworked DS's rules) without going after anyone else trying to take aggro very early in the match.
That trend has continued all year long. It wasn't uncommon to be sweat out of a match very quickly during the anniversary event even with 5 cakes.
Going back to everyone's experiences being different, several players are only now noticing the increase in camping and tunneling, while nothing has really changed on my end.
I haven't fully converted yet. I like having good teammates. It's fun.
I honestly don't think I'll ever quit playing killer. I play both but I lean more on killer side even with SBMM, I love playing Trickster too much :)
I mostly play survivor cause it's chill and my queue times are less than 30 sec while it takes on average 6 min to find a game as killer during daytime. Currently max was 20 min, and fastest was something around 1 min. Past midnight its less than 20 sec but i prefer to rest and sleep than playing game during night.
l once killer mains,but now I'm survivors mains after SBMM.
Still killer main, I don't really care about harder games, but I hate how Grades work.
I usually enjoy it more than free games, but SWF who don't understand they have advantage and are toxic af any time they win are annoying. I always wish I used better perks / killer on them.
Yeah it is liberatingš
Yeah and the sweats are playing hard at that timeš¤£
I was already a survivor main, but with the announced gutting of Spirit, I'll be done with killer entirely.
MMR hasn't exactly been fun as survivor either. Honestly burning out on DBD with all the horrible changes over the past year.
And Ruin/Undying every game, it becomes tiring.
Welcome to the club...play some survivor and when it gets boring there are other games to play...I have personally been playing a few games of survivor get bored and play the maaa effect legendary collection(so much more fulfilling āŗ)
It is necessary for the most part...any killer match without gen regression of some kind is just stacking the survivor side even moreš¤£
There is Pop Goes the Weasel for people who actually are playing well.
Really? So what is pop goes the weasels purpose?š¤š
The same but there is interaction, where Ruin is just going back to gens, plus making the surv to lose even more time because they have to run around the whole map.
Pop for chad, Ruin for noobs.
So it is gen regression correct š that was the point of my original post.
Ruin requires you to apply pressure or it is useless.
So any major dbd streamer that uses ruin is a noob?
DS isn't an anti-tunneling perk. Don't get me wrong, it got nerfed, and the nerf was good, but what would have actually made it an anti-tunneling perk was if it turned off when someone else was hooked and during EGC.
That being said, yeah. I am playing a lot more survivor than killer lately. Killer is more interesting due to the variety of powers, but survivor is just so much easier now that MMR puts me with solo q players who know what they are doing.
Honestly, the pallet thing kinda did me in for killer. Just getting blue balled so often, where I play perfectly and do what the game wants, and still get denied, I am just like, well, screw it. I am honestly just leveling up my Rift and will probably quit till the next one. Game isn't enjoyable anymore.
The problems with Pop are that maps are too large and hooking takes too long, and it forces tunneling/commitment. You can't run it effectively without a mobility based killer. I have literally had games where I had lethal pursuer, got to the gen that had two people, stopped them, got a down in 20 seconds, hooked, and a gen pops.
Why? Survivors tend to spawn next to gens, or with them in sight. They also tend to spawn with other survivors. That gives you ~50 seconds, including the walking time. However, on a lot of the maps, it can easily take 20-30 seconds just to walk to the areas the survivors are at, even if you know exactly where they spawned. Then, even with quick downs, the actual process of picking up and hooking usually takes 10-15 seconds if you time them. So, 20 second walk, 20 second down, 10 seconds to hook, and bam. 1/12th your objective is done, and 1/5th the survivor objective is done under best conditions. And the other survivor you scared off the gen probably has it to about 70%. You pop it, and grats. You are at 50%. And even though you spend 2.6 seconds kicking the gen, they spend .1 second stopping the regression.
And you HAVE to get the person you are after. Ruin allows you to effectively spread pressure by attacking multiple locations at once. ACTUALLY pressuring the gens. Since Pop requires a hook, you have to make commitments to downing survivors instead of saving your gens, and hope they are still there when you get back.
Ruin is just all around the better perk, even from a game design standpoint. Except survivors can literally spawn on it and remove your perk in 16 seconds.
I meant the conditions it activates under. Getting downed immediately after an unhook before you have the chance to do anything else.
Hopefully people find something to enjoy again. Like I said, the game has been this bad in my experience for months and months now, so I sympathize. I just learned to roll with the punches and continue to play regardless, taking as many breaks as necessary.
I have gotten to the point I rarely play killer anymore because it is too stressful. They are taking all the killers who are viable at higher MMR and making them unviable, but then you play the average killers, and they just can't compete at a certain point. 75% of my time is spent playing killer, but with the pallet hit BS and playing against better survivors, even if my mind games are good, their reaction speeds trump anything I can do, since they just have to be able to hit space before the server registers my hit as connecting.
Then I play survivor and out of my last two game sessions, 7/11 games had people ragequit on first hook. Then we have a LOT of people in this community defending these people like they didn't opt into playing a team game then throw a hissy when they went down. If this was something that happened once every 20-30 games, sure, you could justify there might have been a good reason. But this isn't a DC. It is something they do intentionally. And it happens more often than not. So half the games are 4ks for the killer, regardless of how they play, because it became a 3v1 2 minutes into the match. Then the others, it's not uncommon for the killer to get 2-3 hooks all game. I can easily loop a killer around for 3-4 minutes. It's not as stressful, but unless someone quits, it feels like such an instant win. And even if someone quits, we have still won a game or two.
There is less and less to enjoy about this game, and they keep balancing it for lower tier players, so higher MMR is just becoming uninteresting. You either get a DC/Suicide and get a 4k, or you don't and get a 0k. I have seen more 4ks or 0ks than I have seen 1, 2, and 3ks combined, even with previous hatch. As killer you deal with loops with no mindgames and pallets with no options, and it is boring. As survivor, there is always another pallet, another window, another second chance, and another long stretch of W, or you hold M1 till you win. And it's boring.
Edit: 75% of my time WAS spent playing Killer. I think I have played 3-4 matches in the last week.
I may just bounce off to overwatch again or another horror game with less stress on one end my Survivor's side always is lacking and regaining my silver I is become stupid annoying. I'll just become super toxic build and playstyle along with aggressively hooking and if I feel bad mayne one will see the hatch IF THEY don't wiggle.
Yeah, before mmr i played like 90% killer 10% surv, now this last 2 weeks i have been playing like 60% surv 40% killer. Its sad
Edit: Also something important, i dont know in your countries, but almost every top streamer from my country is slowly quitting the game, playing less and less and a lot of times as survs (when they are all main killers) I dont know what bhvr is doing, maybe the numbers are working because there is a lot of new people buying the game, but 2 out of 3 people i know are thinking about leaving the game. Its sad the game is being balanced fully thinking into new players, and not thinking about high mmr, which basically makes playing not worth it because its no more enjoyable at all. A shame
Funny enough, last time I quit the game, I came back because Deathslinger's design was cool. Even if he wasn't strong, just the idea. And now, coincidentally, with them destroying him, I am also reaching the point my interest in the game is waning. Thinking of getting back into Table Top Gaming.
4 dc from Survivor's whom already get handouts and the Survivor's said they did it because they hate playing against my killer. So no challenge complete, when did people hate the clown who is a actually joke? Honk honk~