A Free Auric Cell Ad. Shady?

I just woke up this morning and I found this recommended to me on Youtube.

A video guide on how to go to a website and get free auric cells, shards and bloodpoints. Every player's dream! I figured it was some kind of scam, but I watched it anyway.

Except it was an ad. Someone paid to get this seen. And weirdly enough, I betcha it wasn't BHVR.

I'm not gonna link the video itself incase it turns out to be some supercheat that gets people banned or something, but how shady is this?

Comments

  • I saw them a ton too I dont know how is this allowed by BEhaviour.

  • If there is an arrow on thumbnail I never watch it.

  • Very. Auric Cells are the games paid currency and the only way to earn them besides buying them is using the paid battle pass, which you need to buy with Auric Cells to begin with. Never trust something too good to be true.

  • I've seen a lot of games do that, its very shady, there is no way they ever work.

  • Report it to Youtube.

  • I think its for mobile version cause there you can really get free auric cells just by playing

  • Def a scam.

    On an unrelated note I've never told you guys thisΒ before but I'm actually a prince and heir to the throne of a small country in Europe (you wouldn't have heard of us) and my family owns the nation's largest auric cell mines. The reason I'm mentioning this is because I can provide one of you with all the auric cells youΒ could ever need, however there's some admin/red tape issues, just a small annoyance really but I need someone with a US bank account to wire me a small amount of auric cells, no more than 20k of them, so that I can start doing business in the land of opportunity. 20k cells in exchange for unlimited cells forever? Opportunities like this don't come around often and I have a lot of interest already so I suggest you act quickly!

  • does this video even exist? can't find it

    Edit: found it by the link of the screenshot and it made me piss of laugher literally 2021 version of how to get free gems in clash of clans

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    does this video even exist? can't find it

    It does, but I think it's only viewable if you get the link.

    I would link it, but I don't want a mod going "π“¨π“žπ“€'π“₯𝓔 𝓀𝓝𝓛𝓔𝓐𝓒𝓗𝓔𝓓 𝓣𝓗𝓔 π“•π“žπ“‘π“‘π“˜π““π““π“”π“ 𝓣𝓔𝓒𝓗" and banning my ass.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487293#Comment_2487293

    It does, but I think it's only viewable if you get the link.

    I would link it, but I don't want a mod going "π“¨π“žπ“€'π“₯𝓔 𝓀𝓝𝓛𝓔𝓐𝓒𝓗𝓔𝓓 𝓣𝓗𝓔 π“•π“žπ“‘π“‘π“˜π““π““π“”π“ 𝓣𝓔𝓒𝓗" and banning my ass.

    ye I edited my comment I watched it now

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Def a scam.

    On an unrelated note I've never told you guys thisΒ before but I'm actually a prince and heir to the throne of a small country in Europe (you wouldn't have heard of us) and my family owns the nation's largest auric cell mines. The reason I'm mentioning this is because I can provide one of you with all the auric cells youΒ could ever need, however there's some admin/red tape issues, just a small annoyance really but I need someone with a US bank account to wire me a small amount of auric cells, no more than 20k of them, so that I can start doing business in the land of opportunity. 20k cells in exchange for unlimited cells forever? Opportunities like this don't come around often and I have a lot of interest already so I suggest you act quickly!

    Seems legit. Here's my social security number, date of birth, credit card information, and I'm putting you on my will.

    (In case this isn't clear enough: those ads are scams.)

  • Wait, did you actually think that you could get this stuff for free?

  • @PanicSquid said:

    Wait, did you actually think that you could get this stuff for free?

    I'm old, I don't know how the hell this newfangled phone things work.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487358#Comment_2487358

    I'm old, I don't know how the hell this newfangled phone things work.

    In case you're serious:

    Never click on anything that claims to offer something for free.

    Never share your personal information with anyone online.

    Never click on any ads, period.

    Never trust any text messages or emails you didn't ask for.

    Never install any software someone/something else tries to push onto you.


    That should have you covered regarding cybersecurity.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487374#Comment_2487374

    In case you're serious:

    Never click on anything that claims to offer something for free.

    Never share your personal information with anyone online.

    Never click on any ads, period.

    Never trust any text messages or emails you didn't ask for.

    Never install any software someone/something else tries to push onto you.

    That should have you covered regarding cybersecurity.

    Semi-serious.

    I'm paranoid enough not to try any of that "get-free-#########-easy, just-do-X, Y and Z" business, I just don't know if it'd actually work here or not.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487378#Comment_2487378

    Semi-serious.

    I'm paranoid enough not to try any of that "get-free-#########-easy, just-do-X, Y and Z" business, I just don't know if it'd actually work here or not.

    Trust me: it never works. It's always a scam to steal your information and/or account.

  • I actually tried this with different games on my old phone years ago but they never worked. They’d want me to download apps (usually other games or news apps) but even then it wouldn’t work. These people just want money and to put a virus on your device. Nothing really happened but it’s still a waste of time and a huge risk.

  • If anyone's curious what the catch is, they want you to download an app and do a survey (and then will probably never give you the cells anyway).

  • This is the equivalent to a big white truck with the letters "CANDY" written on it.

    Just dont go on the respective websites.

  • @Shaped said:

    If there is an arrow on thumbnail I never watch it.

    But how would you know the focus of a video if they don't point at it?

  • So shady, don't click on it. You could get like a virus or something.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    This is the equivalent to a big white truck with the letters "CANDY" written on it.

    Just dont go on the respective websites.

    Remember kids, if a strange man offers you sweets, there's probably more in his car!

  • The picture used is from DBD Mobile. You get free shards/auric cells from doing challenges on DBD mobile.