Why isn't Pinhead able to see the Lament of Configuration's aura?

I can't see why he shouldn't, what's the point of picking it up if you never know where it is unless you hear it 1 meter away

Meanwhile survivors can cheese it in many ways

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Because then you'd just be able to walk right on over to it every time and get a free chain hunt.

    This. The chain hunt is amazing and if you can keep that up it's a lot of gen pressure. One match I happen to come across it at the start. It helped a lot.

  • As @Bloodshade said. It would make it way too easy to constantly start chain hunts, the survivors would not be able to do anything.

  • Having an on demand reveal of where all survivors are and starting the chain hunt would be a little too strong.

    I've been playing with hoarder and grabbing the boxes off of survivors has been really useful.

  • Because it would be OP

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Because then you'd just be able to walk right on over to it every time and get a free chain hunt.

    Yes but it is not always convenient

    If chain hunt is too oppressive then maybe make the one from the box with a limited duration like 10 seconds or that speeds up the hunt, or just remove it from the box and keep the "static blast effect", this way he would be a doctor with teleport, and doctor is not so oppressive

  • I wouldn’t mind being able to see it in a 4-8m range

  • Then they could just remove it from the box, and keep the scream effect for tracking, because right now you will never find the box, so the free chain hunt is useless anyway

  • I'm of the opinion that it should be harder for Survivors to find the box and easier for Pinhead. Originally, I was thinking 32 meter aura reading for both Survivors and Pinhead (when the Chain Hunt starts, it would become mapwide for Survivors and 0 for Pinhead) but now I'm thinking 16 for Pinhead and 32 for Survivors, with the radius getting larger as the Chain Hunt is close to starting.

  • @T103 said:

    I suppose you could run the two addons that make solving the box longer & put Hoarder & Franklin’s on which can help you get the box.

    Or you could run the Iridescent puzzle box addon which reduces the chances of survivors finding the box so that chain hunt begins passively.

    personally the Lament Configuration addon should be baseline (make its minimum range 22 instead of 16) so that way the survivors have to TRY to find the box, this would achieve the goal of what chain hunt is ment to do, pressure generators, be it due to 1 survivor looking for puzzle instead of gens or all survivors ignoring box to do gens, chain hunt would pressure the gens.

    currently you can completely remove the chain hunt by taking the puzzle box hostage. as in NEVER solving it, sure that one survivor holding the cube is being chain spammed but he's not being revealed, all he has to do is keep moving and doing totems and the game is essentially a 1v3 with a powerless killer

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I can't see why he shouldn't, what's the point of picking it up if you never know where it is unless you hear it 1 meter away

    Meanwhile survivors can cheese it in many ways

    The thing is why do surv see the lament configuration box.Hell go search it I would allow em to see it at 8m at least.

  • @Mandy said:

    As @Bloodshade said. It would make it way too easy to constantly start chain hunts, the survivors would not be able to do anything.

    You mean kind of like how Pinhead almost never gets a chain hunt without being in the right place at the right time? That's luck, by the way (we know BVHR loves their RNG). Bear in mind, that the cube takes 6 seconds to solve without any add-ons, so you're booking it across the map (possibly out of a chase, should you choose - a risk) to try and find the survivor carrying the box, hopefully down them, and then use it. With add-ons it's about 12 seconds to solve, and even then, you're not making that journey across the map before the survivor solves it.

    On top of that, you have to pray they didn't take the box to a strong spot that they'll loop you at when you arrive. Should you choose to TP instead of walk to the box holder, you get no chain hunt. Lateral move.

  • They need to take half the survivors' aura read and give it to killers. Neither the killer nor survivors should be able to see the box aura cross-map, but both should be able to see the aura or they'd never find it. So what I would do is let the killer see the box's aura within a short range and let the survivors see its aura from a slightly further range than the killer.

  • @Mandy said:

    As @Bloodshade said. It would make it way too easy to constantly start chain hunts, the survivors would not be able to do anything.

    Real question is, why isn't the Iri Lament Configuration basekit?

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2484438#Comment_2484438

    You mean kind of like how Pinhead almost never gets a chain hunt without being in the right place at the right time? That's luck, by the way (we know BVHR loves their RNG). Bear in mind, that the cube takes 6 seconds to solve without any add-ons, so you're booking it across the map (possibly out of a chase, should you choose - a risk) to try and find the survivor carrying the box, hopefully down them, and then use it. With add-ons it's about 12 seconds to solve, and even then, you're not making that journey across the map before the survivor solves it.

    On top of that, you have to pray they didn't take the box to a strong spot that they'll loop you at when you arrive. Should you choose to TP instead of walk to the box holder, you get no chain hunt. Lateral move.

    One think you know that there is always a survivor have to go for the Box and not Gen.

    3 times for them running to the box and solve it should consume them at least 80sec. a Free Gen.

    You dont get a benefit of free chain hunt doesnt mean survivors dont lose anything.

  • Because as usual in instances like the hook UI, there's an expectation for killers and none for survivors even though good survivors exist. As you've seen with Mandy, they think that chain hunts will happen all the time. If Pinhead had map-wide aura reading, then this would be true. However, what the devs created is the opposite extreme. A sound notification when you're right next to it on maps the typical size means that the mechanic of picking up the box might as well not exist.

    You're only starting chain hunts if you chase down a survivor with the box, and even then, it comes down to luck as the survivors have to be opening it relatively close to you for you to stop them from opening it. At minimum, there needs to be a close-range aura so that you could take the risk of patrolling the map and potentially find the box without actually looking at every crevice.

    1. The box makes a distinct sound when you're near.
    2. I think it may be easier to see while possessing chains. (this is completely unbased, I just had a few games in a row where the box seemed to really glow while I was possessing a chain, leading to me finding the box 2 or 3 times within a couple of minutes.
    3. try practicing tracking its spawn patterns using chatter's tooth.

  • @Dsalter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2484488#Comment_2484488

    personally the Lament Configuration addon should be baseline (make its minimum range 22 instead of 16) so that way the survivors have to TRY to find the box, this would achieve the goal of what chain hunt is ment to do, pressure generators, be it due to 1 survivor looking for puzzle instead of gens or all survivors ignoring box to do gens, chain hunt would pressure the gens.

    currently you can completely remove the chain hunt by taking the puzzle box hostage. as in NEVER solving it, sure that one survivor holding the cube is being chain spammed but he's not being revealed, all he has to do is keep moving and doing totems and the game is essentially a 1v3 with a powerless killer

    While I can see most of this, giving a box holder the job to cleanse totems would be the absolute worst idea. Totems have to be cleansed all in one go - no progress is saved if you're interrupted - and the box holder is going to get interrupted by hooks nonstop.

  • @Sickerton said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2485364#Comment_2485364

    While I can see most of this, giving a box holder the job to cleanse totems would be the absolute worst idea. Totems have to be cleansed all in one go - no progress is saved if you're interrupted - and the box holder is going to get interrupted by hooks nonstop.

    Chains attack in a group of 3 (dodge the 3 chains) and then there's downtime before they spawn again which is long enough you should be able to cleanse a totem.

  • If you really want to use the box more in your gameplay I suggest mainly slugging and using Hoarder. Let them find it for you and consider using an add on or two to increase the time to solve the box.

    On average you can keep a chain hunt up for the whole match.

  • Playing Pinhead I've found out that if your good enough you don't actually need any help finding the box. It's a little situational and definitely not 100% accurate but it gives a general idea of where the box is.

    The box tends to spawn as far away from where pinhead currently is. I've found the box more times than following this rulez sometimes also leading me to a survivor that's picked it up when I'm near. It's still very random I'll admit but not as random as people think but still random yet manageable.

    For example one of most recent games had chain hunt almost active for 3/4 of the game. Through good predictions I was able to find the box consistently or the survivor holding it before they can solve it. Add ons that extend the time to solve the box are a must. So I managed to keep chain hunt active and renew it consistently. BBQ I'd imagine helps immensely along with Franklin's and hoarder

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    1. The box makes a distinct sound when you're near.
    2. I think it may be easier to see while possessing chains. (this is completely unbased, I just had a few games in a row where the box seemed to really glow while I was possessing a chain, leading to me finding the box 2 or 3 times within a couple of minutes.
    3. try practicing tracking its spawn patterns using chatter's tooth.

    Yes but why should I waste my time searching it in a meta where time is everything

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2485783#Comment_2485783

    Yes but why should I waste my time searching it in a meta where time is everything

    because ignoring the meta's fun? that's just a set up I like. If you don't like it, I'm sure you can find something else that'll work for you. :)

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486330#Comment_2486330

    because ignoring the meta's fun? that's just a set up I like. If you don't like it, I'm sure you can find something else that'll work for you. :)

    Hope you don't consider him realiable in meta then

  • I mean, I've been having fun and reliably getting 4ks (though that's secondary for me).

    :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2484423#Comment_2484423

    Yes but it is not always convenient

    If chain hunt is too oppressive then maybe make the one from the box with a limited duration like 10 seconds or that speeds up the hunt, or just remove it from the box and keep the "static blast effect", this way he would be a doctor with teleport, and doctor is not so oppressive

    It is never inconvenient to activate a Chain Hunt.

  • Yeah searching for a box with 0 clues of where it is is always more convenient than stopping a gen

  • i mean like why isnt there a timer before you can see the box, if survivors can just leave it on the ground without punishment until they need to do it. he has a point.

  • He can with the add-on Chatterer's Tooth.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    He can with the add-on Chatterer's Tooth.

    it has a massive downside, not chains until a hunt. and its a addon. i think he has alot of counterplay in the lament. thats all.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    He can with the add-on Chatterer's Tooth.

    I just read the description and my god it is the worst addon I've ever seen, you basically solve it in survivors' favor LOL, with a placebo undetectable because why not

    Please tell me I misread it because it would be such a shameful addon

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486499#Comment_2486499

    I just read the description and my god it is the worst addon I've ever seen, you basically solve it in survivors' favor LOL, with a placebo undetectable because why not

    Please tell me I misread it because it would be such a shameful addon

    your right, you no longer get chain hunts. its awful.

    i believe its like 15 s of undetectable for going out of your way to find the box. forgot to add that

  • @Psycho_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486526#Comment_2486526

    your right, you no longer get chain hunts. its awful.

    i believe its like 15 s of undetectable for going out of your way to find the box. forgot to add that

    You still get Chain Hunts; it's just that manually picking up the box stops the Chain Hunt. Considering how rare finding the box actually happens for Pinhead under normal circumstances, I'd say you are getting a pretty decent deal out of it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486499#Comment_2486499

    I just read the description and my god it is the worst addon I've ever seen, you basically solve it in survivors' favor LOL, with a placebo undetectable because why not

    Please tell me I misread it because it would be such a shameful addon

    Believe it or not, I found this a very handy add-on. So much so it was beneficial in me getting Pinhead's Adept.

    The survivor location alerts were helpful to maintain pressure. Combined with the brief Undetectable effect, this was good for tracking.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486543#Comment_2486543

    You still get Chain Hunts; it's just that manually picking up the box stops the Chain Hunt. Considering how rare finding the box actually happens for Pinhead under normal circumstances, I'd say you are getting a pretty decent deal out of it.

    picking it up stops chain hunts, they can still see the box, if you down them with the box you automatically activate it disabling chainhunts... i dont understand how this is good.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486543#Comment_2486543

    You still get Chain Hunts; it's just that manually picking up the box stops the Chain Hunt. Considering how rare finding the box actually happens for Pinhead under normal circumstances, I'd say you are getting a pretty decent deal out of it.

    Why would I ever want to deactivate chain hunts for survivors

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486526#Comment_2486526

    Believe it or not, I found this a very handy add-on. So much so it was beneficial in me getting Pinhead's Adept.

    The survivor location alerts were helpful to maintain pressure. Combined with the brief Undetectable effect, this was good for tracking.

    There are yellow addons which are way better than this gimmicky purple one and they have no downsides

  • Survivors should have a harder time finding it though. A pink add-on should not be a requirement to run on any Killer.

    I think seeing it inside a 16m range for both killer and survivor would be best.

  • There is a difference between not being able to see it at all and the box having an Aura within 16 meters for Pinhead. The only way a chain hunt occurs is if the survivors let it. One would think BHVR learned their lesson about survivors taking the killers power hostage with the Twins chapter.

  • @Mattie_MayhemOG said:

    There is a difference between not being able to see it at all and the box having an Aura within 16 meters for Pinhead. The only way a chain hunt occurs is if the survivors let it. One would think BHVR learned their lesson about survivors taking the killers power hostage with the Twins chapter.

    Or Plague and Oni

  • @Ludicris said:

    Survivors should have a harder time finding it though. A pink add-on should not be a requirement to run on any Killer.

    I think seeing it inside a 16m range for both killer and survivor would be best.

    Couldn't SWFs know the location through comms anyway though?

  • @Mattie_MayhemOG said:

    There is a difference between not being able to see it at all and the box having an Aura within 16 meters for Pinhead. The only way a chain hunt occurs is if the survivors let it. One would think BHVR learned their lesson about survivors taking the killers power hostage with the Twins chapter.

    This is true. The only way to prevent the chain hunts is survivors actively getting the box and solving it. I think the add-ons for the Pinhead could use some touch ups. The Pink add on where it makes it visible only by 16 meters is good and widely visible once the chain hunts start. That sounds like it should be based. Also however, it may be overpowered? I don't know. As of now ive been playing Pinhead for a lot of matches and I have yet to find the box on my own. Let alone activate it :( I dont have hoarder or franklins so im running the addons where it increased the chain hunts faster. Green and Brown add-on combo. Sometimes i run the addons that makes it longer to solve the puzzle. Trial and error :) But I am really enjoying the Pinhead.

  • @PoweroSymbols3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/278788/why-isnt-pinhead-able-to-see-the-lament-of-configurations-aura

    You can teleport is when the survivor works on it, u can literally drop the chase with the survivor you teleported to and get a free chain hunt

    I think the box gets solved even if you teleport

    @PoweroSymbols3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2484488#Comment_2484488

    How does it reduce the chance of finding it when we see the aura? Does it reduce the aura range?

    Yes it does

  • @Mandy said:

    As @Bloodshade said. It would make it way too easy to constantly start chain hunts, the survivors would not be able to do anything.

    I mean the alternative is the survivors walk around with the box preventing the hunt like they currently do. And you can't see them or the box unless they decide to actually try to fix it....

    Chain hunts activate and have a cooldown, I'd rather see them activate than not activate at all the entire match....

  • @Psycho_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486570#Comment_2486570

    picking it up stops chain hunts, they can still see the box, if you down them with the box you automatically activate it disabling chainhunts... i dont understand how this is good.

    You're very rarely in that situation to begin with, from my understanding. So that is rarely relevant. Instead of "almost never find the box yourself to start a Chain Hunt," it's now "always find the box to gain Undetectable." The latter is still better than the former IMO.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486570#Comment_2486570

    Why would I ever want to deactivate chain hunts for survivors

    You don't. You grab the box well before the Chain Hunt starts. If the Chain Hunt is active, ambush someone who is trying to get to it.