Killer queue times

Okay so with sbmm enabled I gut queue as killer. 20 minutes later I hadn't found a game and gave up to play survivor with a friend

How worried should I be?

Comments

  • Seems like you have a high SBMM-Rating. I guess you have to suck it up and wait in a queue for a long time at some point to get beaten down by some tournament squad.

  • Everyone wants to try the new killer and perks, so killer queues are gonna be up. Doubt it has anything to do with the matchmaking.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Seems like you have a high SBMM-Rating. I guess you have to suck it up and wait in a queue for a long time at some point to get beaten down by some tournament squad.

    I just wanted to do some dailies but they were for the killers I main ._.

  • Yeah, I've noticed queue times have gone up for me as killer as well. They were noticably shorter yesterday.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    Everyone wants to try the new killer and perks, so killer queues are gonna be up. Doubt it has anything to do with the matchmaking.

    With the same thing happening yesterday I never went upwards of 2 minutes around the same time

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482074#Comment_2482074

    I just wanted to do some dailies but they were for the killers I main ._.

    Sadly this seems to be the only way to solve it. D:

    That is one of the issues with SBMM, players who have a Main and are very good with them will have super-long queues.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482080#Comment_2482080

    Sadly this seems to be the only way to solve it. D:

    That is one of the issues with SBMM, players who have a Main and are very good with them will have super-long queues.

    Guess I'll ✨die✨

  • No, you need to play Survivor for that.

    In all seriousness, this is a known downside for MMR systems when a game hasn't had one.

    Personally, I've been getting instant matches as Killer because I don't really main one and just play them on rotation.

  • Very worried? Anything above 5 minutes is not worth queuing for. That is why I left Overwatch.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Very worried? Anything above 5 minutes is not worth queuing for. That is why I left Overwatch.

    😔💅

  • Well, luckily games are incredibly quick for the vast majority of the community, also known as the only part that matters. Guess you just have to suck it up and make an alt account like everyone with a higher MMR in other games has to do, or they have to wait too long.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482090#Comment_2482090

    No, you need to play Survivor for that.

    In all seriousness, this is a known downside for MMR systems when a game hasn't had one.

    Personally, I've been getting instant matches as Killer because I don't really main one and just play them on rotation.

    Hopefully in a week I'll be able to play my mains again lol

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    Well, luckily games are incredibly quick for the vast majority of the community, also known as the only part that matters. Guess you just have to suck it up and make an alt account like everyone with a higher MMR in other games has to do, or they have to wait too long.

    Damn this post was meant to be jokey where'd the aggression come from

  • I waited in killer queues for like 5 minutes yesterday so I assume a mixture of your SBMM ranking and the fact that Pinhead was just releasee could be making your queues longer than normal.

    However my nighttime queues were still pretty quick.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    I waited in killer queues for like 5 minutes yesterday so I assume a mixture of your SBMM ranking and the fact that Pinhead was just releasee could be making your queues longer than normal.

    However my nighttime queues were still pretty quick.

    I'll be able to test it better when I don't need to be up tomorrow at the crack of dawn, this was just a jokey post about my experience lol

  • @MegMain98 said:

    I waited in killer queues for like 5 minutes yesterday so I assume a mixture of your SBMM ranking and the fact that Pinhead was just releasee could be making your queues longer than normal.

    However my nighttime queues were still pretty quick.

    What do killer mains do in the night? It is so suspicious that magically there aren't any on. One has to wonder what nocturnal activities those degenerates are up to. Sleeping for work? Too graphic. They are probably out stalking their irl victims.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482137#Comment_2482137

    What do killer mains do in the night? It is so suspicious that magically there aren't any on. One has to wonder what nocturnal activities those degenerates are up to. Sleeping for work? Too graphic. They are probably out stalking their irl victims.

    I do the opposite. Daytime is for cuddling puppies, nighttime is to slash slash

  • So, I was just about to make a post about this topic and saw this one. Regardless if it is directly related to SBMM or there are other factors too, queues have become longer for killer. Also regardless of SBMM, I do not see a reason for MM to take this long before it expands the search to other MMRs and/or regions. Already at 10PM for me, it takes 10-15 minutes to find a game as the killer and it accurately is only 1 out of 10 lobbies that is made of people from Europe and at my mmr. Even if you were looking to challenge my accuracy or/and the size of my example, the majority by far, are lobbies with people from other continents or/and lower mmr. So if the outcome is the same for such a large majority of lobbies, how about shortening the process?

  • Nothing to do with sbmm. I am getting insane q times on a freshly purchased Pinhead.

  • I play on the PS5 and my times are maybe a minute or two. Haven't had troubles at all finding a game.

  • Be sure you have crossplay enabled. I heard if you disable crossplay the queues are crazy.

  • Just finished 23 matches as killer - shortest queue time was around 45 seconds and longest 4 minutes.

    For reference: I am on PC. West Coast US. And before SBMM was a rank 1 killer for 4+ years.

    I played my 3 mains (Doctor, Pig, and Legion) for 6 matches each, Huntress 4 matches (not my main but I have probably played 100 matches as her), and 1 match as Cenobite (my 5th time playing him).

  • @DbDCasual said:

    Be sure you have crossplay enabled. I heard if you disable crossplay the queues are crazy.

    I'm on PC, I never play crossplay off because I'm terrified of having tournament squads and hackers in my games