Today is the Day!

Yes everyone, today is the day! The day that one or all of these things will happen:

  • Game-breaking bugs, as freshly delivered by BHVR's development team in haste of releasing this Paragraph.
  • An extremely weak Killer with no good Perks and no value to add to this game.
  • A new matchmaking rating system (MMR) that is easily exploitable or downright awful to play in despite the lie that we were told that it was "great".
  • Spirit getting shadow nerfed again.
  • Pyramid Head's ass is flat again.

Place your bets, everyone! What shall it be?

Comments

  • Maps being reenabled so I don't get midwich 5x in a row, Pyramid heads ass being fixed finally according to ptb models, and the new Joey skin finally uses joeys model.

    Idc about mmr or pinhead tbh I just want map diversity.

    (also spirit is bugged, not shadow nerfed, lol)

    1. Pinhead is getting buffed but even if he’s weak I’d rather have a unique weak killer than a killer like nemesis
    2. I hope spirit gets shadownerfed
  • You forgot something:

    • People complaining about stuff just because it’s new or just for the sake of complaining (ie talking SBMM down while ignoring the fact that emblem based matchmaking is/was awful)
  • @Mooks said:

    You forgot something:

    • People complaining about stuff just because it’s new or just for the sake of complaining (ie talking SBMM down while ignoring the fact that emblem based matchmaking is/was awful)

    I think most people know ranks are terrible. Problem is SBMM comes with its own issues

  • Can't wait for my Billy chainsaw to overheat 50% faster and Clown power not slowing down Survivors Kapp #Bugsarenewfeature

  • I'm excited for new performance issues 😊

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Can't wait for my Billy chainsaw to overheat 50% faster and Clown power not slowing down Survivors Kapp #Bugsarenewfeature

    Don’t worry it hasn’t slowed on direct hits since RE :(

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477023#Comment_2477023

    I think most people know ranks are terrible. Problem is SBMM comes with its own issues

    I mean… no one expects it to work perfectly.

    fact is, we need a new matchmaking and the last testphase has been pretty well received by many and statistics/analysis support that apparently.. of course there will be flaws and unfair matches. That pretty much guaranteed for any system. And the system may very well be adjusted still after going live.

  • I'm expecting lots of bugs and framerate issues.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477027#Comment_2477027

    I mean… no one expects it to work perfectly.

    fact is, we need a new matchmaking and the last testphase has been pretty well received by many and statistics/analysis support that apparently.. of course there will be flaws and unfair matches. That pretty much guaranteed for any system. And the system may very well be adjusted still after going live.

    We’ll see I guess. Personally I don’t really care since I don’t take this game seriously but I hope it’s not just nurse/spirit/blight in the high brackets because that would ruin survivor fun imo

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477034#Comment_2477034

    We’ll see I guess. Personally I don’t really care since I don’t take this game seriously but I hope it’s not just nurse/spirit/blight in the high brackets because that would ruin survivor fun imo

    I doubt that. There are many people that can perform great against strong surv teams with other killers.

    also -and I know that may be a very naive take from my side- if it actually results in the worst case scenario, maybe then the collected statistics could help in balancing the different killers? People have always asked for statistics and if given they specifically asked for red-rank statistics. With the new system the analysis might very well get more accurate!

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477044#Comment_2477044

    I doubt that. There are many people that can perform great against strong surv teams with other killers.

    also -and I know that may be a very naive take from my side- if it actually results in the worst case scenario, maybe then the collected statistics could help in balancing the different killers? People have always asked for statistics and if given they specifically asked for red-rank statistics. With the new system the analysis might very well get more accurate!

    They did say in the dev post that they’ll be doing that but tbh I don’t trust their word. These are the same devs who are convinced pig is a good killer

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477057#Comment_2477057

    They did say in the dev post that they’ll be doing that but tbh I don’t trust their word. These are the same devs who are convinced pig is a good killer

    Yeah. They have made really concerning statements that seem very far away from the actual player experience. But at least they have also shown they are willing to review those (eg OoO).

  • Haddonfield somehow has breakable walls now

  • @Phasmamain said:

    1. Pinhead is getting buffed but even if he’s weak I’d rather have a unique weak killer than a killer like nemesis
    2. I hope spirit gets shadownerfed

    None of the fixes mean anything if the chain break time isn't lengthened. He will remain pointlessly weak until that change is made in the mid chapter patch.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477020#Comment_2477020

    None of the fixes mean anything if the chain break time isn't lengthened. He will remain pointlessly weak until that change is made in the mid chapter patch.

    Even still I’m glad we got a unique killer after a lot of boring ones.

    He definitely needs some small buffs but he has potential

  • These forums will FLOOD with angry comments about how OP The Cenobite (Pinhead) is! You can quote me on this when it happens later today.

  • @TWiXT said:

    These forums will FLOOD with angry comments about how OP The Cenobite (Pinhead) is! You can quote me on this when it happens later today.

    Psssssst....🤫...Popcorn and Beer are ready for ;)

    But at the moment... 4 hours left until 🤩Pinhead 🤩

  • @Vulgun said:

    Yes everyone, today is the day! The day that one or all of these things will happen:

    • Game-breaking bugs, as freshly delivered by BHVR's development team in haste of releasing this Paragraph.
    • An extremely weak Killer with no good Perks and no value to add to this game.
    • A new matchmaking rating system (MMR) that is easily exploitable or downright awful to play in despite the lie that we were told that it was "great".
    • Spirit getting shadow nerfed again.
    • Pyramid Head's ass is flat again.

    Place your bets, everyone! What shall it be?

    MMR isn't easily exploitable. I t is replacing something that is easily exploitable.

  • I didn't like SBMM but I realize that emblems suck so how about this gimme a casual mode so I can not worry about the ranked system. It would make me so much happier not having to deal with ranked rather than a perfect ranked system. Also I do think that Pinhead will probably get buffed a tad but if not then well that sucks. At least deadlock is cool.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477192#Comment_2477192

    It's a 1v4 asymmetrical game.. where the amount of killers are far less than survivors. It would destroy the queue knowing people would abandon one mode for the other. We already see people trying to exploit the system or to find holes to get in low rating games.

    Maybe, but its still just something I'd personally prefer. Not saying it was a good idea but just what I'd prefer.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Maps being reenabled so I don't get midwich 5x in a row, Pyramid heads ass being fixed finally according to ptb models, and the new Joey skin finally uses joeys model.

    Idc about mmr or pinhead tbh I just want map diversity.

    (also spirit is bugged, not shadow nerfed, lol)

    Wait, so im not insane and new joey skin really have frank body?

  • @Vulgun said:

    Yes everyone, today is the day! The day that one or all of these things will happen:

    • Game-breaking bugs, as freshly delivered by BHVR's development team in haste of releasing this Paragraph.
    • An extremely weak Killer with no good Perks and no value to add to this game.
    • A new matchmaking rating system (MMR) that is easily exploitable or downright awful to play in despite the lie that we were told that it was "great".
    • Spirit getting shadow nerfed again.
    • Pyramid Head's ass is flat again.

    Place your bets, everyone! What shall it be?

    point 1: Game breaking bugs ? Who knows but i don´t think

    point 2: Weak Killer with no good Perks ? ..... NO??? i tryd him alot on the PTB

    Point 3: I told you on your " i will manipulate the MMR bait post" there is a diffrence between a Grade 1 with 2000 MMR and a Grade 1 with 3000 MMR. You can´t manipulate ....forget it. The MMR will work not perfect but very good at the beginning.

    Point 4: Spirit will not shadow nerfed

    and point 5: jeeez you has no other problems right ?

    MY BET: today will be a good day. Also the Game, and 1 more Autohaven Map will activate too. DD Saloon comes later

  • The hill bug will make a return.

  • @dragobv said:

    Haddonfield somehow has breakable walls now

    They are inbetween cars

  • This is very sad.

    There are other games and activities. It sounds like you really hate this game and maybe something else would be better for your overall outlook?

  • Why do you even play this game

  • Hex totems will now spawn on top of generators.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    Why do you even play this game

    When i came here? To try to have fun with PP Head.

    Now?

    Now I merely make others' lives as miserable as possible to spite the "holier than thou" people that have told me that it's not fun to tunnel somebody when I clearly should because it's an unsafe unhook and thus I must capitalize on it.

    Also because I'm getting to rank 1 and will stop playing after that.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    1. Pinhead is getting buffed but even if he’s weak I’d rather have a unique weak killer than a killer like nemesis
    2. I hope spirit gets shadownerfed

    Pinhead is not weak lol. If he gets buffed too much it would be annoying. He is one of those killers who could be annoyingly oppressive. Getting grabbed in the middle of a loop, to get downed.

  • @Vulgun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477269#Comment_2477269

    When i came here? To try to have fun with PP Head.

    Now?

    Now I merely make others' lives as miserable as possible to spite the "holier than thou" people that have told me that it's not fun to tunnel somebody when I clearly should because it's an unsafe unhook and thus I must capitalize on it.

    Also because I'm getting to rank 1 and will stop playing after that.

    You must be fun at parties

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477020#Comment_2477020

    Pinhead is not weak lol. If he gets buffed too much it would be annoying. He is one of those killers who could be annoyingly oppressive. Getting grabbed in the middle of a loop, to get downed.

    Fair enough. I don’t really know since I haven’t played the ptb but he seems kinda weak. At least his power is unique though

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    Why do you even play this game

    Because its funny to see how consistent these bugs are

  • @Vulgun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477269#Comment_2477269

    When i came here? To try to have fun with PP Head.

    Now?

    Now I merely make others' lives as miserable as possible to spite the "holier than thou" people that have told me that it's not fun to tunnel somebody when I clearly should because it's an unsafe unhook and thus I must capitalize on it.

    Also because I'm getting to rank 1 and will stop playing after that.

    If you want to get to rank 1 you'd better hurry up

  • Shhh, just let it happen :D

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    Hex totems will now spawn on top of generators.

    *chef's kiss* LOL

  • Nah, it's too good to pass up:


    • BHVR will remove the possibility of reaching rank 1 before you can actually make it to rank 1.
  • Can't wait for the flood of posts here, on Reddit, and tweets saying Pinhead is OP for this reason or that.


    I'm excited for this release. I've been stuck at home for 3 months since the Docs have said it's not safe for me to return to work just yet so this gives me something to do. Pinhead looks fun and I'm always down to learn a new killer play style

  • Welp, the cardinal sin that I didn't even list happened.

    They removed his voice lines because they couldn't take a joke.