The next killer will probably be female

Which begs the question, will they finally break the cycle of relatively attractive female characters or will she "woman but she kills people" #5? I'm hopeful we'll get something different this time around.

Comments

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472756#Comment_2472756

    You & everyone else on this thread are just showing your unbelievably high standards. If you ignore some of their less attractive features they're pretty.

    When you say "If you just" your argument has already flopped

  • @Mr_K said:

    Nah, the next killer is male and has pins in his head.

    NO WAY

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472649#Comment_2472649

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PSWJ4QIJF3ZX/img-20210405-195709.jpg

    Case in point. Not exactly sure what BHVR was thinking when they implemented this guy into the game. They keep referring to dead by daylight as a horror game, but with Killers like this it's anything but.

    Hey we got similar names

  • I agree to this,either way whether licensed or original

    Maybe in the future,I would like to see a female licensed killers,maybe like the Queen Alien from Alien,Eve from Species,Bloody Mary,Marta from Outlast 2,Grudge,Jennifer's Body,lists goes on of many female killers I would like to see. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

  • Yeah we dont get a lot of female killers but i dont want them to be attractive and we dont get a lot of male survivors so i would like too see more of them too

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Personally, I was hoping for a canonically genderqueer character who uses they/them pronouns. I know that Nea and the entity are both genderqueer, but a character who uses they/them pronouns would be nice.

    Also, I personally appreciate the diversity of body types that dbd has.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/277330/the-next-killer-will-probably-be-female

    Pretty sure the last female killer was Charlotte, who I wouldn't exactly call attractive. She's a lot more rough and rugged then the rest of the female killers. Plus, you know, the gaping hole in her chest.

    Damn no need to be so rude to charlotte.

  • Its alarming to me how many people are bringing up Spirit as an attractive character, considering the fact that she's literally a chopped-up corpse.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    The only female killers that describe what you said are Spirit, Susie, Julie and Plague. Every other female killer doesn't fit the "relatively attractive" stereotype: Nurse wears a bag on her head, Hag is borderline a decomposed body, Pig is Pig, Huntress has a lot of testorone like features and Charlotte has an uncommon body type.

    If anything, DBD is one of the few games that doesn't seem to sexualize its women characters.

    i was allways under the impression charlotte had down syndrome. mabye im wrong.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    Its alarming to me how many people are bringing up Spirit as an attractive character, considering the fact that she's literally a chopped-up corpse.

    unknown-15.png

    You need to enhance your imagination and think out of the box man.

    People dont see what theyre actually see

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474590#Comment_2474590

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZD1H30N1CQ7D/unknown-15.png

    You need to enhance your imagination and think out of the box man.

    People dont see what theyre actually see

    I see a chopped up corpse holding a basket of... cabbages? Not exactly attractive, you know, cuz the whole dead body thing. It is an adorable picture though.

  • I'd just like to see another female killer lol I know Charlotte is female but she did come paired with a male character.

    Since the last solo female killer we've had:

    • Ghostface
    • Demorgorgan
    • Oni
    • Deathslinger
    • Pyramid Head
    • Blight
    • Twins
    • Trickster
    • Nemesis
    • Hellraiser

    Just want some more variety please lol though a good looking female killer is definitely something I wouldn't say no to ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @RiskyKara said:

    I mean look at Fantasy and Sci Fi races, there's always 'Very creatively designed male' and 'Oddly colored but still distinctively attractive female.'

    With men you can play with body types, scars, disfigurements, devastate and ravish their face make them fat or rail skinny. Nobody really cares, you can make a caricature of a dude in any direction like you're maxing out sliders in a character creator and as long as it's a guy it's just a guy. There's someone out there that wants a piece of that action. I mean people are all about 'Daddy Meyers' or 'Daddy Pyramid' but people will still thirst for Clown for having that 'dad bod' or Blight for being 'crazy in all the right ways.'

    Guys are fine, there's no boundary or limit to how you can design a guy.

    Women though? There's a pretty hollywood standard to how women should look in any form. It's toxic as #########, and I know in the past twenty years we've made some significant strides in changing that outlook but that's still what people expect. They want an attractive face, swooping curves of some sort, at the very least not overweight (But overly skinny is fine, this IS horror after all.) They want in essence, for a woman to look like 'a woman.' That's not just DBD that's everywhere that has the opportunity to make women not look like standardized female.

    I think with that in mind DBD has done phenomenally well with making non archetypally attractive women. Look at Hag and Charlotte, look at Jane (God she's thicker than a bowl of oatmeal tho) and Claire (Pre appearance buff.)

    Bottom line is, I'm sure the next female killer will be attractive, why not? Everyone else wants their women to look like that, and sex has always sold. Not to mention cosmetics on an attractive killer will sell faster than hot cakes.

    Yeah honestly it is pretty subjective. They haven't really stuck to any stereotype of "attractive female" except for maybe half naked spirit. Hag, huntress, Charlotte, plague, nurse all are unique characters full of personality. They also aren't just "haha sexy lady big booba". Also their lore each respectively isn't "hot lady who kills" either lol

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I'd just like to see another female killer lol I know Charlotte is female but she did come paired with a male character.

    Since the last solo female killer we've had:

    • Ghostface
    • Demorgorgan
    • Oni
    • Deathslinger
    • Pyramid Head
    • Blight
    • Twins
    • Trickster
    • Nemesis
    • Hellraiser

    Just want some more variety please lol though a good looking female killer is definitely something I wouldn't say no to ๐Ÿ˜‚

    The Demogorgon is neither female or male or not confirmed what gender they are.. and tho pyramid head has a masculine body they are also neither female or male. if were not technical u could keep the 2 on the list. tho the twins shouldn't be on the list cause they are both.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472526#Comment_2472526

    People without high standards like you find her very attractive. The hole in her chest adds personality

    Tf is attractive about Twins? Or Pig? or most if not all of Plagues skins?

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472542#Comment_2472542

    Tf is attractive about Twins? Or Pig? or most if not all of Plagues skins?

    Plague has model proportions & ignoring her skin condition she looks like a supermodel same could be said with Charlotte. Pig is just wearing a mask & looks like a literal actress underneath. Ask anyone who doesn't want near perfect 10/10s unlike the people in this thread & they'll tell you the same thing.

  • chrome 06-09 1630899994 .png


    ahhh yes, the very pretty and attractive Charlotte

    sideeyechloe.jpg


  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474783#Comment_2474783

    Plague has model proportions & ignoring her skin condition she looks like a supermodel same could be said with Charlotte. Pig is just wearing a mask & looks like a literal actress underneath. Ask anyone who doesn't want near perfect 10/10s unlike the people in this thread & they'll tell you the same thing.

    Bro you are reaching with some Mr. fantastic levels of stretch. Take a step back Pig isn't no Actress, Shawnee Smith is attractive but she isn't no Scarlett Johansson. Plague is tall but looks like a zombie and don't give me the "But what if" and Charlotte looks like a modern day Neanderthal.

  • I didn't know floating, severed limbs, putrified flesh and... Hag were attractive.

    Maybe it's just me being a horny lesbian, but I'm kind hoping we get our version of Trickster.

  • Why do discussions about the characters of this game always turn into arguments about identity? What is there to be gained about yet another comment thread about subjective beauty added to the dozens that already went over the exact same thing?

    I feel that this topic always ends up going in circles with nothing productive being said. So what if the game doesn't fit an arbitrary counter for people with a specific race/gender/sexuality or attractiveness? The only people who this even matters for are the artists at Behaviour who have to create the characters.

    The inane demand for more X,Y and Z traits to be more represented seem to be based more on what the individual stating the argument personally wants to see. Compared to making interesting characters. Because making well designed fictional characters has nothing to do with meaningless factors such as how they conform to the current standard of beauty. But by what unique idea constitutes their existence.

    Now with all of that out of the way, I'd personally like to see an Egyptian or Medieval knight based killer.

  • Break the cycle? The last (partially) Female killer was the Twins and I gotta say I haven't seen many people who want to get into Charlotte's sewer sludge covered pants.

  • To really break the cycle, a monstrous killer would be cool. like a werewolf, mutated spider, alien, or a demon.

  • @kodiaky said:

    To really break the cycle, a monstrous killer would be cool. like a werewolf, mutated spider, alien, or a demon.

    Hear me out... Hot demon babe. Or alien. Or mutated spider.

  • @BabuDweet said:

    Well my lesbian ass loves an attractive female, like spirit is a hottie butttt

    I wanna see like a really gory, scary looking female killer that's gonna make me ######### myself.

    So here's hoping!

    Yeah, all those attractive cuts, dismembered arms and legs, that healthy skin color...all you can look for in a woman...

    No, seriously, i find none of the female killers in the game attractive. But maybe i am not looking for things like that in some pixel constructs...

  • Well, it's highly possible that Pinhead's legendary skin that he is coming with (ha) will be a female pinhead. So we could be potentially getting another female killer too in the next patch.

  • @FatallyIconic said:

    Well, it's highly possible that Pinhead's legendary skin that he is coming with (ha) will be a female pinhead. So we could be potentially getting another female killer too in the next patch.

    Oh, yeah, genderbent Pinhead really gets me going. That luscious flowing hair, that vibrant skin, pearly white teeth. So attractive.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474703#Comment_2474703

    The Demogorgon is neither female or male or not confirmed what gender they are.. and tho pyramid head has a masculine body they are also neither female or male. if were not technical u could keep the 2 on the list. tho the twins shouldn't be on the list cause they are both.

    I know Demo and PH are neither male or female but PH is definitely perceived by everyone as male. Don't really know what Demo is since I didn't watch the show but I wouldn't say female.

    The Twins are both, that's why I said since the last "solo female killer". Just feel like the most recent killers have been basically all male. Would be nice to change things up a bit.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I didn't know floating, severed limbs, putrified flesh and... Hag were attractive.

    Maybe it's just me being a horny lesbian, but I'm kind hoping we get our version of Trickster.

    Trickster was a mistake, we don't need to repeat mistakes.

  • @SirCracken said:

    Why do discussions about the characters of this game always turn into arguments about identity? What is there to be gained about yet another comment thread about subjective beauty added to the dozens that already went over the exact same thing?

    I feel that this topic always ends up going in circles with nothing productive being said. So what if the game doesn't fit an arbitrary counter for people with a specific race/gender/sexuality or attractiveness? The only people who this even matters for are the artists at Behaviour who have to create the characters.

    The inane demand for more X,Y and Z traits to be more represented seem to be based more on what the individual stating the argument personally wants to see. Compared to making interesting characters. Because making well designed fictional characters has nothing to do with meaningless factors such as how they conform to the current standard of beauty. But by what unique idea constitutes their existence.

    Now with all of that out of the way, I'd personally like to see an Egyptian or Medieval knight based killer.

    Everything is the game of identity politics In the world we live in now. No Personality, just boxes you tick. I like the idea of an Egyptian killer though. Maybe it can be Ra or Horus maybe even Anubis

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474780#Comment_2474780

    I know Demo and PH are neither male or female but PH is definitely perceived by everyone as male. Don't really know what Demo is since I didn't watch the show but I wouldn't say female.

    The Twins are both, that's why I said since the last "solo female killer". Just feel like the most recent killers have been basically all male. Would be nice to change things up a bit.

    I've seen things that Prove Pyramid Head is a male. He was trying to do something with those mannequins.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2475085#Comment_2475085

    Oh, yeah, genderbent Pinhead really gets me going. That luscious flowing hair, that vibrant skin, pearly white teeth. So attractive.

    What hair?

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2475069#Comment_2475069

    Hear me out... Hot demon babe. Or alien. Or mutated spider.

    Along came a spider

  • @kodiaky said:

    To really break the cycle, a monstrous killer would be cool. like a werewolf, mutated spider, alien, or a demon.

    They said they don't wanna create Quadrupeds because then they have to get a new model rigging system that doesn't just make bipedal humanoids. So basically they don't wanna take risks for high rewards. Then again every update is a risk for breaking the game more so.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    Why do people care about the attractiveness of video game characters, especially in a game like DBD?

    IDC if the next killer is female or whatever, as long as they donโ€™t have a lackluster power (unique/interesting aesthetic is merely a bonus; lore I donโ€™t give 2 spits about).

    +1 ๐Ÿ‘

  • Last killer we got is the most attractive female in the game

  • @Sweet_Tour said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474901#Comment_2474901

    Trickster was a mistake, we don't need to repeat mistakes.

    It's funny how many slasher purists hate Trickster...

  • He's a clown, HE'S GENUINELY A MANLET. I can't accept being murdered by that. Freddy is a manlet too but he's Freddy so he gets a pass. This guy is just Kpop Joker without anything that makes Joker cool. Face the music, the only people who like him either have wet dreams over him, or like Kpop. Maybe both. He doesn't fit the theme. And he even breaks the rules of no killer can speak (Plague is speaking gibberish because no one understands it except her.) He was a mistake of a chapter.

  • @Sweet_Tour said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476385#Comment_2476385

    He's a clown, HE'S GENUINELY A MANLET. I can't accept being murdered by that. Freddy is a manlet too but he's Freddy so he gets a pass. This guy is just Kpop Joker without anything that makes Joker cool. Face the music, the only people who like him either have wet dreams over him, or like Kpop. Maybe both. He doesn't fit the theme. And he even breaks the rules of no killer can speak (Plague is speaking gibberish because no one understands it except her.) He was a mistake of a chapter.

    Look, the puritans are mad! No flamboyance allowed! It doesn't matter if a killer is a twised, one-dimensional psychopath that uses close-up weapons to violently kill random people they have no connection to in order to satisfy their bloodlust! That's not at all like other slashers becuase this one has bright jackets!

  • Half the female killers are gross, this trend exists only in your mind

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476392#Comment_2476392

    Look, the puritans are mad! No flamboyance allowed! It doesn't matter if a killer is a twised, one-dimensional psychopath that uses close-up weapons to violently kill random people they have no connection to in order to satisfy their bloodlust! That's not at all like other slashers becuase this one has bright jackets!

    Trickster was a big bucket of cringe for anyone that doesn't whack it to Jimin

  • If The Hag is your type, I guess I can't really judge, but aight dude

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476392#Comment_2476392

    Look, the puritans are mad! No flamboyance allowed! It doesn't matter if a killer is a twised, one-dimensional psychopath that uses close-up weapons to violently kill random people they have no connection to in order to satisfy their bloodlust! That's not at all like other slashers becuase this one has bright jackets!

    Ah yes the simpleton who thinks man in mask breathing is thier entire personality. There's more to it then that. Thiers depth to each slasher character in this game. Myers, we don't know what he is or why he does what he does the mystique is what captivates. Freddy is... A very bad person who... Did things to kids, And now he's a complete sadist with a firey temper and god like powers of dream manipulation. He does cause he likes it. That's Freddy. Bubba is the case of Nature vs Nurture is he the way he is out of spite? No, he's basically a child in a man's body confused and scared of the outsiders coming to take away all he knows and cares about. Thus he "puts a stop to it". Amanda is a case of Stockholm and Self esteem issues at its worst. She sees John as a father because he "saved" her from herself. She's easily prone to jealous outbursts and self harm out of the feeling of not being good enough or appreciated. Ghost face is run of the mill I'll admit. But that's Behaviors doing not Wes Craven.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476392#Comment_2476392

    Look, the puritans are mad! No flamboyance allowed! It doesn't matter if a killer is a twised, one-dimensional psychopath that uses close-up weapons to violently kill random people they have no connection to in order to satisfy their bloodlust! That's not at all like other slashers becuase this one has bright jackets!

    And another thing I'm not a "Puritan" we can have celebrity psychos. I mean look at Charlie Sheen. But they just did it in the absolute wrong way. He's just some Kpop star who kills people. No depth, no intrigue. His design is god awful and goofy. The way he runs bothers me to, his weapon is different so I guess there's that. And his power sucks ass. It should have been something music related not throwing knives like it's of Modern warfare 2