The next killer will probably be female

Which begs the question, will they finally break the cycle of relatively attractive female characters or will she "woman but she kills people" #5? I'm hopeful we'll get something different this time around.

Comments

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476398#Comment_2476398

    Trickster was a big bucket of cringe for anyone that doesn't whack it to Jimin

    I'm a lesbian. Kinda hard to get off over a guy.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476398#Comment_2476398

    Trickster was a big bucket of cringe for anyone that doesn't whack it to Jimin

    I agree, Trickster is cringe. Some people really think that if they call us names they're gonna change our opinions on this lame ass character.

  • @Sweet_Tour said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476398#Comment_2476398

    Ah yes the simpleton who thinks man in mask breathing is thier entire personality. There's more to it then that. Thiers depth to each slasher character in this game. Myers, we don't know what he is or why he does what he does the mystique is what captivates. Freddy is... A very bad person who... Did things to kids, And now he's a complete sadist with a firey temper and god like powers of dream manipulation. He does cause he likes it. That's Freddy. Bubba is the case of Nature vs Nurture is he the way he is out of spite? No, he's basically a child in a man's body confused and scared of the outsiders coming to take away all he knows and cares about. Thus he "puts a stop to it". Amanda is a case of Stockholm and Self esteem issues at its worst. She sees John as a father because he "saved" her from herself. She's easily prone to jealous outbursts and self harm out of the feeling of not being good enough or appreciated. Ghost face is run of the mill I'll admit. But that's Behaviors doing not Wes Craven.

    I knew it. I absolutely ######### knew it. It's always the slasher puritans who go out if their way to crap on Trickster. I'm so sorry that a flamboyant slasher offended your delicate sensibilities, and I hope that one day soon you can overcome your blind devotion to the genre and admit that none of the killers you worship have any real motivation or do anything but brutally murder people up close.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476423#Comment_2476423

    I knew it. I absolutely ######### knew it. It's always the slasher puritans who go out if their way to crap on Trickster. I'm so sorry that a flamboyant slasher offended your delicate sensibilities, and I hope that one day soon you can overcome your blind devotion to the genre and admit that none of the killers you worship have any real motivation or do anything but brutally murder people up close.

    He doesn't "offend my sensibilities" any more than when my niece would watch Big Time Rush in the living room


    Kpop is just the new boyband $hit

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476423#Comment_2476423

    I knew it. I absolutely ######### knew it. It's always the slasher puritans who go out if their way to crap on Trickster. I'm so sorry that a flamboyant slasher offended your delicate sensibilities, and I hope that one day soon you can overcome your blind devotion to the genre and admit that none of the killers you worship have any real motivation or do anything but brutally murder people up close.

    Yes I'm the biased one, that's one your sitting here insulting me like a child.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476429#Comment_2476429

    He doesn't "offend my sensibilities" any more than when my niece would watch Big Time Rush in the living room

    Kpop is just the new boyband $hit

    I'm very offended, When are the getting the Trickster body pillows?

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476429#Comment_2476429

    He doesn't "offend my sensibilities" any more than when my niece would watch Big Time Rush in the living room

    Kpop is just the new boyband $hit

    He clearly did if you jumped on a random discussion just to crap on him.

    The best part about all this is that I don't even really care about Trickster - I appreciate the character from a creative standpoint and their masterful ability to blend flamboyance with slasher horror, but I mostly just like pissing people off by baiting people with Trickster mentions and watching the clearly offended people go out of their way to shite on the character and anyone who doesn't pretend he's the worst thing since [INSERT SECONDARY PERSONAL GRIEVANCE]

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476433#Comment_2476433

    He clearly did if you jumped on a random discussion just to crap on him.

    The best part about all this is that I don't even really care about Trickster - I appreciate the character from a creative standpoint and their masterful ability to blend flamboyance with slasher horror, but I mostly just like pissing people off by baiting people with Trickster mentions and watching the clearly offended people go out of their way to shite on the character and anyone who doesn't pretend he's the worst thing since [INSERT SECONDARY PERSONAL GRIEVANCE]

    I jumped in on a discussion to read someone's take on the female killers and you were typing out novels about Trickster


    You are the only person worked up in this thread and you're embarrassing yourself

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476433#Comment_2476433

    He clearly did if you jumped on a random discussion just to crap on him.

    The best part about all this is that I don't even really care about Trickster - I appreciate the character from a creative standpoint and their masterful ability to blend flamboyance with slasher horror, but I mostly just like pissing people off by baiting people with Trickster mentions and watching the clearly offended people go out of their way to shite on the character and anyone who doesn't pretend he's the worst thing since [INSERT SECONDARY PERSONAL GRIEVANCE]

    You brought him up, we didn't bring Up Trickster you came here and mentioned Trickster. This your doing Compadre so no blaming us. And they didn't blend "Flamboyance" with "Slasher themes" Like picking up a weapon and murdering people doesn't make you a Slasher Villian.

    low-tier-god.gif

    He's more of a Slasher villain than Trickster.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476433#Comment_2476433

    He clearly did if you jumped on a random discussion just to crap on him.

    The best part about all this is that I don't even really care about Trickster - I appreciate the character from a creative standpoint and their masterful ability to blend flamboyance with slasher horror, but I mostly just like pissing people off by baiting people with Trickster mentions and watching the clearly offended people go out of their way to shite on the character and anyone who doesn't pretend he's the worst thing since [INSERT SECONDARY PERSONAL GRIEVANCE]

    As the conversation between you and Sweet_Tour spirals ever deeper into a shouting match, I thought I would like to state a point against Trickster's addition to the game that's more reasonable. How he performs in the game itself.

    Not only is his power horribly 1-dimensional but its effectiveness is entirely based on what part of the map you're in. Are you in a narrow corridor with no cover? You get a free injure or down. Are you near a loop with lots of LoS breakers? Enjoy the next minute of running around in circles before you even scratch the survivor.

    There's very little actual threat that comes from facing a Trickster unless you're caught out in a bad position. And when you are caught its often more frustrating for the survivors compared to facing a killer such as Huntress, who has to predict and aim her throws, whereas the brainless knife-spam that Trickster outputs often feels cheap. And it feels cheap because of how little input the Trickster player needs to down you.

    So it would stand to reason that people would start disliking other things about him, like his appearance, if his core-gameplay loop isn't enjoyable to begin with.

  • I want a banshee or a siren or something

  • @MedicSpirit7 said:

    I want a banshee or a siren or something

    YES

  • @CornHub said:

    Which begs the question, will they finally break the cycle of relatively attractive female characters or will she "woman but she kills people" #5? I'm hopeful we'll get something different this time around.

    Same could be applied to the male staff though. Pretty much all male killers are relatively attractive. Clown and Bubba have a bit of dad-bods, but even those are just "man but he kills people".

    The only killer that is not fitting either, is Demogorgon, but he's a handsome puppy too.

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476437#Comment_2476437

    As the conversation between you and Sweet_Tour spirals ever deeper into a shouting match, I thought I would like to state a point against Trickster's addition to the game that's more reasonable. How he performs in the game itself.

    Not only is his power horribly 1-dimensional but its effectiveness is entirely based on what part of the map you're in. Are you in a narrow corridor with no cover? You get a free injure or down. Are you near a loop with lots of LoS breakers? Enjoy the next minute of running around in circles before you even scratch the survivor.

    There's very little actual threat that comes from facing a Trickster unless you're caught out in a bad position. And when you are caught its often more frustrating for the survivors compared to facing a killer such as Huntress, who has to predict and aim her throws, compared to the brainless knife-spam that Trickster outputs. It feels cheap to be hit because of how little input the Trickster player needs to down you.

    So it would stand to reason that people would start disliking other things about him, like his appearance, if his core-gameplay loop isn't enjoyable to begin with.

    My name is forbidden never speak it

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/277330/the-next-killer-will-probably-be-female

    Same could be applied to the male staff though. Pretty much all male killers are relatively attractive. Clown and Bubba have a bit of dad-bods, but even those are just "man but he kills people".

    The only killer that is not fitting either, is Demogorgon, but he's a handsome puppy too.

    "Same could be applied to the male staff though" ???

    So you're telling me, you think Trapper, Wraith, Billy, Doc, Slinger are attractive? Have you seen Oni under his mask? It's not pretty.

    The only acceptable argument for attractive male killers would be Trickster, Pyramid Head, and MAYBE Myers. I'm not counting Ghost Face or Legion because you can't see any of them behind their masks or under their clothes.

    This entire thread is an absolute train wreck.

1 2 3 ›