The people complaining about SBMM are the people who we are trying to avoid

I am speaking specifically on the survivor side.


There are a lot of survivors complaining about Skill Based Match Making saying they get bad games now and it's not fun for them.

I personally have had the exact opposite, Survivor games are fantastic for me, people are actually trying to win, doing generators, saving their teammates, not getting downed in 2 seconds, many different, skilled killers being played like Hag, Hillbilly and Huntress. This is great!


I started thinking about it, and realistically, the only people who should be negatively affected by Skill-Based matchmaking are:


  • Very High skilled people who will now get paired with equally high skilled, sweaty people
  • Low skilled people who think they're good, but actually aren't


Now, I'm not trying to accuse anybody of anything, but all I'm saying is, most people probably aren't the high skilled people like Otzdarva or any content creator like that who have thousands upon thousands of hours in the game.

All I'm saying is, my experience from the tests that BHVR have put, says that the new matchmaking is doing it's job. I see a lot of other people who have had great experiences with the new matchmaking as well, and they all say the same things I do.


For those that are skeptical of the matchmaking, give it a try. You might actually like it.


For those that have had a negative experience with the matchmaking, maybe that's just where you belong :)


As for me, I am sure I will thoroughly enjoy SBMM when it is reimplemented into the game and I'll be glad to finally be able to play some good games of survivor and play some good games of killer without people instantly disconnecting when they see a killer they don't like.

Comments

  • @KweenPlease said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471829#Comment_2471829

    Honestly what is " Loop abuse " ? You mean their only defense to keep the game going? They can't fight back. The only other option is for you to just not find them. Would you rather have a game where you find no one and walk around aimlessly while gens pop and doors open?

    and gen rushing is honestly such a stupid concept. It's really the only and the main objective for survivor. LITERALLY the job is " Do gens as fast and as much as you can before killer chases you off of it. You've got limited chances. " ---- Gen rushing isn't a thing, it's the priority. It's the objective. You're not applying gen pressure.

    Are survivors supposed to just walk around and not do anything every few minutes?

    You don't get it, clearly.

  • @Astrian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472290#Comment_2472290

    and i think its an absolutely awful idea to balance around a kill / escape goal in general

    They've admitted that they used to judge by this, but have since stopping doing so replacing it with a system that judges your performance based on a number of objectives throughout the game.

    I wish I could find the thread on here, but yeah it was a Dev themselves that confirmed it won't be judged solely off of kills and escapes.

    Of course, they won't tell us all the parameters they're judging by, but you know at least even they recognize kills and escapes don't mean everything.

    Here you go: Does SBMM only take in to account kills and escapes ? — Dead By Daylight

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Yeah, the survivor mains saying their teammates are awful in skill based matchmaking kind of make me cringe. It is like, bro... Whatever you are doing, its wrong. Fix it and your teammates will also fix their mistakes.

    yeah in what world are good survivor players getting paired with bad ones with sbmm. it was like 4 solid survivors every sbmm game.

  • @KweenPlease said:

    AGREED. I only see killers complaining honestly. Like I'm sorry, YOU'RE GOOD. So you should go against GOOD players who play LIKE YOU DO. So if you don't want to go against survivors who play like you do, DON'T PLAY HOW YOU DO.

    They just want to be good and get players who shouldn't be going against them. I'm sorry but my rank 8-15 friends shouldn't be going against you as a red rank!

    I mean there should be no reason survivors should complain except for being matched against the same top killers every game with the sweatiest build. But that is sort of their choice right? They played so sweaty that they will get paired with equally sweaty killers, which inherently means they are top tier killers with the best builds. Maybe survivors AND killers should start playing less sweaty if they dont want to see sweaty stuff every game. However, it's hard to convince people to play for fun these days and the game balance is also an issue.

  • @Astrian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471780#Comment_2471780

    You already assume i am not a tournament player. But in-fact. i am. I am a Captain of my own Comp Team. We played in many tournaments. Ranging from Dead by-Esports to Wheel of Fate to many others. Learn up on some people before you make a guess.

    Imagine playing competitive Dead by Daylight and spending your time losing debates on the Dead by Daylight forums. Shoulda just kept that one to yourself buddy lmao.

    You want to know why I didn't know nor bother to care if you played competitive DbD? Because nobody cares about competitive DbD. If anything you're just proving my point that competitive DbD's bubble is nothing similar to normal DbD's meta.

    I really do love the tone of this reply though, you really did think you got me. Please stop replying, you're only making yourself and competitive DbD look worse.

    Then why bring up comp anyways if you don't play it? Clearly you lost when i provided proof.

    If you don't care. don't reply to a forum response. period,

    @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471780#Comment_2471780

    Lmao, imagine being a comp player and arguing in the forums.

    That's embarassing, but I can see why you would hate SBMM.

    You'd have to always play on your A-Game even in normal matchmaking. But hey, that's better for you isn't it? Wouldn't you be better off with more games that are as sweaty and as difficult as comp DBD?

    Many comp players are on the forums. they just don't choose to post so to say.

    And how is it Embarrassing? That's like going up to Any person that mained Hillbillly that hated the billy changes and telling him it was Embarrassing how he played and missed alot of chainsaws with the new Overheat Mechanic.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472276#Comment_2472276

    Then why bring up comp anyways if you don't play it? Clearly you lost when i provided proof.

    If you don't care. don't reply to a forum response. period,

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2472283#Comment_2472283

    Many comp players are on the forums. they just don't choose to post so to say.

    And how is it Embarrassing? That's like going up to Any person that mained Hillbillly that hated the billy changes and telling him it was Embarrassing how he played and missed alot of chainsaws with the new Overheat Mechanic.

    Then why bring up comp anyways if you don't play it?

    You knew I didn't play comp. I even said in a mocking tone:

    What's next? You're going to say you run into tournament SWF sweat squads every game?

    What did you think that meant? Did you think I was bragging about my superior skill in competitive Dead by Daylight?



    Not only that, you're the one who brought competitive play into the forefront anyway, or did you already forget what you wrote?

    @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2470641#Comment_2470641

    First off. Bbq is useless in a comp setting. it requires you to get hooks. and if you Ever played in a actual tournament. you can see how hard it is to get A hook..

    Second. All the top tier survivors that ain't on console as we speak, run stuff like this. https://www.twitch.tv/xzafis/clip/PoisedCourageousNuggetsUncleNox-0Kxc0h2LQ6g7dwhq

    Third: Noed is a Viable perk in terms of survivors gen rushing. Every comp killer knows it's 100% better than bbq. in terms of strengths,

    Forth: Have you SEEN... games that last barely 5 minutes against good spirits / nurses / blight. Lemme tell you. I've seen Supahalf Lose against the best team in the world. and he's the best nurse i've ever seen..

    My unserious, off comment turned into an actual conversation because of you so don't even try to come at me with "why bring up comp". You brought it up!


    Clearly you lost when i provided proof

    You didn't provide any proof that wasn't already known. I been said that Competitive Dead by Daylight is not the same game as what the other 99.9% of players are playing.

    It's a completely different bubble that people like you can't seem to see out of. Again, if you reference the title of my discussion:


    THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT SBMM ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WE ARE TRYING TO AVOID


    It's almost as if I knew what I was saying :/


    Many comp players are on the forums. they just don't choose to post so to say.

    "Many comp players are on the forums, I can't exactly measure it or really prove it, but trust me guys"



    And how is it Embarrassing?

    Because you're trying to argue your point as if even a small fraction of the playerbase are in your position. SBMM is designed for people like you to stay out of the normal matchmaking pool, it's designed for the average player to be paired against other average players.

    It's embarrassing because you flex your "knowledge" and "skill", but in reality you're just flexing how out of touch you are with the rest of the community.



    That's like going up to Any person that mained Hillbillly that hated the billy changes and telling him it was Embarrassing how he played and missed alot of chainsaws with the new Overheat Mechanic.

    That isn't even remotely similar. You should take up a part-time job as a waiter serving tables, that way the next time you say something wack you'll know to say "Pardon my Reach" beforehand so people can mentally prepare.

  • If this means I'll have teammates that at least know the basics of the game or survivors that I go against as killer that aren't going to sit there playing immersed while I walk up behind them i'm down.

  • @YukariTheAlpaca said:

    Ah yes, SBMM in a party game balanced like a party game. What a great idea.

    For reference, in tournaments, the only killers who won any matches consistently were Nurse and Spirit. Not to mention the fact that survivors can complete their objective in under 6 minutes regardless of if the killer plays well or not.

    I am sure good players are going to LOVE playing with SBMM. I get punished for playing well as killer because I will only get genrush sweat squads. I get punished for winning as survivor by being forced to play against Spirit every match.

    So you are saying that you should get rewarded by being able to 4k brown rank survivors over and over again. You do realize those 4 other brown rank survivors you are decimating want to have fun playing the game also and not be Survivor piñatas for every red rank killer.

  • @Astrian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2473223#Comment_2473223

    Then why bring up comp anyways if you don't play it?

    You knew I didn't play comp. I even said in a mocking tone:

    What's next? You're going to say you run into tournament SWF sweat squads every game?

    What did you think that meant? Did you think I was bragging about my superior skill in competitive Dead by Daylight?

    Not only that, you're the one who brought competitive play into the forefront anyway, or did you already forget what you wrote?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2471423#Comment_2471423

    My unserious, off comment turned into an actual conversation because of you so don't even try to come at me with "why bring up comp". You brought it up!

    Clearly you lost when i provided proof

    You didn't provide any proof that wasn't already known. I been said that Competitive Dead by Daylight is not the same game as what the other 99.9% of players are playing.

    It's a completely different bubble that people like you can't seem to see out of. Again, if you reference the title of my discussion:

    THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT SBMM ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WE ARE TRYING TO AVOID

    It's almost as if I knew what I was saying :/

    Many comp players are on the forums. they just don't choose to post so to say.

    "Many comp players are on the forums, I can't exactly measure it or really prove it, but trust me guys"

    And how is it Embarrassing?

    Because you're trying to argue your point as if even a small fraction of the playerbase are in your position. SBMM is designed for people like you to stay out of the normal matchmaking pool, it's designed for the average player to be paired against other average players.

    It's embarrassing because you flex your "knowledge" and "skill", but in reality you're just flexing how out of touch you are with the rest of the community.

    That's like going up to Any person that mained Hillbillly that hated the billy changes and telling him it was Embarrassing how he played and missed alot of chainsaws with the new Overheat Mechanic.

    That isn't even remotely similar. You should take up a part-time job as a waiter serving tables, that way the next time you say something wack you'll know to say "Pardon my Reach" beforehand so people can mentally prepare.

    What did you think that meant? Did you think I was bragging about my superior skill in competitive Dead by Daylight?

    As if..

    Not only that, you're the one who brought competitive play into the forefront anyway, or did you already forget what you wrote?

    Didn't forget what i wrote. which i also provided what i said...

    You didn't provide any proof that wasn't already known. I been said that Competitive Dead by Daylight is not the same game as what the other 99.9% of players are playing.

    .....SBMM.. Are we even talking about the same thing at this point? Sbmm IS COMPETITIVE FOR A REASON. like i said.. you NEVER saw what a good swf can do to any killers. reguardless of skill...

    Also i did provide proof... you didn't bother watching the videos in which i provided....

    It's a completely different bubble that people like you can't seem to see out of. Again, if you reference the title of my discussion:

    Again... You are so far out of touch on what We as a actual Competitive community are trying to prove... That SBMM will hurt Killers by a longshot.

    Because you're trying to argue your point as if even a small fraction of the playerbase are in your position. SBMM is designed for people like you to stay out of the normal matchmaking pool, it's designed for the average player to be paired against other average players.

    So am i not allowed to have Casual Fun once ina while? Am i not Allowed to even remotely turn off my brain and just relax abit while playing Killer? Am i Force to Sweat 24 / 7 due to being a Killer?

    it's embarrassing because you flex your "knowledge" and "skill", but in reality you're just flexing how out of touch you are with the rest of the community.

    When... did i flex. I never Mentioned Hours. At All.

    That isn't even remotely similar. You should take up a part-time job as a waiter serving tables, that way the next time you say something wack you'll know to say "Pardon my Reach" beforehand so people can mentally prepare.

    If this is supposed to be a insult.. I heard Better coming from kids back in CoD lobbies in 2012... Should go steal a quote from them..

    Oh wait.. those lobbies would eat you up in a heartbeat.. Nevermind,

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2469153#Comment_2469153

    So you are saying that you should get rewarded by being able to 4k brown rank survivors over and over again. You do realize those 4 other brown rank survivors you are decimating want to have fun playing the game also and not be Survivor piñatas for every red rank killer.

    What I am saying is that a party game should not have SBMM at all.

  • I'm sorry but it is arrogant to say that, like "you like it and you're good, and if you don't like it it means you're bad", maybe too simple to say it works like that.

    And when I run the killer for 2+ minutes while no gens are getting done, and got flashlight saves, I don't call that a "game with mates that have comparable levels".

  • First game, my teammates hid a lot and let 2 of the team get to 2nd hook stage first hook, since then my teammates have actually been half decent.

    I'm so far impressed but too early to say

  • One thing I literally don't understand from the high MMR anti SBMM faction: they don't want to be paired with equally skilled opponents all the time. So that leaves the question...who are those equally skilled opponents supposed to face? The next lower ranked guy is literally going to have it way worse than you. It should be his problem because you DESERVE to utterly wreck somebody at the end of the night to let off the tension from all the sweaty matches you had?

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2478361#Comment_2478361

    What did you think that meant? Did you think I was bragging about my superior skill in competitive Dead by Daylight?

    As if..

    Not only that, you're the one who brought competitive play into the forefront anyway, or did you already forget what you wrote?

    Didn't forget what i wrote. which i also provided what i said...

    You didn't provide any proof that wasn't already known. I been said that Competitive Dead by Daylight is not the same game as what the other 99.9% of players are playing.

    .....SBMM.. Are we even talking about the same thing at this point? Sbmm IS COMPETITIVE FOR A REASON. like i said.. you NEVER saw what a good swf can do to any killers. reguardless of skill...

    Also i did provide proof... you didn't bother watching the videos in which i provided....

    It's a completely different bubble that people like you can't seem to see out of. Again, if you reference the title of my discussion:

    Again... You are so far out of touch on what We as a actual Competitive community are trying to prove... That SBMM will hurt Killers by a longshot.

    Because you're trying to argue your point as if even a small fraction of the playerbase are in your position. SBMM is designed for people like you to stay out of the normal matchmaking pool, it's designed for the average player to be paired against other average players.

    So am i not allowed to have Casual Fun once ina while? Am i not Allowed to even remotely turn off my brain and just relax abit while playing Killer? Am i Force to Sweat 24 / 7 due to being a Killer?

    it's embarrassing because you flex your "knowledge" and "skill", but in reality you're just flexing how out of touch you are with the rest of the community.

    When... did i flex. I never Mentioned Hours. At All.

    That isn't even remotely similar. You should take up a part-time job as a waiter serving tables, that way the next time you say something wack you'll know to say "Pardon my Reach" beforehand so people can mentally prepare.

    If this is supposed to be a insult.. I heard Better coming from kids back in CoD lobbies in 2012... Should go steal a quote from them..

    Oh wait.. those lobbies would eat you up in a heartbeat.. Nevermind,

    That isn't even remotely similar. You should take up a part-time job as a waiter serving tables, that way the next time you say something wack you'll know to say "Pardon my Reach" beforehand so people can mentally prepare.


    If this is supposed to be a insult.. I heard Better coming from kids back in CoD lobbies in 2012... Should go steal a quote from them..

    Oh wait.. those lobbies would eat you up in a heartbeat.. Nevermind,

    I'm only replying because my joke just went right over your head and I think that's extremely funny. Pretty telling considering you seem to have been missing the finer details of my comments all over this thread.

    I do think it's really sad though that you think lobbies filled with 12 year olds screaming about your mom qualifies as insults, but you know. Different strokes for different folks I guess.


    You didn't provide any proof that wasn't already known. I been said that Competitive Dead by Daylight is not the same game as what the other 99.9% of players are playing.

    .....SBMM.. Are we even talking about the same thing at this point? Sbmm IS COMPETITIVE FOR A REASON. like i said.. you NEVER saw what a good swf can do to any killers. reguardless of skill...

    Also i did provide proof... you didn't bother watching the videos in which i provided....

    I included my comment in this one to ask a question. What's the point of quoting a specific line from my comment if you're not going to respond to it at all and just completely ignore what I'm saying.

    I said pretty clearly, You didn't provide any proof that wasn't already known. Yet you somehow thought I said that you didn't prove proof, period? Do you need some help reading my comments? I thought I was typing in english but let me know if I need to speak a different language and I can accommodate the best I can.


    Another suggestion I can recommend is reading my comments a few times over just to make sure you know what I'm saying. I understand that basic reading comprehension is a little hard so if you need the extra time then by all means take it.


    Again... You are so far out of touch on what We as a actual Competitive community are trying to prove... That SBMM will hurt Killers by a longshot.

    Except... it literally hasn't. Mostly because we're currently in a SBMM system and reception is generally positive.

    Again, the only people getting hurt by this system is the sweaty competitive scene and the people who do not belong at the ranks they were placed at. People the majority of the community are specifically trying to avoid.


    So am i not allowed to have Casual Fun once ina while? Am i not Allowed to even remotely turn off my brain and just relax abit while playing Killer? Am i Force to Sweat 24 / 7 due to being a Killer?

    Play a different killer then. Last I checked you get 5 for free? That's not enough to tide you over for when you get bored?


    When... did i flex. I never Mentioned Hours. At All.

    Neither did I? Not sure where hours came into the conversation when I was specifically talking about skill and knowledge about the game. Maybe you got confused by the drastic turn you made into Call of Duty and thought for some reason that hours in a game automatically means you're more skilled at it? I certainly hope that's not what you think.

    See my waiter comment was good because you could've said "Pardon my reach" before this sentence and I would've known beforehand to completely ignore it.

  • I have not experienced any difference in my survivor games.

    There are still dumbass megs who don't do anything and escape and there are still sweatlord spirit mains who yell slurs at everyone because they can use their ears, no differences.

  • @Astrian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2470463#Comment_2470463

    Except the evidence shows that it has worked.

    I and many others have said that it works as intended. We get great games as survivors working together as they should, and killer games are generally more challenging as people aren't throwing at the beginning of every match. People generally at my skill rating make better decisions.

    By definition, the SBMM is working as intended and many in the community can back up my claims, just look at this thread and see the highest upvoted comments.

    If it works so well for me and many others and doesn't work well for others, I can only assume a few things.

    If you are a survivor player

    1. You are a player who has thousands upon thousands of hours in the game and therefore should be paired against high skilled killers who pick Spirit and Nurse and run all meta perks.
    2. You are a bad player who was benefitting from the old system and in a higher rank than you should be.

    If you are a killer player

    1. Again, you are a player who has thousands upon thousands of hours in the game and therefore should be paired against high skilled survivors (not necessarily SWF) who run all meta perks and play optimally.
    2. You were benefitting off of the old system which had lowerskilled survivors in high ranks and are now being paired against survivors who actually know what they're doing. <--- This is where most killers in purple and red ranks fit in, including myself. These killers are not necessarily bad because they were just playing the hands that they were dealt.

    Every single time someone has complained about SBMM, they easily fit into the #2 category.

    If you are a survivor player, I'm sorry. You for once in your life have to actually pull your weight and be a team player. I'm sorry that you cannot be a burden on your team anymore. There are 3 other people on your team who would like to have an enjoyable game. Please be considerate and actually try to win.

    If you are a killer player, I'm sorry you actually have to try for once to get your 4K. It is extremely annoying for a lot of killer players to join a game and instantly get a disconnect because you are playing a killer the survivor doesn't like, or because they got downed first. Nobody wants to deal with this.

    if its worked then why do they keep removing it before a full week goes by because survivors (shockedpikachuface) were abusing it?

    they'v "Introduced SBMM!" like 4 times now, 3 of them being complete failures.

  • @Dsalter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2470610#Comment_2470610

    if its worked then why do they keep removing it before a full week goes by because survivors (shockedpikachuface) were abusing it?

    they'v "Introduced SBMM!" like 4 times now, 3 of them being complete failures.

    You mean they have tested it 4 times?

    Now they have activated it.

  • I love SBMM. My games seem fair and are generally fun games.

    Finally I can also try out new killers without meeting too good players from the get-go.

    I agree with most of what you’re saying @Astrian 😄👍🏻

    I think that the content creators will have to adapt. 50 wins in a row with every killer says enough that this game needed change. Try out 50 wins in a row in SBMM and I’ll finally be impressed. Same with survivors, watching 7000 hour sweatlords with a rainbow-squad head-on stun a killer 32 times in a game is not fun.

  • @JoByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2485434#Comment_2485434

    You mean they have tested it 4 times?

    Now they have activated it.

    they werent tests, they were "live introductions" followed by swift we had to revert back to the old system because of """"bugs""" aka survivors figured out how to exploit the system and get super easy games by having one player in the SWF do specific things to tank so hard that their mmr was at its lowest, party with said person and suddenly the 3 man rank 1's and the "smurf" rank 15 were being averaged at about rank 16 because of how """bad""" the exploiting party member was.

    and once they figure out how to do it in this version it'll be the same cycle again.

    exept this time EVERYONE but the exploiter suffers

  • @Dsalter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2485517#Comment_2485517

    they werent tests, they were "live introductions" followed by swift we had to revert back to the old system because of """"bugs""" aka survivors figured out how to exploit the system and get super easy games by having one player in the SWF do specific things to tank so hard that their mmr was at its lowest, party with said person and suddenly the 3 man rank 1's and the "smurf" rank 15 were being averaged at about rank 16 because of how """bad""" the exploiting party member was.

    and once they figure out how to do it in this version it'll be the same cycle again.

    exept this time EVERYONE but the exploiter suffers

    Then why are they saying “tests”?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/278339/news-skill-based-matchmaking-enabled-indefinitely#latest

    They did try to implement it once and reverted it the first time. They obviously needed more data to base their numbers on.

  • @YukariTheAlpaca said:

    Ah yes, SBMM in a party game balanced like a party game. What a great idea.

    For reference, in tournaments, the only killers who won any matches consistently were Nurse and Spirit. Not to mention the fact that survivors can complete their objective in under 6 minutes regardless of if the killer plays well or not.

    I am sure good players are going to LOVE playing with SBMM. I get punished for playing well as killer because I will only get genrush sweat squads. I get punished for winning as survivor by being forced to play against Spirit every match.

    Not everyone plays like it's a tournament or else we would have a lot more of those.

  • When you “win” you meet better players.

    When you “lose” you meet worse players.

    In the long run you will find your perfect skill. Games will always vary just like before, but with more precision of finding more suitable players.

  • I always said that the old system made bad survivors think they were better than they were because it was far too easy for them to level. I am a bit more introspective, and realized that I did not deserve my rank, but many people have egos that don't allow them to think that way, so the new system is a shock for them. Being paired with survivors as good as yourself can only be a good thing.

    I think high level killers are going to have a tougher time. Maybe this will be a good thing for the game. No longer will we have good killers going up against bad survivors, that had ranks higher than their skill level, and skewing the analytics of the game. Then, hopefully, the devs will see the problems more clearly and make more meaningful changes. The game should be balanced for both sides, and if it turns out that that balance is not there, then it should get fixed

  • @Astrian said:

    I am speaking specifically on the survivor side.

    There are a lot of survivors complaining about Skill Based Match Making saying they get bad games now and it's not fun for them.

    I personally have had the exact opposite, Survivor games are fantastic for me, people are actually trying to win, doing generators, saving their teammates, not getting downed in 2 seconds, many different, skilled killers being played like Hag, Hillbilly and Huntress. This is great!

    I started thinking about it, and realistically, the only people who should be negatively affected by Skill-Based matchmaking are:

    • Very High skilled people who will now get paired with equally high skilled, sweaty people
    • Low skilled people who think they're good, but actually aren't

    Now, I'm not trying to accuse anybody of anything, but all I'm saying is, most people probably aren't the high skilled people like Otzdarva or any content creator like that who have thousands upon thousands of hours in the game.

    All I'm saying is, my experience from the tests that BHVR have put, says that the new matchmaking is doing it's job. I see a lot of other people who have had great experiences with the new matchmaking as well, and they all say the same things I do.

    For those that are skeptical of the matchmaking, give it a try. You might actually like it.

    For those that have had a negative experience with the matchmaking, maybe that's just where you belong :)

    As for me, I am sure I will thoroughly enjoy SBMM when it is reimplemented into the game and I'll be glad to finally be able to play some good games of survivor and play some good games of killer without people instantly disconnecting when they see a killer they don't like.

    Accurate. The "ggez" players that did nothing all game are eventually winding up with likewise players or people just starting out.

    Same with killers who face camp, scores go down so does MMR.

    I have been having a blast with MMR! Games are much more fun.

  • I don't think you can balance a game based around SBMM statistics. a 50/50 winrate doesn't mean the GAME is balanced, it just means your GAMES are balanced, based on the skill level of people you put into it. The "balance" comes from looking at the best players playing the best killers and best survivor perks at the highest level, and seeing what is viable and what is not. But they don't do that. But you're forcing a non-casual mode, competitive mode onto everyone.

    I don't think a lot of people who play these fair matches ever really feel like the match they're playing was a fair and balanced match, but then you didn't really get those prior to MMR either.

  • @Dsalter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2470610#Comment_2470610

    if its worked then why do they keep removing it before a full week goes by because survivors (shockedpikachuface) were abusing it?

    they'v "Introduced SBMM!" like 4 times now, 3 of them being complete failures.

    Weren't those tests and this the full implementation of the SBMM system?



    Yes, yes it was, and is.

1 2 ›