Just got bhvr'd and lost a game.

Was playing nurse on swamp. Grabbed someone from a pallet. On my screen, I grabbed them and was carrying them. On their screen they never got grabbed in the first place. So I was stuck in some weird purgatory of holding an invisible survivor that I couldn't hook or put down. Couldn't lunge or blink either.

So hit and grab validation is clearly doing an amazing job! Nice one dev's.

Comments

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    Was playing nurse on swamp. Grabbed someone from a pallet. On my screen, I grabbed them and was carrying them. On their screen they never got grabbed in the first place. So I was stuck in some weird purgatory of holding an invisible survivor that I couldn't hook or put down. Couldn't lunge or blink either.

    So hit and grab validation is clearly doing an amazing job! Nice one dev's.

    The whole 'validation' for.... everything is broken.

    Like, dunno if you play plague, but I had it so often that I hit a survivor with her vomit (either), sound plays, animation plays, no healthstate is affected. BUT the survivor experience the same. Which should LITERALLY be impossible given how the effects would be called in the code.

  • @Shroompy said:

    cool story bro

    Thanks for the totally necessary productive comment ๐Ÿ‘

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449942#Comment_2449942

    Thanks for the totally necessary productive comment ๐Ÿ‘

    And thanks for another generic salt post that doesnt bring up any form of discussion whatsoever ๐Ÿ‘

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449947#Comment_2449947

    And thanks for another generic salt post that doesnt bring up any form of discussion whatsoever ๐Ÿ‘

    naw, man, this is actually an issue (as said) because the code that calls for the various operations connected with validation is seriously wonky.

    You have grabs that end like this (especially since the 'change grabs to hits if X' change that came... last patch?), the aforementioned sfx&vfx playing on hits without a healthstate being affected and similar.

    Like, I have had people go down from a hit (not because they didn't mend) after I had broken off the chase and walked the other way... because... I have no idea how that is even possible, even with massive lag


    OP: maybe change the title to 'hit validation at its finest'?

  • You know, seriously, the only thing I can imagine is that they didn't remove some line of codes that STILL have the killer's server validate the hit, and somehow calls the functions for effects wrong on both sides.

    Like, how it should now go (with the 'new' validation etc)

    ---

    Killer attacks -> Servers check for collision between the weapons/projectiles hitboxes -> game on both sides calls functions for effects (healthstates, vfx, sfx etc)

    ---

    How it apparently goes:

    Killer attacks -> The old killer-sided validation checks for a hit AND the server checks for a hit -> Killer-sided check says yes, server sided says no -> killer-sided check calls for effects which are somehow not longer tied together with healthstates, while server checks continues the game.

    ---

    Basically they didn't turn off the killer-server check at all it would seem

    Spaghetti code

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Git gud

    I clearly got outplayed ๐Ÿ˜ช

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449947#Comment_2449947

    And thanks for another generic salt post that doesnt bring up any form of discussion whatsoever ๐Ÿ‘

    I'm sorry I didn't know making threads bringing attention to issues with the game wasn't "important" enough for the forums.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449952#Comment_2449952

    I'm sorry I didn't know making threads bringing attention to issues with the game wasn't "important" enough for the forums.

    You should be sorry!

    The only threads allowed on the forums are threads that bash the clearly overpowered Killvivor role or beg for the devs to nerf Hex: Decisive One Escapes Time.

    -

    Seriously though, this issue is really frustrating.

    I've had it happen to me more than once, twice as Ghostface and once as Doctor. One of those the Survivors decided they just wouldn't open the Gates and spent at least 10 minutes goofing around before I stopped checking the TV.

    You should submit a report, with a video if you have one, to the bug report section of the forums and describe the issue there.

    If they do fix this, it'll be because people help them identify what triggers it.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449942#Comment_2449942

    Thanks for the totally necessary productive comment ๐Ÿ‘

    One look at their post history pretty much tells you it's a waste of time to engage - Nothing but negativity :(

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/275297/just-got-bhvrd-and-lost-a-game

    The whole 'validation' for.... everything is broken.

    Like, dunno if you play plague, but I had it so often that I hit a survivor with her vomit (either), sound plays, animation plays, no healthstate is affected. BUT the survivor experience the same. Which should LITERALLY be impossible given how the effects would be called in the code.

    This happens to me almost every match lately as plague. My last match I played as her I officially quit and will not play as her until it gets fixed because my power would NOT work on survivors at all by puking directly onto them and it makes me so sad cuz she's the killer I bought this game for and main ๐Ÿ˜ข


    I genuinely don't think it will ever be fixed bcuz it's been an issue since dedicated servers were implemented but with the recent change to pallet drops/hit validation I think it's been made worse and happens way more frequently it's absolutely insane

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    Was playing nurse on swamp. Grabbed someone from a pallet. On my screen, I grabbed them and was carrying them. On their screen they never got grabbed in the first place. So I was stuck in some weird purgatory of holding an invisible survivor that I couldn't hook or put down. Couldn't lunge or blink either.

    So hit and grab validation is clearly doing an amazing job! Nice one dev's.

    The hit validation is so broken its not even funny. in my most recent game I was against a bubba and as soon as I dropped the pallet and started to run I didnt make it more than 4 meters away from the pallet before his auto attack smacked the pallet and I went down...after it was already dropped and out of the animation lock.

    I feel your pain....its disgusting how hit validation still hasnt been fixed.

  • I ve seen this bug before pallet validation, nurse blinked to the vault and got a grab but in reality,no grab happened and she was stuck in carrying animation whole match

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449944#Comment_2449944

    This happens to me almost every match lately as plague. My last match I played as her I officially quit and will not play as her until it gets fixed because my power would NOT work on survivors at all by puking directly onto them and it makes me so sad cuz she's the killer I bought this game for and main ๐Ÿ˜ข

    I genuinely don't think it will ever be fixed bcuz it's been an issue since dedicated servers were implemented but with the recent change to pallet drops/hit validation I think it's been made worse and happens way more frequently it's absolutely insane

    @ShinobuSK said:

    I ve seen this bug before pallet validation, nurse blinked to the vault and got a grab but in reality,no grab happened and she was stuck in carrying animation whole match

    @MrBuffalo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/275297/just-got-bhvrd-and-lost-a-game

    The hit validation is so broken its not even funny. in my most recent game I was against a bubba and as soon as I dropped the pallet and started to run I didnt make it more than 4 meters away from the pallet before his auto attack smacked the pallet and I went down...after it was already dropped and out of the animation lock.

    I feel your pain....its disgusting how hit validation still hasnt been fixed.

    That's what I mean.

    It really feels as if they simply coded in the stuff for dedicated servers but didn't remove the killer-server validation and now these are causing pain and chaos.

    Like, i know sometimes removing chunks of code that should have no purpose anymore can stop everything from working... but... this is ludicrous.

  • I've been BHVR'd a lot of times playing plague, I'm sick of this.

    The killers are the most BHVR'd by far:

    • Fake pallet stuns from 1m away (The same for Head On perk).
    • Auto-aim playing against you.
    • Gen/hook/window survivor grabs being robbed.
    • Changing clown bottles and throwing the one you had selected just before the change.

    .

    .

    .


    I miss the old times in which the killer was the host.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449947#Comment_2449947

    And thanks for another generic salt post that doesnt bring up any form of discussion whatsoever ๐Ÿ‘

    People do this because, well, believe it or not, they care about the game. OP has the right to complain.

  • @IamFran said:

    I've been BHVR'd a lot of times playing plague, I'm sick of this.

    The killers are the most BHVR'd by far:

    • Fake pallet stuns from 1m away (The same for Head On perk).
    • Auto-aim playing against you.
    • Gen/hook/window survivor grabs being robbed.
    • Changing clown bottles and throwing the one you had selected before just before the change.

    .

    .

    .

    I miss the old times in which the killer was the host.

    Gotta love it when the vomit hits the survivor and doesn't even infect them. I would enjoy Plague a lot more if that weren't the case.

  • Yup. A fun one I had recently was when I started to hook someone right about the same time another survivor ran over to break the hook. I got stuck in the hooking animation, completely unable to move, until the hook dropped in my face.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449952#Comment_2449952

    I'm sorry I didn't know making threads bringing attention to issues with the game wasn't "important" enough for the forums.

    You should open a Bug Report instead a Diary-Post in General Discussions. Because this is a Bug and it should be in the Bug Reports-Section.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    Yup. A fun one I had recently was when I started to hook someone right about the same time another survivor ran over to break the hook. I got stuck in the hooking animation, completely unable to move, until the hook dropped in my face.

    I got that one too. I was just relieved my game didn't crash once I figured out what happened. Lol.

  • as someone who experienced many things and met a lot of interesting people in this game and talked with them post game I can assure you BHVR did not have the fault here, but the survivor forced you to grab them to perform an illegal tech. Keep in mind that one survivor wasn't the person who performed the cheat, but they could have been in swf

    image.png

    Here Quentin did nothing wrong, but Bill was a lagswitcher I couldn't pick up and also he made quentin bug me, Quentin could do normal actions while flying and I was stuck like this. This happened exactly 2 months ago.

  • @IamFran said:

    I've been BHVR'd a lot of times playing plague, I'm sick of this.

    The killers are the most BHVR'd by far:

    • Fake pallet stuns from 1m away (The same for Head On perk).
    • Auto-aim playing against you.
    • Gen/hook/window survivor grabs being robbed.
    • Changing clown bottles and throwing the one you had selected before just before the change.

    .

    .

    .

    I miss the old times in which the killer was the host.

    Add one to the pile: survivor crawling to the hatch interrupts closing animation

    If you downed someone near the opened hatch, never go for the hatch, go for pickup

  • There's no word that better describes the dbd experience lmao

  • @IamFran said:

    I've been BHVR'd a lot of times playing plague, I'm sick of this.

    The killers are the most BHVR'd by far:

    • Fake pallet stuns from 1m away (The same for Head On perk).
    • Auto-aim playing against you.
    • Gen/hook/window survivor grabs being robbed.
    • Changing clown bottles and throwing the one you had selected before just before the change.

    .

    .

    .

    I miss the old times in which the killer was the host.

    Add lockers to that grab list. Two weeks ago I had a survivor enter one in my view any when I pulled them out I saw the animation halfway through and then they were already running several meter in the distance and I still stuck in the animation.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449947#Comment_2449947

    And thanks for another generic salt post that doesnt bring up any form of discussion whatsoever ๐Ÿ‘

    ^ Found the survivor that the OP Nurse was facing on Swamp.