Was about 8m away from a gen and it made no audio
Then it got popped, then I lost the game because of it because gens were too far to keep constant pressure on as Nemi
"Did a pretty good job so far."
Unless they changed gen audio distances since the RE chapter's first couple weeks and my absence has made me miss that change, then they can't even make an audio file play correctly
Comments
Technician
There was no technician in play, they all had meta perks and the gen literally just didn't play audio for me
Yup. Technician.
There was no technician in play dude I checked
Spring Clamp reduces the audible range of your Generator-repairing noises by 8 meters.
Did they have a tool box with this addon Spring Clamp.
There we no toolboxes unless they switched last second, I only checked perks because I didn't see anybody carry a toolbox nor did I see any in the after action screen, I also heard each one of them on a gen with each one isolated, there was no technician it was just the gen being quiet for no reason
If the gen was behind a wall or at a different level than you then yes. The gen sounds are broken, you can also try it at the house of pain (Basement house) in Badham or Haddonfield. If the gen is getting worked on and you are not at the stairs, you will 100% not hear the gen, only if you make a few stebs to the stairs then all of a sudden you hear it.
Same goes to walls or other buildings, the sound is getting muffled to 0.
Nemesis is top tier. You weren't camping hard enough.
Sound occlusion is a thing
There was a couple trees and bushes, do they effect sound now?
A poorly implemented thing.
If you’re playing on PC, do you have surround sound enabled? That really messes with the game’s sound, I made the mistake of turning it on once and generators became silent as soon as I turned away from them, even if they were 1 metre behind me.
Bite the gen.
I was in the same house as a teammate and I couldn't hear that she was on the gen. Sometimes the audio is just bugged. Or technician.
There are spots on some maps (especially Midwich) where you can only hear the gen from one direction, and it makes no logical sense. I never trust that a gen's not being worked on unless I see it with my eyes.
The audio is crap right now if i were you i would play survivor only at least with survivor you dont rely on audio
We love to see it.
There are several specific gens on certain maps that have broken sound range for inexplicable reasons, particularly when you are on another floor. The most problematic map in these terms is Midwich.
There's at least one 2nd floor midwich gen that is audiable from a distance, but becomes mute as you get closer.
Its an audio occlusion problem usually, the game has been plagued by it for years and this is one they've never even tried to fix in the 2+ years I've played it, or at least have never fixed with any amount of success.
Don't missunderstand me but audio reduction is not the same as not giving audio cues. I have been using it and even thought the first part the generator repair was almost 0 when it started, it was very audible when it was almost fully repaired... not like normally but if you were near, you could hear it.
If they are like connected with a bush, you know like on badham where you have a tree, then a big rock and another tree all together to form a wall then yes. This ######### sadly happens often, same goes to footstebs, breathing or even injury sounds. Not as often as with gen sounds though, sadly there is nothing you can do about, thats the reason why I stopped maining Spirit or playing Rainbow Six Siege, games that have a broken sound engine should fix that since it is a big part of the game and is bound to your game experience and fun.
Did anyone of the survivors happen to have ace in the hole?
I think you can’t hear gens outside the double stairs basement building on badham pre school. Idk if that’s intended or a bug
I'm pretty sure it's just the sound of *your repairs* that is quieter with that add-on, not the sound of the gen itself. Only the the little clicks and stuff that play when you're repairing it. That's why not that many people use it.
Thanks for letting me know I don't use toolbox's that much.
I was just aware of the addon.
Sounds in general sometimes just don't work like if a gen is behind a wall, or the silent survivor in dying state bug, or right now how spirit can't hear footsteps