People who say dead hard has no counter…

Are you also advocating for tinkerer to be changed, as there is no way to avoid it being activated? Compared to other information perks such as BBQ, discordance, etc there is no workaround, and thus zero counterplay. You can’t advocate for DH to be changed because of lacking counter if you don’t hold the same standards for tinkerer.

Comments

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442009#Comment_2442009

    Not what I said at all. I make a completely fair comparison and suddenly because it doesn’t agree with your opinion, I’m just a troll account. Seriously, why is it so controversial to say anything is too strong on the killer side? But it’s complete consensus to say SWF is OP, half the killers need a buff, etc. This sub is so blatantly killer sided, which is very strange as much more people play survivor.

    Maybe because the game is blatantly survivor sided?

  • Dead hard needs very specific timing to be used right either when the killer is about to slash or if you need to make it to a pallet or vault point. Used at the wrong time and it doesn't help you at all.

  • @Msterflex said:

    You did t think this one through friend. Spinchill and depending on gen location your own eyes can counter tinkerer

    You didn’t read the thread when I addressed this 20 times

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441950#Comment_2441950

    people didn't upvote you because what you said (coup counters dead hard) is false. coup simply doesn't counter dead hard and it's one of the worst perks in the game. lol what's next, hoarder counters key droppers?

    Coup does counter DH lol

  • Why can I 4k at red ranks reliably as a ######### killer then? I wonder if some people on here even play the game

  • Though all three perks are different. Yes, I do want all three of those nerfed/changed.

    Funny of you to assume ppl don't want to. :)

  • People should also remember you literally only get one chance to use dead hard in a chase and that's when you're already injured. It's not an infinite use ability that gets you away from killers it gives you a short boost which if timed right may dodge a killers strike or get you to a pallet drop point or a vault spot but that's about it.

  • @DCh4rlie said:

    Though all three perks are different. Yes, I do want all three of those nerfed/changed.

    Funny of you to assume ppl don't want to. :)

    Judging by the rest of the thread, I’d say I was right considering how angry they got! I’m fine with them all being nerfed, I use none regardless.

  • A better example would be bamboozle. There is no counter to it, yet no one complains about it.

    Almost like perks are supposed to give you an advantage, like DH and Bamboozle do....

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442936#Comment_2442936

    Judging by the rest of the thread, I’d say I was right considering how angry they got! I’m fine with them all being nerfed, I use none regardless.

    Don't forget the fact that this is the forum and ppl in here only represent one part of the commuity.

    I know that ppl with your/my opinion are rare, though they do exist.

  • @DCh4rlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442942#Comment_2442942

    Don't forget the fact that this is the forum and ppl in here only represent one part of the commuity.

    I know that ppl with your/my opinion are rare, though they do exist.

    It just gets boring. Any remotely pro survivor/anti killer post will be extremely controversial, but when it’s the other way around, it’s seemingly completely fine to have that opinion?

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/274445/people-who-say-dead-hard-has-no-counter

    How is dead hard, a perk that has no activation requirements outside being injured (fairly easy to happen) and gives I frames, plus in a loop is uncounterable.

    Tinkerer can be countered by looking around and smart placement on gens.

    We don't care that it can't be avoided activating it, we care that it can't be countered.

    Yeah I’ll just activate my wall hacks and see through buildings and walls to see when a killer is coming

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441935#Comment_2441935

    The Undetectable isn't the good part of Tinkerer, it's the information.

    Shame its only useful by fat luck or on specific killers.

  • @ZaroktheImmortal said:

    People should also remember you literally only get one chance to use dead hard in a chase and that's when you're already injured. It's not an infinite use ability that gets you away from killers it gives you a short boost which if timed right may dodge a killers strike or get you to a pallet drop point or a vault spot but that's about it.

    You did not just say "that's about it", did you?

    "Old purple instaheal just gave you one healthstate, that's about it"

    "MoM 1.0 just gave you one healthstate after 3 hits, that's about it"

    See any patterns here?

  • I mean, I do not really care about Dead Hard having no counter. And in that same way, I do not really care about Tinkerer having no counter. So... Sure? I would advocate for consistency either way. Lol.

  • @DCh4rlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442940#Comment_2442940

    You did not just say "that's about it", did you?

    "Old purple instaheal just gave you one healthstate, that's about it"

    "MoM 1.0 just gave you one healthstate after 3 hits, that's about it"

    See any patterns here?

    Ruin only gives you regressing gens when someone's not on it that's about it.


    NOED only gives you one hit downs on survivors. That's about it.

  • Dead hard has no counters and it is OK.

    There are some things that are wrong about this perk though. Dead harding into wall with no animation should not be a thing, as well as dead harding through traps.

  • @ZaroktheImmortal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442965#Comment_2442965

    Ruin only gives you regressing gens when someone's not on it that's about it.

    NOED only gives you one hit downs on survivors. That's about it.

    Yep, pretty much this haha.

  • Dead Hard is completely unusable on PS4. If you're playing killer, the game freezes when survivors use it. If you're survivor, it freezes when your teammates use it. If you try to use it, you freeze in place and are exhausted on the ground (which happened a lot before they broke the game with the RE chapter).

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442953#Comment_2442953

    It just gets boring. Any remotely pro survivor/anti killer post will be extremely controversial, but when it’s the other way around, it’s seemingly completely fine to have that opinion?

    Probably because alot of pro survivor/ anti killer posts in this forum tend to be ridiculous to the point they look like they are trolling rather then making a serious discussion. Sluzzys post are a prime example of this.

    Not saying that survivors have no issues to deal with because there are plenty of them like spirit, face camping etc, but so many posts like this one just make people not take them as seriously as they should. Especially when they then scream how killer bias everyone is

  • @Bumbus said:

    Dead hard has no counters and it is OK.

    There are some things that are wrong about this perk though. Dead harding into wall with no animation should not be a thing, as well as dead harding through traps.

    How is something that has no counter and free value with a button press okay?

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442953#Comment_2442953

    It just gets boring. Any remotely pro survivor/anti killer post will be extremely controversial, but when it’s the other way around, it’s seemingly completely fine to have that opinion?

    Again, don't forget that this is the forum. You'll have to deal with that everytime you post here xD

  • @DCh4rlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442982#Comment_2442982

    How is something that has no counter and free value with a button press okay?

    Do you realize that 90% of perks in this game have no counter?

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442992#Comment_2442992

    Do you realize that 90% of perks in this game have no counter?

    Though you are right, there is one thing that you forgot. Namely what differs DH from most of the other 90% of the perks:

    Not all perks are as widely used as DH, therefore you see less of it.

    AND not all perks are as oppressive as DH, meaning that most of the other perks don't get as much (free) value like DH.

    (Take Brutal strength as an example - can you counter the faster kicking itself? Nope. Is it oppressive or anywhere close of giving you a free hit? Nope.)


    Oh and yes, I forgot to add: Only bc there are let's say 5 mistakes in a game, doesn't mean it's okay to have a 6th one.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441935#Comment_2441935

    Okay so killers should just start using coup to counter dead hard then, problem solved! You can’t call psychic prediction of what perks someone is going to use counter.

    Coup is one of the perks I can't play without, for non DH reasons, but man is it hilarious when the survivor dead hards and I use a coup lunge to hit them down at the end of the dead hard XD

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442960#Comment_2442960

    You don't need wall hacks on most maps.

    The only ones I can think of that it is hard to dodge is lerys,cornfields (a heavily survivor sided map anyhow) and the silent hill map.

    Outside that you can literally just look around. It really isn't that hard on most maps. Your making a mountain out of a molehill.

    Also tinkerer requires you to move effectively using Los blockers for it to be of any use. Your complaints about tinkerer aren't valid outside those 3 maps, plus it's only active for 30s max if I remember correctly. DH can be deadly on all maps, and doesn't require much skill to use.

    You’ve forgotten Hawkins, badham, haddonfield all having heavy like of sight blockers

  • @Entity_Lich94 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442959#Comment_2442959

    Probably because alot of pro survivor/ anti killer posts in this forum tend to be ridiculous to the point they look like they are trolling rather then making a serious discussion. Sluzzys post are a prime example of this.

    Not saying that survivors have no issues to deal with because there are plenty of them like spirit, face camping etc, but so many posts like this one just make people not take them as seriously as they should. Especially when they then scream how killer bias everyone is

    Sluzzy was literally banned but lord Tony wasn’t, how is that not blatant evidence of the community being killer sided? FYI I don’t think either should be banned.

  • @DCh4rlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442996#Comment_2442996

    Though you are right, there is one thing that you forgot. Namely what differs DH from most of the other 90% of the perks:

    Not all perks are as widely used as DH, therefore you see less of it.

    AND not all perks are as oppressive as DH, meaning that most of the other perks don't get as much (free) value like DH.

    (Take Brutal strength as an example - can you counter the faster kicking itself? Nope. Is it oppressive or anywhere close of giving you a free hit? Nope.)

    Oh and yes, I forgot to add: Only bc there are let's say 5 mistakes in a game, doesn't mean it's okay to have a 6th one.

    You just proved my point - DH being uncounterable is not a problem. DH being too oppressive might be a problem, but that has nothing to do with being uncounterable.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442988#Comment_2442988

    Sluzzy was literally banned but lord Tony wasn’t, how is that not blatant evidence of the community being killer sided? FYI I don’t think either should be banned.

    Actually he was banned....he's back now but he was banned for a while and, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't sluzzy also unbanned now?

    I do agree neither should be banned for their opinions, even if they are very biased to opposite sides.

  • @Entity_Lich94 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443012#Comment_2443012

    Actually he was banned....he's back now but he was banned for a while and, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't sluzzy also unbanned now?

    I do agree neither should be banned for their opinions, even if they are very biased to opposite sides.

    Dunno, I haven’t seen Sluzzy in ages so I assumed they weren’t unbanned.

  • Yes. Tinkerer is a little too strong right now rbh

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443026#Comment_2443026

    Dunno, I haven’t seen Sluzzy in ages so I assumed they weren’t unbanned.

    Just checked and they are unbanned. I find he goes quiet for a bit before doing loads of post and then goes quiet again which is probably why we haven't seen him post. This forum has both killer and survivor mains but for the most part I'd say people play both. Just saying "oh this forum is so full of killer/survivor mains, what's the point?" makes out as if you know you've lost the argument so your just going to delegitimize everyone around you

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443009#Comment_2443009

    Haddonfield is extremely survivor sided anyhow, but only the inside gens have extreme Los blockers as long as you position correctly on gens. And even then you can usually position so you can see the stairs or are by the window.

    Badham can be pretty bad, but it's all dependant on where the gens are.

    Hawkins isn't that bad either, halfway gens are pretty safe due to pallets always being Nearby. The upstairs one is the only one that is affected by this. And even then most killers give up on this gen because it's a hassle to pressure those gens and upstairs ones.

    Hawkins pallets are absolute trash though lol

  • You counter tinkerer by hiding after the 4th...piston?... activates on the gen.

    Hide for 10ish seconds and voila.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441933#Comment_2441933

    Doesn’t matter, the argument for changing DH is that it has no counter, neither does tinkerer.

    It kind of does matter... People complain about Dead Hard because it's an incredibly strong effect with no counterplay. There's plenty of perks that technically have "no counterplay" that aren't strong. Why should we ask for nerfs solely off of counterplay?

    Tinkerer itself isn't a bad perk by any means but it certainly isn't flawless because of base generator regression sucking so much.

    Dead Hard extends almost every chase it's in when used correctly (and it ain't that hard to use it correctly).

    Nerfing Tinkerer because of Ruin + Undying + Tinkerer is a stupid idea and would make it even worse on its own. Dead Hard's bullshit is

  • That's not true. Tinkerer has 3 counters in my opinion.

    • Spine Chill: It lights up when the killer is coming to you, obviously.
    • SWF: If one person activates Tinkerer, that person can tell the others. And then they know when it activates and what to do when they activate it.
    • Being attentive and careful: When you activate it, you know that the killer has Tinkerer. And then you know when you activate it and what to do.


  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    Are you also advocating for tinkerer to be changed, as there is no way to avoid it being activated? Compared to other information perks such as BBQ, discordance, etc there is no workaround, and thus zero counterplay. You can’t advocate for DH to be changed because of lacking counter if you don’t hold the same standards for tinkerer.

    tinkerer has a counter, literally just hide for 10 seconds

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441954#Comment_2441954

    Spine chill won’t be active if the killer is smart enough to notice it and look away

    ah yes, guess they have spine chill and just grab walk


    thrilling counterplay.

  • So, what I'm seeing here, there's an argument on whether Dead Hard and Tinkerer has a counter or not.

    Well, for Dead Hard, it depends on the server and whether or not the killer has Coupe De Grace, or whether or not the killer's able to determine whether a survivor has the perk by getting closer and waiting until he uses it or attempts to do a 360.

    For Tinkerer, Spine Chill can be of good use against Tinkerer, but it won't stop the perk from activating, so there's no real counter against Tinkerer besides Spine Chill, because even if you know the killer's coming, it won't stop the perk from activation every 30 seconds. If anything, it gives you plenty of support as a silent alarm.

    There are some things that can be prevented by perks, but Tinkerer is not one of them, because it let's you know when a survivor is almost finished with a generator. Spine Chill just let's you know when the killer is coming. It can warn you, but it won't prevent the killer from being notified. Perks like these, BBQ and all that can be countered by other perks in some way, but that doesn't mean that they can be prevented. So there almost wouldn't be any possible way to counter Tinkerer unless you can get back on it within the time of the cooldown.

    Closest you can get to preventing something is Calm Spirit against Perks and Killers that make your survivor scream, because the perk prevents you from screaming, only problem is that there aren't going to be a lot of Killers and Perks that make you scream. And it won't prevent other survivors from giving away your location. For example, by screaming at your location. It kind of renders this 50% useless, but it can still be very useful in it's own way, because not only does it prevent you to scream, but it prevents you from scaring Crows. Just trying to make a point. One good build idea would be Calm Spirit, Iron Will, Lucky Break, and any other perk with a med kit. If you lose the killer and heal yourself quick, it can pause the timer. Let it be an invisibility build.

  • Honestly I feel people would take you more seriously and overall communicate better if you weren't a jerk to almost everyone if not everyone with a different opinion. I'm willing to hear you out and listen to your though process even though I don't agree. So long as and only so long as you promise to be nicer to people and just think from their point of view. You cant want people to see your point of view if you refuse to see theirs. Who know you may just sway me. ;)

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    You can tell how biased people are on here, people saying spine chill is a counter to DH get upvotes, but me saying coup counters dead hard, nothing lol

    Because spine chill is a good perk, coup is not.

  • @PureDoctorMain said:

    Honestly I feel people would take you more seriously and overall communicate better if you weren't a jerk to almost everyone if not everyone with a different opinion. I'm willing to hear you out and listen to your though process even though I don't agree. So long as and only so long as you promise to be nicer to people and just think from their point of view. You cant want people to see your point of view if you refuse to see theirs. Who know you may just sway me. ;)

    sry buddy but this is the DBD community we are talking about.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442011#Comment_2442011

    Already disproven. Perceptive killers will know when someone has spine chill, look at Otz, and be able to counter it.

    You can't take one persons skill and use it as a blanket statement for everybody else. Also, streamers themselves shouldn't be used as examples in this case. They spend hours a day playing, most people don't.

    Nor is DH and Tinkerer good comparisons. One is distance, the other is information.

    Yes, Coup 'can' be used on DH, but for one, it only has five uses against at least three survivors running DH, and two, DH only shines when it's used to reset loops. Which Coup can't negate.

  • Dead hard can be countered, its just not fun to counter it just like 90% of killer stuff

  • @Yatol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443148#Comment_2443148

    sry buddy but this is the DBD community we are talking about.

    sigh I know but all I want is for someone to have a civilized conversation I know its possible but people just refuse to see a POV other than their own. And if just one person would I'd be happy.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441970#Comment_2441970

    ah yes, guess they have spine chill and just grab walk

    thrilling counterplay.

    More thrilling than guessing a killer has tinkerer in the pregame lobby and putting on SC

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    That's not true. Tinkerer has 3 counters in my opinion.

    • Spine Chill: It lights up when the killer is coming to you, obviously.
    • SWF: If one person activates Tinkerer, that person can tell the others. And then they know when it activates and what to do when they activate it.
    • Being attentive and careful: When you activate it, you know that the killer has Tinkerer. And then you know when you activate it and what to do.

    Having psychic powers to predict tinkerer, playing SWF when not everyone does is not counter lol.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443123#Comment_2443123

    More thrilling than guessing a killer has tinkerer in the pregame lobby and putting on SC

    ???


    crab walking is stupid and it looks stupid


    hiding from the killer because they may have a perk is more thrilling and makes them actually feel scary



    NOT only that you can tell a killer has tinkerer when they have no TR and red stain. But if a survivor has spine chill you have no way of knowing and have to guess.


    You can't be this biased against killer, come on.

  • @PureDoctorMain said:

    Honestly I feel people would take you more seriously and overall communicate better if you weren't a jerk to almost everyone if not everyone with a different opinion. I'm willing to hear you out and listen to your though process even though I don't agree. So long as and only so long as you promise to be nicer to people and just think from their point of view. You cant want people to see your point of view if you refuse to see theirs. Who know you may just sway me. ;)

    I’ve always shown respect to people when they do to me, but people on here immediately result to saying I’m biased despite having mained both sides, and a liar countless times when I’m literally saying my opinion and experiences.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443257#Comment_2443257

    ???

    crab walking is stupid and it looks stupid

    hiding from the killer because they may have a perk is more thrilling and makes them actually feel scary

    Hard to hide from the killer when BHVR nerf stealth at every opportunity. Just look at them adding a noise for slow vaulting for zero reason

1 2 3