New Teaser - Time States '19:87' This is the year Hell Raiser was released.

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1426196953440919556

Note the time states '19:87' this is the year Hell Raiser was released

Comments

  • Remember that time they gave a bunch of Candyman hints (tweeting "this anniversary is gonna be SWEET 🍭" and all the bee stuff that they did on their Discord server just to name a few) and it ended up being Pyramid Head based on one clue that could have just as easily been a red herring? It was "obvious" that it was Candyman but it ended up not being him. Some might say it couldn't have been him because it was "too obvious" well if this chapter isn't too obvious I don't know what is

    I'm not trusting anything until I see it in the game, you know they like to screw us over

    (I still think it'll probably be Pinhead, which is good and it paves the way for Candyman since both were made by the same guy, maybe us crazy Candyman theorists can rest in peace soon)

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426054#Comment_2426054

    Remember this quote at the 4th anniversary where most people thought it was candyman

    "this anniversary is going to bee pretty sweet 🍬"

    You know who wasen't the killer that released? Candyman, the killer that released had absolutelly nothing to do with this quote.

    You say people are reaching but bhvr already showed that you have to reach for their clues. P heads big sign was the letter 4 .

    Frankly i would be dissapointed if it was Hellraiser and people figured it out like 4 days before the ptb.

    That said the scene in the tv is pretty much a giveaway so i personally still believe it's hellraiser.

    I just wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a bamboozle on us again

    One random tweet from someone that works at BHVR Vs a week of teasing and clue dropping just for it to mean nothing is a huge difference imo.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426121#Comment_2426121

    One random tweet from someone that works at BHVR Vs a week of teasing and clue dropping just for it to mean nothing is a huge difference imo.

    As someone who believed it was Candyman, I 100% agree.

  • Are we even sure it spells Hell though from one of the Clues? I just watched Schmuckles new video and if you don't flip it then it reads "1987" and not "Hell" Don't rule FNAF out just yet

  • @Jacoby2041 said:

    Remember that time they gave a bunch of Candyman hints (tweeting "this anniversary is gonna be SWEET 🍭" and all the bee stuff that they did on their Discord server just to name a few) and it ended up being Pyramid Head based on one clue that could have just as easily been a red herring? It was "obvious" that it was Candyman but it ended up not being him. Some might say it couldn't have been him because it was "too obvious" well if this chapter isn't too obvious I don't know what is

    I'm not trusting anything until I see it in the game, you know they like to screw us over

    Yes, but they didn't drop a video teaser showing bees and candy like they are here with the hint to Hellraiser.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426126#Comment_2426126

    Yes, but they didn't drop a video teaser showing bees and candy like they are here with the hint to Hellraiser.

    To be fair a TV and VCR aren't exactly strong hint for Hellraiser. A strong Hellraiser teaser would be the damn puzzle box. BHVR is probably screwing with everybody, again. Look back when Chains of Hate was released, the chains were a stronger Hellraiser hint than a TV and VCR. People have been wrong about Pinhead before, there is a good chance everybody is wrong again.

    And really, Pinhead deserves a massive hype teaser, more along the lines of the puzzle box. That would get people pumped up because you know a horror icon is coming. To me this trailer doesn't seem on the level Pinhead that would have.

  • @apathyinc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426132#Comment_2426132

    To be fair a TV and VCR aren't exactly strong hint for Hellraiser. A strong Hellraiser teaser would be the damn puzzle box. BHVR is probably screwing with everybody, again. Look back when Chains of Hate was released, the chains were a stronger Hellraiser hint than a TV and VCR. People have been wrong about Pinhead before, there is a good chance everybody is wrong again.

    And really, Pinhead deserves a massive hype teaser, more along the lines of the puzzle box. That would get people pumped up because you know a horror icon is coming. To me this trailer doesn't seem on the level Pinhead that would have.

    I don't know Hellraiser, but supposedly the video teaser is a very specific reference to the first Hellraiser movie.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426169#Comment_2426169

    I don't know Hellraiser, but supposedly the video teaser is a very specific reference to the first Hellraiser movie.

    It is, it's literally a scene from the film.

  • @ciara1999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426086#Comment_2426086

    I agree with you on that, they are obviously trying to piss off both sides and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

    I can guarantee you that the devs didn't give a single thought to any other fandom when they decided how to tease Hellraiser.

  • @ciara1999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426215#Comment_2426215

    Yea but why put 19.87 and the TV.

    1987 in fnaf is a massive deal. They could of just had that scene alone without the date.

    But anywho.

    1987 is a big deal in a lot of works. It also happens to be the year in which the first Hellraiser film was released, a scene of which is literally playing on the TV.

  • @Sackboy123 said:

    Are we even sure it spells Hell though from one of the Clues? I just watched Schmuckles new video and if you don't flip it then it reads "1987" and not "Hell" Don't rule FNAF out just yet

    But 1987 is also when hell raiser was released clever play by bhvr the last time I struggled this much is when scot was giving the clues

  • Exactly, but it removes Hell from the equation of letters therefore we can't 100% confirm that it's Pinhead yet. Except the teaser showing a scene from Hellraiser. But Behaviour have never been obvious like that before, so don't confirm until the trailer drops

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426218#Comment_2426218

    Because 1987 is the year that Hellraiser released...?

    I can say with certainty that the developers did not do this to spite FNaF fans.

    No it was the people behind hellraiser, who decided to make it in 1987 just to annoy fnafers

  • Just leaving a comment here to have a chuckle later on when tuesday arrives.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426248#Comment_2426248

    The teaser is literally a scene from the first film.

    The clues spelled out "HELL RAISE" (the name of the film).

    Another clue had a pin, suggesting Pinhead.

    It is definitely Hellraiser - there is precisely no room left for doubt.

    no, dbd man tweeted red herring so all of this is fake.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426169#Comment_2426169

    I don't know Hellraiser, but supposedly the video teaser is a very specific reference to the first Hellraiser movie.

    But is it? It's a TV in Hellraiser....a TV. I'm sure there are a bunch of TVs in plenty of movies. The TV in Hellraiser doesn't have a VHS player and is a completely different model, they are both TVs, that's about where it ends. As much as I'd like Pinhead, this is reaching a bit.

  • @apathyinc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426173#Comment_2426173

    But is it? It's a TV in Hellraiser....a TV. I'm sure there are a bunch of TVs in plenty of movies. The TV in Hellraiser doesn't have a VHS player and is a completely different model, they are both TVs, that's about where it ends. As much as I'd like Pinhead, this is reaching a bit.

    Another thread seems to have put the final nail in the coffin for anyone doubting it's Hellraiser. Enjoy Pinhead. :P

  • @apathyinc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426173#Comment_2426173

    But is it? It's a TV in Hellraiser....a TV. I'm sure there are a bunch of TVs in plenty of movies. The TV in Hellraiser doesn't have a VHS player and is a completely different model, they are both TVs, that's about where it ends. As much as I'd like Pinhead, this is reaching a bit.

    Clue 1 - Literally spells Hell Raise

    Clue 2 - Literally shows us a pin

    Clue 3 - Literally shows a scene from the movie

    Clue 4 - when you upload something to the BilliBilli App (Chinese Youtube) it shows the file name, and you'll never guess what it's called

    Discord 13-08 1628875686 .png


  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426218#Comment_2426218

    Because 1987 is the year that Hellraiser released...?

    I can say with certainty that the developers did not do this to spite FNaF fans.

    Why are you parroting that? The argument is that irl movie release date has no place being in that teaser, but it's still there for some reason? How many horror icons we have in the game now, like 5? How many of them cared about showing original movie release date at any point of their existance and pre-existance in dbd?

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    It is pretty amazing how they keep showing teasers that apply to both fnaf and hellraiser despite them having almost nothing in common

    1987 being both the release date of hellraiser and the bite of 87

    Bell icon can be both the instrument that plays when hellraisers appear and the sound of when you finish a night in fnaf.

    Personally i'm pretty sure it's hellraiser but you have to have a pretty biased mind to think fnaf is already ruled out

    I mean, I like fnaf way more than hellraiser but it's pretty obvious now.

  • @Kwek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426227#Comment_2426227

    Why are you parroting that? The argument is that irl movie release date has no place being in that teaser, but it's still there for some reason? How many horror icons we have in the game now, like 5? How many of them cared about showing original movie release date at any point of their existance and pre-existance in dbd?

    Old VCR's displayed the date at the top like that when you turned them on, until the tape started playing. That's why you also see the "SLP" in the bottom left and "Play" in the top left.

  • @Kwek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426325#Comment_2426325

    Why... are you parroting that? 😂 I'm not even attempting to say it can be FNaF in that post, you're either completely missed a pretty simple point or are just jacking it for the likes. And yes, clues pointed in the direction of FNaF heavily and boy were they relevant to it. That's the entire reason such clash is happening right now, but I guess people on these forums live in imaginary universe where we get this much FNaF hype every chapter, which is factually not true. This is literally the first time we get so much discussions, media attention and content regarding fnaf ever, and if you think that's becouse fans just imagine things out of nowhere... well, LoL at you.

    I'd say all chances of anything other than Hellraiser died when the spectrograph thing happened, short of a massive red herring.

  • chrome 13-08 1628876447 .png

    nevermind its still fnaf

  • @SpookySZN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426080#Comment_2426080

    You're for sure doing yourself a disservice by not checking out at least the first two films. They're different than a lot of the horror films of the 80's with some of the best mythology/lore you'll find in any horror franchise.

    I suppose this is true. I probably should give them a chance.

    I'll check my streaming platforms to see if they have the Hellraiser films available.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426354#Comment_2426354

    No. It was clearly never FNaF.

    And also I have been playing DbD since launch and can say with certainty that there has ABSOLUTELY been FNaF speculation at every chapter launch (other than maybe the first couple). There was never any credible evidence that FNaF was going to be the next chapter, it's confirmation bias.

    So you're comparing mild speculation to a massive FNaF outrage that happened during current puzzle week? That should probably make you stop and think for a second that perhaps there was actual evidence to spark all that, but nah, just parrot old "fnaf community bad" mantra. I've been playing since 2017, so I can confirm myself you're blatantly lying about HEAVY fnaf speculation EVERY chapter launch, but you can keep believing whatever bullsh*t you want

  • @Sackboy123 said:

    Are we even sure it spells Hell though from one of the Clues? I just watched Schmuckles new video and if you don't flip it then it reads "1987" and not "Hell" Don't rule FNAF out just yet

    I can disprove this one entirely. If you’ll look at the first character of that supposed picture, you’ll notice it IS flipped. Also, the order was straightup wrong.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426121#Comment_2426121

    One random tweet from someone that works at BHVR Vs a week of teasing and clue dropping just for it to mean nothing is a huge difference imo.

    True i agree.

    I'm not trying to argue that it is going to be springtrap. Just appreciating that the clues still somewhat point in both directions

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425984#Comment_2425984

    "still try to pretend it could be the franchise you want."

    when did I say it's alien?

    also, NO! no one knows what it is. everyone just has their opinions and are aparently afraid to indulge in any conversation that isn't "yes, this is a correct thing you just said"

    chill out

    You might want to check out the forum post for file name of the teaser drop. I’m guessing it’s not what you want to see though maybe? Unless of course it is a big red herring. 🤷‍♂️

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1426196953440919556

    Note the time states '19:87' this is the year Hell Raiser was released

    Am I the only one who isn't excited about Hellraiser? No offense to Hell Raiser Fans just not my Cup of tea.

  • @TwitchyMike said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/272714/new-teaser-time-states-19-87-this-is-the-year-hell-raiser-was-released

    Am I the only one who isn't excited about Hellraiser? No offense to Hell Raiser Fans just not my Cup of tea.

    Hellraiser fans are pretty used to that.

    That said, I feel the same way about fnaf. I felt the same way about RE. Just sucks that HR fans finally get something, and it's marred by an outrage.

  • Imagine if they swerved us and it was the girl from the ring.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426590#Comment_2426590

    Hellraiser fans are pretty used to that.

    That said, I feel the same way about fnaf. I felt the same way about RE. Just sucks that HR fans finally get something, and it's marred by an outrage.

    Ya I would rather have Hellraiser than FNAF though if I am being honest. If they put spring trap in this game I'll laugh. I really don't think FNAF has a place in DBD.

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426016#Comment_2426016

    You might want to check out the forum post for file name of the teaser drop. I’m guessing it’s not what you want to see though maybe? Unless of course it is a big red herring. 🤷‍♂️

    it's not alien so, it isn't what I wanted to see.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426590#Comment_2426590

    Hellraiser fans are pretty used to that.

    That said, I feel the same way about fnaf. I felt the same way about RE. Just sucks that HR fans finally get something, and it's marred by an outrage.

    did you forget how the RE dlc was received?

  • The design was, and still is, pretty bad. People weren't complaining about the inclusion of the characters. Also, the chapter broke consoles. Again, that wasn't because people didn't like the characters, it's because the game was at fault.

    With Hellraiser, people are complaining about the inclusion of it. That's a different thing entirely.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426828#Comment_2426828

    The design was, and still is, pretty bad. People weren't complaining about the inclusion of the characters. Also, the chapter broke consoles. Again, that wasn't because people didn't like the characters, it's because the game was at fault.

    With Hellraiser, people are complaining about the inclusion of it. That's a different thing entirely.

    I have yet to see someone complaining about including hellraiser.

    but people get angry at the inclusion of every character, so that's just normal

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426854#Comment_2426854

    I have yet to see someone complaining about including hellraiser.

    but people get angry at the inclusion of every character, so that's just normal

    I've seen a few complaints about Hellraiser being added. People are already calling him a reskinned Deathslinger despite there being nothing about him yet. It's weird, and as a Hellraiser fan, it feels like my favorite horror franchise is being attacked for no reason. HR fans don't constantly make threads or wild demands, and are generally petty quiet about their fandom.

    That said, you aren't wrong on that second part. I complain about Nemesis, but I think he needs to be fixed and made better. I'm not upset that he isn't Springtrap.

  • They did turn the TV off.


    So, was it going to be pinhead, then they decided no?

    🤔

1 2 ›