Should The Killer Be Able To See The Survivors In The Lobby Before The Match Starts?

As the game is now, the Killer can see the Survivors (and whatever items they are carrying) in the lobby before the match starts. Should the Killer be able to?

Comments

  • Yes. Even tho most chicken out and dodge.

    However, Names and Profiles should be hidden. There is no reason gameplay-wise to show them.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Yes. Even tho most chicken out and dodge.

    However, Names and Profiles should be hidden. There is no reason gameplay-wise to show them.

    I've heard people say they want to be able to see the names so that they can lobby dodge if they recognize a player.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410321#Comment_2410321

    I've heard people say they want to be able to see the names so that they can lobby dodge if they recognize a player.

    I would like that

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Yes. Even tho most chicken out and dodge.

    However, Names and Profiles should be hidden. There is no reason gameplay-wise to show them.

    On steam I actually do double check people's profiles and use it to dodge in lobby players who have bans for hacking on their profiles.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410321#Comment_2410321

    On steam I actually do double check people's profiles and use it to dodge in lobby players who have bans for hacking on their profiles.

    We don't have that ability on console, but that is obviously helpful.

  • I think that when you ready up to look for a match instead of heading to the pre-game lobby it should just go straight into the match.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Yes. Even tho most chicken out and dodge.

    However, Names and Profiles should be hidden. There is no reason gameplay-wise to show them.

    I want them in lobby/match to just have survivors listed as survivor 1-4. Assign all players a generic DBD ID in place of gamertag and at end game screen show the ID next to which survivor it belongs to. Using generic DBD ID removes confusion for cross platform reporting, removes profile/gamertag from being shown on streams if players want to avoid that, removes ability for players to send toxic messages outside the game, would limit lobby dodging, and would hinder killers that target specific players.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Yes. Even tho most chicken out and dodge.

    However, Names and Profiles should be hidden. There is no reason gameplay-wise to show them.

    This^. Or, make the survivors be able to see the killer's profile (not what killer is actually about to be employed in the trial).

  • I don't care about items, survivors can 6 second swap those if they care that much.

    I just want to be able to see ping/name/profile of killer, and Im happy

    Either that or remove killer ability to see my ping/profile/name

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    I don't care about items, survivors can 6 second swap those if they care that much.

    I just want to be able to see ping/name/profile of killer, and Im happy

    Either that or remove killer ability to see my ping/profile/name

    Some people want to see names so that they can lobby dodge if they recognize a player. And someone else said you can check on Steam to see if that person had hacking bans. So if names could stay, but your ping was hidden, would you be okay with the Killer seeing the survivors in the lobby?

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411235#Comment_2411235

    Some people want to see names so that they can lobby dodge if they recognize a player. And someone else said you can check on Steam to see if that person had hacking bans. So if names could stay, but your ping was hidden, would you be okay with the Killer seeing the survivors in the lobby?

    I don't mind the killer being able to see my profile/name//ping, but I think I should be able to check theirs too. I don't care about seeing survivors/items at all.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411240#Comment_2411240

    I don't mind the killer being able to see my profile/name//ping, but I think I should be able to check theirs too. I don't care about seeing survivors/items at all.

    I think that's fair. You used to be able to see the Killer's profile on PS4 (not sure about other platforms).

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410321#Comment_2410321

    I've heard people say they want to be able to see the names so that they can lobby dodge if they recognize a player.

    You do realize steam users can change their name everyday, whenever they want to lol?

    Anyway I meant to vote yes. I voted no by accident.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410390#Comment_2410390

    You do realize steam users can change their name everyday, whenever they want to lol?

    Anyway I meant to vote yes. I voted no by accident.

    I do realize that, even though I am a PS4 player and have never used Steam. I was sharing this commentator's perspective: "On steam I actually do double check people's profiles and use it to dodge in lobby players who have bans for hacking on their profiles."

  • I believe they should in order to change their strategy for the match if needed. However I think all survivor offerings should remain secret to the killer unless it benefits them such as cakes, streamers and map offerings. The same with killers offerings, they should remain secret to survivors.

  • Pretty much what has been said.

    either let everyone see every gamertag (and Ping) or none.

    killer seeing the survs with items is good and should stay that way.

  • Wait what? the Killers CAN see the survs in the lobby o.O

  • As survivor, I have the option to switch characters last minute or tools, etc..

    As killer, I am stuck as that killer the moment I enter the lobby and unable to adjust to last minute changes.

    Also, as 4v1, it's fair for the killer to have a little bit of intel at the start.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410321#Comment_2410321

    This^. Or, make the survivors be able to see the killer's profile (not what killer is actually about to be employed in the trial).

    I don't like that idea, if survivors can see the killers profile its much easier for survivors to stream snipe killers or know what killer a person plays as some players proudly state on their profiles what they main or have a link to their stream, can't imagine that would be fair to those groups

  • defuq

    what ranks you guys voting yes at

    keys are mostly putting a target on your back just like flashlights

    i believe the YES are botted

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    As survivor, I have the option to switch characters last minute or tools, etc..

    As killer, I am stuck as that killer the moment I enter the lobby and unable to adjust to last minute changes.

    Also, as 4v1, it's fair for the killer to have a little bit of intel at the start.

    since when?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Yes. Even tho most chicken out and dodge.

    However, Names and Profiles should be hidden. There is no reason gameplay-wise to show them.

    I use Xbox profiles to gauge roughly whether or not a player has avid experience in the game, therefore tailoring my play to how I can counter that experience. Not that meaningless to have on deck.

  • Killers should definitely be able to determine, if not vaguely, the magnitude of the match that is about to go underway. For Survivors, knowing who the Killer is can be as easy as playing twenty seconds of a trial, and besides, SWFs would be able to abuse this to gain numerous new advantages over the Killer; there is already enough power in SWFs that it sounds awful to have Survivors know exactly who they're going against. That being said, it could be viable for solo queues to get their own separate lobby where the Killer is shown (although that doesn't exactly prevent randoms from hopping on a discord call or a party chat on console and acting like a SWF-minded group anyway)...

  • well an easy fix is just to make it so that once readied you cant change characters like killer, but for survivor.

  • @ryseterion said:

    well an easy fix is just to make it so that once readied you cant change characters like killer, but for survivor.

    That would go over very badly for a lot of survivors. Last minute switching is their only option to try to avoid Franklin's, especially when they're trying to complete challenges that call for them.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413903#Comment_2413903

    That would go over very badly for a lot of survivors. Last minute switching is their only option to try to avoid Franklin's, especially when they're trying to complete challenges that call for them.

    Thats true, but then just make the builds locked too. The point is so that last minute switching to be a bully squad doesnt exist

    1. Killers should be able to see survivors, ranks, and items, not names/profiles.
    2. Survivors should be able to see the killer's rank.
    3. Only at the end of the match names should be revealed to everyone.
  • @ImBrakingBike said:

    1. Killers should be able to see survivors, ranks, and items, not names/profiles.
    2. Survivors should be able to see the killer's rank.
    3. Only at the end of the match names should be revealed to everyone.

    What would you say to the people who want to be able to see names so they can lobby jump in case they recognize someone toxic?

  • It's great how it is, doesn't need a change...

  • @Spyonme said:

    defuq

    what ranks you guys voting yes at

    keys are mostly putting a target on your back just like flashlights

    i believe the YES are botted

    Because the game is asymmetrical and the killer is the 1 vs the 4 survivors. It makes sense for the killer to have more pre-game knowledge than the survivors, because he has to face 4 of them.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2419291#Comment_2419291

    What would you say to the people who want to be able to see names so they can lobby jump in case they recognize someone toxic?

    I'm not sure how it works tbh. Is it possible for every platform to be able to do so? Because if it's only for PC users then it's unfair on the console players. Either everyone can see who they are facing or no one can. I don't mind either way as long as it's fair on every end

    Edit: Same thing applies for both roles. If both sides can see who they face then I guess it's ok. Toxicity is not one sided here. The problem I see with names are the TTV users that give too much information to the other side.

  • Being a 4v1 doesn’t really mean anything because the 4 are absolutely defenseless. I’d understand if Insta-repairs and Insta-heals were still a thing, but they’re not. The killer is given enough advantages as it is. I’m tired of wasting good tools that are supposed to aid me in what little chance I already have to survive.

  • @bm33 said:

    I think that when you ready up to look for a match instead of heading to the pre-game lobby it should just go straight into the match.

    what if i didnt put on an offering and it took me to pre-game lobby before i could?

  • @tuxedoseal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410613#Comment_2410613

    what if i didnt put on an offering and it took me to pre-game lobby before i could?

    Just don't start looking for a match until you have your load out, including offering, ready to go.

  • I'm here for the princess bride reference and that is all

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    I'm here for the princess bride reference and that is all

    👏 👏 👏

    "Yes, you're very smart. Shut up." (couldn't resist haha)

    lol but seriously, I'm happy you got it

  • Items and survivor choice? Yes.

    Names and easy access to their profile on platforms where that's relevant? No.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413463#Comment_2413463

    Because the game is asymmetrical and the killer is the 1 vs the 4 survivors. It makes sense for the killer to have more pre-game knowledge than the survivors, because he has to face 4 of them.

    did you check the stats like ever?