Doctor NEEDS a Nerf
80% of the rage quits I see are Doctor matches. 90% of mine are, too.
They always run Distressing.
It always covers half the map (or the whole map on certain maps).
All he has to do is check lockers if no one's screaming.
Tier 1 Madness messes with the skill checks.
Tier 2 Madness gives way to his crutch add-ons.
The Madness takes forever to get rid of and won't drop even if you're in a locker b/c the Doctor's on the same half of the map as you, pausing the regression.
Comments
No, the doctor does not need a nerf. My offical diagnosis that will help you with this calamity that you are experiencing.
I'll just take Sadonic's advice, and play the Doctor for easy wins all day until they nerf him.
he is not even high tier
Doctor is a midtier Killer. Survivors who DC against him will never learn how to face jik cause they are too cowardly to try and too silly to use their brains. I literally have 0 issues with the Doctor. I have more trouble with Trapper than Doc.
He's also not easy wins. Play him in high rank and you'll get demolished. The reason wins are "easy" for him is because, once more, a majority of survivor mains are absolute trash at the game.
He does not need a nerf, he requires you to play differently. You just need to adapt.
I am saving this. It's too funny not to. I would love to use this as my custom avatar if that becomes a thing here.
OP, Doctor does not need a nerf. He is a mid-tier Killer. It takes seven seconds (nine if the Doctor has the Obedience add-on) to snap out of Madness 3. That is nothing. You thinking his add-ons are crutches just tells me that you can't accept the fact that stealth got harder. And then you complain about skillchecks getting harder? Dude they are extremely easy to hit. This just screams "I am a rank 20 Survivor main" to me. I think you should listen to Doc's diagnosis and get good.
Thanks for keeping the traditions around.
Here's another one you could use at times

The savagery is real.
Tell Jigmac to calm down lmao
Wow... so you admit that you are a leaver and ragequitter?
You complain about player using certain killer and answer that by illegal behavior that is a banable offense.
That's smart...
With that logic, survivor could enforce nerfs on any killer they don't like by just DCing enough.
That's basically blackmailing.
How about killer always just DC when they see you using SC?
Just to enforce a nerf on that perk.
It's no "fun" to play against Sprint Burst... so I just leave every time someone burst away.
Devs please fix. /s
How about we hand out ban to people that dc/ragequit?
Since it seem that they don't want to play the game anyway might aswell show them the door
Openly admitting to bannable offenses should nail you an immediate ban.
Disconnecting from a majority of your matches is a bannable offense. I don't do that. I only disconnect from ~5% of my matches, and 90% of those disconnects are against the Doctor. That doesn't mean that 90% of the time I see the Doctor I quit either.
Let's say I have only played 1,000 matches, 100 of those matches were against the Doctor, and I only quit against him once. Then I could claim that 100% of my rage quits were against the Doctor. That doesn't mean I quit 100% of my games, nor that I quit against 100% of the Doctors I face, nor is it bannable.
I know how to beat the Doctor. He just cramps my stealthy style, and the matches against him take far longer; especially if the others rage quit. The measures I have to take to survive mean I usually black pip, but I guess it's better than losing several pips by disconnecting.
So you know how to deal with him.
So what warrant a nerf against him again?
Because you don't like it?
Basically LOL
Most of the dc's I see are against the Doctor. It's frustrating when half the matches I play in a day are against him (at rank 20-18), and the rank 20 survivors I'm playing with don't care about losing pips because they are already rank 20 and dc. I get swamped and cannot rank up to get away from the low ranks because the Doctor's too annoying for them. That, and I don't use SWF crutches to boost like all the others here saying "git gud."
Avoiding the killer, getting some gens done, and escaping is not enough to gain a pip as survivor. The game doesn't reward stealth enough, and forces survivors to get caught by the killer just to pip. This adds to why survivors get in the killers face, and require "get out of jail free cards" and SWF crutches.
Still doesn't warrant a nerf if anything all those people including you should get the stick for ruining over people game
Anecdotal evidence is really great in a debate.
A bunch of you are big babies so you leave when you dont get what you want.
This is all that is happening.
"nurf him, cus im dcing against him"
Really? I mean, really?
The doctor is made to be annoying. He's not OP at all, you just can't rely on stealth as much when playing against him.
I've never rage quit/dc'd as either killer or survivor even though I've been sorely tempted to, especially when 1-3 others in my group all quit. His problem isn't so much that you can't stealth against him it's that with the terror radius being extended he can just electrode till 3rd stage madness without actually looking for survivors.
Gideon walk down 1/4 of map/middle pretty much nail everyone above and below you. Haddonfield/Springfield is the same and so is Lery's.
Doctor is lower mid tier at best...
I think it's because doctor is fun to play as and i think it's just that A LOT of people play doctor.
The Doctor has the same exact counterplay as the Clown. The Clown gasses a loop? Move to the next one. The Doctor shocks you? Calmly walk to the next nearest loop.
Nevertheless the same is true of the Doctor, just move to the next loop. He has to slow down to switch stances and to shock. Pallets and structures are close enough such that you can safely just move to the next one.
Then all the Doctor accomplished was wasting his own time.
I feel doctor is in a somewhat similar position to Leatherface, he is slowed by certain actions that he shouldn't be slowed by.
Rage quitting against a doc, pathetic
They run distressing because they farm BP, thats the only reason to play doc, you cant play him competitively
Check lockers? lel
Skill checks are easy AF, even if you are mad and the doc runs unnerving, no problem at all
How about instead of ragequitting you learn to play against him? Just saying...
Good. At least you'll see that unless survivors are noob you'll have to sweat to get kills.
I'm not talking about SWF at Rank 1
LIKE IVE BEEN SAYING!!! this game is BLACK AND WHITE. its either completely survivor favored or completely killer favored. THere is VERY little middle ground. SWF destroy doctors(depends on map) but DS, pallet loop, genrush stomps most killers because most cant one shot. So stop ur whining and get good
"I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 4K with the doc"
My Dr. Carter had two such matches yesterday, albeit the first included a single rage quit on the very first hit I got on that player. The last 3 survivors put up one heck of a fight but ultimately fixed the wrong gen, giving me a tight patrol of the final three gens and getting 1 killed. A bit of slug-swapping did finish them after more than 10 minutes of a triangular gen tradeoff. Note that I didn't use Distressing. ...I was using Iridescent King. XD
I see them all the time in the 15-20 rank games. They just use the extended terror radius and roam around doing that. There's been like 4 tonight with docs all aces and 1 where it took us 20 mins to get 1 of the last gens on the map done to power the gates. He just kept roaming back and with electrode spamming going and occasionally smacking us.
After Carefully Looking over the Doctor.
I believe just making "Shock blasts" Radius Distance set capped at a smaller radius then the terror radius. *not making shock blast determined by terror radius at all.
add-ons could just effect the effect of shock blast or the other shock wave ability.
and
Allowing survivors madness to reduce back to level 1 when at level 2
Would help Balance the Game play dynamic between Survivor and Killer.
#deadbydaylight #devs #patchdoctor
Just because you don't have the knowhow to counter a character doesn't make him overpowered. Lack of skill and OP are two different things.