Bad Players Playing Killer

Why are Killers in this game becoming worse at playing? It's like all they do now is Camp, Tunnel, or just Slug Survivors. Like some games, I get in the start and finish before a Generator is even touched, and if one is even being worked on. Now I play both sides Killer and Survivor but, I do play Survivor a bit more and with friends, so an SWF team but, when I do play as Killer I don't do any of that because I know what that feels like as a Survivor but if by chance I do it is because of two things one being that they have been chosen towards the end of the game and I want them to be the one to leave the game by the Exit Gate or two they block my attack to save someone else. I just need to know how come Killers are now being absolute trash at this game than what they use to back when I started playing this game back when they released Stranger Things DLC. 

Comments

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391067#Comment_2391067

    Well if I was actually saying that I probably would have just typed it out myself so no I don't think that's what I'm saying, What I'm actually saying is that I use it more sparingly rather than as my only strategy, and due to it being "conditional" that means its never done without reason or cause and potentially its never done at all but varies depending on the match. The main factor is just playing in response to the survivors since they control the early game but killers control the mid - late game I feel its a good compromise to play in response to how they play, their early objective play decides how they want me to play my objective. This is what I would argue is the fairest way to play while still playing to always win

    This here is actually the perfect killer mindset in my opinion. As a survivor I understand using dirty tactics to regain some control. What I have noticed is they seem to be the immediate go to anymore for alot of killers.

  • @BigKuhfahl said:

    Why are Killers in this game becoming worse at playing? It's like all they do now is Camp, Tunnel, or just Slug Survivors. Like some games, I get in the start and finish before a Generator is even touched, and if one is even being worked on. Now I play both sides Killer and Survivor but, I do play Survivor a bit more and with friends, so an SWF team but, when I do play as Killer I don't do any of that because I know what that feels like as a Survivor but if by chance I do it is because of two things one being that they have been chosen towards the end of the game and I want them to be the one to leave the game by the Exit Gate or two they block my attack to save someone else. I just need to know how come Killers are now being absolute trash at this game than what they use to back when I started playing this game back when they released Stranger Things DLC. 

    What about you? Are you a survivor main?

  • @BigKuhfahl said:

    Why are Killers in this game becoming worse at playing? It's like all they do now is Camp, Tunnel, or just Slug Survivors. Like some games, I get in the start and finish before a Generator is even touched, and if one is even being worked on. Now I play both sides Killer and Survivor but, I do play Survivor a bit more and with friends, so an SWF team but, when I do play as Killer I don't do any of that because I know what that feels like as a Survivor but if by chance I do it is because of two things one being that they have been chosen towards the end of the game and I want them to be the one to leave the game by the Exit Gate or two they block my attack to save someone else. I just need to know how come Killers are now being absolute trash at this game than what they use to back when I started playing this game back when they released Stranger Things DLC. 

    You don't need to be god 5k hr survivor to win the game, 4 solo survivors who know the basics of looping can easily trash a killer

  • There aren't any rules on how someone has to play the game. If you don't like how other people play the game then don't play online games because you don't get to choose how other people should play.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2392092#Comment_2392092

    Some killers are EASIER than other killers is the proper way to say it. Easy, Brain Dead, no skill, etc are the words/phrases I dislike/disagree with and have been pretty vocal about in my time on the forums. Now I play survivor too I dislike being camped and tunneled just like most do but I do at least take the time to look around and investigate whether they are doing it for strategic reasons. Two hooked near each other, multiple gens in area, just some examples where as quite a bit of survivors just cry on the hook and send hate. Quite frankly play your game and relax. In the end it's a video game that people get bent about....Does anyone really expect to tell the other player what to do? With the game that they paid for? NO.

    you’re the one getting in a fit about me calling a killer easy, think you should relax

  • @knight_killer said:

    It's just simply hilarious that people have turned to camping as blight, the highest mobility and most efficient vanilla killer in the game, at 4 gens. People simply don't want to try for more than one kill they'll take it, ruin the game and depip anyways because they don't pressure.

    Killers these days just can't play they don't bother to learn some Videos will help you learn some sites will help you understand the perks but no they don't want to learn they just want to be unfair and cheap but the funny thing is they're not just doing to the Survivors they are doing that to themselves because doing that you won't pip nor you won't safety

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391067#Comment_2391067

    Well if I was actually saying that I probably would have just typed it out myself so no I don't think that's what I'm saying, What I'm actually saying is that I use it more sparingly rather than as my only strategy, and due to it being "conditional" that means its never done without reason or cause and potentially its never done at all but varies depending on the match. The main factor is just playing in response to the survivors since they control the early game but killers control the mid - late game I feel its a good compromise to play in response to how they play, their early objective play decides how they want me to play my objective. This is what I would argue is the fairest way to play while still playing to always win

    Ahhh I get what you mean now that is completely understandable but. it's sad that no one does that or at least Killers that I normally run into because it seems that everyone who is new to the game has been watching YouTubers or Twitch Streamers. That do these cheap and unfair tactics and they get the concept that it the way to play the game and the way I have gotten this information was my last survivor match with a rank 16 where my team blasted him/her and I asked them why did they play like that and they said from videos from someone names Spook N Jukes so I told them to watch someone else like Stalky Boi and RapidMain because they will show you how to play Killer better and after that match, I went to watch Spook N Jukes and a few videos he Flip Flopped where he would Tunnel, Slug, and Camp and other videos he didn't not saying he isn't a bad source to learn from but keep your eyes open for better Creators who will teach you to play better as a Killer

  • Not everyone gonna play the way you want.

  • Becusae killers can't pressure 4 people at the same time. Right now gens go by so fast that with prove thyself I can get at least 2 gens done before the first person is downed. Which is now easier these days. Killers should be allowed to tunnel, camp and slug. Becuase those things slow the survivors progress if that's their playstyle. Also killers shouldn't play by your rules but their own. Make gens take longer to complete and maybe killers will play less like that.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391078#Comment_2391078

    You can't dictate how other people play. I mean, you can come on the forum and demand it all you want, but most of the players you're facing aren't even on the forum to read your posts. Even if they were on the forum, they wouldn't change the way they play just because you asked them to in a very impolite manner.

    If you want change, tell BHVR to change the way their game is structured. It's not good game design that tunneling a survivor out is the best way to slow down gen repair. There are lots of tactics that aren't fun for either side, but the game encourages people to adopt certain playstyles. You're claiming pretty much every killer is playing a certain way, which suggests the problem isn't the players.

    The answer isn't to tell players they're trash because you don't like how they play. The answer isn't to punish people who play in a way you don't find fun. The only way to change players' behavior is to change the game and the tactics required to win.

    I'm simply saying that every Killer as of lately has been trash which is 1000% true and it's not like I'm saying that they need to stop playing the game and more learn to play better. If you Tunnel, Camp, and Slug in any way shape, or form clearly show you haven't learned enough to not do a trash playstyle because in no way is it fun or fair to either side. Which if they keep playing that way and they rank about going up in rank then later down the road it will become a problem for them as a Killer.

    Now to you saying oh Tell BeHavior people have been for quite some time when it started to be a problem in the game and they ignore players who do play Survivor and the ones who Survive with Friends and the fact of the story is this game is completely Killer sided because any and I mean any Killer Main makes a complaint then they do whatever they say and fix or make an update to the game as for an example one of the Devs in a stream talked about how they are planning to remove the Mori Offerings and you will be able to Mori whenever you want to and as a Killer player myself that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard as well as weakening Survivors more by nerfing some of their perks and I also play Survivor as well and that also sounds pretty stupid so I can not trust BeHavior when it comes to fixing anything or adding something to help Survivors and the ones who Survive with Friends.

    Now to your last statement IDK if that is a gab at you guessing how I personally play the game as Survivor or just as a general statement about all Survivors but to clarify about the way I play but I am far from Bad at the game to where I can not lose or loop a Killer because I practiced with many of people who helped me learn the game and how to with my best of my ability to avoid them with Pallets and Windows shot even ways to hug trees and rocks to be able to same myself. The only way 9 times out of 10 when I go down it is because I help my teammates who are being Tunneled, Camped, and Slugged because I find helping my team shows that they will come help me when I do need it which happens a lot

  • @KSzerker said:

    Let me guess, you lose to these "trash" players quite regularly don't you?

    Depends on the time or Day so Yes and No. I live on the East Coast so if it's Mid Day no but at Night Yes like around 11pm-3am time does very

  • I

    @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/268877/bad-players-playing-killer

    Mathematically the game is heavily survivor sided. Holding shift + w, not using any pallets, not using any windows, not using any perks, no looping, no nothing, it will take the killer 47 seconds to down you. Factor in the time it took to find the survivor, picking them up, walking to a hook, and hooking them. You easily add 15-20 seconds, which makes it 62-67 seconds And you probably just lost 3 gens by the time you can even walk to the next survivor even if you knew exactly where they were.. Rinse and repeat.

    At the highest level play, only nurse is viable. Watch any tournament, and if the killer is not nurse, they will heavily camp and tunnel the first survivor because it is the only way to lock in kills.

    The recent tru3talent vs oracle matches made a lot of survivors realize this, so red ranks generally is just shift + w now.

    I have watched plenty of Tournaments and I never see Heavy Camping or Tunneling then again I watch people that are really good at the game like Monto Noob3 and a few others and I never see any of that. So I have no idea who you're watching that does this but they may have their reasons.

    Now to the main thing, you said it seems like if you're not using Perks if I understand this correctly then that seems to be the problem there are Killer perks that slow the game down which then makes gen times longer there are even Killers other than Nurse that can put presser in the game without perks like Doctor, Legion, Sprit so on that help slow the game down so no reason for the heavy anything

    NOTE: If you have links to those matches with tru3talent vs oracle please drop a link so I may watch them Thank You

  • @BigKuhfahl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391106#Comment_2391106

    I'm simply saying that every Killer as of lately has been trash which is 1000% true and it's not like I'm saying that they need to stop playing the game and more learn to play better. If you Tunnel, Camp, and Slug in any way shape, or form clearly show you haven't learned enough to not do a trash playstyle because in no way is it fun or fair to either side. Which if they keep playing that way and they rank about going up in rank then later down the road it will become a problem for them as a Killer.

    Now to you saying oh Tell BeHavior people have been for quite some time when it started to be a problem in the game and they ignore players who do play Survivor and the ones who Survive with Friends and the fact of the story is this game is completely Killer sided because any and I mean any Killer Main makes a complaint then they do whatever they say and fix or make an update to the game as for an example one of the Devs in a stream talked about how they are planning to remove the Mori Offerings and you will be able to Mori whenever you want to and as a Killer player myself that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard as well as weakening Survivors more by nerfing some of their perks and I also play Survivor as well and that also sounds pretty stupid so I can not trust BeHavior when it comes to fixing anything or adding something to help Survivors and the ones who Survive with Friends.

    Now to your last statement IDK if that is a gab at you guessing how I personally play the game as Survivor or just as a general statement about all Survivors but to clarify about the way I play but I am far from Bad at the game to where I can not lose or loop a Killer because I practiced with many of people who helped me learn the game and how to with my best of my ability to avoid them with Pallets and Windows shot even ways to hug trees and rocks to be able to same myself. The only way 9 times out of 10 when I go down it is because I help my teammates who are being Tunneled, Camped, and Slugged because I find helping my team shows that they will come help me when I do need it which happens a lot

    this game is completely Killer sided because any and I mean any Killer Main makes a complaint then they do whatever they say

    If that were true, Blight's collision wouldn't be broken for months, Nurse's blinks wouldn't be broken for years, the hatch wouldn't even exist, Undying would still be in its original form, etc. etc. Your statement is incorrect. The devs try to balance for both sides. I'm not saying they accomplish it, but they certainly don't only listen to one side.

    you will be able to Mori whenever you want

    That wasn't what they said. They said it'd be part of gameplay and be something that killers could work towards without requiring an offering. We don't know how. We don't even know if they'll actually do it, because there are many things they've said they're "working on" which never come back up ever again.

    Hooks are a really stupid and unfun mechanic anyway. A death animation every time with survivors being able to "resurrect" each other would be a lot more fun (other games have that, but we never will). Having to burn an offering just to have a cool kill scene, something that's a staple in horror, makes no sense.

    IDK if that is a gab at you guessing how I personally play the game as Survivor or just as a general statement about all Survivors

    It had nothing to do with survivors. It was a general statement about people on these forums. I see forum posts from both survivors and killers about how they're not having fun in this game. A lot of times, their complaints or suggested solutions come off as vindictive/punishing rather than healthy for the game. You've been calling the people who disagree with you trash at playing killer, which comes off as more frustrated/angry/vindictive than helpful. Nothing I've said has anything to do with your playstyle. It's not pertinent to this discussion. Unless I'm playing survivor with you, how you play really doesn't matter to me.

  • Rofl. More Survivor whining about 'Trash Killers' who somehow get magical kills because 'camping', 'tunneling' and 'slugging' somehow auto-kill Survivors and are never Survivor's faults.

    It's always the same BS; insults and shaming of Killer tactics in an attempt to force rules down their throats that make them play sub-optimally.

    It's always 'bad Killers' and 'scrub tactics' and 'toxic playstyle' in an attempt to shame Killer players into avoiding what Survivors hate. Like 'be happy with the 3K' and 'stop sweating'. But Survivors are allowed to genrush and expect free unhooks and get a 4E all day.

    Hypocrites.


    If Survivors can bang out a gen in under 60 seconds with friends; Killers can camp/confirm a kill. If Survivors are stupid enough to walk towards the Killer and expect a free unhook, then they are at fault when they get hit.

    The Killer deserves to try winning just as much as the Survivors, so deal with it. You don't get to dictate how the other side plays.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391756#Comment_2391756

    You know how it goes. "I never have to tunnel, slug, camp and I still 4k as killer" coming from someone in green or lower ranks, or just plain bullshit. You don't 4k all your games at high rank without AT LEAST the occasional slug, tunnel, camp. Like you mentioned before I as well don't start with none of these tactics I go for the 12 hook and yes there are games where I win using the survivor rule book. You can't do that every game not to mention as I have said in other posts not every killer uses just their main. Truthfully speaking you have no idea if the killer is at his best unless there is something in his profile showing his top killer. For Instance I got the twins ritual last night "chase for 180 or 300 seconds with twins" can quite remember the time but the challenge should say chase with Charlotte because Vik don't count towards the ritual. I had 20 minutes before the new ritual came out and I needed to clear the spot. So I never used vik to get it done in one game. Got a couple to death hook and they barely got out against a killer with no power. Get a message your trash.....I tried to explain what I was doing but they no care and said we would beat you in a custom as well.......Okay now that I want to see (killer my choice, with perks my choice, I'll take those odds) sent him request, got message back "We don't have a fourth sorry" which I responded "That's convenient lmk when you do". Can't tell you how many people I run into who can't think outside their little bubble. When I destroy a killer my team usually starts the "man he sucked speech" which I politely say look at the perks, how he played in trial, it's clear he don't use him/her often if not at all. We should have won. just like OP can't see outside his own SWF, run anti-tunnel, slug, and camp perks that is what they are there for. They won't it's easier to cry when you die.

    Ok I never claimed to say I was in High Ranks as a Killer I bounce between Green and Purple also never claimed that I always get a 4k but when I do and when I don't I personally don't use cheap tactics now a few friends who bounce between Purple and Red also don't use cheap tactics. I've been practicing with High-Rank Killers with Custom games and been taught not to do that because when the game is over you personally feel cheated for the win and that's if I get it also not saying I always win because most of the time I do pick one person to escape the trial. Also, I assume that your High Ranked Purple to High Ranked Red.

    Now in the telling, if a Killer is good or not everyone can tell pretty easily when they use the M1 attack or the killer special attack good killers that I have seen can keep up in a chase doesn't easily fall for pallets or windows same with flashlights, and flashbangs so it's elementary to know who is good or bad. Also to add in Ranks kind of don't mean much of anything but bragging rights which whatever but Ranks are broken and you can get any ranked survivor or killer because of it which then makes it even easier to tell.

    Now you trying to complete something and the Survivors trash talk you because you either didn't know what you're doing then they themselves are garbage and themselves seem to not play Killer and don't plan to do so. Sorry, you had to deal with ignorance with those people not understanding that you were doing something that needed to be completed I know what that feels like which is why I don't normally myself type in end game chat unless I got completely Bodied within mins of the game starts which does happen since some Killers do single out 1 person.

    Now the last thing yes you're right I do see it often when I do play Solo or SWF that my team trash talks the killer and not seeing any Anti-Tunnel, Slug, and Camp perks but in my experience with my more current games that they don't always work its someone does have Decisive Strike if Killers think you have it they will not pick you up and wait it out. Dead Hard works like 60% of the time depending on the map then it's higher. Borrowed time yea you get free hit but if the killer wants you badly enough then there is no point. Unbreakable 90% of the time you're never left on the ground long enough. Adrenaline 50/50 but I don't see it anymore because it's the same as Borrowed Time if they stay around you when you're down. We're Gonna Live Forever great for bloodpoints but that still isn't the best if the killer camps at the end. Soul guard is basically the same as Borrowed Time. Off the record garbage version of Iron Will but the killer not seeing you is good but there are better ways to not have your aura seen. Flip-flop again not on the ground long enough ever. No Mither you're just asking to get bodied from the start USELESS. We'll Make It this one is nice to have as long as the killer doesn't come back to you fast heals are good. Babysitter is an ok perk teammate doesn't leave marks or pools and I can see the killer but he/she can see me too. Tenacity never left on the ground long enough.

    also yes when a Survivor doesn't run at least ones that would help which are a couple of good ones regardless of what I said Survivors shouldn't complain as much about not running at least one of those perks and they need to understand and find the good ones so I do agree with you on that one

    Sorry for that last part being different something bugged and I couldn't bother typing it all again.


  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391796#Comment_2391796

    I don't want OP to think we're bashing on them. We're not, but we always get the "killer is so easy" which it is at gray and green ranks, but the moment you start going it, it changes drastically. I was rank ten at one point and I'm stuck in a limbo of purples and reds.

    I had to sweat hard to do okay, but I can't win at all on Coldwind I hate that map so much, it's so unbalanced.

    What map has a jungle gym close to the killer shack and the slaughter house? That tile spawn was just destined for me to lose

    I feel your pain Coldwind map sucks needs rework lol. Also, I don't think anyone is bashing me it's just words if I reply to someone its to agree with what they say or drop my reasons for what I think about the topic even if it is my own topic if my message sounds rude I don't mean for that to feel like I'm coming off in any way. I try to stick to some form of positive outlook reading each comment even if its someone trying to be negative and I do know everyone has their own opinion but just like everyone else when they make a discussion I like to stand my ground on how I personally feel about especially this one where I do play both sides and understand how each side feels others feel differently and that is fine as well

  • @Emeal said:

    But..  Camp, Tunnel and slugging Survivors is a tool of the Killer, BHVR even said its okay for the Killer to do their worst-

    I don't remember them ever saying that but again I did mention I have been playing since Stranger Things so could have been before I started playing if you could find the Sauce please share it I would like to watch or read what they had to say Thank You

  • @Patrick1088 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/268877/bad-players-playing-killer

    I've accepted that I'll play how I want as killer. Ive been enjoying Devour Hope/Haunted Grounds/Undying/NOED or BBQ. I like to give BPS or cakes since I know they're not getting a lot of BP once they are mori'd.

    Slugging/tunneling will help a person win. You can play to have fun like my build, but its not going to be better lol

    You seem to be a fair enough killer and id be glad to run into you one day

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Taking an L by playing to your standards of Survivor fun is bad advice. Killers play however they like and if gen times only allows them to single out one Survivor, so be it.

    The argument for casual Survivor fun is always made in regards to swf & sweaty plays, but what about the casual killer experience. Not every killer is rank 1 material.

    Guess everyone needs to shut it and get gud.

    When I play Survivor I don't care that you kill me as long as I can do something which seems that in most games when the sweaty Killers are out don't happen I did say that nighttime games are bad but, when I play killer I can take a simple L because as a Killer I do enough to pip and even safety is a win for me

  • I agree - killers who camp, tunnel, and slug are bad at the game, and unfortunately that's most killers. Most survivors are bad at the game too, so it works out really well for the killers. Solo queue is just not fun to play anymore. At all.

  • @Raccoon said:

    Hopefully OP plays against or with a good team sometime before the game's demise.

    Reading through their replies on the topic really demonstrates their ignorance towards high level play.

    I have played what I would classify as Good Teams as a Killer and Survivor

    Killer, I was Clown and they all ran me, oh boy would say 45 mins that was when I was rank 10 at that time granted Ranks then were also broken if I remember correctly 2 people were Red Rank 1 was Purple and I don't remember if the other was Green or Purple since I didn't see him as often in that match I enjoyed myself in that match long game those sat one 1 Gen for a long time

    Survivor, I was with some Streamers all Red Ranks they did their best to keep me alive the Exit Gate opened and that's when I went down I either pipped or double pipped the Killer was a Spirit she was nice I believe she knew I wasn't at their Ranks but fair enough to let me do my best that match was a long time ago maybe around when I first started the game or sometime after

  • @katoptris said:

    Not everyone gonna play the way you want.

    I never said I want them to play the way I want them to or that stupid Survivors Guild for Killers Meme. I just want as a Survivor is for there to be fair games which I do see from time to time but not often also its called common sense to play a game fair I don't care that I get killed I just want to be able to do at least something if I lost the match and it was fair then I move on if it was a piss poor game then bet it gets under my skin especially because of how I was taught to play the game for both sides of the game

  • @BigKuhfahl said:

    I

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391144#Comment_2391144

    I have watched plenty of Tournaments and I never see Heavy Camping or Tunneling then again I watch people that are really good at the game like Monto Noob3 and a few others and I never see any of that. So I have no idea who you're watching that does this but they may have their reasons.

    Now to the main thing, you said it seems like if you're not using Perks if I understand this correctly then that seems to be the problem there are Killer perks that slow the game down which then makes gen times longer there are even Killers other than Nurse that can put presser in the game without perks like Doctor, Legion, Sprit so on that help slow the game down so no reason for the heavy anything

    NOTE: If you have links to those matches with tru3talent vs oracle please drop a link so I may watch them Thank You

    Generally the tournaments that you see like that have created a special subset of rules, or some kind of point system. Like i have seen some do like "Survivors can't repair gens if they are injured" or that there is a kind of point system where the killers get more points for hooks than the do sacrifices, and survivors get points for things like totems, and winning chases, so they are less likely to rush gens so they can get more points.


    The ones that go off of kills/escapes always go that way though.

  • @BigKuhfahl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2393056#Comment_2393056

    I never said I want them to play the way I want them to or that stupid Survivors Guild for Killers Meme. I just want as a Survivor is for there to be fair games which I do see from time to time but not often also its called common sense to play a game fair I don't care that I get killed I just want to be able to do at least something if I lost the match and it was fair then I move on if it was a piss poor game then bet it gets under my skin especially because of how I was taught to play the game for both sides of the game

    How is it unfair to survivors? Of course by "trash" we all know you mean "don't play how I want." but to call a player trash implies they're not good, which would mean the games are unfair for the killers, not unfair for survivors.

  • If they're getting kills, clearly their strategies are working. A player isn't automatically bad when they do something you dislike.

    At high ranks, killer is much harder than survivor too, so a lot of the time, killers are almost forced to camp/tunnel/slug.

  • Idk man I would say they are bad but the amount of time I've had people throw the game because I wanted my 2sd kill is incredible

    Sure they might of not been good but you played that worse

  • @BigKuhfahl said:

    Why are Killers in this game becoming worse at playing? It's like all they do now is Camp, Tunnel, or just Slug Survivors. Like some games, I get in the start and finish before a Generator is even touched, and if one is even being worked on. Now I play both sides Killer and Survivor but, I do play Survivor a bit more and with friends, so an SWF team but, when I do play as Killer I don't do any of that because I know what that feels like as a Survivor but if by chance I do it is because of two things one being that they have been chosen towards the end of the game and I want them to be the one to leave the game by the Exit Gate or two they block my attack to save someone else. I just need to know how come Killers are now being absolute trash at this game than what they use to back when I started playing this game back when they released Stranger Things DLC. 

    So they chase you, which is their role..Camping isn't technically breaking rules, it will give you less points tho. Slugging is an actual tactic

  • I mean...camping is technically a viable strategy if the survivors fall for it. It's a very boring strategy and it means losing out on certain kinds of BP. But if they win they are technically not bad at playing. Plus in a 1v4 scenario making the survivors come to you is technically on the bear face of things a logical thing to do.

  • @BigKuhfahl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391936#Comment_2391936

    I don't remember them ever saying that but again I did mention I have been playing since Stranger Things so could have been before I started playing if you could find the Sauce please share it I would like to watch or read what they had to say Thank You

    https://clips.twitch.tv/PlayfulUninterestedThymeMau5

    Please do the most basic of research.

    The following are not considered bannable offenses – please do not report these: Camping Slugging Tunneling Streamsniping Teabagging Bodyblocking Looping Tapping generators with Ruin   NOTE:  We ...
    2021-07-30_093749.jpg

    Thanks Tom.

  • I don't try as much as I used to anymore. I used to be a killer main back when Freddy came out and over the years I just realized there's no point in trying. The amount of stress that gets build-up is too much, the mental state that you put yourself in after a good hour or 2 of playing nothing but the killer is not healthy at all, and the backlash you have to deal with when that 4 man SWF loses because you had to do some "bad plays" like slugging when there's one gen left but 4 survivors are still alive and only 1 or 2 might be on death hook.

    I read some of your comments and I personally don't believe you've played killer to its full potential. Play killer for 1 month or however long it takes you to get to red rank and you'll see. Not sure if it even makes a difference now because of MMR which is also the reason I don't try at the game so I can just relax with music and get blood points and not care about getting enough points to pip. It could also be that, maybe, most of the good killers probably quit or they started playing so that they could get kills since there was a discussion between Tru3 and Otz about hooks over kills and since not a lot of people like Tru3 they went and did what Otz said which is to just slug/camp or whatever to get kills and that's what people did for a month, straight. I don't know if it was to prove a point but it was boring and that was around the time I stopped playing DBD again. Overall, I probably quit this game about 5 times because solo queue sucks, and playing a killer isn't any better now that they nerfed the good ones. I used to main Trapper all the time, Trapper was BAE, fam. When I wanted to try I would just play Nurse which is also not the same now that I have to wait for the stupid blink timer to refill but at least she is still viable.

  • @BigKuhfahl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2393056#Comment_2393056

    I never said I want them to play the way I want them to or that stupid Survivors Guild for Killers Meme. I just want as a Survivor is for there to be fair games which I do see from time to time but not often also its called common sense to play a game fair I don't care that I get killed I just want to be able to do at least something if I lost the match and it was fair then I move on if it was a piss poor game then bet it gets under my skin especially because of how I was taught to play the game for both sides of the game

    Everything is fair except hacking or exploits.

  • @BigKuhfahl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388393#Comment_2388393

    Sorry I have to say you're completely wrong. Anyone who Camps, Tunnels, Slugs can't play the game and you need to learn to take an L. Stop with the garbage plays again I also play Killer but as I said I don't play this way and I end up double pipping or almost double pipping.

    You're playing easy mode. But I already saw that you don't believe that and refuse to hear it, so that's all I'll say about it.

  • @BigKuhfahl said:

    Why are Killers in this game becoming worse at playing? It's like all they do now is Camp, Tunnel, or just Slug Survivors. Like some games, I get in the start and finish before a Generator is even touched, and if one is even being worked on. Now I play both sides Killer and Survivor but, I do play Survivor a bit more and with friends, so an SWF team but, when I do play as Killer I don't do any of that because I know what that feels like as a Survivor but if by chance I do it is because of two things one being that they have been chosen towards the end of the game and I want them to be the one to leave the game by the Exit Gate or two they block my attack to save someone else. I just need to know how come Killers are now being absolute trash at this game than what they use to back when I started playing this game back when they released Stranger Things DLC. 

    Killers haven't gotten worse, they have become more efficient, just like Survivors

  • The problem OP, is that many of those killers who do Camp haven't played survivor at all.

    So the reason why you don't do it, is because you've played survivor and know how cheap it feels. Many of these killers who camp wouldn't know the first thing about what it means on the survivor side because they simply don't play that side.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    The problem OP, is that many of those killers who do Camp haven't played survivor at all.

    So the reason why you don't do it, is because you've played survivor and know how cheap it feels. Many of these killers who camp wouldn't know the first thing about what it means on the survivor side because they simply don't play that side.

    I don't think it's fair to say most Killer players haven't played Survivor. I played both(enjoy killer more tho) and I don't care about tunneling/camping/slugging since they're fair just like genrushing

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394649#Comment_2394649

    I don't think it's fair to say most Killer players haven't played Survivor. I played both(enjoy killer more tho) and I don't care about tunneling/camping/slugging since they're fair just like genrushing

    @ThatOneDemoPlayer

    I didn't say most, I said many. Many of which frequent these forums.

  • The camping has gotten pretty bad as of late, I can attest the that. The worst experience I've had in the past week was a wraith who cloaked right in front of the hook. and since the animation priority is to show your character screaming I didn't see it. and no terror radius means a random person would have no clue. and sure enough as soon as I got off the hook un cloak hit. It was sad, that's even worse then when a bubba face camps. Just because people can't see you doesn't mean you're not doing it.


    The other issue can be that some survivors don't understand what tunneling actually is. I got told off by an 11 year old on playstation because I apparently tunneled her, her friends and her mom. but in reality all I was after was the crown on blight, A killer I never play and had no perks on. If I had I would have gotten adept and that was annoying because the game reset my perks to zero thanks to the tutorials I did for blood points.


    the one survivor already had a crown on their head, they were all running borrowed time. I only headed back to a hook after I got the notification that someone came off. I never saw them come off. I'd swing at who I saw and of course they had borrowed time so I'd let them run and go after the other person with them; borrowed time activates no matter where the killer is now. I got a 3K because someone DC'd on hook because they were mad they were on death hook too.


    If someone is playing killer and they're able to get all iridescent emblems at the end of the game, they were not tunneling and camping you.

  • Interestingly those strategies are the ones that require more skill from survivors to be solved.

    So why would a Killer need to choose a more skillfull playstyle when the opposite side is equally annoyed by having to?

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    The problem OP, is that many of those killers who do Camp haven't played survivor at all.

    So the reason why you don't do it, is because you've played survivor and know how cheap it feels. Many of these killers who camp wouldn't know the first thing about what it means on the survivor side because they simply don't play that side.

    Been camp and I camp. Everything fair except hacking and exploit.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    Rofl. More Survivor whining about 'Trash Killers' who somehow get magical kills because 'camping', 'tunneling' and 'slugging' somehow auto-kill Survivors and are never Survivor's faults.

    It's always the same BS; insults and shaming of Killer tactics in an attempt to force rules down their throats that make them play sub-optimally.

    It's always 'bad Killers' and 'scrub tactics' and 'toxic playstyle' in an attempt to shame Killer players into avoiding what Survivors hate. Like 'be happy with the 3K' and 'stop sweating'. But Survivors are allowed to genrush and expect free unhooks and get a 4E all day.

    Hypocrites.

    If Survivors can bang out a gen in under 60 seconds with friends; Killers can camp/confirm a kill. If Survivors are stupid enough to walk towards the Killer and expect a free unhook, then they are at fault when they get hit.

    The Killer deserves to try winning just as much as the Survivors, so deal with it. You don't get to dictate how the other side plays.

    So you're saying that the Face Camping Huntress that I just went against is 100% ok to get confirm kills because if so then hate to say that is a trashy playstyle that ended screwing them over in the end after they complained about why they depipped as back to rank 12 because they thought that how they played was a good strategy in the game which sorry to say it is not

    Also, love how I have talked about playing both sides multiple times, and seems that most people ignore that and only focus on the point of when I played Survivor but its cool LMAO

  • @BigKuhfahl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2391055#Comment_2391055

    Then learn and get better at the game just like them watch youtube videos on how to play without having to use those cheap tactics because at that point no one is having any fun but with the fact of me playing with friends and using comms doesn't mean that we are talking tactics we don't even really say who the killer because we know what the sounds are that they make and can make out who it is without any issues so if you're playing the game like garbage then again either learn or don't play killer

    PlAy HoW I Want YoU tO

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    The problem OP, is that many of those killers who do Camp haven't played survivor at all.

    So the reason why you don't do it, is because you've played survivor and know how cheap it feels. Many of these killers who camp wouldn't know the first thing about what it means on the survivor side because they simply don't play that side.

    You're 100% correct and I bet that most of the people that have come to this forum are people who only play Killer or Rarely play Survivor because of the Rift so they don't fully understand some of the things some Survivors if not all have to deal with. Like some who see a KEY OMG A KEY they oh boy the sweat just drips off their necks because of it flashlights have the same rule applied but not as much as lately but it is there and it is a problem. When I see a KEY I don't lose my mind over it I see who it is clearly and I can deal with them when I see them but it doesn't mean to get rid of him as soon as the game starts to go ahead and Tunneling Camping and Slugging them down hook leave if he heals then ok I don't go out of my way to down them because of a KEY.

  • @BigKuhfahl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2393198#Comment_2393198

    So you're saying that the Face Camping Huntress that I just went against is 100% ok to get confirm kills because if so then hate to say that is a trashy playstyle that ended screwing them over in the end after they complained about why they depipped as back to rank 12 because they thought that how they played was a good strategy in the game which sorry to say it is not

    Also, love how I have talked about playing both sides multiple times, and seems that most people ignore that and only focus on the point of when I played Survivor but its cool LMAO

    JFC. How often do I need to say it?

    Camping punishes itself by giving the Killer 1 or maybe 2 kills (if Survivors play badly). This is all the 'punishment' it needs.

    That Huntress got her 'punishment' when she depipped, as she should. I never ######### said camping should give Killers a 4K or anything.

    The Huntress camped, Survivors did gens, Huntress depipped. As it should be.


    But if Survivors swarmed the hook & the camp turned into a 3-4K? ALSO HOW IT SHOULD BE.

    Survivors would have fed the camper, and the camper would have had an easy game. But it would have been the Survivor's fault for playing badly.

    The problem being; Survivors will swarm a hook 0.05 seconds after a Killer hooks someone, then screech that they 'camped'.

    Or the Killer will legit camp, and 2 Survivors will start circling the hook like morons, the Killer will down them for BEING morons, and they will scream onto these forums with how 'camping needs a punishment!' because they can't comprehend that they fed the Killer. No, it's never their fault; the Killer CAMPED and MADE THEM go for the unhook!


    But what you described is EXACTLY HOW IT SHOULD BE. Because if Survivors do gens, and the Killer depips? THEY WILL STOP CAMPING.

    Killers only keep camping because Survivors feed them, then scream how it's not their fault, and camping is 'OP' and somehow magically teleports them to the Killer for downs. And how the Killer can somehow camp NoED AND the hook at the same time because <vague reasons>.


    But Killers getting 1 kill & depipping? That's literally all the 'punishment' there needs to be. All this bullshit about making the Killer blind, or slowing him down, or preventing attacks, or stealing his BP, or teleporting him away from the hook, or teleporting the hook; It's all petty garbage, or it's abuseable or otherwise will screw over the Killer in the end game.

    I mean, imagine hooking someone, and the hook randomly teleports in front of the open exit gate, or across the map as a 110ms Killer.

    Or imagine Survivors running you around the hook, so you lose BP. Or running you around until you go blind, or can't attack, and then they get a free save. Or the hook progress freezes (already tried; not coming back.).


    That is why I'm against 'punishments' past the built-in depipping and lack of kills (If Survivors stop being greedy for unhooks); because it's either abuseable, broken trash, or pure 'Screw you' spite towards the Killer. NONE of it is balanced. You think the devs have not spent the last 3+ years (at least) thinking of and discarding various 'anti-camping' methods? Do you really think they just said 'all's good' and stopped?

    I would bet money (If I was not a broke joke) that they have tossed around every idea seen on these forums, and probably a few more besides. If they had figured out a way to fix camping without screwing over either side immensely; they would have thrown it on the PTB by now. Like they tried with the 'struggle timer does not move' idea that was once, literally, in the game, and was abused to high hell by Survivors.

  • @Rescultir said:

    I don't try as much as I used to anymore. I used to be a killer main back when Freddy came out and over the years I just realized there's no point in trying. The amount of stress that gets build-up is too much, the mental state that you put yourself in after a good hour or 2 of playing nothing but the killer is not healthy at all, and the backlash you have to deal with when that 4 man SWF loses because you had to do some "bad plays" like slugging when there's one gen left but 4 survivors are still alive and only 1 or 2 might be on death hook.

    I read some of your comments and I personally don't believe you've played killer to its full potential. Play killer for 1 month or however long it takes you to get to red rank and you'll see. Not sure if it even makes a difference now because of MMR which is also the reason I don't try at the game so I can just relax with music and get blood points and not care about getting enough points to pip. It could also be that, maybe, most of the good killers probably quit or they started playing so that they could get kills since there was a discussion between Tru3 and Otz about hooks over kills and since not a lot of people like Tru3 they went and did what Otz said which is to just slug/camp or whatever to get kills and that's what people did for a month, straight. I don't know if it was to prove a point but it was boring and that was around the time I stopped playing DBD again. Overall, I probably quit this game about 5 times because solo queue sucks, and playing a killer isn't any better now that they nerfed the good ones. I used to main Trapper all the time, Trapper was BAE, fam. When I wanted to try I would just play Nurse which is also not the same now that I have to wait for the stupid blink timer to refill but at least she is still viable.

    I'm not going to lie to you I don't push myself into using a Killers full potential and I probably won't I know what it's like in red ranks, not through my account if I'm going to keep it 100 with you I used my cousins account when I was visiting family that man was Rank 1 for both Survivor and Killer tired both sides and dropped him to rank 2 almost rank 3 so I felt bad and got off the game I'm comfortable with Purple ranks because that's when it starts to get bad IMO but I am able to stay afloat around there but I am also fine with being in Green Ranks.

1 2 ›