I have reported a thousand people for unsportsmanlike and nothing happens to them

I don't get it I have to reported over the years probably a thousand people for unsportsmanlike and nothing happens to them please ban people.Scott jundsaid something about auto ban and that never happened if I block someone I still have to play against them why.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Are you literally just reporting people and then keeping track of the reports so you can check if they received any punishment? That doesn't sound like healthy behavior to me.

  • And what unsportsmanlike conduct did they do? Maybe you just reported them because you got mad at them?

    That will, indeed, not do much. If it's not against the rules.

  • What did you report them for, exactly? Did you follow up with recordings?

    Auto-ban was referenced in a developer stream, it hasn't been implemented.

    Blocking doesn't do anything to the matchmaker. There's no such feature in any game that I know of.

  • If you've supposedly faced over one thousand people who you think need to be reported for 'unsportsmanlike behaviour', then maybe the problem isn't them.

  • Two things:

    1. Some actions that u think are reportable, might not be.
    2. You will not be told if the person got punished.

    Auto-ban is a feature that will come in the future.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    If you've supposedly faced over one thousand people who you think need to be reported for 'unsportsmanlike behaviour', then maybe the problem isn't them.

    The average DBD player is extremely unsportsmanlike

  • There are better ways to waste your time. Sure some players deserve it but since we have no idea how they check reports and follow up on them as well as how many reports does it take for a response from their side to happen. Your better off to either stop playing the game or derank yourself so you hopefully never see them again. Why do you feel the need to report so many players if I may ask a 1000 is a lot of players I wonder if you got muted from their player satisfaction department due to too many reports happening without any proof.

  • without giving a recored proof devs can't just trust on you and ban people that's not right.I report people as well just wishing maybe they see someone being reported to much and do smt about it but indeed ı know it is never gonna happen

  • You can read what actually falls under reportable/bannable offenses here:

    @not_Queen said:

    Please remember that Dead by Daylight’s end user license agreement which can be found on https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula (the “EULA”) governs your participation and use of the game and its associated upgrades, patches, and updates and related services. In case of conflict between the EULA and this page, the EULA will prevail.

    Hello, good people of the fog!

    We now have a team Associate Community Managers, as well as an updated in-game report system.
    With your help, we will be able to find the players who are creating a bad game experience and punish them appropriately, making the game a better place.

    HOW TO REPORT A PLAYER

    You may only report things that happen directly to you or in a game that you were in.
    Reporting for other people is not allowed and these reports will be discarded.
    (ie. Reporting someone on behalf of a friend, streamer, or other)

    Fill the In-game report

    An In-game report MUST be made. This is not optional, and is a must to help us identify the person in your game as well as find any other evidence we need.

    Customer Support ticket?

    • Video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses, please refer to the lists below.
    • Whilst you can report offenses directly to our support, please only do so for serious offenses like cheating, hacking, DOX/death threats.

    Discarded reports reasons

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping

    NOTE:
    We do not control anything that happens outside of Dead by Daylight.
    This includes private Steam messages/groups/names, PS4/XBOX messages, Discord messages, Twitch/social media interactions, etc. Anything that occurs on these platforms must be reported to the respective authorities.

    PERMANENT BANS

    List of bannable offenses

    Hacking in-game exclusives and / or legacy skins

    The acquiring of any in-game skin through anything other than official channels (ie. codes, giveaways, etc.)
    The possession of legacy skins without earning them. The cutoff to earn legacy skins happened on November 24, 2016. If a player has obtained legacy skins after this date, then it is considered cheating.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Cheated progress / modifying your save file

    We need the profile of the person you are reporting. Reportable via support team.
    Using any 3rd party software or other method to cheat your save file or any measure of progress contained within your save file. This includes using someone else’s save file.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Threats

    Excessive and serious threats against someone, including DOX threats, life threats, disclosing private information, etc.
    You can fill a support ticket to provide more information, Screenshots and video are optional, but highly recommended.
    Reminder: everything that happens out of the game should be reported to the appropriate platform. (ie: Twitch, Discord, Steam, Sony, Microsoft)
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Other Hacks

    In-game report under Unsportsmanlike is MANDATORY
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage that wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. We are not banning for the use of communication apps.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    TEMPORARY BAN

    List of bannable offenses

    24h -> 48h -> 1w -> Permanent

    This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process.

    Any previous permanent bans on your record will result in all future offenses being a permanent ban.

    Harassment: Communications Abuse

    • Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Exploits: Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage

    • Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Specific exploits that we will ban for until they are resolved:

    • Bloodweb Progress/Prestige Exploit
    • 2+ Killer Exploits

    Unsportsmanlike Conduct

    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT
      For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    About Disconnects bans - DO NOT REPORT

    Disconnects are handled by the disconnection penalty system. No further action will be taken on reports.

    BAN APPEALS

    Cannot be appealed

    • Temporary bans
    • Social Media bans/blocks (Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
    • Unofficial Fan sites / Fan groups

    Forum bans: APPEALS

    Please check this link.
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/140-ban-appeals

    Permanent bans : APPEALS

    Send a Ticket to support.deadbydaylight.com
    If the ban is an automated EAC ban, please contact EAC directly. https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/appeal/

    Console bans

    The rules are the same as the PC bans

    Crossplatform ban evasion

    Players who have violated our rules multiple times leading to permanent bans could get their access revoked on any accounts they make if the player is seen committing bannable offenses after the very first permanent ban. The structure and severity of these bans are followed throughout any platform.

    Abuse of Support Services

    This includes making false support tickets and lying to support agents. Our agents are always here to help the community. However, those making false tickets just to get a step ahead of everyone else and take advantage hinders our ability to better help everyone. Penalties include suspension of your support services, up to a permanent ban of your in-game account.


    keep in mind in almost all cases (except for in-game chat harassment) you need to also make an additional player report with proof in form of video clips so that any action can be made.


    and as what’s said before, the blocking feature doesn’t stop the matchmaking for you to get matched against blocked players, but they will not be able to make in-game friend requests to you

  • Tunneling and camping is literally unsportsmanlike.

    @Bluerry said:

    without giving a recored proof devs can't just trust on you and ban people that's not right.I report people as well just wishing maybe they see someone being reported to much and do smt about it but indeed ı know it is never gonna happen

    I agree if I don't want to play against some one I should not have to.

  • @freightrider said:

    Tunneling and camping is literally unsportsmanlike.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384526#Comment_2384526

    I agree if I don't want to play against some one I should not have to.

    Tunneling and camping are literally intended game mechanics.


    keep in mind that false reports like this may actually result in a ban for you.

  • @Crowman said:

    Are you literally just reporting people and then keeping track of the reports so you can check if they received any punishment? That doesn't sound like healthy behavior to me.

    No I report hard tunneling and red rank campers.wich they should be banned.

  • No it's not. It sucks when you're on the receiving end of it, but tunneling and camping IS NOT a bannable offense.

    So I now know why your reports do nothing, since it's NOT against the rules.

  • @freightrider said:

    Tunneling and camping is literally unsportsmanlike.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384526#Comment_2384526

    I agree if I don't want to play against some one I should not have to.

    Tunneling and camping is literally unsportsmanlike.

    Only if individuals do it to you repeatedly, in which case it's griefing. Otherwise, it's not reportable.

    I agree if I don't want to play against some one I should not have to.

    Unless you're playing a custom match, that's never going to happen.

  • The report feature is totally useless b/c BHVR doesn't review them. When they do they demand video which means any console players are just sol b/c we can't submit video or type comments in the report. You would think at least for those platforms where they can provide the detail BHVR would review their internal DB logs of the match in question. But who knows what goes on. I get the impression they have like 2 people working that department part time. It isn't worth the resource investment to the devs no matter how horrible an entire block of the community is.

  • @freightrider said:

    Tunneling and camping is literally unsportsmanlike.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384526#Comment_2384526

    I agree if I don't want to play against some one I should not have to.

    if u are reporting someone due to camp or tunnel that's even with proof not gonna do anything pal devs consider it as a tactic and yeah maybe it is but a ######### one that kills the fun

  • @freightrider said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384497#Comment_2384497

    No I report hard tunneling and red rank campers.wich they should be banned.

    That's not reportable and no, they shouldn't be. Just because you don't like a strategy doesn't mean it's reportable.

  • There's only two reportable instances underneath the unsportsmanlike category, which is botting (AFKing with a Macro to play the game) and lag switching.

    I highly doubt OP has faced over a thousand players doing one of these two things.

    @freightrider said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384497#Comment_2384497

    No I report hard tunneling and red rank campers.wich they should be banned.

    Neither is reportable, nor should they be. People aren't going to be banned for having a playstyle that you don't like.

    Grow up.

  • @The_C12H15NO2 said:

    The report feature is totally useless b/c BHVR doesn't review them. When they do they demand video which means any console players are just sol b/c we can't submit video or type comments in the report. You would think at least for those platforms where they can provide the detail BHVR would review their internal DB logs of the match in question. But who knows what goes on. I get the impression they have like 2 people working that department part time. It isn't worth the resource investment to the devs no matter how horrible an entire block of the community is.

    The report feature is totally useless b/c BHVR doesn't review them.

    100% false.

  • Ya tunneling is not banable i always tunnel key and flashlight players and make sure they die its part of the game and ill usually loose you the game but man its annoying to be on the recieving end.

  • I report people for hacking save files, racism, and straight up cheats. I mean, in game and a support ticket. feels like its always never dealt with, bc I still see them playing or they family share/get a new copy. pain.

  • @Bluerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384536#Comment_2384536

    if u are reporting someone due to camp or tunnel that's even with proof not gonna do anything pal devs consider it as a tactic and yeah maybe it is but a ######### one that kills the fun

    Something needs done if your ref ranks and need to camp you should be banned for at least 72 hours

  • Now your topic is just getting bait at this point, no need to argue with this man/woman/whateverpronouncetheywant.

  • What @Mooks quoted makes me wondering something.

    It's written that tunneling isn't reportable, but "targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience" is bannable.

    I'm not saying tunneling should be a bannable offense, as it seems to be a valid strategy. Not one we like to do/to face, but not bannable.

    So, what "targeting repeatedly" means? How do we know if the Killer tunneled because they felt it was the only way for them to secure a kill or if they tunneled to ruin someone's game experience?

    I'm talking about tunneling and Killer's gameplay, but I don't excluse the bannable offense being something a Survivor can do, but I have to admit I have no examples to provide... Following the Killer while clicking a flashlight? Following a teammate and being an annoyance (being on the way when they are chased...)?

  • This was pretty.... childish..

  • @freightrider said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2384497#Comment_2384497

    No I report hard tunneling and red rank campers.wich they should be banned.

    That's not an answer to the question I asked.

    but hey I guess if you have nothing better to do then to keep a spreadsheet of everyone you reported so you can complain that non-bannable behavior isn't getting banned, more power to you.

  • Are you mass reporting people you dont like and stalking their profiles? Lmao why?

  • @TheMadCat said:

    What @Mooks quoted makes me wondering something.

    It's written that tunneling isn't reportable, but "targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience" is bannable.

    I'm not saying tunneling should be a bannable offense, as it seems to be a valid strategy. Not one we like to do/to face, but not bannable.

    So, what "targeting repeatedly" means? How do we know if the Killer tunneled because they felt it was the only way for them to secure a kill or if they tunneled to ruin someone's game experience?

    I'm talking about tunneling and Killer's gameplay, but I don't excluse the bannable offense being something a Survivor can do, but I have to admit I have no examples to provide... Following the Killer while clicking a flashlight? Following a teammate and being an annoyance (being on the way when they are chased...)?

    You would have to prove that the killer is specifically targeting you over multiple games.

  • @TheMadCat said:

    What @Mooks quoted makes me wondering something.

    It's written that tunneling isn't reportable, but "targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience" is bannable.

    I'm not saying tunneling should be a bannable offense, as it seems to be a valid strategy. Not one we like to do/to face, but not bannable.

    So, what "targeting repeatedly" means? How do we know if the Killer tunneled because they felt it was the only way for them to secure a kill or if they tunneled to ruin someone's game experience?

    I'm talking about tunneling and Killer's gameplay, but I don't excluse the bannable offense being something a Survivor can do, but I have to admit I have no examples to provide... Following the Killer while clicking a flashlight? Following a teammate and being an annoyance (being on the way when they are chased...)?

    It has to be tunneling that specific survivor over the course of multiple matches and the killer has to ignore other survivors while doing that. All of this has to be proven with clips.

    the thing is that it may just be the normal strategy of the killer to tunnel someone out while ignoring others, that’s why it has to be dealt with for every case on its own and with proof…

  • It HAS to be a bait

  • @TheMadCat said:

    What @Mooks quoted makes me wondering something.

    It's written that tunneling isn't reportable, but "targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience" is bannable.

    I'm not saying tunneling should be a bannable offense, as it seems to be a valid strategy. Not one we like to do/to face, but not bannable.

    So, what "targeting repeatedly" means? How do we know if the Killer tunneled because they felt it was the only way for them to secure a kill or if they tunneled to ruin someone's game experience?

    I'm talking about tunneling and Killer's gameplay, but I don't excluse the bannable offense being something a Survivor can do, but I have to admit I have no examples to provide... Following the Killer while clicking a flashlight? Following a teammate and being an annoyance (being on the way when they are chased...)?

    What I think it means, if a specific killer (person A) ALWAYS goes for person B, and only person B and every round person A gets person B in his match. Persons C/D/E are not getting tunneled or camped, only person B.

    That's considered griefing.


    If the killer tunnels and camps person B/C/D/E no matter what, every round, and that's just his playstyle, I don't think that will be considered griefing since he's doing it to everyone.

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    Now your topic is just getting bait at this point, no need to argue with this man/woman/whateverpronouncetheywant.

    Could have just written person? Or troll?

    but otherwise I agree, there is no way this in not bait

  • Camping and tunneling are not against the rules, I suggest you to read the game rules that you can find here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

    Also as others already mentioned, the block feature is not to block people from versing you, but it blocks all the communications between you and the person you block.

    For anything else that actually breaks the rules (besides verbal abuse that only requires in-game reporting) you need to follow up your report with a ticket on the Support website (https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) giving all the required information and video evidence of the match.

    So please inform yourself and avoid reporting people for things that don't break any rule, it's counterproductive, it wastes your time and the ACMs time.