So is the whole chapter gonna go by without the map?

Still can't use my RPD offerings...still waiting...still not update?

Comments

  • @gammatsunami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2368379#Comment_2368379

    Im sick of this. I have played re2 remake twice, and re3 remake twice.

    I dont care how good you are at the map its a bad map. The silent hill map you could see getting better with practice.

    All they have done with RE map is literally copy and paste the GAME.

    I shouldnt have to practice an entire game to learn a map thats just bad design. It should have been split in half, upper and lower level. Or indoor outdoor. No amount of practice will take away the fact its a bad map.

    The entire reason the game is structured like that is to escape mr x

    It's supposed to be like that? Is that hard to grasp? They made it like that on purpose. Play.On.It

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2363950#Comment_2363950

    I've gotten it a few times randomly but i wanna force go there lmao, i like it! i know the map mostly from RE:2

    They aren't currently letting people force the map because of the large amount of performance issues being reported with that map. Maybe it will change with the update on the 27th.

    RPD is a pretty looking map, but a lot of it is is too dark to see anything. That on top of frame drops, audio issues, weird invisible geometry moments and couple of infinites sprinkled in. She needs a looking at.

  • @Fnatic47 said:

    Its amazing how people love to complain about RPD map... I mean i heared everything like the map huge, the map is garbage, the map is this and that etc etc.. Those people are such a crying babys honestly. People the map is great, i played RE 2 and 3 Remake so the map is not confused to me or for those who is actually are a fan of Resident Evil games/movies. If you guys don t like the map just don t play it got dammit... People who are not fan or even if you didn t played RE Remakes or the old ones, you guys don t even have the Audacity to complain about the map because you guys didn t played or atleast didn t tryed to explore the map a little bit.. Sorry if i was a little rude but this kind of people just pissed me of...

    I've played RE2 Remake and I still hate the map in DBD. Think about it this way: How long are you in RPD during RE2? The map is designed for you to fight zombies, lickers, Mr. X. To do puzzles and unlock rooms. Even to leave the area and come back multiple times. All great in the realm of RE. For a game like DBD....not so much. You have 4 survivors and one killer. Just one. It's like you start at a random place once you boot up RE2 and Mr. X comes bashing through the main hallway with zero time to learn anything. The map is way too big, way to small in corridor size, it's dark in some places. Its too much. They should have just split the map in two versions and went from there. You have the library side and the helicopter side. That would have made it better imo.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2363961#Comment_2363961

    They aren't currently letting people force the map because of the large amount of performance issues being reported with that map. Maybe it will change with the update on the 27th.

    RPD is a pretty looking map, but a lot of it is is too dark to see anything. That on top of frame drops, audio issues, weird invisible geometry moments and couple of infinites sprinkled in. She needs a looking at.

    as long as they don't change the core design of it i wouldn't care. I like they made it the way it is, hopefully being licensed like Haddonfield it will stay

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370210#Comment_2370210

    It's supposed to be like that? Is that hard to grasp? They made it like that on purpose. Play.On.It

    They didnt make #########, they copied and pasted an entire game into theirs and called it a map.

    I refuse to play it. No amount of practice on it will make it good.


    I am noticing a lot of superiority complex from resident evil fans. I have seen so much "oh I have played RE2 so its not confusing to me "

    Ive played them too, I know the layout of the map. Its a ######### map for dbd.

  • @daggersnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364708#Comment_2364708

    I've played RE2 Remake and I still hate the map in DBD. Think about it this way: How long are you in RPD during RE2? The map is designed for you to fight zombies, lickers, Mr. X. To do puzzles and unlock rooms. Even to leave the area and come back multiple times. All great in the realm of RE. For a game like DBD....not so much. You have 4 survivors and one killer. Just one. It's like you start at a random place once you boot up RE2 and Mr. X comes bashing through the main hallway with zero time to learn anything. The map is way too big, way to small in corridor size, it's dark in some places. Its too much. They should have just split the map in two versions and went from there. You have the library side and the helicopter side. That would have made it better imo.

    I had to check this wasnt my point.

    My point exactly. An indoor and also a outdoor map would be nice

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369816#Comment_2369816

    You can't disagree with facts, it's been timed. It takes just as long to traverse from one side to the other, and it's two floors.

    And yes, I would like there to be some indication of where the gens are. Outdoor maps have the giant pole, every other Idoor map has the flickering lights/signs or closed doors. As far as I can tell, RCPD is the only map in the entire game that has zero indication. You just sort of stumble on them or hear someone else working on them through the walls.

    It was timed from one side of the top floor through one side of the bottom floor, the layout and travel time varies depending on the route you take. It was also timed on a single axis. Mother's Dwelling is a square, RPD is a rectangle; RPD doesn't take nearly the same amount of time to travel along the vertical axis. Gen positioning and accessibility also come into play.


    That video was a flawed demonstration.

  • @gammatsunami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2371872#Comment_2371872

    They didnt make #########, they copied and pasted an entire game into theirs and called it a map.

    I refuse to play it. No amount of practice on it will make it good.

    I am noticing a lot of superiority complex from resident evil fans. I have seen so much "oh I have played RE2 so its not confusing to me "

    Ive played them too, I know the layout of the map. Its a ######### map for dbd.

    I've gotten killer and done fine a few times on the randoms you land on it. People would argue The game or Haddonfield is still worse, atleast i do

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's a blessing. The map....isn't good.

    Also near every other chapter that has a new map, survivor mains say "it's not good" cuz they didn't insta win and it's easily set up for them to to do really obnoxious loops. RPD is Vastly different from all the maps

  • I hope so, I never want to see that map, this map doesnt fit in Dbd and it just feels awfull to play on it as Killer, as survvor it is decent though.

    But still you cant bring out a map in favor for just 1 side, this map should be disabled forever in public and should be a private lobby only map.

  • I just want my 100% achievements again, the RPD one is the only one I'm missing. Currently it's very rare to be sent there, and the offering is disabled. Can't wait for it to be activated again so I can get that last achievement!

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    Unfortunately it seems that way. A lot of these RPD complaints would likely go away if it showed up because people would be able to learn the map.

    Idk about that one chief, I've gotten it twice as killer and 3 times as survivor (lucky me) and I still hate it deeply.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Haven't played it yet, but a whole lot of the reworked daylight corn maps. Seriously dislike these maps now, mainly due to frequency, but also not a fan of the day aspect combined with corn. Corn sucks, bright corn sucks more.

    Can I ask what your specific problem is with the corn map?


    I'm curious because I always read about people hating it, but for me it's soo fun. I love that it's different and unique (Bright).

  • Who knows, thought it was pretty dumb to have us test it at a low rate instead of let us use it to test.

  • @DrStone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364154#Comment_2364154

    Can I ask what your specific problem is with the corn map?

    I'm curious because I always read about people hating it, but for me it's soo fun. I love that it's different and unique (Bright).

    Mainly just the corn itself, it blocks a majority of powers even when Survivors are visible and looks horrible at point blank on console. Adding the daylight, the corn and brown background just blend into a dirt shaded blur.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364115#Comment_2364115

    Well,Haddonfield at least isn't 2 Mother's Dwellings stacked on top of each other.

    RPD is just terrible because it's HUGE and an indoor map,meaning a TON of killer powers are pretty much useless there + tracking from distance with crows and scratch marks is not possible.

    Easily THE worst map they've ever released gameplay wise

    idk man you're downplaying some of the bs that exists in Haddonfield and that hasnt been touched once cuz of license, doubt anything will really come of this one other than tweaks, the layout is spot on

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I've gotten RPD three times today. Those matches didn't go well. They couldn't find gens, I couldn't find them, and then when I did find them they couldn't find each other to make the hook saves.

    Have you heard of the perk Visionary?

  • I was talking about when I was playing killer.

  • they are akways shown as auras on killer...

  •  Sorry, maybe my original statement was ambiguous. Here:

    "They [the survivors] couldn't find gens, I couldn't find them [the survivors], and then when I did find them [the survivors] they couldn't find each other to make the hook saves."

  • I wish I could actually play on it. I got it ONCE, just ONCE. Yea it might be poorly designed for gameplay but at least enable it for a short time with decent spawn rate. Rather have RPD than annoying Coldwind.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2374070#Comment_2374070

     Sorry, maybe my original statement was ambiguous. Here:

    "They [the survivors] couldn't find gens, I couldn't find them [the survivors], and then when I did find them [the survivors] they couldn't find each other to make the hook saves."

    It seems to me like you're insisting it be "easier" when that map it's self is supposed to be a bit of a puzzle. It's from RE

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2374748#Comment_2374748

    It seems to me like you're insisting it be "easier" when that map it's self is supposed to be a bit of a puzzle. It's from RE

    Hmm? I never said anything about wanting it to be easier. I was just commenting that the matches didn't go well: I stumbled across survivors in random areas and then they died on their first hooks. The matches weren't very fun or interactive.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2375922#Comment_2375922

    Hmm? I never said anything about wanting it to be easier. I was just commenting that the matches didn't go well: I stumbled across survivors in random areas and then they died on their first hooks. The matches weren't very fun or interactive.

    i mean maybe you;re playing too much dbd dude lmao

  • UPDATE:

    image.png

    we can now USE THE OFFERING

1 2 ›