Should plague's vile purge be an instant down?

We have so many killers with instant downs now oni, leatherface, billy, ghostface, myers, etc


So why doesn't plague get instant downs with her power?


Survivors hold her power hostage and if they don't heal then they are in the broken state for easy hits but if they do heal now t hey're fully healed and you have a situational power that can only damage them but not put them in broken state and you have to hit them twice now.


for a power this situational and is 100% within the survivor's control it should be buffed a bit

Comments

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    No I don't think the Plague's form of giving infection should also insta-down survivors, as this would make Corrupt Purge substantially weaker than her main power.

    I also don't think her Corrupt Purge should instantly down either. Let's look at all of these killers you've listed:

    • Oni, must get close to the survivor to damage them
    • Leatherface, must get close to the survivor to damage them
    • Billy, must get close to the survivor to damage them
    • Jamesface, must get close to the survivor to damage them
    • Myers, must get close to the survivor to damage them

    Now, let's look at Plague:

    • Is a ranged killer, does not need to get close to the survivor to damage them.

    We've all seen how nuts strong Iridescent Head + Infantry Belt was, making Corrupt Purge literally even better than that combo would be a stupid idea.

    Especially considering the lack of accuracy required.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355908#Comment_2355908

    I love playing Blight, but I think any Killer that has the ability to transverse the map quick needs a significant cooldown to prevent them from going from gen to gen to gen. Blight, Billy and Wraith all can transverse the map and instantly be in a chase right after hooking someone, all the other killers perform fine while being constrained to normal movement and that's how the game is balanced. Map transversal abilities need significant cooldowns, especially on small maps, where those killers are guaranteed 4ks.

    (I love Billy and I play Billy and Blight knowing they are in need of nerfs. However, I am very limited on using them because I don't want to rank up so far that I can play the normal speed killers).

    You think BILLY needs a nerf? WHAT?

    Billy's map mobility is incredible, but his chase is far weaker than most killers. A good player can keep a Billy in chase for minutes, pretty much ensuring that they never get hit by a saw. If you nerf his mobility, you'll see this already underplayed and overnerfed character played even less.

  • As a Plague main I feel she is in a perfectly fine and healthy spot. No changes needed.

  • You high bro?

    If you want an ability like that, that is also balanced choose Oni.

  • I feel like something special should happen when all the pools are corrupted but they just reset, so boring

  • @CrowVortex said:

    She doesn't need an insta down, just some small tweaks here and there.

    I would make Cleansing require skill checks and require the same amount of time to cleanse as if you were healing with sloppy for fully infected, normal cleanse time for infection stage 1.

    I would totally re-evaluate her point score systems for actually using her power correctly.

    I would give plague a 10 second haste buff whenever a survivor cleanses to make her reach the fountain quicker, and have the haste effect disable while in a chase.

    Vomiting on a Gen should apply regression as if you kicked it and score the points as if you kicked it.

    Maybe vomit slowly decays item charge usage overtime while infected

    I feel like she should also infect gens when she kicks them

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    We have so many killers with instant downs now oni, leatherface, billy, ghostface, myers, etc

    So why doesn't plague get instant downs with her power?

    Survivors hold her power hostage and if they don't heal then they are in the broken state for easy hits but if they do heal now t hey're fully healed and you have a situational power that can only damage them but not put them in broken state and you have to hit them twice now.

    for a power this situational and is 100% within the survivor's control it should be buffed a bit

    Na if your ontop of them it has almost no cool down so it downs insainly quick

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    I feel like something special should happen when all the pools are corrupted but they just reset, so boring

    That’s to prevent Plague intentionally steam rolling the survivors when they’re all broken and preventing them from removing infection and broken.

  • @Killing_Time said:

    All she really needs is...

    1. Using fountains DOES NOT FULLY HEAL SURVIVOR, IT JUST REMOVES INFECTION.

    2. If all fountains safe corrupt, they REMAIN CORRUPT!

    3. Gens with vomit on them causes regression.

    4. Fully infected survivors can't repair gens.

    How the heck can someone even post those ideas and not realize that 2 and 4 would be gamebreaking?

    There are 5 fountains on the Map, so Survivors are able to cleanse 5 times and afterwards, they cannot complete a single Gen. Yay, good idea. I see you put much thought into this.


    @Topic:

    Plague is fine power-wise. She is a strong Killer. However, there should be an incentive to cleanse so that she gets her Corrupt Purge more often. Being injured the whole game with non-removeable sounds is not enough apparently, so there needs to be more.

    In exchange, her Corrupt Purge should be nerfed a bit. It is a very strong ability (which is the reason why Survivors dont cleanse).

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355819#Comment_2355819

    How the heck can someone even post those ideas and not realize that 2 and 4 would be gamebreaking?

    There are 5 fountains on the Map, so Survivors are able to cleanse 5 times and afterwards, they cannot complete a single Gen. Yay, good idea. I see you put much thought into this.

    @Topic:

    Plague is fine power-wise. She is a strong Killer. However, there should be an incentive to cleanse so that she gets her Corrupt Purge more often. Being injured the whole game with non-removeable sounds is not enough apparently, so there needs to be more.

    In exchange, her Corrupt Purge should be nerfed a bit. It is a very strong ability (which is the reason why Survivors dont cleanse).

    “How the heck can someone even post those ideas and not realize that 2 and 4 would be gamebreaking?”

    Someone who hasn’t spent enough time with the killer to fully understand (and fully utilise) their strengths.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355819#Comment_2355819

    How the heck can someone even post those ideas and not realize that 2 and 4 would be gamebreaking?

    There are 5 fountains on the Map, so Survivors are able to cleanse 5 times and afterwards, they cannot complete a single Gen. Yay, good idea. I see you put much thought into this.

    @Topic:

    Plague is fine power-wise. She is a strong Killer. However, there should be an incentive to cleanse so that she gets her Corrupt Purge more often. Being injured the whole game with non-removeable sounds is not enough apparently, so there needs to be more.

    In exchange, her Corrupt Purge should be nerfed a bit. It is a very strong ability (which is the reason why Survivors dont cleanse).

    I don't really think there needs to be more incentive to cleanse.

    People really underestimate the power of having all four survivors be perma-injured, unable to stealth and revealing what objects they've touched. Combine this with her basekit fountain used at the right moment, and not cleansing to buy yourself time against Corrupt is a death sentence unless you're on, like, Lery's. Even then, a good Plague can snowball like crazy.

    A team over-cleansing is arguably worse for Plague than a team who doesn't cleanse. In over-cleansing games, you're essentially forced to stay in Corrupt Purge for the entire game - Corrupt is strong, true, but nobody being infected really reduces the true strength and snowball potential of Corrupt. At that point, you're just playing a killer with a good chase power that she has to keep reloading, with very little map pressure and with everyone healthy, which completely defeats the reason WHY Plague is good - an extremely good snowball power mixed with vulnerable survivors who are easy to track.

    Plague is probably my most played killer at this point besides Deathslinger, and I can tell you that a good team that mass-cleanses is SO much more difficult to beat than a team that doesn't cleanse. She is honestly perfectly fine as she is - the only thing I'd change is altering the fountain spawns on maps like swamp to be more in line with the other maps. Maybe give her a basekit action speed boost for interacting with infected objects, to help in chases against infected survivors.

  • @Altarf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356618#Comment_2356618

    I don't really think there needs to be more incentive to cleanse.

    People really underestimate the power of having all four survivors be perma-injured, unable to stealth and revealing what objects they've touched. Combine this with her basekit fountain used at the right moment, and not cleansing to buy yourself time against Corrupt is a death sentence unless you're on, like, Lery's. Even then, a good Plague can snowball like crazy.

    A team over-cleansing is arguably worse for Plague than a team who doesn't cleanse. In over-cleansing games, you're essentially forced to stay in Corrupt Purge for the entire game - Corrupt is strong, true, but nobody being infected really reduces the true strength and snowball potential of Corrupt. At that point, you're just playing a killer with a good chase power that she has to keep reloading, with very little map pressure and with everyone healthy, which completely defeats the reason WHY Plague is good - an extremely good snowball power mixed with vulnerable survivors who are easy to track.

    Plague is probably my most played killer at this point besides Deathslinger, and I can tell you that a good team that mass-cleanses is SO much more difficult to beat than a team that doesn't cleanse. She is honestly perfectly fine as she is - the only thing I'd change is altering the fountain spawns on maps like swamp to be more in line with the other maps. Maybe give her a basekit action speed boost for interacting with infected objects, to help in chases against infected survivors.

    I mean, power-wise she is fine. As I said, she is a strong Killer.

    However, I find her quite boring to play, because if Survivors dont cleanse, I am playing an M1-Killer with Instadown after a few minutes. But this is just my opinion and I am well aware that fun is highly subjective.

  • I think she's in an alright spot, but it's true it can suck if people hold the power hostage.

    Only thing I can say to that is if it does happen, especially early, you might as well have noed all game, not too bad.

    Could also bring things like Thana and the pink addon to make them be forced to cleanse if they don't want to deal with these.

  • @Haddix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355928#Comment_2355928

    You think BILLY needs a nerf? WHAT?

    Billy's map mobility is incredible, but his chase is far weaker than most killers. A good player can keep a Billy in chase for minutes. If you nerf his mobility, you'll see this already underplayed and overnerfed character played even less.

    I play Billy and I feel guilty playing him, he's so easy. I usually have won the game with him before survivors have popped their first gen. His chase potential (I assume you mean looping) is definitely not weaker than most other killers, you just don't use his chainsaw for every loop. Even if you use his chainsaw for half the loops, that's still taking survivors down twice as quick as any M1 killer. He's not Leatherface, who instadowns everyone but he has enough instadowns coupled with complete map control that it doesn't matter.

    I'm personally under the belief that any high mobility killer without cooldowns is just to strong, especially with these tiny maps. Blight, Billy and Wraith all have the ability to be in a chase with a survivor across the map, right after hooking a survivor. That's just too oppressive. (Besides Plague, I love playing Billy and Blight, but I'll be the first to tell you they are OP).

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    We have so many killers with instant downs now oni, leatherface, billy, ghostface, myers, etc

    So why doesn't plague get instant downs with her power?

    Survivors hold her power hostage and if they don't heal then they are in the broken state for easy hits but if they do heal now t hey're fully healed and you have a situational power that can only damage them but not put them in broken state and you have to hit them twice now.

    for a power this situational and is 100% within the survivor's control it should be buffed a bit

    Noooooooo! I main Plague, and I love just being able to vomit all over everything and everyone. I don't want to down survivors with it, I just want to make them cringe in horror and disgust as they get hit with it and run away. :) (Can you tell I play Killer just for fun??)

    On a more serious note - I don't much care for instant- downs in the game, full stop. I accept them when the Killer has to actually earn them via in-game actions (stalking, etc.) because there's work involved in obtaining them. But I 100% believe that no Killer should walk into a match with a one-shot in their back pocket that is available for immediate use, either because it's part of their base kit (like the chainsaws) or because of an add-on.

  • If her Vile Purge is an insta-down…

    what would ever be the point of using Corrupt Purge??

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/265758/should-plagues-vile-purge-be-an-instant-down

    Plague is my main and she's fine. She's about average but she's fun to play and doesn't need iridescent vomit. There's really no killers that need buffs considering the buff-disaster-in-waiting Trickster that is soon to come out. However the Nurse needs a rework and Spirit, Blight and Wraith all need nerfs.

    Curious on why blight needs a nerf?

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356618#Comment_2356618

    “How the heck can someone even post those ideas and not realize that 2 and 4 would be gamebreaking?”

    Someone who hasn’t spent enough time with the killer to fully understand (and fully utilise) their strengths.

    i think they mean, that when all fountains are done plague can legit just take the game hostage, and make it so survivor litterly can not get out on the own record

  • Using fountains shouldn't fully heal survivors and ALL FOUNTAIN should be able to be kept corrupt.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356628#Comment_2356628

    i think they mean, that when all fountains are done plague can legit just take the game hostage, and make it so survivor litterly can not get out on the own record

    How can plague take the game hostage?


    You do know what taking the game hostage means right? It means making it so no one can progress the game such as body blocking all survivors in a corner and not letting them go.

  • @IMhereRUN said:

    If her Vile Purge is an insta-down…

    what would ever be the point of using Corrupt Purge??

    for survivors that are fully healed

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    We have so many killers with instant downs now oni, leatherface, billy, ghostface, myers, etc

    So why doesn't plague get instant downs with her power?

    Survivors hold her power hostage and if they don't heal then they are in the broken state for easy hits but if they do heal now t hey're fully healed and you have a situational power that can only damage them but not put them in broken state and you have to hit them twice now.

    for a power this situational and is 100% within the survivor's control it should be buffed a bit

    No because it would make her too strong imo because it would be destroying solo que with little to no. Effort with the first fountain. Since the new meta vs plague is to cleanse. I don’t think survivors hold her power hostage. If this was old plague, you would have a point.

  • @meowzilla69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/265758/should-plagues-vile-purge-be-an-instant-down

    No because it would make her too strong imo because it would be destroying solo que with little to no. Effort with the first fountain. Since the new meta vs plague is to cleanse. I don’t think survivors hold her power hostage. If this was old plague, you would have a point.

    she gets 1 fountain that lasts for about a minute.


    her power is basically held hostage

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2358680#Comment_2358680

    she gets 1 fountain that lasts for about a minute.

    her power is basically held hostage

    I don’t know a lot of plague players that use the fountain off the bat(including myself), unless you’re a god with her & can down people in that amount of time or get major value out of it. That way survivors won’t fall for the old meta vs plague. It sounds like you use it off the bat. My question is: why?

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2357970#Comment_2357970

    How can plague take the game hostage?

    You do know what taking the game hostage means right? It means making it so no one can progress the game such as body blocking all survivors in a corner and not letting them go.

    Oh my Lord, the thing people were suggesting "when fountains are filled it wouldnt force plague to take puke, when a survivor is fully sick they can't work on gens" those this combined would make it so the plague could take the game hostage, how about you look at the comment I replied to to see the context there looking at ???

  • I feel like fountains shouldn't reset when all full.


    So if survivors used up all fountains that should be 100% their fault and can no longer cleanse.

  • @Emeal said:

    No Thanks.

    Why not?


    because it makes the gameplay challenging?

  • After iridescent head being a shitshow for years I don't think this game should ever have insta down range attacks ever again

  • Its already so incredibly easy to hit em twice.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    No I don't think the Plague's form of giving infection should also insta-down survivors, as this would make Corrupt Purge substantially weaker than her main power.

    I also don't think her Corrupt Purge should instantly down either. Let's look at all of these killers you've listed:

    • Oni, must get close to the survivor to damage them
    • Leatherface, must get close to the survivor to damage them
    • Billy, must get close to the survivor to damage them
    • Jamesface, must get close to the survivor to damage them
    • Myers, must get close to the survivor to damage them

    Now, let's look at Plague:

    • Is a ranged killer, does not need to get close to the survivor to damage them.

    We've all seen how nuts strong Iridescent Head + Infantry Belt was, making Corrupt Purge literally even better than that combo would be a stupid idea.

    Anyone who's every played Plague would never compare her to Leatherface and then somehow conclude that her power was more effective.

    Good luck hitting with her broken projectile stream.

    Meanwhile Leathface just has to be within 10 meters and it's impossible to avoid his AoE chainsaw radius.

  • I'm wondering if the creator of this topic ever played survivor because these ideas are the most unfun and broken things I've ever read. You claim you want the game challenging for the survivors, but it should be easy for you, the killer?

    You probably should just play bot matches in the incoming patch if you want easy 4Ks every game.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2355708#Comment_2355708

    Anyone who's every played Plague would never compare her to Leatherface and then somehow conclude that her power was more effective.

    Good luck hitting with her broken projectile stream.

    Meanwhile Leathface just has to be within 10 meters and it's impossible to avoid his AoE chainsaw radius.

    She can do so from a range, Leatherface cannot. I admit to not being particularly well versed in Plague (though I do have Leatherface as a secondary main) however it seems like a lot of Plague mains are agreeing with me that giving a ranged insta-down would be a smidge too good.

    Plus, when I have played her it wasn't that bad to connect. There were very janky times where it definitely connected but no infection but they were few and far between.

    Edit: Also a window ruins Leather face's chainsaw sweep so if you're in a deadzone against both you're screwed.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359737#Comment_2359737

    She can do so from a range, Leatherface cannot. I admit to not being particularly well versed in Plague (though I do have Leatherface as a secondary main) however it seems like a lot of Plague mains are agreeing with me that giving a ranged insta-down would be a smidge too good.

    Plus, when I have played her it wasn't that bad to connect. There were very janky times where it definitely connected but no infection but they were few and far between.

    Oh Plague doesn't need an instadown, but she effectively already has one if survivors aren't cleansing.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359771#Comment_2359771

    Oh Plague doesn't need an instadown, but she effectively already has one if survivors aren't cleansing.

    Yes, but that's what cleansing is for. Making her Corrupt insta down would make it even stronger while actually providing even more insentive to remain infected

  • @Killing_Time said:

    All she really needs is...

    1. Using fountains DOES NOT FULLY HEAL SURVIVOR, IT JUST REMOVES INFECTION.

    2. If all fountains safe corrupt, they REMAIN CORRUPT!

    3. Gens with vomit on them causes regression.

    4. Fully infected survivors can't repair gens.

    That sounds terrible. 2 and 4 together would make it so easy for the plague to win. Infect all survivors, force them to cleanse at a fountain, infect them all again, eventually there'll be no fountains to cleanse at and all of the survivors are fully infected, making it literally impossible, for all of them, to work on gens. At that point, Plague can just AFK and hold the entire game hostage.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    We have so many killers with instant downs now oni, leatherface, billy, ghostface, myers, etc

    So why doesn't plague get instant downs with her power?

    Survivors hold her power hostage and if they don't heal then they are in the broken state for easy hits but if they do heal now t hey're fully healed and you have a situational power that can only damage them but not put them in broken state and you have to hit them twice now.

    for a power this situational and is 100% within the survivor's control it should be buffed a bit

    Exactly, we have many killers with built in instadowns, others can get them with add-ons. There is absolutely no need to have others.

  • Aren't they be instadown already if they take the Plague's power hostage?

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    Aren't they be instadown already if they take the Plague's power hostage?

    Pretty much. They also leave blood trails everywhere, cough loudly and vomit. Even as a M1 killer, all you need from the survivor is a single mistake and they're done.

1 2 ›