Crossplay filtering options ever?

The more sweaty PC killers in the event just brings me back to a question I have asked many times.

Imagine expecting a group of solos on consoles/switch to somehow give an experienced PC Nurse or Huntress an actual fight. This is just outright silly that crossplay doesn't allow for consoles to filter out PC while keeping the other consoles.

I already know the answer. Crossplay is FOR PC players. It's a "hey heres an easy mode for ya since we cant really fix balance problems" reward. I'd just like to see it officially acnknowledged. Seeing as how there is no logical reason for a filtering option to not exist. Well, the logic being they KNOW console players would not be playing with PC willingly therefore won't put in the option.

How many PC players opt out of crossplay? 0.00001 percent?

Comments

  • You can play with crossplay off but of course it won't be like pre crossplay. Majority of people play with it on so you are stuck with longer q's and same people.

    I don't think crossplay is fair at all and while it has it's pros, If I could I would go back to pre crossplay tbh. Q's were never a big problem for me on console anyway.

  • This is just outright silly that crossplay doesn't allow for consoles to filter out PC while keeping the other consoles.

    If you allow that, you have to allow console players to filter out other specific consoles as well, and that's not going to happen

    Or a least, not in DBD, since it would fragment too much the playerbase

    You don't want to play with PC? Turn it off, the option is there for you to use it

  • I think their entire point in making Crossplay was to unite the playerbase and improve queue times.

    I too wish for a console-only option, but I just don't see it ever happening. Nor do I think it's even close to fair, even with pre-RE levels of game performance.

    Besides the basic advantage of framerate, there's the sensitivity & input delay with a controller (and we aren't ever getting k&m support either), messing around with video & sound card options, ability to run it on low or medium graphics for even better fps, ability to screw around with the actual game files, and more. And that's without "alternate options" like stretch res or whatever.

    No way anyone can realistically look at how this game is both coded and played & say we all are on the same game.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    I think their entire point in making Crossplay was to unite the playerbase and improve queue times.

    I too wish for a console-only option, but I just don't see it ever happening. Nor do I think it's even close to fair, even with pre-RE levels of game performance.

    Besides the basic advantage of framerate, there's the sensitivity & input delay with a controller (and we aren't ever getting k&m support either), messing around with video & sound card options, ability to run it on low or medium graphics for even better fps, ability to screw around with the actual game files, and more. And that's without "alternate options" like stretch res or whatever.

    No way anyone can realistically look at how this game is both coded and played & say we all are on the same game.

    Besides the stuttering, did you ever noticed that on console we are kinda slower movement wise (running etc.) ? I noticed it immediately when crossplay was enabled for the first time.

    I don't see people mentioning this.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349479#Comment_2349479

    Besides the stuttering, did you ever noticed that on console we are kinda slower movement wise (running etc.) ? I noticed it immediately when crossplay was enabled for the first time.

    I don't see people mentioning this.

    What i noticed when playing killer side is PCrs can hug corners much tighter than on controller, so they get one or more loops than I can do. I imagine it's the same for PC killer they could catch up quicker in a loop I bet.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349497#Comment_2349497

    What i noticed when playing killer side is PCrs can hug corners much tighter than on controller, so they get one or more loops than I can do. I imagine it's the same for PC killer they could catch up quicker in a loop I bet.

    If the game becomes playable again I will probably switch cp off. Even if that means longer q's and playing against same people. At least it is fair game.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    The more sweaty PC killers in the event just brings me back to a question I have asked many times.

    Imagine expecting a group of solos on consoles/switch to somehow give an experienced PC Nurse or Huntress an actual fight. This is just outright silly that crossplay doesn't allow for consoles to filter out PC while keeping the other consoles.

    I already know the answer. Crossplay is FOR PC players. It's a "hey heres an easy mode for ya since we cant really fix balance problems" reward. I'd just like to see it officially acnknowledged. Seeing as how there is no logical reason for a filtering option to not exist. Well, the logic being they KNOW console players would not be playing with PC willingly therefore won't put in the option.

    How many PC players opt out of crossplay? 0.00001 percent?

    I have a question:

    How do you even know you face ANY PC killers and not just a different console killer?

    A globe means a different platform not just PC and yes I have face good console huntresses and competent console nurses before you ask.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/265152/crossplay-filtering-options-ever

    I have a question:

    How do you even know you face ANY PC killers and not just a different console killer?

    A globe means a different platform not just PC and yes I have face good console huntresses and competent console nurses before you ask.

    You can tell by the names. Pc players can pick any name without limitations. While our names look like this-> someone9872, clout_chaser_ etc etc.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349724#Comment_2349724

    You can tell by the names. Pc players can pick any name without limitations. While our names look like this-> someone9872, clout_chaser_ etc etc.

    What's preventing a PC player from using names like that? Hell, I have seen PC players with names like that.

  • I wreck pc players all the time, on both sides 🤷‍♂️

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349730#Comment_2349730

    What's preventing a PC player from using names like that? Hell, I have seen PC players with names like that.

    When I see the name Iredescent C..k. That is a pc player. And that is what I meant. It is 100% a pc player because console players can't have that name typed like that.

  • I agree. Console needs MnK support for this game

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/265152/crossplay-filtering-options-ever

    I have a question:

    How do you even know you face ANY PC killers and not just a different console killer?

    A globe means a different platform not just PC and yes I have face good console huntresses and competent console nurses before you ask.

    From their movement. For example turning right continuously with a joystick vs pausing because you ran out of space on your mouse pad.

  • @InList said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349724#Comment_2349724

    From their movement. For example turning right continuously with a joystick vs pausing because you ran out of space on your mouse pad.

    I have seen PC players turning constantly.

    High DPI so small movements = full turning speed without running out of mouse space. Plus PC users using console controllers.

    I have seen consoles pause and looking at said pauses from steamers its due to performance issues.

    So...Do you have any actual proof?

  • The entire reason why crossplay is a thing, is to help pc playerbase with their ######### queue times. If you make this as an option, many will just opt PC out and make whole crossplay pointless

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    The entire reason why crossplay is a thing, is to help pc playerbase with their ######### queue times. If you make this as an option, many will just opt PC out and make whole crossplay pointless

    THey already have the biggest playerbase of all the platforms. You're hajlf right at least


    it was to give easy mode to their biggest playerbase and thats it. Just want to see it officially acknowledged as there is ZERO logical reason other than that to not allow consoles to filter out PC.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/265152/crossplay-filtering-options-ever

    I have a question:

    How do you even know you face ANY PC killers and not just a different console killer?

    A globe means a different platform not just PC and yes I have face good console huntresses and competent console nurses before you ask.

    Because I possess common sense and can identify patterns after playing thousands of matches in addition to countless other things. This isn't an argument I haven't seen a million times before and there is no satisfying those who use it. "how do you KNOW its a PC? It COULD in THEORY not be one"


    We could also in theory live on a giant cookie created by the gods. I mean, you cant SAY for certain we don't.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    The entire reason why crossplay is a thing, is to help pc playerbase with their ######### queue times. If you make this as an option, many will just opt PC out and make whole crossplay pointless

    Really? Queue times were worse on PC than on console? I am used to the opposite. I guess this game is a bit more on the casual side, so it kind of makes sense.

  • Console skill wise isn't a huge gap. However I'd avoid pc players only if I could due to these reasons.

    Hacking

    Stretch res

    Filters & graphic changes

    Vastly more common to have worse latency

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Console skill wise isn't a huge gap. However I'd avoid pc players only if I could due to these reasons.

    Hacking

    Stretch res

    Filters & graphic changes

    Vastly more common to have worse latency

    Why are PCs more likely to have worse latency? The majority of console gamers play on WifI whereas I don't know a single PC player that doesn't run on Ethernet.

  • They said they dont want to do that because they dont want to ,,exclude PC players" but then proceed to exclude console players without ingame chat.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351423#Comment_2351423

    Why are PCs more likely to have worse latency? The majority of console gamers play on WifI whereas I don't know a single PC player that doesn't run on Ethernet.

    Just from experience, could be due to poor programming from the devs. All I know is i find it far more common for questionable hits through pallets etc. When pc is involved, obviously all platforms can have it happen but more common when versing pc. But the other issues are enough, it's a shame people cheat and uses advantages but I'm not about that, im here to have fun. I'm happy for a tough and sweaty game but not when things like that exist

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351428#Comment_2351428

    Just from experience, could be due to poor programming from the devs. All I know is i find it far more common for questionable hits through pallets etc. When pc is involved, obviously all platforms can have it happen but more common when versing pc. But the other issues are enough, it's a shame people cheat and uses advantages but I'm not about that, im here to have fun. I'm happy for a tough and sweaty game but not when things like that exist

    How do you know they're PC? The globe could mean literally any other platform than the one you're on.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351433#Comment_2351433

    How do you know they're PC? The globe could mean literally any other platform than the one you're on.

    Because he can't 360 him x), i guess.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351433#Comment_2351433

    How do you know they're PC? The globe could mean literally any other platform than the one you're on.

    Because you can search xbox/psn accounts and check... it's not too hard and I also took notes ages ago to test my theory. Plus when someone's sensitivity its beyond the capability of consoles it means they're m&k on pc.

    Once again, filters, stretch res, graphic changes and hackers is a good enough reason

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351435#Comment_2351435

    Because you can search xbox/psn accounts and check... it's not too hard and I also took notes ages ago to test my theory. Plus when someone's sensitivity its beyond the capability of consoles it means they're m&k on pc.

    Once again, filters, stretch res, graphic changes and hackers is a good enough reason

    You search everyones username after a game to see what platform they're on?

    You pop onto your PS app, and your xbox app and search their names?

    Ok.

    And what are you talking about Filters, Stretch Res, Graphic Changes & Hackers? You've not once mentioned any of these and don't see how that pertains to knowing which platform the player is on.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349730#Comment_2349730

    What's preventing a PC player from using names like that? Hell, I have seen PC players with names like that.

    This. I've seen a lot of PC players have 'normal' names (I play on PC as well, so I would know). A lot of people probably think they are facing PC players when they really aren't.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351441#Comment_2351441

    You search everyones username after a game to see what platform they're on?

    You pop onto your PS app, and your xbox app and search their names?

    Ok.

    And what are you talking about Filters, Stretch Res, Graphic Changes & Hackers? You've not once mentioned any of these and don't see how that pertains to knowing which platform the player is on.

    Well I'm on xbox so I only need to check psn. And no not all the time now, as I said I did have one period where I checked every game and pc was more common now I only check really bad games and pc is more common. And I actually did in a few of my comments, in fact my VERY FIRST comment I listed all these issues, you just ignore them and went to the latency issues which I find more common with pc. Just my opinion and experience. You should read comments more carefully so I dont need to repeat multiple sections as it doesnt progress any discussion

  • No it's called searching, in a modern day such as this I thought people would know how technology works. And 360s arent an issue, most console players do struggle because they dont raise the sensitivity. Because of survivors can run round you faster than you can turn. However I upped my sensitivity years ago and dont have that issue. I explained why I dont like pc and they're reasonable and just. I dont care about the mouse at all

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350228#Comment_2350228

    THey already have the biggest playerbase of all the platforms. You're hajlf right at least

    it was to give easy mode to their biggest playerbase and thats it. Just want to see it officially acknowledged as there is ZERO logical reason other than that to not allow consoles to filter out PC.

    You really think PC playerbase is bigger than console? You ok?

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351301#Comment_2351301

    You really think PC playerbase is bigger than console? You ok?

    "Console" is not one platform, though. The person you quoted spoke of individual platforms, of which PC is indeed the largest.

  • Crossplay should allow you to still play with players on your platform who have it off. For example, a three man squad and a killer who ALL have crossplay OFF on Xbox- can still have a fourth Xbox solo survivor who has crossplay ON- get put into that lobby. To take it a step further, give that lobby priority so que times aren’t so long for those who prefer to have it off.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352081#Comment_2352081

    "Console" is not one platform, though. The person you quoted spoke of individual platforms, of which PC is indeed the largest.

    Hard to tell without actual numbers. Just from my experience every multiplayer game has bigger xbox or playstation playerbase than PC

    We can only confirm PC numbers so lets say you are correct for now.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352083#Comment_2352083

    Hard to tell without actual numbers. Just from my experience every multiplayer game has bigger xbox or playstation playerbase than PC

    We can only confirm PC numbers so lets say you are correct for now.

    How many of those games were released on PC first, for a few years, and only came to consoles afterward?

  • @KerJuice said:

    Crossplay should allow you to still play with players on your platform who have it off. For example, a three man squad and a killer who ALL have crossplay OFF on Xbox- can still have a fourth Xbox solo survivor who has crossplay ON- get put into that lobby. To take it a step further, give that lobby priority so que times aren’t so long for those who prefer to have it off.

    That would be the logical step but like I said. Crossplay is FOR PC users. They're going to give console every incentive to have it on simply because there is NO REASON to want it on if you can't filter out PC. Therefore you get punished for having it turned off.


    It's so fun playing PC Huntresses with switch users. Or a BS PC Blight whom has ZERO actual counterplay if they have a clue what they're doing.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351301#Comment_2351301

    You really think PC playerbase is bigger than console? You ok?

    Uhm, it absolutely IS bigger. You think there are more people playing DBD of all games on console than the 8th most popular game on steam currently?

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    The more sweaty PC killers in the event just brings me back to a question I have asked many times.

    Imagine expecting a group of solos on consoles/switch to somehow give an experienced PC Nurse or Huntress an actual fight. This is just outright silly that crossplay doesn't allow for consoles to filter out PC while keeping the other consoles.

    I already know the answer. Crossplay is FOR PC players. It's a "hey heres an easy mode for ya since we cant really fix balance problems" reward. I'd just like to see it officially acnknowledged. Seeing as how there is no logical reason for a filtering option to not exist. Well, the logic being they KNOW console players would not be playing with PC willingly therefore won't put in the option.

    How many PC players opt out of crossplay? 0.00001 percent?

    I don’t recommend turning crossplay off if you’re on console. As someone already stated, the Q times will be significantly longer. Often so long you’ll find yourself backing out to turn crossplay back on. Aside from that.. if you’re on Xbox for example you might actually be facing a PlayStation player but the icon might mislead you into thinking they’re a “sweaty” PC player. I could be mistaken though. I have Dbd on pc and PS5 but I almost exclusively play on my console but Xbox players along with any other cross-platform 100% shows the same icon as someone on PC. So unless I notice something like very high dpi for example, I actually have no way of knowing for sure if they were on PC or not.

    I’ve faced a 4 man console squad that legitimately play as a tournament team. I don’t know why they were in pubs but my point is that it’s unfair to generalize a specific platform such as PC for being “sweaty”. Non-competitive, charity events etc.. as long as there are 2 separate participants that have objectives unique to to their side, there will always be people that want to dominate the interaction decisively.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352085#Comment_2352085

    That would be the logical step but like I said. Crossplay is FOR PC users. They're going to give console every incentive to have it on simply because there is NO REASON to want it on if you can't filter out PC. Therefore you get punished for having it turned off.

    It's so fun playing PC Huntresses with switch users. Or a BS PC Blight whom has ZERO actual counterplay if they have a clue what they're doing.

    If the devs did that, then people with crossplay off would be forcing their option onto people who have it on by simply showing up in the same lobby. It's fine the way it is.

  • People that deny pc advantage either want the advantage or they aren't aware of the differences.

    And since everyone still doesn't understand how you can sometimes tell pc users by the name, you can't have a space or sensitive words in nicknames if you are on console.

    If someone has a name like -hex something- it is a pc user because you can't have a space between two words like that on console. But how would you know if you never owned one lol.

  • I play survivor with a controller and it's no different, except that you have more actual control meaning it's easier to loop the killer.

    But no, it's not you, it's totally your console being the problem. Everyone with a crossplay icon that you don't like is a PC player. You totally know exactly what DbD on PC is like.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I play survivor with a controller and it's no different, except that you have more actual control meaning it's easier to loop the killer.

    But no, it's not you, it's totally your console being the problem. Everyone with a crossplay icon that you don't like is a PC player. You totally know exactly what DbD on PC is like.

    Have you tried playing killers like deathslinger, nurse, trickster or huntress on controller? And compare it to m&k?

    And controller is not the only difference between pc and console. Last gen has a lot of performance issues since launch and now it is not even playable because you freeze more than not throughout the match. I am aware that you have a problem on your pc too but that is not common, while last gen problems are universal. You really need to play on console to understand how bad it runs.

    And like I said before you can actually tell some pc players by their names. You don't know that because you don't about console restrictions when it comes to nicknames.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366398#Comment_2366398

    Have you tried playing killers like deathslinger, nurse, trickster or huntress on controller? And compare it to m&k?

    And controller is not the only difference between pc and console. Last gen has a lot of performance issues since launch and now it is not even playable because you freeze more than not throughout the match. I am aware that you have a problem on your pc too but that is not common, while last gen problems are universal. You really need to play on console to understand how bad it runs.

    And like I said before you can actually tell some pc players by their names. You don't know that because you don't about console restrictions when it comes to nicknames.

    Yes I have, and I've talked to plenty of console killers that play them. They're harder, sure, but the functionality is still 100% there. The best Deathslinger I've ever seen is a console player. The only killer where this wasn't the case was Blight, and now he's fixed. So still no advantage.

    And most PC players are also dealing with garbage optimization, because most PC players aren't ######### rich and I'm getting really sick of that assumption. PS5 and Series X have a much greater advantage than PC on that front but everyone keeps milking the magical "console disadvantage".

    And that's without mentioning the fact that I've also played this game on Xbox back when optimisation was mostly a console issue and it's honestly no different. It's really not.

    And just because you can tell some PC players doesn't mean you can tell all. I go against so many console players with Hex: names and other ridiculous BS that it's kinda sad to see how many people either created an account just for DbD or paid Microsoft's ridiculous renaming fee.

    This whole attempted re-ignition of the console/PC wars is extremely misguided. On the optimisation front, current-gen consoles have an enormous edge, equivalent to the rich PC players. On the gameplay front, survivor is easier on a controller and just becuase something is harder doesn't mean the functionality isn't there.

    And to cap it all, I'm more scared of 4 crossplay icons than 4 PC players. Way, way more scared. PC players used to suck back before crossplay, then console came in and injected a heavy dose of predropped pallets and holding W (or in my case, holding LT). It also wrecked my survivor que times because suddenly no-one wanted to play killer. But I don't want crossplay disabled, having a giant playerbase is good. It means there's some actual potential for new game modes.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366412#Comment_2366412

    Yes I have, and I've talked to plenty of console killers that play them. They're harder, sure, but the functionality is still 100% there. The best Deathslinger I've ever seen is a console player. The only killer where this wasn't the case was Blight, and now he's fixed. So still no advantage.

    And most PC players are also dealing with garbage optimization, because most PC players aren't ######### rich and I'm getting really sick of that assumption. PS5 and Series X have a much greater advantage than PC on that front but everyone keeps milking the magical "console disadvantage".

    And that's without mentioning the fact that I've also played this game on Xbox back when optimisation was mostly a console issue and it's honestly no different. It's really not.

    And just because you can tell some PC players doesn't mean you can tell all. I go against so many console players with Hex: names and other ridiculous BS that it's kinda sad to see how many people either created an account just for DbD or paid Microsoft's ridiculous renaming fee.

    This whole attempted re-ignition of the console/PC wars is extremely misguided. On the optimisation front, current-gen consoles have an enormous edge, equivalent to the rich PC players. On the gameplay front, survivor is easier on a controller and just becuase something is harder doesn't mean the functionality isn't there.

    And to cap it all, I'm more scared of 4 crossplay icons than 4 PC players. Way, way more scared. PC players used to suck back before crossplay, then console came in and injected a heavy dose of predropped pallets and holding W (or in my case, holding LT). It also wrecked my survivor que times because suddenly no-one wanted to play killer. But I don't want crossplay disabled, having a giant playerbase is good. It means there's some actual potential for new game modes.

    I just added hex randomly as a word to adress the space as difference. And yes I agree that you can't always know if someone is pc or not but in cases like that you actually can because you can't have space in your nickname on console. That was my point.

    And I respect your opinion even tho I still think that people on last gen are in disadvantage. Especially now when all of us have freezes all the time and some perks make us freeze completely so we can't even use them.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366430#Comment_2366430

    I just added hex randomly as a word to adress the space as difference. And yes I agree that you can't always know if someone is pc or not but in cases like that you actually can because you can't have space in your nickname on console. That was my point.

    And I respect your opinion even tho I still think that people on last gen are in disadvantage. Especially now when all of us have freezes all the time and some perks make us freeze completely so we can't even use them.

    Those issues are plaguing PC as well.

    Edit: Seriously, I already pointed that out. There's no "opinion" there, I randomly ######### freeze while running. Not performing any action, just running along in a straight line.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366550#Comment_2366550

    Those issues are plaguing PC as well.

    Edit: Seriously, I already pointed that out. There's no "opinion" there, I randomly ######### freeze while running. Not performing any action, just running along in a straight line.

    Those issues don't affect all of the pc players unlike last gen tho.

    While I can symphatise with you I still stand by my "opinion" that console generally is at disadvantage.

    No need for bad words btw we are just talking.

    Edit: And yeah we also freeze all the time not just when we do something. When someone else is doing something we also freeze as well. Game freezes even at the start when camera circles around you. Games with nemesis are the worst, it is like a slideshow.

    I mentioned perks because they worsen the problem even more.

    Let's hope we all get some improvements after the update. Pc players that have issues as well.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366758#Comment_2366758

    Those issues don't affect all of the pc players unlike last gen tho.

    While I can symphatise with you I still stand by my "opinion" that console generally is at disadvantage.

    No need for bad words btw we are just talking.

    Edit: And yeah we also freeze all the time not just when we do something. When someone else is doing something we also freeze as well. Game freezes even at the start when camera circles around you. Games with nemesis are the worst, it is like a slideshow.

    I mentioned perks because they worsen the problem even more.

    Let's hope we all get some improvements after the update. Pc players that have issues as well.

    I still don't see this massive disadvantage console players keep insisting they have, I really don't. I play with a controller too, and that's the only gameplay difference. And it's not a big one, be ausw this isn't Siege. If it were true that PC has some magical, mystical advantage, console players would be pushovers.

    I did my homework, I know what console DbD is like and I know what PC DbD is like and I'm still saying there's no real difference, no gameplay advantage that other console users don't have and that most PC players can't afford. What do you want, total console segregation? Xbox One only with Xbox one, Xbox one X only with Xbox one X, Series X only with series X, PS 4 pro only with PS4 pro, etc? That's the only way to get a "fair" experience in terms of hardware, because this game does run differently on each individual console microgeneration.

    Edit: and yes, perks make my game freeze too, I just didnt think it work mentioning because everything that involves any form of interaction gives varying lengths of frozen screen and/or frozen character.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2365611#Comment_2365611

    If the devs did that, then people with crossplay off would be forcing their option onto people who have it on by simply showing up in the same lobby. It's fine the way it is.

    How could you think that was what I meant?

    Even with crossplay on its still possible to sometimes get a lobby where everyone is on the same platform. In those instances people with crossplay turned off should ALSO be able to get put into that lobby.

    Surprised it took this long for the topic to get hidden.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I play survivor with a controller and it's no different, except that you have more actual control meaning it's easier to loop the killer.

    But no, it's not you, it's totally your console being the problem. Everyone with a crossplay icon that you don't like is a PC player. You totally know exactly what DbD on PC is like.

    You think you have more control with a controller than a MKB? Lol, that isn't even debatable. It's an objective fact MKB is better as it has more options. More options more control.

  • The fact the option to choose crossplay on all platforms or just console wasn't implemented at the release will always baffle me. I have literally never had a good game on console playing with PC players due to the mountain of issues it brings with the massive difference on performance and connection. Can't get a game with crossplay off yet 90% of games on crossplay have issues. So really the only thing crossplay does is get you in a game faster unfortunately most of those matches will give you some kind of problem probably involving a pallet or window 😂

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349479#Comment_2349479

    Besides the stuttering, did you ever noticed that on console we are kinda slower movement wise (running etc.) ? I noticed it immediately when crossplay was enabled for the first time.

    I don't see people mentioning this.

    I just noticed your post and I did my own post on this question not 15 minutes ago. I think my wife and I will do some of our own tests. Here on the same network with presumably the same ping (we def have the same ping on side-by-side ps4s), I can get on PC and she can get on PS4. We can jump into a match and have some very dangerous foot races. Hell, we'll use the same survivor, too.