Nemesis Needs more than 2 Zombies

I think he needs a few tweaks to his add ons IMO, lemme tell you why,

with the size of maps like Haddonfield or Dead Dawg Saloon, The Swamp. It is much more threatening to have 3-4 total zombies roaming the map and make a part dangerous than having 2. Yeah, you get those 1/4 chances they are both at the right place at the right time but it lacks pressure, they are slow...super slow..and they get stuck in walls at a corner of a map... if you use addons it helps and they are faster, especially if you use a pink but idk you gotta be a bot imo to get hit by one unless you didn't see it.

Without add ons im almost positive you could use fixated to go around one. If not 4 total zombies then 3 default and then an addon to do something to the zombies an add a 4th spawn. It just makes more sense and their default detection range should be increased, sometimes i've watched some just stand there as someone ran right next to them. Maybe even be slighly faster by default too

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Mandy said:

    Thanks for pointing that out @Aven_Fallen I've copied it to here:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RS2BZLX9B8U3/zps9msm-5b1-5d.png

    Is this specifically talking about the Zombies? If Not id have to say thats a bold faced LIE, because Haddonfield HELL exists and it most definitely impacts killers compared to other maps

  • While developing Nemmy they had an extra zom zom as an iri add-on. Upon testing it wreaked game performance bad enough to be scrapped and changed.

    So we're are back at two.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I'd love to see more than two zombies on the bigger maps.

    Unfortunately, the devs said anything more than two zombies would tank the game's performance.

    Which is crazy af

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    While developing Nemmy they had an extra zom zom as an iri add-on. Upon testing it wreaked game performance bad enough to be scrapped and changed.

    So we're are back at two.

    that can't be??? no way

  • @BlueFang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336435#Comment_2336435

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335779#Comment_2335779

    Have y'all seen how badly the game performs on current gen console? And no matter how bad it is on there, the situation is so much worse for the last gen players for they are in a world of utter suffering and pain. The game even chugs on certain PCs and graphic card brands

    I fully believe them when they say anything more than 2 zombies blew the game up because this game is filled to the brim with spaghetti and prayers that the code will hold because BHVR's content release plan really doesn't give the team any time to fix the bugs that pile up with every other update

    Back in 2018-2019 there were sound bugs, visual bugs, movement bugs, and all other kinds of horrible stuff that happened every other update sometimes all at once, this game is very unoptimized

    What needs to be done at the very least is zombies should have faster movement speeds on big maps and the same or lower speed on small maps. Adjusting the way the addons and base speed are capped is essential

    I feel your pain, i feel fortunate to have a PC

  • I agree but one thing, Dead dawg saloon is big? #########

  • I would’ve assumed having an extra zombie or two as an add-on would be a no-brainer for the devs. He has two crappy add-ons (I forget atm) that could be replaced with this.

  • Zombies are already annoying playing as survivor though.

    There has been times where zombies have pushed me off gens & forcing me to kite the zombie away from it.

    Or the zombies happen to be around the corner in a loop.

    Or an indoor map where they literally block hallways.

    And of course the only way to kill them is to waste pallets, a limited resource.

    The only thing that needs to be fixed is the AI getting stuck and perhaps improving the pathing on larger maps so they don’t uselessly hang around dead zones.

  • Don't add more zombies - Instead increase their movement speed so they cover more ground + can be kited easier and improve pathing so they stop getting stuck.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I agree but one thing, Dead dawg saloon is big? #########

    for those zombies hell yes

  • @Dustin said:

    Don't add more zombies - Instead increase their movement speed so they cover more ground + can be kited easier and improve pathing so they stop getting stuck.

    yeah but adding more would add more presence

  • Performance already in the toilet on everything BUT PC LOL

  • @BioX said:

    he doesnt, I think right now the zombies behavior and amount is in a near perfect position.

    You think zombies getting stuck on rocks/ trees/ nothing is perfect? Swamp maps and red forest bug them out so often it isn't funny.

  • @KerJuice said:

    I would’ve assumed having an extra zombie or two as an add-on would be a no-brainer for the devs. He has two crappy add-ons (I forget atm) that could be replaced with this.

    Scroll back up a few post before yours for an answer to this.

  • Nope, say what I'll said in the other threads.

    They -are- helping you even if they aren't getting hits. They detect players on gens and force them off from quite a distance and can be incredibly obnoxious with Ruin and Surveillance.

    Just because they aren't getting you hits it does in no way mean they arent helping you.

  • @Mandy said:

    Thanks for pointing that out @Aven_Fallen I've copied it to here:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RS2BZLX9B8U3/zps9msm-5b1-5d.png

    uh literally every indoor map impacts blight, oni and billy.


    I can never use their powers in indoor maps.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335830#Comment_2335830

    Thanks for you input but as you said, other people experience different things in their matches. For me, i still feel adding more life to the zombies would make it better, Nemesis could be one of the more complex killers that way which is what id want

    Why would increasing the number of zombies from 2 to 4 make Nemesis a complex killer? The zombies are not even controlled by Nemesis, they are wandering around autonomously.

    And when you say "adding more life to the zombies" to me it just sound like "make them stronger in a certain way" or "make them have more impact on the gameplay". Zombies are already RNG, the game needs less RNG but more skill based gameplay.

  • Kinda agree, i was baffled to see that he had addons that would increase zombie movespeed...instead of just spawning one or two more...

  • I'm indifferent to the idea of more zombies honestly, but I do wish they were at least a little bit faster by default. 1 m/s is painfully slow and ridiculously easy for survivors to deal with, especially in the open maps, where a survivor can do almost half a gen by the time a zombie pushes them away from it. The way I see it, the default 1 m/s speed would be fine if the zombies gained a movement speed boost upon detecting a survivor. Preferably it would be a .5 movement speed boost, but even a .25 one would be a QoL change in the right direction for them since movement speed is often what determines if a zombie will actually be able to hit a survivor or not.

    I mean, the Detection range add-ons for the zombies are rendered pretty useless when you realize that it doesn't matter if they detect a survivor from behind them at 20 meters away, if it's going to take the zombie 20 seconds to reach them at 1m/s. However, add that default movement speed buff of .25 m/s when detecting a survivor, and another .25 m/s per detection add-on resulting in a total 1.5 m/s, and now you have a zombie that will detect the survivor at 20 meters away and reach them within 13.333333~ seconds for using 1 detection add-on, or 11.4 seconds with both add-ons. Likewise Pairing the detection add-ons with the base movement speed improvement add-ons makes them even faster when detecting a survivor, bringing up the best possible movement speed to 2.5 m/s upon detecting a survivor, and 2m/s when just wandering the map.

    Overall, as it is, the Movement speed add-ons completely trump the detection ones currently, because having the zombies cover more distance when wandering increases the odds of running into survivors + having the speed to cause them trouble vs. spotting survivors less often at a greater range, but being only mildly annoying to them. In all honesty, even in the Resident Evil games, the Zombies always move faster upon spotting you, so I don't see why this Idea shouldn't be considered for the zombies in DbD.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336083#Comment_2336083

    You think zombies getting stuck on rocks/ trees/ nothing is perfect? Swamp maps and red forest bug them out so often it isn't funny.

    yeah i don't know where that reason came from cuz they don't help some matches at all not because of power, it's half because of glitching

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I see a lot of people calling them useless but the amount of times they've chased someone off a gen or been at the loop I'm at and I can either bait the survivor into them or get the hit easier is crazy. I've had some of them just stay near almost complete gens and scare the players away or block shack/god bus window. It's probably a (I forget the term) where you simply aren't remembering how often they actually work out for you. Like how you're 3 times more likely to remember when they were useless then when they were useful.

    They are very rng heavy but thats kind of the point isn't it? He's still a 115 Killer with a (relatively) decent power. He doesn't really even need them, they're just a fun bonus.

    I've honestly had a lot of luck with my zombies, only had about 100 games but just the random subtle Intel they provide sometimes can be great, sure they bug out sometimes but that's easily dealt with, they definitely not op, I don't think I'd call them underpowered either.

  • If the zombies are stuck, hit them with your tentacle. Free mutation and it only takes like 15 seconds for them to respawn.

    Maybe a Rare or Ultra add-on for an extra zombie, but honestly, 2 is more than enough. WIth his move speed and ranged attack, Nemesis is already in a decent spot. 3 or more zombies would make him oppressive AF. If there was another way to destroy them without wasting a pallet, I don't see why more couldn't be base, but as it is now, it's fine imo.

  • @Mringasa said:

    If the zombies are stuck, hit them with your tentacle. Free mutation and it only takes like 15 seconds for them to respawn.

    Maybe a Rare or Ultra add-on for an extra zombie, but honestly, 2 is more than enough. WIth his move speed and ranged attack, Nemesis is already in a decent spot. 3 or more zombies would make him oppressive AF. If there was another way to destroy them without wasting a pallet, I don't see why more couldn't be base, but as it is now, it's fine imo.

    I've had multiple matches where they just glitch between a rock, MID chase or something. Glitching and not working properly doesn't really mesh with being balanced, 2nd like others said there's a lot of add ons that give you literally useless additions that aren't gonna affect crap. I shouldn't have to stop looking for survivors wasting precious time while they gen rush, cuz of a glitch. That's just part of the issue i see with Nemesis, he just needs tweaks but he is pretty solid

  • @Pizzaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335842#Comment_2335842

    Why would increasing the number of zombies from 2 to 4 make Nemesis a complex killer? The zombies are not even controlled by Nemesis, they are wandering around autonomously.

    And when you say "adding more life to the zombies" to me it just sound like "make them stronger in a certain way" or "make them have more impact on the gameplay". Zombies are already RNG, the game needs less RNG but more skill based gameplay.

    Work in a certain way as in work properly for one, yes :)

  • No... I'm already annoyed by daddy tentacle and his band of zombies. They are always blocking gens and on my way when i'm trying to get to places. I absolutely hate Nemesis

  • Yesterday I had a match where I was trying to fix. A zombie comes and of course I had to stop and try to get him away. On the process of that, another of the zombies shows up, so now there is two of them on me. And of course Nemesis didn't take long to come too. Ended up being downed by one of the zombies, because I had no place to run from 3 enemies. I know things like these don't happen all the time, but the more zombies that there are, the more annoying it is to avoid them, be it on a chase or just doing other stuff. Sometimes they even stand very near to a hooked survivor, preventing saves.

  • Let's also not forget Nemesis Add on that Exposes you for 12 seconds is also not enough, we learned that with the Twins, 9/10 times they are out running you in 12 seconds.

1 2 ›