Trapper - 5 Gens in 4mins 20s, Is this the game that BHVR wants to create, the competitive one?

Yes, I am playing trapper with very close to 5k hours, I am sure I have played without fail because I should be punished in this way? 1 player behind removing all the traps and 2 of them repairing or 3, the trapper can NOT do anything against this and the gens falling so fast is not fun.

They are forcing us to play strong killers and play boring games, tunneling and camping to avoid all this, AND I DON'T LIKE THE TYPE OF GAME.

I would like you to be civilized commenting, because I know that this does not happen "usually" but it happens normally ...

This is the game that you are focusing on doing BHVR? Well, I don't sign.


https://youtu.be/vdCvZCeoxsI


Comments

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291766#Comment_2291766

    Twins S tier?

    Did i miss something?

    Anyway, back to topic...

    The game is a 4v1. So nerfing killers in 1v1 is a terrible idea. Unless you want a gen repair simulator with almost no killer interaction.

    Do we need to wait until big streamer say it? Not only they strong because the camp, Victor is very fast, no TR, hit behind pallets/windows, long ranged attack with small charge time. and even he is small his hitbox is SO huge. and only 2 sec cooldown after you kick him. whats so weak about this killer that make him one of the worst 3?

    Why not nerfing some killers in 1v1? you said its 1v4, killers needs help with that not with chases.

  • @Name_Unavailable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291835#Comment_2291835

    Do we need to wait until big streamer say it? Not only they strong because the camp, Victor is very fast, no TR, hit behind pallets/windows, long ranged attack with small charge time. and even he is small his hitbox is SO huge. and only 2 sec cooldown after you kick him. whats so weak about this killer that make him one of the worst 3?

    Why not nerfing some killers in 1v1? you said its 1v4, killers needs help with that not with chases.

    Victor can't hit over pallets and windows anymore. They broke the Twins in the update before last. And his hitbox is not huge because I coast right over survivors heads on a direct hit. Point blank misses, getting caught on nothing, classic survivors moving left and right to deny the killer their power, the works.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291631#Comment_2291631

    ^ this is the problem I have, it's such an easy thing to do and it rewards just way too much, I say this when I play survivor, I prefer dying while I looped and outplayed or if I got outplayed then better, I prefer actually trying to be good at the game not just a holding W bot.

    It would much more respectable if playing comp style would be difficult, but it really isn't, it mostly boils down to being coordinated on comms.

    It's insane that the most efficient ways to play the game happen to be the least skillful.

  • @Trifling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291926#Comment_2291926

    Bubba is the best camper there is against bad survivors. Twins are the best camper there is against people who actually know how to play the game and punish camping.

    On the topic the guy played bad as one of the worst killers in the game. He had a terrible start and didn't hit a surv until 1:47 and didn't down someone until 4:04. He tried to injure to force them to heal and they didn't. This lead to him getting gen rushed very easily because of lack of pressure. He also committed to Ace and followed him out to the furthest gen that had no work done on it. This isn't a case of gen speeds. It a case of lack of killer pressure on a killer who basically gives up 3 gens at the start of every game.

    Trapper kinda loses gens due to the nature of his traps. Because they are so spreadout and he has to get there first. Now when someone dedicated to disarming traps follows him, then the whole trapping a 3 gen area is useless.

    What the Trapper needs is the ability to refill traps from lockers. Keep the max amount of traps, but let him refill traps at any locker. This could help with his slow start.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291677#Comment_2291677

    A good player who's trying to win will do so in the most effective manner possible. Yes, shift+W is very simple, but it doesn't mean everyone who does it is unskilled, nor does it mean you or I are better than them just because we use strategies that are more complicated and less effective.

    This is what competitive gaming looks like: using the most efficient strategy to win.

    I agree. But what i disagree with is the sentiment of "99% of survivors aren't like this so if you fix it it'll ruin the game for them" or the idea that it isn't a problem.


    If the most efficient strategy is extremely boring, then the game isn't fun. It needs to be fixed.

  • @Name_Unavailable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291835#Comment_2291835

    Do we need to wait until big streamer say it? Not only they strong because the camp, Victor is very fast, no TR, hit behind pallets/windows, long ranged attack with small charge time. and even he is small his hitbox is SO huge. and only 2 sec cooldown after you kick him. whats so weak about this killer that make him one of the worst 3?

    Why not nerfing some killers in 1v1? you said its 1v4, killers needs help with that not with chases.

    There is one streamer who mains Twins. He constantly gets 3 or 4k and does win streaks, etc.

    Now during the mmr tests he got totally wasted while playing twins. He got mostly 0 or 1 kill and couldn´t keep up with decent survivors.

    Which brings us back to the topic: Gens going to fast. Dedicated survivors will always stay on gens and since the killer can only chase 1 survivor at a time, it means that 2 or 3 survivors are non stop doing gens.

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    Yes, I am playing trapper with very close to 5k hours, I am sure I have played without fail because I should be punished in this way? 1 player behind removing all the traps and 2 of them repairing or 3, the trapper can NOT do anything against this and the gens falling so fast is not fun.

    They are forcing us to play strong killers and play boring games, tunneling and camping to avoid all this, AND I DON'T LIKE THE TYPE OF GAME.

    I would like you to be civilized commenting, because I know that this does not happen "usually" but it happens normally ...

    This is the game that you are focusing on doing BHVR? Well, I don't sign.

    https://youtu.be/vdCvZCeoxsI

    At 2:18 you left chris to chase ace, that was a HUGE mistake. You really needed to down that dude.

    Given that you left chris, while chasing Ace you should have reset the trap at the window instead of playing through it.

    I also think you spent to much time placing traps. After tge 2nd or 3rd got undone you really needed to rethink what you were doing.

    Once it got to that point, what you need to do was chase someone and get them down, forget the gens. Then place a few traps in loops really close to that hook. Pressure the survivors being overly altruistic (and they would have been in this game). In short, you needed to drag them into playing your game instead of trying to play theirs.


    All of this is easy to say after the fact, I get how frustrating a game like this can be

  • @aliquis said:

    He applied pressure even in the first minute. He chases survivors away from gens multiple times but does not commit until later, first real chase he switches the target after guy uses balanced landing to get to a gym. The killer correctly switches aggro to protect a nearly almost finished generator. But the ace runs to the shack and he knows how to loop.

    The killer played fine, The main problem was that trapper without any iridescent addon is weak and new cornfield maps are busted. Tons of strong tiles (gyms,TL,shack,q tree) and then you have no vision because of corn. If he went to a chase directly from the start it would have made 0 difference, because 1 guys was already disarming his traps, so it would have been 3 survivors doing gens in either scenario, and you could see that some (the ace) was able to loop, which was enough. New cornfield with a weaker killer against good survivor is extremely in the survivors favour.

    People forget that you dont pressure gens by chasing survivors off them, you pressure gens by forcing them off to pick up slugs or get unhooks. Chasing a survivor off a gen is almost completely useless especially if you dont get the down

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291937#Comment_2291937

    Trapper kinda loses gens due to the nature of his traps. Because they are so spreadout and he has to get there first. Now when someone dedicated to disarming traps follows him, then the whole trapping a 3 gen area is useless.

    What the Trapper needs is the ability to refill traps from lockers. Keep the max amount of traps, but let him refill traps at any locker. This could help with his slow start.

    I don't disagree. Trapper is in dire need of buffs.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291956#Comment_2291956

    There is one streamer who mains Twins. He constantly gets 3 or 4k and does win streaks, etc.

    Now during the mmr tests he got totally wasted while playing twins. He got mostly 0 or 1 kill and couldn´t keep up with decent survivors.

    Which brings us back to the topic: Gens going to fast. Dedicated survivors will always stay on gens and since the killer can only chase 1 survivor at a time, it means that 2 or 3 survivors are non stop doing gens.

    Dowsey's longest Twins streak is 249 and he won almost every game during MMR if I remember correctly

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291677#Comment_2291677

    A good player who's trying to win will do so in the most effective manner possible. Yes, shift+W is very simple, but it doesn't mean everyone who does it is unskilled, nor does it mean you or I are better than them just because we use strategies that are more complicated and less effective.

    This is what competitive gaming looks like: using the most efficient strategy to win.

    Yeah holding W is the best thing to do against any m1 killer with certain exceptions like maybe wraith but they are removing the best part of playing survivor which is the killer interaction by holding W they can last more time that any of us which is funny, and no I'm not saying that the person who does it is unskilled or anything.

    Just like you said this is what most comp players do which is why I don't like comp dbd , I think Scott Jund nailed that part, because comp looks like a mix of rank 20 and rank 1, the difference is that in comp people just do gens while someone else just pre drop pallets.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    well maybe otz should stop doing 50 kill streaks with trapper. It gives false impressions that trapper is good. Trapper can't compete so you either accept to play weak killer or do not play trapper at all. Its like that for vast majority of the cast.

    The only people who get that impression are those who assume it. Otz never says the killers are good just because he does a streak with them, and has even come out and said that he doesn't want to give that impression. It's just supposed to be like a fun challenge, and nobody should tell him that he's not allowed to try a challenge on his stream if he wants to try it out.

  • Watched about half the video.

    Honestly, you played perfectly. Zero mistakes. Survivors are just op!

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    Yes, I am playing trapper with very close to 5k hours, I am sure I have played without fail because I should be punished in this way? 1 player behind removing all the traps and 2 of them repairing or 3, the trapper can NOT do anything against this and the gens falling so fast is not fun.

    They are forcing us to play strong killers and play boring games, tunneling and camping to avoid all this, AND I DON'T LIKE THE TYPE OF GAME.

    I would like you to be civilized commenting, because I know that this does not happen "usually" but it happens normally ...

    This is the game that you are focusing on doing BHVR? Well, I don't sign.

    https://youtu.be/vdCvZCeoxsI

    Me and my friends played against the Trapper earlier I don't know if it was faster than your time but it was pretty darn close and he disconnected. He had blood Warden and noed and disconnected soon as we finished the last gen. I didn't feel bad for him he quit at the time half of his perk slots would activate

  • @Trifling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292277#Comment_2292277

    Dowsey's longest Twins streak is 249 and he won almost every game during MMR if I remember correctly

    Not during the 24h test.

  • @Pilot said:

    Trapper is one of the killers in this game where he can't compete with competent / decent survivors.

    But let's nerf the only 2 killers that can🤣

  • Why not buff the others who can't?

  • That's my argument... BUFF WEAK KILLERS. Wraith could use even MORE buffs to compete against SWF, but look at how much chaos WRAITH IS CAUSING... WRAITH!!!!!!

  • Honestly i think ONE of many problems is bhvr keeps trying to fix problems with perks and not gameplay changes (leading to more grind but that's another can of Dragon sized Worms...)

    Like since Nem came out there's this interesting build going around Eruption, Pop, Thrilling, Corrupt. It's ... quite good, i've been playing it on Nem, a killer pretty damn weak to Hold W considering the whole 3 hit thing BUT if suvivors are playing OPTIMALLY and splitting gens at the start it's worked wonders. You kick one gen, with like no progress, chase someone off it, another survivors hops on and eventually "poof" disabled for 16 seconds, giving you ample time to hook and Pop. If they're on comms and let go of the gen, Thrilling's blocked it and hey check the gen the chase started at, good money says SOMEONE hopped on it....

    It's even great vs altruism cos you can down someone, Eruption disables his friends for 16 seconds and if there's someone lurking for a pallet / flashy save you CAN chase him to, hopefully get a quick down cos he's out of position and when you pick him up, another 16 seconds of gen denial.... damned if you do damned if you don't........ i give another weeks before it gets nerfed.

  • He played 2 games i believe and won both and then sat in queue for 2 hours and a comp team that was in his chat had to queue up to get a match, which they brought everything to counter twins so he lost yes. Twins are definitely strong. Just not in the sense of the other strong killers.

  • That's a pretty normal trial for me, and what I've learned is that it takes no skill to beat, just survivors that will throw a trial. All you do is hook someone kn a strategic location between some gens and facecamp them.

    This, by the way, is the reason I don't really play killer any more. It's miserable.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    well maybe otz should stop doing 50 kill streaks with trapper. It gives false impressions that trapper is good. Trapper can't compete so you either accept to play weak killer or do not play trapper at all. Its like that for vast majority of the cast.

    I respect the streamers, but for me Otz makes false statistics playing 50 games with the trapper and making good games, even I have played many perfect games with him, does that mean that the trapper is okay? or is the game balanced? No.

  • Killer gameplay is balanced around slowdown. It always has been. I've been playing no slowdown nemesis and against any decent team I'll get around 5-6 hooks and maybe 1 kill by endgame. And thats if I don't screw up chases.

    Use lethal pursuer and cry yourself to sleep knowing 60% of games have at least 2 players spawn around a gen on the other end of the map.

  • @Th3Nightmare said:

    Yes, I am playing trapper with very close to 5k hours, I am sure I have played without fail because I should be punished in this way? 1 player behind removing all the traps and 2 of them repairing or 3, the trapper can NOT do anything against this and the gens falling so fast is not fun.

    They are forcing us to play strong killers and play boring games, tunneling and camping to avoid all this, AND I DON'T LIKE THE TYPE OF GAME.

    I would like you to be civilized commenting, because I know that this does not happen "usually" but it happens normally ...

    This is the game that you are focusing on doing BHVR? Well, I don't sign.

    https://youtu.be/vdCvZCeoxsI

    First of all your biggest mistake was,to not play basement trapper.

  • 8k bp 1 hook. Not a good Trapper gameplay. You wasted 80s doing nothing spamming traps instead of pressuring survivors. 1 hook and you had 2 hook-related perks. BBQ is questionable choice

  • I just checked and this isn't true. Dowsey only had 4 games where the last gen popped during the mmr test

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    8k bp 1 hook. Not a good Trapper gameplay. You wasted 80s doing nothing spamming traps instead of pressuring survivors. 1 hook and you had 2 hook-related perks. BBQ is questionable choice

    Is the comment troll? Not putting pressure with the trapper? What do you want me to do? Don't set any trap? xDDDDD

1 2 ›