Updated graphics are well and good, but throwing out the color identify for the core stages just trashes so much of the game's original, spooky atmosphere. These don't need to look like Call of Duty maps. They should be weird, twisted, ethereal nightmare realms.
Old Freddy was although not that strong he was really unique, which has been seen lacking ever since Trickster. But Freddy would have been really perfect if instead of a full on rework, they could have instead tweaked his power to be even stronger, but instead of that we all ended up getting an although strong killer, he just wasn't unique and became pretty boring.
Old Hillbilly was fun incarnated in this game, why the changes, WHY?!
Besides killer powers and all that I really miss the old maps, they were this game's nostalgia at it's finest.
And even though I didn't know the events that took place in Dead By Daylight before May 26th, 2020, I did watch some gameplay and read some of the gameplay back then, and they actually seemed pretty fun.
Everything you've said, to be honest. But, among the treasures of the past, one of them easily takes priority:
"Death won't accept him and thus he remains, a calamity, indisputable master of his victims' nightmares.
Dream Demon allows The Nightmare to pull Survivors into the Dream World."
Survivors who are awake do not see or hear The Nightmare.
Once targeted by The Nightmare's Power, Survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.
During the Dream Transition they can see The Nightmare intermittently.
When the Dream Transition has elapsed, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.
Once in the Dream World:
Survivors' Auras are revealed to The Nightmare whenever they are outside of his Terror Radius.
Survivors suffer an Action speed penalty of -50 %.
To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find other non-sleeping Survivors to perform a Wake-up action.
Failed Skill Checks can wake up the Survivor.
Getting hooked wakes up the Survivor.
Holy ######### the power you made is a good change for freddy tbh But I have a change, Instead of having the "miss skill checks to wake up" game I think alarm clocks would have their aura revealed & be interactable after being in the dream world for a while like 1 or 2 minutes
And honestly Everything in the past (The Good stuff) needs to be back
Holy ######### the power you made is a good change for freddy tbh But I have a change, Instead of having the "miss skill checks to wake up" game I think alarm clocks would have their aura revealed & be interactable after being in the dream world for a while like 1 or 2 minutes
And honestly Everything in the past (The Good stuff) needs to be back
Thank you, my friend, but this is not my concept. What I posted here is actually his power on-release. My idea has one or two small differences.
Oh then im dumb lmao, What are the changes that you have in mind?
It is basically the same as his on-release power, but with a few extras:
Power: Dream Demon
Pull survivors into the Dream World
-Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.
-Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.
-The Nightmare’s Movement Speed Penalty for putting a survivor into the Dream Transition lasts for 1 second.
-During the Dream Transition Survivors can see The Nightmare intermittently and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.
-When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.
Once in the Dream World:
-Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.
-Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.
-To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.
-Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up.
-Hooked Survivors wake up.
Special Ability: Dream Projection
-Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.
-Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.
-For each Survivor in the Dream World, the cool-down of using Dream Projection is reduced by stack-able 20%.
“You have nothing to worry about. This won’t hurt one… little… bit.” -Freddy Krueger
I also have add-ons, if you would like to see it:
Wool Shirt:
-Slightly decreases Skill Check chances in the Dream World.
Sheep Block:
Slightly reduces Dream Transition time.
-Time to fall asleep is reduced by 0.5 seconds.
Kid’s Drawing:
Slightly increases Dream Demon range.
Garden Rake:
Slightly increases Movement speed while casting Dream Demon.
Prototype Claws:
Moderately increases Movement speed after successfully putting a Survivor into the Dream Transition.
Outdoor Rope:
While Survivors are in the Dream World:
Applies a moderate (-6%) Action Speed penalty to Repair, Healing, and Sabotage actions.
Nancy’s Sketch:
Moderately increases Dream Demon range
Green Dress:
Considerably decreases Skill Check chances in the Dream World.
Slightly decreases Dream Projection cool-down for each sleeping Survivor.
Cat Block:
Moderately reduces Dream Transition time.
-Time to fall asleep is reduced by 1 second.
Unicorn Block:
Considerably reduces Dream Transition time.
-Time to fall asleep is reduced by 1.5 seconds.
Swing Chains:
Survivors suffer from an increased Action Speed penalty of 60% after 30 seconds in the Dream World
Survivors only see glimpses of The Nightmare during the Dream Transition.
Nancy’s Masterpiece:
Tremendously increases Dream Demon range.
Jump Rope:
Tremendously decreases Survivors' Action speed when in the Dream World.
Blue Dress:
Moderately decreases Skill Check chances in the Dream World.
Moderately decreases Dream Projection cool-down for each sleeping Survivor.
“I had to keep you awake long enough so when you finally slept… you would never wake up again” -Freddy Krueger
Pill Bottle:
Survivors do not see The Nightmare during the Dream Transition.
Paint Thinner:
Tremendously increases Movement speed after successfully pulling a Survivor into the Dream Transition.
Class Photo:
-When a Survivor is pulled into the Dream Transition, all other Survivors' Auras are revealed to The Nightmare for the duration of the Dream Transition.
-Tremendously increases Dream Transition time.
Time to fall asleep is increased by 2 seconds.
“Z” Block:
Tremendously reduces Dream Transition time.
-Time to fall asleep reduced by 2 seconds.
Red Paint Brush:
-Tremendously decreases The Nightmare's Terror Radius.
-Tremendously reduces Dream Transition time.
Time to fall asleep is reduced by 2 seconds.
-Survivors suffer from a Hindered penalty during the Dream Transition
“Don’t be afraid. I can make it the way it was... Just the way you liked it” -Freddy Krueger
Black Box:
-Broken pallets are replaced by Dream Pallets
-Non-sleeping survivors cannot see or interact with Dream Pallets
While I love the Realm Beyond updated maps graphically, there is sometbinh atmospheric missing in the updated maps (which is not the colored hue); maybe it’s the fog or something else.
i don’t want the old maps back, but that feeling of the old maps in the new maps. If that makes sense..
If you don't agree with me, why do you insist on calling me out every single time I voice my opinion?
I never did that to you, I respected your wish to not press that one discussion any further, and yet you maintain this less than desirable habit.
It is okay that you don't like Old Freddy, but that doesn't matter to me. I want my old main back, and so does the majority of the community. I will keep voicing my opinion, whether you like it or not.
Clothing Packs, they were a great bundle of great cosmetics that I enjoyed using
With not many to talk about, my personal favorites were The Charity Case (for being for Charity and giving us in-game merch of Content Creators we like) and The Headcase (gave us Ace's Panama Hat, Nea's Hilariously bad Melonade head, Jake's Beanie and Bun, Dwight with Cool Glasses and then a Great Flatcap I still use, Meg and Claudette, overall nice package of heads if one of these survivors were your main for $3.99).
I think they should come back for charity cases, with this time not being around content creators but fast reskins that still look good and you would purchase just because they look cool (while also giving to charity to make you feel better, even though you got it for a self-centered reason).
(an example of a possible Claudette Fire Rooster recolor that completely changes the cosmetic into the charity [this example, it's for an environmental charity for trees] that can be used for the charity pack) (pretend this looks good)
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
OLD FREDDY
I miss old MacMillan and Autohaven! Literally brings me back to those days when I was a baby player.
Ideally I'd bring back most of these, but if I had to chose, I want the og Dream Demon.
Updated graphics are well and good, but throwing out the color identify for the core stages just trashes so much of the game's original, spooky atmosphere. These don't need to look like Call of Duty maps. They should be weird, twisted, ethereal nightmare realms.
This was such a close tie with old events and old map looks/layouts.
I gave it to the old maps solely because it would affect the game more.
Everything you've said, to be honest. But, among the treasures of the past, one of them easily takes priority:
"Death won't accept him and thus he remains, a calamity, indisputable master of his victims' nightmares.
Dream Demon allows The Nightmare to pull Survivors into the Dream World."
Once in the Dream World:
Billy and Freddy!
I'd like to see more stable performance for consoles and lower end PCs brought back.
Hillbilly, Freddy, and Doctor.
Back when BHVR cared enough to make them cool and engaging.
Bloodhunts
Why doctor?
100% the old looks of maps. Did not need or want what they did to the corn maps.
Splinter Offerings.
Agreed. I am still angry that they removed those offerings. I liked them.
Hatch Grabs.
Old Ruin
Old Freddy was although not that strong he was really unique, which has been seen lacking ever since Trickster. But Freddy would have been really perfect if instead of a full on rework, they could have instead tweaked his power to be even stronger, but instead of that we all ended up getting an although strong killer, he just wasn't unique and became pretty boring.
Old Hillbilly was fun incarnated in this game, why the changes, WHY?!
Besides killer powers and all that I really miss the old maps, they were this game's nostalgia at it's finest.
And even though I didn't know the events that took place in Dead By Daylight before May 26th, 2020, I did watch some gameplay and read some of the gameplay back then, and they actually seemed pretty fun.
I just overall miss everything at this point.
Holy ######### the power you made is a good change for freddy tbh But I have a change, Instead of having the "miss skill checks to wake up" game I think alarm clocks would have their aura revealed & be interactable after being in the dream world for a while like 1 or 2 minutes
And honestly Everything in the past (The Good stuff) needs to be back
I miss the moonlight bouquet
Thank you, my friend, but this is not my concept. What I posted here is actually his power on-release. My idea has one or two small differences.
Oh then im dumb lmao, What are the changes that you have in mind?
Disconnect Penalties, as rapidly as possible. Meaner and more vicious than before would be nice. :)
It is basically the same as his on-release power, but with a few extras:
Power: Dream Demon
Pull survivors into the Dream World
-Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.
-Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.
-The Nightmare’s Movement Speed Penalty for putting a survivor into the Dream Transition lasts for 1 second.
-During the Dream Transition Survivors can see The Nightmare intermittently and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.
-When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.
Once in the Dream World:
-Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.
-Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.
-To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.
-Failed Generator Skill Checks can also wake up.
-Hooked Survivors wake up.
Special Ability: Dream Projection
-Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.
-Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.
-For each Survivor in the Dream World, the cool-down of using Dream Projection is reduced by stack-able 20%.
“You have nothing to worry about. This won’t hurt one… little… bit.” -Freddy Krueger
I also have add-ons, if you would like to see it:
Wool Shirt:
-Slightly decreases Skill Check chances in the Dream World.
Sheep Block:
Slightly reduces Dream Transition time.
-Time to fall asleep is reduced by 0.5 seconds.
Kid’s Drawing:
Slightly increases Dream Demon range.
Garden Rake:
Slightly increases Movement speed while casting Dream Demon.
Prototype Claws:
Moderately increases Movement speed after successfully putting a Survivor into the Dream Transition.
Outdoor Rope:
While Survivors are in the Dream World:
Applies a moderate (-6%) Action Speed penalty to Repair, Healing, and Sabotage actions.
Nancy’s Sketch:
Moderately increases Dream Demon range
Green Dress:
Considerably decreases Skill Check chances in the Dream World.
Slightly decreases Dream Projection cool-down for each sleeping Survivor.
Cat Block:
Moderately reduces Dream Transition time.
-Time to fall asleep is reduced by 1 second.
Unicorn Block:
Considerably reduces Dream Transition time.
-Time to fall asleep is reduced by 1.5 seconds.
Swing Chains:
Survivors suffer from an increased Action Speed penalty of 60% after 30 seconds in the Dream World
Survivors only see glimpses of The Nightmare during the Dream Transition.
Nancy’s Masterpiece:
Tremendously increases Dream Demon range.
Jump Rope:
Tremendously decreases Survivors' Action speed when in the Dream World.
Blue Dress:
Moderately decreases Skill Check chances in the Dream World.
Moderately decreases Dream Projection cool-down for each sleeping Survivor.
“I had to keep you awake long enough so when you finally slept… you would never wake up again” -Freddy Krueger
Pill Bottle:
Survivors do not see The Nightmare during the Dream Transition.
Paint Thinner:
Tremendously increases Movement speed after successfully pulling a Survivor into the Dream Transition.
Class Photo:
-When a Survivor is pulled into the Dream Transition, all other Survivors' Auras are revealed to The Nightmare for the duration of the Dream Transition.
-Tremendously increases Dream Transition time.
Time to fall asleep is increased by 2 seconds.
“Z” Block:
Tremendously reduces Dream Transition time.
-Time to fall asleep reduced by 2 seconds.
Red Paint Brush:
-Tremendously decreases The Nightmare's Terror Radius.
-Tremendously reduces Dream Transition time.
Time to fall asleep is reduced by 2 seconds.
-Survivors suffer from a Hindered penalty during the Dream Transition
“Don’t be afraid. I can make it the way it was... Just the way you liked it” -Freddy Krueger
Black Box:
-Broken pallets are replaced by Dream Pallets
-Non-sleeping survivors cannot see or interact with Dream Pallets
“I can sleep… I just don’t want to” -Dean Russell
Hatch grab and moonlight offers
I miss everything that has to do from the 4th anniversary backwards. With the old Ruin and old Freddy.
and also 60K daily rituals <3
[EDIT] i forgot that we have 60K BP ritual and it's mori one. i'm dumb.
fast blinds. just enjoyed the feel of it. Sadly it was a bit too strong and got abused.
Because old Doctor was more fun to play as and go against, in my opinion.
what were splinter offerings
Scorching summer bbq. Huge nostalgia factor for me, my first time playing the game.
I want to experience it one more time in my life.
While I love the Realm Beyond updated maps graphically, there is sometbinh atmospheric missing in the updated maps (which is not the colored hue); maybe it’s the fog or something else.
i don’t want the old maps back, but that feeling of the old maps in the new maps. If that makes sense..
Beautiful and unique treasures of the past, which allowed Players to try out the Killers of paid DLCs they did not own for one Trial.
For example:
No.
I've already been over this with you, no.
If you don't agree with me, why do you insist on calling me out every single time I voice my opinion?
I never did that to you, I respected your wish to not press that one discussion any further, and yet you maintain this less than desirable habit.
It is okay that you don't like Old Freddy, but that doesn't matter to me. I want my old main back, and so does the majority of the community. I will keep voicing my opinion, whether you like it or not.
So please, stop doing that.
Old look of maps cause I loved it when there was blur in the distance ull know what I ment by blur if u played dbd in 2017
Agreed. I enjoyed switching between his 2 different modes.
Guess greed took over the devs Since almost every single new thing is money-based
Clothing Packs, they were a great bundle of great cosmetics that I enjoyed using
With not many to talk about, my personal favorites were The Charity Case (for being for Charity and giving us in-game merch of Content Creators we like) and The Headcase (gave us Ace's Panama Hat, Nea's Hilariously bad Melonade head, Jake's Beanie and Bun, Dwight with Cool Glasses and then a Great Flatcap I still use, Meg and Claudette, overall nice package of heads if one of these survivors were your main for $3.99).
I think they should come back for charity cases, with this time not being around content creators but fast reskins that still look good and you would purchase just because they look cool (while also giving to charity to make you feel better, even though you got it for a self-centered reason).
(an example of a possible Claudette Fire Rooster recolor that completely changes the cosmetic into the charity [this example, it's for an environmental charity for trees] that can be used for the charity pack) (pretend this looks good)
Hardly a surprise, to be honest. But they shouldn't have removed the Splinters. I loved them.
The old Looks. But not pre-Realm Beyond, the really old Look. Like, when Maps were dark and simply looked beautiful.
I completely agree. 2016-2017 looks were, by far, the best we've ever had.