Clown is completely broken

How does it even get to a point where you can ship a patch where clown’s bottles don’t slow? Did not a single person during play testing think that they should try clown?

All 5 of us clown mains are pretty pissed right now ngl

Comments

  • Also if you get stunned as blight, you can't enter rush until you attack the air :D Fun all around

  • @Kwek said:

    Also if you get stunned as blight, you can't enter rush until you attack the air :D Fun all around

    At least he can still rush. Clown is effectively throwing farts right now

  • Not the entitled clown main coming in wanting his bottles to slow down survs. His speed boost bottles weren't enough? Next your gonna ask for extra bottles by default too, the nerve of you people.

  • @CornHub said:

    Not the entitled clown main coming in wanting his bottles to slow down survs. His speed boost bottles weren't enough? Next your gonna ask for extra bottles by default too, the nerve of you people.

    Why do you entitled survivor want killers to be loopable M1 babies so badly?

  • Clown is basically uncounterable and an A tier killer. I run around pallet five times in gas without dropping the pallet, he hits me. What the hell. Too OP, bottles need to slow him as well. Only then will he be a fair killer.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283062#Comment_2283062

    Why do you entitled survivor want killers to be loopable M1 babies so badly?

    Screenshot_20210617-084621_Xbox.jpg

    Not a surv main, but nice try.

  • @CornHub said:

    Not the entitled clown main coming in wanting his bottles to slow down survs. His speed boost bottles weren't enough? Next your gonna ask for extra bottles by default too, the nerve of you people.

    Ahh you got me. His blurred vision is already too oppressive in chase.

  • I've still been playing him. Every other bottle has the bug. I don't understand how something like this can happen and why not one game of Clown was played to make sure he works. Even 20 seconds of a clown match would have shown this.

    https://media.giphy.com/media/lRdN1QLi2R1ViRDsYv/giphy.gif

    I hope for the best but knowing bhvr and how much they care about the state of clown only the entity knows if this will ever be fixed

  • @Altarf said:

    Clown is basically uncounterable and an A tier killer. I run around pallet five times in gas without dropping the pallet, he hits me. What the hell. Too OP, bottles need to slow him as well. Only then will he be a fair killer.

    You’re right. Since clown is fat he should also move slower. It’s only realistic after all

  • I'm a killer main who can recognize how absolutely broken he is. He's only ever gotten buffs since his launch & they finally give him a reasonable nerf by removing the slowdown. Now it actually takes skill to win.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283086#Comment_2283086

    I'm a killer main who can recognize how absolutely broken he is. He's only ever gotten buffs since his launch & they finally give him a reasonable nerf by removing the slowdown. Now it actually takes skill to win.

    Speaking of which why is he a 115%? All other killers with OP chase powers are at least 110% like spirit or slinger. Clown’s power is equally oppressive in a chase yet he gets 115%. Clear bias with the devs here

  • Please... the only time Clown is ever really a problem is when he uses the red head's pinky finger add-on to make survivors exposed. Otherwise he's not that bad. Annoying at times if it's a good Clown, but no where near the levels of OP like Spirit or Nurse. Hell, Doctor is actually more of a pain to deal with than him too.

  • @Marik13 said:

    Please... the only time Clown is ever really a problem is when he uses the red head's pinky finger add-on to make survivors exposed. Otherwise he's not that bad. Annoying at times if it's a good Clown, but no where near the levels of OP like Spirit or Nurse. Hell, Doctor is actually more of a pain to deal with than him too.

    Did you read the post?

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283086#Comment_2283086

    I'm a killer main who can recognize how absolutely broken he is. He's only ever gotten buffs since his launch & they finally give him a reasonable nerf by removing the slowdown. Now it actually takes skill to win.

    He can still use his speed up bottles on himself to cheese free hits on survivors. I agree removing the slowdown on his pink bottles was the right decision but if he's going to keep these ones he should be 110 max.

  • @Marik13 said:

    Please... the only time Clown is ever really a problem is when he uses the red head's pinky finger add-on to make survivors exposed. Otherwise he's not that bad. Annoying at times if it's a good Clown, but no where near the levels of OP like Spirit or Nurse. Hell, Doctor is actually more of a pain to deal with than him too.

    You could’ve read the post first m8

  • Sorry I meant to quote the guy on here who was saying that Clown is OP. Which that is probably the most funny thing I've seen on these forums lol.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283097#Comment_2283097

    He can still use his speed up bottles on himself to cheese free hits on survivors. I agree removing the slowdown on his pink bottles was the right decision but if he's going to keep these ones he should be 110 max.

    You do realize that the speed boost, in order for it to work he has to time it right to get the effect right? Like you can't just throw it at your feet and automatically get a zoomin' like Sonic the Hedgehog. You need to wait 2.5 seconds AFTER the bottle breaks and releases the gas in order to gain the speed effect. So there are very few situations where you'd be able to use them in mid chase where only you can benefit from the boost and accidentally also boost the survivor as well.

  • @Marik13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283129#Comment_2283129

    You do realize that the speed boost, in order for it to work he has to time it right to get the effect right? Like you can't just throw it at your feet and automatically get a zoomin' like Sonic the Hedgehog. You need to wait 2.5 seconds AFTER the bottle breaks and releases the gas in order to gain the speed effect. So there are very few situations where you'd be able to use them in mid chase where only you can benefit from the boost and accidentally also boost the survivor as well.

    Yeah but he can already slow you down by 15% which already makes him OP at loops. And anyway how does some piss in a jar speed you up?

  • I wonder if Hindered got screwed with when they applied it to Nemesis's tentacle? I'm scratching my head as to how this could have happened to Clown, of all the things. Kind of like how pallets got completely borked when they released Smash Hit.

    I had a Clown daily today and bombed hard... glad to know that it was maybe only 80% my fault instead of 100%.

  • As one of the 5 Clown mains, I am very, very disappointed. Pls fix.

  • @CornHub said:

    Not the entitled clown main coming in wanting his bottles to slow down survs. His speed boost bottles weren't enough? Next your gonna ask for extra bottles by default too, the nerve of you people.

    Guys this is the same person that thought Doc was broken because he can prevent survivors from throwing down pallets and vaulting.

  • @glitchboi said:

    As one of the 5 Clown mains, I am very, very disappointed. Pls fix.

    Well at least we can practise our antidote usage :(

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283156#Comment_2283156

    Yeah but he can already slow you down by 15% which already makes him OP at loops. And anyway how does some piss in a jar speed you up?

    You are slowed for 2 seconds. Whereas the speed boost becomes effective after 2.5 seconds and they can still drop a pallet on your head and vault through windows. I like Clown. When I was leveling for perks he was the more fun killer I leveled. But he's no where near as busted as other killers, not even close.


    Also as for the piss jar thing, I dunno. I guess it runs off the the similar logic to TF2's piss jars where if it hits you, you're dealt critical damage lol. Gotta love that jarate

    g9gyktxar2sz.jpg


  • @Marik13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283129#Comment_2283129

    You do realize that the speed boost, in order for it to work he has to time it right to get the effect right? Like you can't just throw it at your feet and automatically get a zoomin' like Sonic the Hedgehog. You need to wait 2.5 seconds AFTER the bottle breaks and releases the gas in order to gain the speed effect. So there are very few situations where you'd be able to use them in mid chase where only you can benefit from the boost and accidentally also boost the survivor as well.

    Even so being able to charge at survivors like that while sped up is insane. It's basically spirit except he can see you as well.

  • Wait, are people actually genuinely defending the state of Clown now that he's lost 90% of his power? I thought they were sarcasm posting...

  • @Laluzi said:

    Wait, are people actually genuinely defending the state of Clown now that he's lost 90% of his power? I thought they were sarcasm posting...

    Kinda glad that we've gone to the point where people think our favorite thicc man is considered OP. Never thought this day would come, but here we are!

  • I bet this is also the reason why survivors don't get the Hindered status effect off a whip from Nemesis.. They are supposed to slow down but it outright does not work. (there even is an Addon for Nemi which makes the Hindered effect longer, it also does a whole lot of nothing) ...

  • @Laluzi said:

    Wait, are people actually genuinely defending the state of Clown now that he's lost 90% of his power? I thought they were sarcasm posting...

    No we’re all being sarcastic here

    I hope

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283156#Comment_2283156

    Even so being able to charge at survivors like that while sped up is insane. It's basically spirit except he can see you as well.

    ....n- no....no it's not even close to being compared to Spirit, are you high? The activation time alone for both speed boosts makes them vastly different, plus the whole Spirit is invisible thing kinda gives her the edge over a big ass hulking Clown stomping your way. Activation time for the speed boost for Clown takes 2.5 seconds after the bottle breaks and the gas is released. For Spirit it's 1.5 seconds to activate hers. Clown only gets a 10% speed increase where ass Spirit's movement speed becomes 7.04m/s. I don't know the exact math on that, but I think Spirit goes faster. Duration though is the same at 5 seconds. But no...Clown is no where near being as fast as Spirit with her power, again just off of activation time alone makes this not even close.


    Edit: I was right, Spirit is still waaaay faster than Clown with her speed boost to where they're not even in the same continent. As stated before, while in phasewalk her movement speed becomes 7.04m/s. For reference the normal movement speed for killers is 4.4m/s (survivors are at 4.0m/s). Speed boost that Clown's antidote gives him changes his movement speed from 4.4m/s to just 5.06m/s. Yeah no...not even close to Spirit.

  • I actually stopped playing this game for how disgustingly OP Clown was so now that he's broken I might come back.

    Then when they fix him I'm deleting the game again.

  • clown is OP anyway. About time they nerfed him. I was so tired of him having a power.

  • @Techn0 said:

    I've still been playing him. Every other bottle has the bug. I don't understand how something like this can happen and why not one game of Clown was played to make sure he works. Even 20 seconds of a clown match would have shown this.

    https://media.giphy.com/media/lRdN1QLi2R1ViRDsYv/giphy.gif

    I hope for the best but knowing bhvr and how much they care about the state of clown only the entity knows if this will ever be fixed

    I have played against it now, everything worked normally!

  • This thread has become soup.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    This thread has become soup.

    You could say it’s become a circus perhaps

  • I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW FRANKENSTEIN, AND I WANNA KNOW WHAT THE ######### YOU'RE DOING WITH MY TIME!!!

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283086#Comment_2283086

    I'm a killer main who can recognize how absolutely broken he is. He's only ever gotten buffs since his launch & they finally give him a reasonable nerf by removing the slowdown. Now it actually takes skill to win.

    but the nerf has already been activated?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    How does it even get to a point where you can ship a patch where clown’s bottles don’t slow? Did not a single person during play testing think that they should try clown?

    All 5 of us clown mains are pretty pissed right now ngl

    There was at least one person running Clown on the PTB and if I remember correctly, survivors disconnected because it wasn't the Nemesis. Because imagine testing more than the newest killer on the newest patch.

  • @Sabraiz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/258626/clown-is-completely-broken

    There was at least one person running Clown on the PTB and if I remember correctly, survivors disconnected because it wasn't the Nemesis. Because imagine testing more than the newest killer on the newest patch.

    I like killer variety. I get bored pretty quickly if I have to face the same killer, or killers, several times within an hour or two. Trickster's debut ruined this for me.

  • @Marik13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283182#Comment_2283182

    ....n- no....no it's not even close to being compared to Spirit, are you high? The activation time alone for both speed boosts makes them vastly different, plus the whole Spirit is invisible thing kinda gives her the edge over a big ass hulking Clown stomping your way. Activation time for the speed boost for Clown takes 2.5 seconds after the bottle breaks and the gas is released. For Spirit it's 1.5 seconds to activate hers. Clown only gets a 10% speed increase where ass Spirit's movement speed becomes 7.04m/s. I don't know the exact math on that, but I think Spirit goes faster. Duration though is the same at 5 seconds. But no...Clown is no where near being as fast as Spirit with her power, again just off of activation time alone makes this not even close.

    Edit: I was right, Spirit is still waaaay faster than Clown with her speed boost to where they're not even in the same continent. As stated before, while in phasewalk her movement speed becomes 7.04m/s. For reference the normal movement speed for killers is 4.4m/s (survivors are at 4.0m/s). Speed boost that Clown's antidote gives him changes his movement speed from 4.4m/s to just 5.06m/s. Yeah no...not even close to Spirit.

    Clown being slower than spirit only makes him more lethal. The speed of killers like spirit or blight can throw you off, but with clown it's just fast enough to guarantee a hit. Fast, but deadly and precise. Like a shark, but with less counterplay. With sharks you can swim away. Or just not go in the sea at all.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283294#Comment_2283294

    I like killer variety. I get bored pretty quickly if I have to face the same killer, or killers, several times within an hour or two. Trickster's debut ruined this for me.

    Yeah trickster is a complete snoozefest tbh. I’d rather fight twins

  • @Altarf said:

    Clown is basically uncounterable and an A tier killer. I run around pallet five times in gas without dropping the pallet, he hits me. What the hell. Too OP, bottles need to slow him as well. Only then will he be a fair killer.

    At least it's funny and original 😁

  • Two parts to these problems:

    1. the devs changing stuff from the ptb to live instead of putting a new ptb up
    2. people NOT testing older stuff (killers, perks, spawnpoints) on ptb

    edit: you even have people complaining that some people play other killers on ptb, only to then come around and complain that other killers are bugged upon the live patch. have your escape cake OR eat it, people.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283299#Comment_2283299

    Yeah trickster is a complete snoozefest tbh. I’d rather fight twins

    Oh my god man, I would take the Twins over Trickster every single moment of every single day of every single week. An interesting killer that I never see versus an annoying one that I've faced 300 times? You bet.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Considering Legion was basically dead for almost a month after Twins' release, I hope all of you Clown mains like playing other killers.

    Well billy it is then :(

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Considering Legion was basically dead for almost a month after Twins' release, I hope all of you Clown mains like playing other killers.

    Jokes on you, I'm a stubborn idiot and I'm still gonna play him.

  • @Snapshot said:

    I bet this is also the reason why survivors don't get the Hindered status effect off a whip from Nemesis.. They are supposed to slow down but it outright does not work. (there even is an Addon for Nemi which makes the Hindered effect longer, it also does a whole lot of nothing) ...

    Well the hindered effect from Nemesis's Infection last for 0.25 seconds, wich is worthless. Could it be what is happening here too ? Could they have made Clown's bottles also only last for 0.25s ? 🤔

  • @Decarcassor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283201#Comment_2283201

    Well the hindered effect from Nemesis's Infection last for 0.25 seconds, wich is worthless. Could it be what is happening here too ? Could they have made Clown's bottles also only last for 0.25s ? 🤔

    I strongly suspect this is, if not the case, at least strongly related, and they somehow mucked up the values for Hindered across the board instead of giving Nemesis a separate application.

  • @Decarcassor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2283201#Comment_2283201

    Well the hindered effect from Nemesis's Infection last for 0.25 seconds, wich is worthless. Could it be what is happening here too ? Could they have made Clown's bottles also only last for 0.25s ? 🤔

    Clowns bottles still have the full slowdown once applied.

    However direct hits and walking through the gas for brief moments does nothing.

    Moreso it's like clowns power only applies after .25 or .5 seconds of running through the gas.

  • Is this thread an illusion or someone actually called Clown "OP"? I refuse to believe my eyes.

‹ 1 2