How long is it until it’s considered taking the game hostage?

I’m sure you’ve been there before where the killer is absolutely insistent upon getting that 4K and will keep dropping you until you get up and get so tired of the game that you will just lead him to the other person. I just had a round like that and instead of playing any more I just got up to do something else. It went on for like 15 minutes longer than it should. I pushed the button on him taking the game hostage but I don’t know if this is a grey area or what. It’s just annoying. Kill me so I can move on!

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I think it was after 15 minutes or something like that.

  • The game can end, so it isn't taking the game hostage.

    The other person needs to either do a gen or die. Either way, the game ends.

  • around 10/15 mins sounds about right, the situation you describe you can definitely report - it would be for the team of ACM's to decide if a rule had been broken...it would need video evidence however.

  • @Pulsar said:

    The game can end, so it isn't taking the game hostage.

    The other person needs to either do a gen or die. Either way, the game ends.

    It’s taking ME hostage. I certainly don’t have the power to end the game without disconnecting in this case.

  • This is why we need an option to bleed out on the floor. A hostage situation doesn't mean indefinitely. The game needs to introduce a mechanic where under certain conditions, the survivor can elect to bleed out at an accelerated rate. The justification for bringing the match to a swift end with the struggle mechanic under certain conditions can easily be applied to being slugged on the floor while the killer looks for the last person or the hatch. Everyone is ready to move on to the next match, no one wants to be held hostage to the match at that point.

  • People have done this for years. I'm surprised they haven't made survivors continue to bleed out whilst carried.

  • Agree I'm basically a hostage of someone that wants 4k last night I went again twins who wanted 4k so bad I recorded whole game it was 38 minutes long and one of most miserable time I had in this game he's refusing to hook me I can't dc or I will eat penalty I can't bleed out easily and with us succesfully getting up over and over it went to enternity even tho if I refused to get up my team gets me up I know game can end still but it's some way of game hostage it's not hard to kill 3 ppl and risk 50% that last one will get hatch

  • @justbecause said:

    Agree I'm basically a hostage of someone that wants 4k last night I went again twins who wanted 4k so bad I recorded whole game it was 38 minutes long and one of most miserable time I had in this game he's refusing to hook me I can't dc or I will eat penalty I can't bleed out easily and with us succesfully getting up over and over it went to enternity even tho if I refused to get up my team gets me up I know game can end still but it's some way of game hostage it's not hard to kill 3 ppl and risk 50% that last one will get hatch

    Yeah that's frustrating. The developers were so worried about poor killers having to deal with someone struggling for 15 seconds so they made it where you can no longer do so and it automatically consumes you. However they're not interested in survivors that can be slugged on the floor for several minutes during an equally hopeless and pointless situation.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257084#Comment_2257084

    Yeah that's frustrating. The developers were so worried about poor killers having to deal with someone struggling for 15 seconds so they made it where you can no longer do so and it automatically consumes you. However they're not interested in survivors that can be slugged on the floor for several minutes during an equally hopeless and pointless situation.

    Bleeding out is one thing, this was constantly dropping people so they’d stand up and NOT bleed out!

  • Slugging for the 4K isn't taking the game hostage by itself. Even if you bleed out from full HP.


    If the killer is constantly "Resetting" you via picking up and dropping though to artificially drag the game out though it can arguably be a hostage situation especially if he's doing it for no real benefit.

  • Hmm this does sound like taking the game hostage in a way. Since they keep picking up you up and forcing you to wiggle out and just keep downing you. So it's prolonging the game way to much. And forcing you to play in a way you can't control. But you there needs to be a system were you can bleed out quicker if you hold a button, so players can choose to bleed out quicker if they get slugged. Or what happened to you in your case, but thankfully I never had something like this happen to me.

  • I was held hostage too but being a killer instead. Im still fairly new to the game with 56 hours on record. But when I was only just 5-10 hours into the game, i managed to kill 2 survivors and was looking for the other 2 survivors. i couldn't for the life of me find them. Also noticed they were not doing any generators and wasn't getting any notifications of missed skill checks, or fast vaults, etc..

    after i figured they were trolling me, i just hid in a corner and did something else on my PC. 30-45 min. later, the match was over when I checked.

    I mean a killer trying to get a 4 kill isn't griefing intentionally. What about the other survivor? he should be doing gens, or picking you up; he's prolonging this experience for you as well. i mean what exactly was he doing? you are in a dying state and im sure you recovered yourself up to 95%, it should be very fast for him to pick you up to injured.

  • @PsychoTron said:

    I was held hostage too but being a killer instead. Im still fairly new to the game with 56 hours on record. But when I was only just 5-10 hours into the game, i managed to kill 2 survivors and was looking for the other 2 survivors. i couldn't for the life of me find them. Also noticed they were not doing any generators and wasn't getting any notifications of missed skill checks, or fast vaults, etc..

    after i figured they were trolling me, i just hid in a corner and did something else on my PC. 30-45 min. later, the match was over when I checked.

    I mean a killer trying to get a 4 kill isn't griefing intentionally. What about the other survivor? he should be doing gens, or picking you up; he's prolonging this experience for you as well. i mean what exactly was he doing? you are in a dying state and im sure you recovered yourself up to 95%, it should be very fast for him to pick you up to injured.

    The other survivor was actually the first one to be victimized in this fashion. I saw that all the killer was doing was picking him up and then knocking him down over and over again so I went and began working on a gen. But then the killer noticed me and let the other person get away and started doing it to me too. This went back and forth once or twice until I got bored and walked away to the kitchen.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257179#Comment_2257179

    The other survivor was actually the first one to be victimized in this fashion. I saw that all the killer was doing was picking him up and then knocking him down over and over again so I went and began working on a gen. But then the killer noticed me and let the other person get away and started doing it to me too. This went back and forth once or twice until I got bored and walked away to the kitchen.

    ohh.. you're saying you and your teammate were downed, and the killer was just juggling between you and your teammate picking him up, then dropping him down, etc..??

    does the killer get more bloodpoints when he does that?? with both you down he already has his 4K, i suppose he's just griefing just for kicks.

  • @PsychoTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257400#Comment_2257400

    ohh.. you're saying you and your teammate were downed, and the killer was just juggling between you and your teammate picking him up, then dropping him down, etc..??

    does the killer get more bloodpoints when he does that?? with both you down he already has his 4K, i suppose he's just griefing just for kicks.

    Neither one of us was downed at the same time. I suspect he was only doing that so that one of us would give away the other’s position, which is a ######### play trying to get us to break the rules to “work with the killer”.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2256952#Comment_2256952

    It’s taking ME hostage. I certainly don’t have the power to end the game without disconnecting in this case.

    It wouldn’t fall under the games definition of holding hostage, but it DOES fall under griefing.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257098#Comment_2257098

    Bleeding out is one thing, this was constantly dropping people so they’d stand up and NOT bleed out!

    so he was picking you up, letting you get back up, chasing you again and hitting you back to the ground?


    is that what happened?


    cause if that's what happened I'm not sure how you guys didn't just finish all the gens. you don't get extra bleed out time when you wiggle off.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257121#Comment_2257121

    so he was picking you up, letting you get back up, chasing you again and hitting you back to the ground?

    is that what happened?

    cause if that's what happened I'm not sure how you guys didn't just finish all the gens. you don't get extra bleed out time when you wiggle off.

    Can you please explain how exactly the bleed out timer is advancing when someone is constantly being picked up, dropped until they wiggle off, then knocked down again, immediately picked up once again, and the process is repeated?

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257678#Comment_2257678

    Can you please explain how exactly the bleed out timer is advancing when someone is constantly being picked up, dropped until they wiggle off, then knocked down again, immediately picked up once again, and the process is repeated?

    because the bleed out timer is 4 minutes. while they are down on the ground it will decrease. even if just by a couple seconds each time.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257578#Comment_2257578

    Neither one of us was downed at the same time. I suspect he was only doing that so that one of us would give away the other’s position, which is a ######### play trying to get us to break the rules to “work with the killer”.


    Ok i understand whats going on. When he downed 1 of the survivor, instead of just hooking him, he left him on the floor as bait for his other teammate to rescue him. The killer would occasionally pick up the dying survivor so that their bleed time stops.

    Then your teammate will arrive to rescue you, but since the killer is more or less camping your dying body, he either hits you again and you're back in the dying phase (does your bleed timer reset?), or your teammate saved you but it costed him to be the one dying.

    But you guys kept repeating this. over, and over, and over, and over, and over, again, and again.

    Either one of you guys should realize that getting both survivors escaping is a lost cause, and the healthy survivor should just finish the generator and leave.

    The killer didn't hold the game hostage, or grief you; you and your teammate griefed each other.

  • @PsychoTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257611#Comment_2257611

    Ok i understand whats going on. When he downed 1 of the survivor, instead of just hooking him, he left him on the floor as bait for his other teammate to rescue him. The killer would occasionally pick up the dying survivor so that their bleed time stops.

    Then your teammate will arrive to rescue you, but since the killer is more or less camping your dying body, he either hits you again and you're back in the dying phase (does your bleed timer reset?), or your teammate saved you but it costed him to be the one dying.

    But you guys kept repeating this. over, and over, and over, and over, and over, again, and again.

    Either one of you guys should realize that getting both survivors escaping is a lost cause, and the healthy survivor should just finish the generator and leave.

    The killer didn't hold the game hostage, or grief you; you and your teammate griefed each other.

    You most obviously DO NOT understand what is going on, at all.

    @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257817#Comment_2257817

    because the bleed out timer is 4 minutes. while they are down on the ground it will decrease. even if just by a couple seconds each time.

    Do you not understand the 4 minute bleedout timer will take over an hour to complete doing this?

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257880#Comment_2257880

    You most obviously DO NOT understand what is going on, at all.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257877#Comment_2257877

    Do you not understand the 4 minute bleedout timer will take over an hour to complete doing this?

    it will absolutely not.

    just from basic math.


    also, I never said it wouldn't take a long time. just that I don't understand why the other survivor(s) didn't just finish the gens and left since the killer was wasting so much time.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257915#Comment_2257915

    it will absolutely not.

    just from basic math.

    also, I never said it wouldn't take a long time. just that I don't understand why the other survivor(s) didn't just finish the gens and left since the killer was wasting so much time.

    ?

    Oh I don’t know. Maybe because they were already dead?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257121#Comment_2257121

    so he was picking you up, letting you get back up, chasing you again and hitting you back to the ground?

    is that what happened?

    cause if that's what happened I'm not sure how you guys didn't just finish all the gens. you don't get extra bleed out time when you wiggle off.

    And I’m not sure how you misread the situation. Two people were dead, one player was downed. But instead of keeping him down as “bait”, he would keep picking him up and dropping him so that he would struggle free, maybe chase him for 15 seconds and then down him again. Over and over and over. Once I knew that this was never going to end i DID try to fix a gen, but it was never a serious attempt to escape because I knew that he was only doing this to bait me or try to get the guy to reveal my location. Fixing a gen completely would certainly give away my location as well as anything and there was still three to repair. The one gen attempted I didn’t even finish because the other player somehow lot the killer so he went back to patrolling. So no, to answer your question I couldn’t “just” fix all of the gens myself. Bubba was never going to let me do that.

  • @PsychoTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257611#Comment_2257611

    Ok i understand whats going on. When he downed 1 of the survivor, instead of just hooking him, he left him on the floor as bait for his other teammate to rescue him. The killer would occasionally pick up the dying survivor so that their bleed time stops.

    Then your teammate will arrive to rescue you, but since the killer is more or less camping your dying body, he either hits you again and you're back in the dying phase (does your bleed timer reset?), or your teammate saved you but it costed him to be the one dying.

    But you guys kept repeating this. over, and over, and over, and over, and over, again, and again.

    Either one of you guys should realize that getting both survivors escaping is a lost cause, and the healthy survivor should just finish the generator and leave.

    The killer didn't hold the game hostage, or grief you; you and your teammate griefed each other.

    No, you don’t understand the situation at all. You added a lot of details to my game that didn’t happen and I never shared. There wasn’t just “one” gen left there was 3. Both of us DID realize that both of us escaping was a lost cause. Your scenario of him using one as bait to lure the other to heal did NOT happen. He literally did exactly what I already explained. He kept picking up and dropping him over and over again and then came after me when the other guy finally managed to escape. “Griefing each other” give me a freaking break!

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257915#Comment_2257915

    it will absolutely not.

    just from basic math.

    also, I never said it wouldn't take a long time. just that I don't understand why the other survivor(s) didn't just finish the gens and left since the killer was wasting so much time.


    Lets say each time the Survivor is dropped, half a second is removed from the bleedout timer (which it is not).

    3 drops to wiggle - 1.5 seconds bleedout time

    Drop animation before pickup - 2 seconds 3 times

    Pickup animation time - 2.5 seconds roughly (not entirely sure on this since it was changed)

    Killer stun after wiggle - 5 seconds

    Hit plus wipe to down the Survivor again - 3 seconds

    24 seconds for the whole process (being very generous here) for 1.5 seconds of bleedout time

    This is NOT even taking into account if the Survivor decides to run away after the wiggle animation

    That's 64 minutes for the Survivor to bleedout, and that's being VERY generous.

    Next time, do the math first yourself instead of telling someone "basic math".

    It only solidifies the fact you have absolutely no idea what you are even talking about.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2256952#Comment_2256952

    It’s taking ME hostage. I certainly don’t have the power to end the game without disconnecting in this case.

    According to that logic hooking a survivor can be considered taking them hostage. The only real way to take this game hostage is to body block an entrance or exit for an exuberant amount of time. Difficult to do nowadays thanks to egc (thank God!).


    Wiggle goes up 20% for every drop. And the killer is stunned for a short time after a successful wiggle. Really this scenario can be easily beaten by (escaping a chase, having your teammate finish gens while the killer wastes time) .


    The only way of preventing your escape or the start of EGC is catching you in one of the rare dead ends . At that point yes it is a hostage situation. As long as they block for the sole purpose of holding you there.

  • 30 years is average in Freddy tinkerer matches so I guess 31 years?

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257938#Comment_2257938

    ?

    Oh I don’t know. Maybe because they were already dead?

    @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257678#Comment_2257678

    And I’m not sure how you misread the situation. Two people were dead, one player was downed. But instead of keeping him down as “bait”, he would keep picking him up and dropping him so that he would struggle free, maybe chase him for 15 seconds and then down him again. Over and over and over. Once I knew that this was never going to end i DID try to fix a gen, but it was never a serious attempt to escape because I knew that he was only doing this to bait me or try to get the guy to reveal my location. Fixing a gen completely would certainly give away my location as well as anything and there was still three to repair. The one gen attempted I didn’t even finish because the other player somehow lot the killer so he went back to patrolling. So no, to answer your question I couldn’t “just” fix all of the gens myself. Bubba was never going to let me do that.

    you are saying opposite things here... either someone else was alive, or they were already dead. you can't have "everyone was dead" and "2 people were alive"


    so, why couldn't you fix a gen? just time the finish of the gen with the time the other guy would wiggle from his arms. he can only chase one of you. that's how you could fix all gens. (in the case bubba didn't decide to check on gens or lost the other player, of course).

    same applies to the other player if bubba juggles you aswell.

    don't know if it would apply, but it's also possible to fix 1 gen and get a key in a chest (assuming chests are still around).


    This is still a very weird situation... never saw anyone do that.


    @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257938#Comment_2257938

    Lets say each time the Survivor is dropped, half a second is removed from the bleedout timer (which it is not).

    3 drops to wiggle - 1.5 seconds bleedout time

    Drop animation before pickup - 2 seconds 3 times

    Pickup animation time - 2.5 seconds roughly (not entirely sure on this since it was changed)

    Killer stun after wiggle - 5 seconds

    Hit plus wipe to down the Survivor again - 3 seconds

    24 seconds for the whole process (being very generous here) for 1.5 seconds of bleedout time

    This is NOT even taking into account if the Survivor decides to run away after the wiggle animation

    That's 64 minutes for the Survivor to bleedout, and that's being VERY generous.

    Next time, do the math first yourself instead of telling someone "basic math".

    It only solidifies the fact you have absolutely no idea what you are even talking about.

    ok mate... you really wanna do this?


    1st, pick up animation is 3 seconds.

    2nd, it takes 5 drops to actually drop a survivor.

    3rd, you think after a killer hits a survivor the survivor doesn't bleed out while they wipe their weapon?


    it all starts with a hit, 3 seconds(also adds on bleedout timer +plus a bit extra to get to the survivor, specially if they vaulted a window before the hit...but let's just put that on chase)

    then pick up and drop 4x, then 1 extra pickup since you don't drop the survivor when they wiggle free, 23 seconds. +3 = 26.

    chase...

    and repeat.


    for a 3 second bleedout for every hit + 0.5 for drop? was that the number you gave? total 5 seconds.


    240 seconds / 5 = 48 cycles

    48 * 26 = 1248 seconds.

    which is 20.8 minutes.


    but hey... let's remove the time for the drops... since you think they don't exist...

    240 seconds / 3 = 80 cycles

    80 * 26 = 2080 seconds

    which is 34.666... minutes.


    but hey... you are adding the 5 second stun when you wiggle free...

    80 * 31 = 2480 seconds

    which is 41.333... minutes


    wow... look how much it goes over 1 hour...

    good thing you didn't forget anything when making this, like the survivor bleeding out while the killer wipe their weapon. otherwise you would look very silly...



    Next time, do the math first yourself instead of telling someone "basic math".

    It only solidifies the fact you have absolutely no idea what you are even talking about.

    next time, do the math right.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2258051#Comment_2258051

    OMG, you are just a complete failure at logic. I would have LOVED if he just hooked one of us. It isn’t the same. If he’s constantly picking you up and dropping you, you can maybe extend a chase a little… but how do you actually leave the game? You can’t fix gens, you can’t open the gate or escape through a hatch that hasn’t even spawned. So how, Mr. Wizard? How? How do you do it if he won’t hook you or even let you bleed out?

    You seem a fine reasonable person for discussion so Ill leave it at this. The killer can only do it to one of You. And even then just wiggle out. Loop him,vault a window. You make it seem as though your locked in place when you get off. While your doing that it leaves your teammates open for free gens/doors/etc.

    The killer is not omnipresent.

  • @MrCrazyCat62 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2258224#Comment_2258224

    You seem a fine reasonable person for discussion so Ill leave it at this. The killer can only do it to one of You. And even then just wiggle out. Loop him,vault a window. You make it seem as though your locked in place when you get off. While your doing that it leaves your teammates open for free gens/doors/etc.

    The killer is not omnipresent.

    I guess that you don’t realize that I have no control over other survivors any more than I do with the killer.

    The two of you that are telling me what we “should have done” are making an awful lot of assumptions about what we didn’t do or what was possible. I’m not going to go blow by blow on absolutely everything that we did, but I already said multiple times that I did try to do gens and it didn’t work. So nip it already. The other survivor wasn’t the problem. I don’t blame them for a second how they played. I blame the killer, period.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2258167#Comment_2258167

    More logic fail. Holy crap. There were no other people available to work on gens that would make escape via the gates a viable option. You make sound like “oh, just go do three gens all by yourself. He’ll let you do that.” No he wouldn’t. Every idiot knows in this situation you try to wait for the hatch. Anyways , How do I “time” a gen to pop if neither the killer or the person being griefed isn’t even in sight of me? You think everybody always uses bond or something? And for the last time, i DID try working on a gen so why don’t you start reading the entirety of my posts for a change?

    you can look at their icon? you stop at 99% and when you see they are standing up you finish the gen? it's not hard.

  • I was just stuck in a game for 30 minutes searching for 2 survivors waiting for hatch.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2258239#Comment_2258239

    you can look at their icon? you stop at 99% and when you see they are standing up you finish the gen? it's not hard.

    Wow. Now just do that for two more gens. But in reality all that would do is notify him of my location. He’ll quickly down the other guy and be on me within the minute. Your theoretical example didn’t happen.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    People have done this for years. I'm surprised they haven't made survivors continue to bleed out whilst carried.

    That would definitely help, but not fix the main issue.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2259252#Comment_2259252

    Wow. Now just do that for two more gens. But in reality all that would do is notify him of my location. He’ll quickly down the other guy and be on me within the minute. Your theoretical example didn’t happen.

    if it happened it wouldn't be theorical...


    and you can easily walk away? while they chase the other person?

    if they were good at finding people, they wouldn't be doing this weird downing and picking up again thing.

    you just hide a bit and then do the key thing, or another gen if the key doesn't work.

  • @Mandy said:

    around 10/15 mins sounds about right, the situation you describe you can definitely report - it would be for the team of ACM's to decide if a rule had been broken...it would need video evidence however.

    Though I agree with your point here, I really think that BHVR needs to be able to get the match data when anyone is repported and thus they can see what is happening via the dedicated server's eyes not just one person's view which can skew things as well as lead to incorrect conclusions.

  • Why don't we look at the cause instead of the symptom? Losing what should be a guaranteed 4k because of the rng hatch feels bad. So the killer is doing all he can to mitigate this. The killer wants his percieved win and the 4th survivor wants a free escape. But this is all being enabled by the ######### rng of the hatch.

  • The Killer was going for a 4k, that is not taking a game hostage and its rediculous to see responses saying it is.

    You can work together with your teammate to escape or after a while you will bleed out. You are not being held without possibility to escape, just because you had to wait an extra 15 minutes because your teammate wanted to survive by stealthing the killer does not give you any excuse to report that killer. You should be ashamed of yourself for blaming others like that.

  • That's not taking it hostage. Killer was trying to play for the 4k, prevent the hatch, and since you gave up also prevent crow spam.

    Your grievance should be with the teammate trying to wait it out for the hatch chance.

    If they have both if you and won't hook/bleed you out, then it's a hostage game.

  • @Rougual said:

    The Killer was going for a 4k, that is not taking a game hostage and its rediculous to see responses saying it is.

    You can work together with your teammate to escape or after a while you will bleed out. You are not being held without possibility to escape, just because you had to wait an extra 15 minutes because your teammate wanted to survive by stealthing the killer does not give you any excuse to report that killer. You should be ashamed of yourself for blaming others like that.

    Why should I be ashamed? There are far more sporting ways to go for the 4K than abusing players for minutes at a time. I wanted out and the only way that one of the survivors could leave the match on their own is a) disconnect or b) work with the killer to point out the other survivor. Both of these things are against the rules. Does this sound right to you? I also don’t have any power over the other survivor to do anything to speed up the game, so yes, I was very much being held hostage. The only real choice I had once he got a hold of me was to set down the controller and walk away.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    That's not taking it hostage. Killer was trying to play for the 4k, prevent the hatch, and since you gave up also prevent crow spam.

    Your grievance should be with the teammate trying to wait it out for the hatch chance.

    If they have both if you and won't hook/bleed you out, then it's a hostage game.

    ?? I gave up only after it was futile, and the game only ending once I stopped doing anything because it wasn’t fun for him anymore. Honestly I’m not even really sure he was going for a 4K like you think. He was just being sadistic. You can believe all you want but you weren’t there. I’ve been through many games where people would be knocked down and not hooked for the 4K. That is common practice. This was something else. It was definitely griefing if not technically a hostage situation (but it sure felt like one).

  • Closing this thread, please remember to keep your comments civil and respectful. As Mandy already stated, 10-15 minutes of the game having no progress is very well within the definition of holding the game hostage, and video proof can be submitted to Support to review: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/

    To review Game rules and the reporting process, you can go here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules